PDA

View Full Version : Really strange, everything is super sped up?

Yami Blind
08-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Hey guys

I've been playing p99 for about a week and now my wife wants to join in.

I just installed it on her computer and set her up with WinEQ2.

It's a stock Titanium install with the V33 p99 files from the Getting Started Guide

When she logged in, we noticed she's moving super, super fast(so is everybody else from our perspective). It causes some really weird behavior with NPC pathing and other PC travelling through Neriak.

She rolled a DEF cleric and her cast bar progresses twice as fast as it should, though the server doesn't register her character casting the spell any faster; if she moves before the spellcast is 'over' from serverside's perspective then it interrupts, even though she is 'finished' on our clientside.

Anybody else seen this really odd behavior, or have any idea how to deal with it?

Just looking for a fix because it is pretty much unplayable as is; the game doesn't register her autoattacks because it's skipping so hard.

Thanks fellas

littlebobby3
08-27-2014, 11:01 PM
What is WinEQ2? Also did you get a IP exemption? Your only allowed one character online at a time per IP... to prevent boxing.

Rais
08-28-2014, 12:50 AM
There is an issue with multi core cpus. Set you infinity to 1

Derubael
08-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Like Rais stated in the post above me, this is a multi-core issue. You need to set processor affinity to a single core for Everquest. This will make it so EQ only runs off 1 core.

After launching the titanium client, open your task manager (usually accessible by ctrl+alt+delete), right click the Eqgame.exe process and click set affinity. Uncheck all of your cores except one (and make sure "all cores" is unchecked), then click ok and bring EQ back up, your problem should be fixed.

Alternatively, if you only have 2 cores, this will probably not be a series of checkboxes, but instead you will just click on "core 0" or "core 1".

You can actually set it to any of the numbers there, 0 is just the default ("first") core.

There is a way to automate this so you don't have to walk through that process every time. I know that Duxa's all in one has this option, but if you aren't using Duxa's, give me a minute and I'll get you the appropriate target script to make this automatic.

Derubael
08-28-2014, 02:16 AM
To create an affinity shortcut:

Right click your desktop, -> create new shortcut. It will ask you for a location of your new shortcut. In the location box type:

cmd.exe /c start "Everquest" /affinity 1 c:\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

Please keep in mind that in the above example, where I typed C:\everquest\eqgame, you will want to use YOUR Everquest directory and eqgame.exe. Also bear in mind that if your file path has any spaces you will need to use quotes. Patchme would go outside the quotes. Example:

cmd.exe /c start "Everquest" /affinity 1 "c:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

After this is done, click next, name your shortcut, and click finish.

*NOTE* It is highly recommended you do not install Everquest to c:\program files\. It can cause problems if you have UAC turned on (if you don't know what that is, it's turned on). *END NOTE*

Now right click your shortcut and click properties. You will see a box that says "start in", and will be directed to c:\windows\system32. Replace this file path with your Everquest directory. For example, mine says:

c:\everquest

And that's it.

**Optional step: Setting the proper shortcut icon**

Right click your shortcut again. Click Change Icon. You will see a line at the top that says "Look for icons in this file:". In that box, type the location of your eqgame.exe. For example:

C:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe

Please note that you do not need to use quotes for this path.

Select the icon you want and click ok. You are now set! Use this shortcut to start Everquest with processor affinity automatically set to one core. This will fix your warp-speed problems and allow you to play normally like everyone else!

Enjoy! :D

Note for advanced users/people who like to learn things (everyone else please disregard this as it will only confuse you): Do not edit the "affinity" number in the shortcut location. Leave it as 1. This does not mean "Core 1" (remember, computers start counting at 0). It's a hexadecimal number used to represent your computer core's in binary. IE: 1 = 0001, or Core 0. Setting this to "6" would turn on cores 1 and 2 for that application. (because 6 in binary is 0110, 1=on 0=off)

Yami Blind
08-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks a ton guys!

Though, wasn't WinEQ2 supposed to take care of that?

gnatch
08-28-2014, 02:13 PM
There is an option to enable/disable CPU affinity in WinEQ.

Options-> Preferences
WinEQ 2.0 -> General -> Set CPU Affinity

Mordimier
09-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I followed all the steps exactly to setup the shortcut. But when I check task manager for eqgame.exe, it is still running on 2 CPUs. It is still not having the game run on one CPU.

Also, is it better to run this game with WinEQ or to edit the shortcut? I have one of the AMD dual core processors that are troublesome with this game.

Derubael
09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
^wineq solves many of these issues all on its own.

Mordyth
09-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Will duxa fix this issue on its own?

Frieza_Prexus
09-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Set you infinity to 1

But ∞ > 1