PDA

View Full Version : So, question about server behavior

Wycked Goodbrew
08-27-2014, 11:03 PM
What would the forum lurkers suggest to a young Shaman such as myself in this situation.

I started camping the East side of the goblin fort in Warslik's Woods for Grachnist at 9:30 pm last night. It was open, so I set up shop and had only 1 Grachnist kill on my sleeve before about 45 mins later, a level 50+ Cleric walks in and starts AE'ing the entire fort ... both sides of the river.

He claims he "didn't see me anywhere" when he "checked the compound", and just continues doing his thing until (I presume) he got what he came for. So I start clearing my rotation back and a group of more 60's rush in to start killing.

They were gone within 30 mins, and a 54 Monk shows up and is talking to me. I start clearing the adds around the tents, as Grachnist has spawned inside one, and before I finish off the roamers and his tent-mate, the Monk has pulled Grachnist off to the other side of the ruins to claim him.

WTF is a 35 Shaman like myself supposed to do? I legitimately claimed one of the only cash camps I can handle myself, and it doesn't seem to matter to these entitled higher levels.

I won't give names or Guilds of the players who acted this way (one a very prominent raiding Guild on the server), since that's in poor taste, but out of the 3 hours I was there only ONE level 60 Rogue actually ASKED me if I was camping Grachnist, and asked if his alt could loot the head for a quest. (Eldon, I believe, from <Inglorious Bastards>).

Advice on how to deal with these types of bottomfeeders? And also a thank you to Eldon and IB for actually being a class act. Your competition guilds could learn a thing or two.

lecompte
08-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Camps have fairly interesting rules, one of the big ones is you need to maintain a presense in the camp with force capable of killing the mob(s) and the mobs can't be up for very long. Technically, if I walked in on you, with Grachnist up and you're buffing, then medding to full mana before engaging, I can engage him just on merit of him being up without being engaged timely; while an asshole move on my part, if I see you getting ready to go for the kill, it is allowed and make sense depending on the situation.

My other piece of advice: While I am a fan and member of IB, an all around nice guy (and modest too!), you may be ill served to judge an entire guild harshly on the actions of a few -- every guild has perceived poopheads in it, and 90% of the time it is a result of a misunderstanding.

Glenzig
08-28-2014, 10:46 AM
No one decided to do a camp check? For real?

Lictor
08-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Sadly you just have to get used to it. Happens at every cash camp while you are leveling up on your first toon.

Harmonicdeth
08-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Greed...

Rattle Squirrell
08-28-2014, 10:57 AM
What would the forum lurkers suggest to a young Shaman such as myself in this situation.

I started camping the East side of the goblin fort in Warslik's Woods for Grachnist at 9:30 pm last night. It was open, so I set up shop and had only 1 Grachnist kill on my sleeve before about 45 mins later, a level 50+ Cleric walks in and starts AE'ing the entire fort ... both sides of the river.

He claims he "didn't see me anywhere" when he "checked the compound", and just continues doing his thing until (I presume) he got what he came for. So I start clearing my rotation back and a group of more 60's rush in to start killing.

They were gone within 30 mins, and a 54 Monk shows up and is talking to me. I start clearing the adds around the tents, as Grachnist has spawned inside one, and before I finish off the roamers and his tent-mate, the Monk has pulled Grachnist off to the other side of the ruins to claim him.

WTF is a 35 Shaman like myself supposed to do? I legitimately claimed one of the only cash camps I can handle myself, and it doesn't seem to matter to these entitled higher levels.

I won't give names or Guilds of the players who acted this way (one a very prominent raiding Guild on the server), since that's in poor taste, but out of the 3 hours I was there only ONE level 60 Rogue actually ASKED me if I was camping Grachnist, and asked if his alt could loot the head for a quest. (Eldon, I believe, from <Inglorious Bastards>).

Advice on how to deal with these types of bottomfeeders? And also a thank you to Eldon and IB for actually being a class act. Your competition guilds could learn a thing or two.

The admins are too busy hashing out the raiding situation, and constantly being petitioned for stupid shit from probably the same people that just ran in and stole your mob man.

You didn't do anything wrong, they should have called a camp check. Even if they saw corpses around the camp, they should have at least done a /who all and known there were people there in the zone.

Was just an asshole move on them, period.

lecompte
08-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Responding to a camp check does not a camp make. There is no requirement to respond to a CC, nor is there is a requirement to respect one.

Rattle Squirrell
08-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Responding to a camp check does not a camp make. There is no requirement to respond to a CC, nor is there is a requirement to respect one.

It was probably this asshole that stole your mob, and his mentality is the exact reason the server end game is shit.

Thanks for being a dick

lecompte
08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
It was probably this asshole that stole your mob, and his mentality is the exact reason the server end game is shit.

Thanks for being a dick

I'm trying to be helpful here. Please make a shit thread in RnF about me instead of bringing this in here where someone has an honest question and I'm giving honest answers.

The reason for the rule regarding CCs is people can be afk sitting on the spawn point of a mob and still be a legal camp without responding to the CC, or sometimes the CC call gets missed by the camp holder. OR, someone at ZL can see that no one called the camp, and call it because they think they can get there in time to get the camp.

-TK-
08-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Camps have fairly interesting rules, one of the big ones is you need to maintain a presense in the camp with force capable of killing the mob(s) and the mobs can't be up for very long. Technically, if I walked in on you, with Grachnist up and you're buffing, then medding to full mana before engaging, I can engage him just on merit of him being up without being engaged timely; while an asshole move on my part, if I see you getting ready to go for the kill, it is allowed and make sense depending on the situation.

Thanks for being a dick

My experience with Lecompte has shown the contrary. These are simply server facts that he wanted to make a new player aware of to limit future frustration. You have to be actively killing the mob/ph to claim it (i.e., it is engaged almost immediately upon spawning) and a camp check is a courtesy, not a requirement.

Swish
08-28-2014, 11:48 AM
That's the increasing difference on P99 vs "classic" on live - players increasingly give no shits about who you are, who was there first in an area (you'd be made to share it anyway), and any other etiquette.

I'd go as far to say as when I turned up in 2010 people just weren't like this and the OP's experience would be a really rare thing.

All that seems to matter at the moment is getting the pixels to spam in EC with, because TunnelQuesters all know that mass inflation is coming with the snow and they don't want to be in the position of not being able to buy anything in the first week.

A P99 microcosm of a wider problem...if you will (LawyerQuest/PetitionQuest/raid scene troubles with Sev recently)

Let us hope the OP has more integrity than the neckbeards and doesn't turn into one of them next time he's camping something outdoors.

daasgoot
08-28-2014, 11:53 AM
You can claim a camp as long as you can keep the PH's clear.

So, if someone shows up and wants to kill goblins(and you are not capable of keeping the entire fort clear).. let them know which static spawn points you want to claim as a camp and let them have the rest.

If a named spawns on one of your static spawn and the other guy steals it from you, that is a KS and against the pnp.

Swish
08-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Grachnist can appear anywhere in there though right, and multiple times? The camp isn't so worthwhile if you're cut down to a few hut spawns.

Also I should say that my last post wasn't intended as a dig at the GMs. You can't police 1200 people and make them all "be nice" all of the time... but it is a shame that people don't CC and ask people what they're up to :p

Was on my SK in LOIO earlier, the usual shit... bard just comes by and sweeps the area clean. Told him to leave me a few, no response.

kruptcy
08-28-2014, 11:57 AM
That's the increasing difference on P99 vs "classic" on live - players increasingly give no shits about who you are

This is so sad too :( You would think that on a free game with such strong nostalgia and everyone reliving the heyday of classic EQ people could find it in their hearts to be nice to each other. Unfortunately this is reflected in the default greed before need attitude of 99% of the pick-up groups out there.

Swish
08-28-2014, 12:02 PM
I guess you can put it down to people being bored, waiting for Velious, camping items for their alts etc.

There's still good people out there it has to be said... just a shame to see this kind of thing :p

Rattle Squirrell
08-28-2014, 12:15 PM
My experience with Lecompte has shown the contrary. These are simply server facts that he wanted to make a new player aware of to limit future frustration. You have to be actively killing the mob/ph to claim it (i.e., it is engaged almost immediately upon spawning) and a camp check is a courtesy, not a requirement.

Then why not be a little more blunt in general?

Just tell the new player that the way the rules are set up here completely make the players null to being decent individuals. They hide behind their lawyerquest and throw the ability to be courteous out the door as long as it the rules can benefit them in some way.

If someone is sitting in front of a named, medding and waiting to engage......sure it might SAY somewhere that it's perfectly fine to just walk up and kill what he probably spent 10 minutes to get to and ran him out of mana on the way. But it's just a dick move man.

I guess if he was just informing the new shaman of just how shitty it can be on this server of 30 year olds that have nothing better to do but troll young players because after 4 years of kunark they literally have nothing better to do.....then so be it.

Daldaen
08-28-2014, 12:22 PM
You can claim a camp as long as you can keep the PH's clear.

So, if someone shows up and wants to kill goblins(and you are not capable of keeping the entire fort clear).. let them know which static spawn points you want to claim as a camp and let them have the rest.

If a named spawns on one of your static spawn and the other guy steals it from you, that is a KS and against the pnp.

This.

If you're there first you can claim however many you can kill.

But if you're killing only 5 of the 40 in the fort, that is why people just assume that it's uncamped and will clear the other 35.

lecompte
08-28-2014, 12:30 PM

Just tell the new player that the way the rules are set up here completely make the players null to being decent individuals. They hide behind their lawyerquest and throw the ability to be courteous out the door as long as it the rules can benefit them in some way.

If someone is sitting in front of a named, medding and waiting to engage......sure it might SAY somewhere that it's perfectly fine to just walk up and kill what he probably spent 10 minutes to get to and ran him out of mana on the way. But it's just a dick move man.

I guess if he was just informing the new shaman of just how shitty it can be on this server of 30 year olds that have nothing better to do but troll young players because after 4 years of kunark they literally have nothing better to do.....then so be it.

and if anyone wants to know what a toxic attitude is, this is it. The reason I don't do that is because it is editorializing. Decent people be decent people. Labeling someone an "asshole" is usually just a result of a misunderstanding. Context is pretty important in trying to figure out if someone was being willfully mean and the rules don't account for context much cause that isn't something Guides can be party to.

Nice players are rewarded for being kind with trust and respect. Assholes aren't welcome in groups and are spurned by players. These are the rewards here, as it was on live.

indiscriminate_hater
08-28-2014, 12:32 PM

that rule is in place to prevent players from stalling camps for an unnecessarily long time, and to prevent people from claiming multiple camps, among other things. if there weren't a time limit anybody could just run up to a camp, plant their ass on the ground, then say it's camped and to not touch anything for the 2 hours it takes their group to get there. just as easily you could get a few people hogging several camps that wouldn't be able to solo them by swapping people around.

before you complain about lawyerquesting rules maybe you should think about why the rules are there in the first place.

Duncon
08-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately I think this is just something that has to be put up with.

Had a similar situation recently in Split Paw. Went in to do a little leveling at the same time as a monk (again from a prominent guild) arrived with someone to PL, a client I assume. Made every effort to communicate and be reasonable, but still had him pulling mobs from the room we were camped in and eventually were trained by adds from one of his pulls as we were engaged.

I suppose we could have petitioned, but it is not how I want to spend my short sessions. You just have to suck it up and accept there are folks who will not respect (or perhaps tolerate) your presence due to your level relative to theirs.

Rattle Squirrell
08-28-2014, 12:38 PM
that rule is in place to prevent players from stalling camps for an unnecessarily long time, and to prevent people from claiming multiple camps, among other things. if there weren't a time limit anybody could just run up to a camp, plant their ass on the ground, then say it's camped and to not touch anything for the 2 hours it takes their group to get there. just as easily you could get a few people hogging several camps that wouldn't be able to solo them by swapping people around.

before you complain about lawyerquesting rules maybe you should think about why the rules are there in the first place.

I can completely understand why the rules are in place. Perhaps my arguement is situational.....but I think sending someone you clearly see a tell that is in a camp would not be a far stretch for most players to do just to clarify what they are there for.

If they remain to sit, and do nothing. Sure......but to take while their medding up?

Rattle Squirrell
08-28-2014, 12:40 PM
and if anyone wants to know what a toxic attitude is, this is it. The reason I don't do that is because it is editorializing. Decent people be decent people. Labeling someone an "asshole" is usually just a result of a misunderstanding. Context is pretty important in trying to figure out if someone was being willfully mean and the rules don't account for context much cause that isn't something Guides can be party to.

Nice players are rewarded for being kind with trust and respect. Assholes aren't welcome in groups and are spurned by players. These are the rewards here, as it was on live.

I do not generally come to these forums to call names, I apologize. Perhaps I did take what was being said out of context, I just despise the bullying I see on this game sometimes, and seeing someone clearly wronged (multiple times) is unacceptable when it takes 5 seconds to find out if something is camped, or to send a tell if you see a player there.

Whirled
08-28-2014, 01:08 PM
He usually spawns close to (& then runs through) the IBL camp. He can appear at the main camp also. I have no proof but what I have witnessed by my own actions. A friendly ranger ran by when I was camping the goblin town... sure enough the ranger said he was by IBL camp & that Grachnist was on tracking. Ranger was an awesome girl (or guy - but it was a female character) and dragged it over to me as I ran from gob town. When I was killing @ IBL camp I did also kill 3 Grachnist's but the earring is not commonly dropped.

I think we all have a story or several about someone unpleasant coming along to ruin the fun.

lecompte
08-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Ya, even harder is that you can't camp a mob without a static spawn.

iruinedyourday
08-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Send a petition.. if a GM see's it and its way too late for them to even be effectual in your situation, you at least sent the names.. the GM's keep track of all that stuff. And if these people think that what they're doing is on the level, they're gonna do it again and again, sooner or later the GM will notice that they're seeing the same names come up again and again and tend to side with the petitioners in the future.

Tell them that you petitioned them too, and if they say smack back to you just ignore them.

Sucks to hear you got robbed of a nice night :(

*edit -grammer.. also is effectual even a word? :P

mr_jon3s
08-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Yea you have to stick up for yourself on this server or people will just walk all over you.

applesauce25r624
08-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Send a petition.. if a GM see's it and its way too late for them to even be effectual in your situation, you at least sent the names.. the GM's keep track of all that stuff. And if these people think that what they're doing is on the level, they're gonna do it again and again, sooner or later the GM will notice that they're seeing the same names come up again and again and tend to side with the petitioners in the future.

definitely. narc these mother fuckers out!

PS... OP... name&shame, please

loramin
08-28-2014, 02:22 PM

I started camping the East side of the goblin fort in Warslik's Woods for Grachnist at 9:30 pm last night.

First off, I agree with everyone here: while it sounds like those people were technically playing by the rules (because technically you couldn't hold the whole camp and Grachnist could spawn anywhere) they were definitely being jerks.

But that being said, here's the real problem: what are you doing hunting Grachnist in the first place? As a Shaman you really don't need gear yet (other than the random drops you pick up while XPing). At 45 you'll want to get yourself a JBB, and then you will want to earn plat, but by then you'll be able to do hill giants, town guards, farm rare drops in places like Drooga and LGuk, etc.

The point is, you'll be able to earn plat even better when you're 45, and until then you don't really need plat, so why make yourself miserable fighting over some annoying goblin? Just go XP, have fun, and by the time you need plat you'll be able to get it without having to put up with this nonsense.

Just my 2cp.

loramin
08-28-2014, 02:25 PM
To those who are saying to petition (and this is an actual question, not a troll), what would he complain about exactly?

As I understand it, you can only hold 1 camp, ie. one placeholder/rare mob spawn. Grachnist can spawn at many points, so it's not one camp. You can't hold all the hill giants, or all the seafuries, or whatever to yourself either right?

And even if it is one camp, OP couldn't hold the whole camp, so the other people were entitled to at least part of it right?

What am I missing?

Glenzig
08-28-2014, 02:28 PM
First off, I agree with everyone here: while it sounds like those people were technically playing by the rules (because technically you couldn't hold the whole camp and Grachnist could spawn anywhere) they were definitely being jerks.

But that being said, here's the real problem: what are you doing hunting Grachnist in the first place? As a Shaman you really don't need gear yet (other than the random drops you pick up while XPing). At 45 you'll want to get yourself a JBB, and then you will want to earn plat, but by then you'll be able to do hill giants, town guards, farm rare drops in places like Drooga and LGuk, etc.

The point is, you'll be able to earn plat even better when you're 45, and until then you don't really need plat, so why make yourself miserable fighting over some annoying goblin? Just go XP, have fun, and by the time you need plat you'll be able to get it without having to put up with this nonsense.

Just my 2cp.

Follow up question based on your 2cp. Why would a level 60 from a well established raid guild need to act like a jerk over the spawn then? If it should be considered a waste of time for a 35 shaman to try to make money off the spawn, then it shouldn't even be considered at all by a level 60 who raids regularly. Right?

Stormlight
08-28-2014, 02:37 PM
But that being said, here's the real problem: what are you doing hunting Grachnist in the first place? As a Shaman you really don't need gear yet (other than the random drops you pick up while XPing).

Wow. Here it is, people. The real problem. It's someone trying to advance their character at an appropriate-level camp.

What a ridiculous statement.

loramin
08-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Follow up question based on your 2cp. Why would a level 60 from a well established raid guild need to act like a jerk over the spawn then? If it should be considered a waste of time for a 35 shaman to try to make money off the spawn, then it shouldn't even be considered at all by a level 60 who raids regularly. Right?

Well, the level 60's can clear the whole camp, so it's a better camp for them. Also, some classes can't solo dungeons like Shaman can, so they're stuck with crappier outdoor spawns.

But generally speaking there probably are better ways those people could be earning plat, and certainly there are better ways than bothering some poor level 35.

iruinedyourday
08-28-2014, 02:45 PM

haha cus that level 60 sux.. if youre level 60 and your fighting over 2k-4k scraps.. you're casual scum.

loramin
08-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Wow. Here it is, people. The real problem. It's someone trying to advance their character at an appropriate-level camp.

What a ridiculous statement.

I didn't mean it like "those people are assholes but this guy's the real problem". I just meant that the "real problem", in a sense, was the fixation lower levels tend to have on getting plat (I had it too, not judging). The truth is, for many classes (certainly shaman) it's almost always better for lower levels to work on XP rather than suffering the misery of plat camps like this. I'm NOT saying the OP shouldn't have been there, I'm just saying they could have avoided the whole situation entirely, leveled up at any of the millions of places a Shaman can go, and then in a few levels gotten plat easier elsewhere. That's all.

iruinedyourday
08-28-2014, 02:48 PM
I didn't mean it like "those people are assholes but this guy's the real problem". I just meant that the "real problem", in a sense, was the fixation lower levels tend to have on getting plat (I had it too, not judging). The truth is, for many classes (certainly shaman) it's almost always better for lower levels to work on XP rather than suffering the misery of plat camps like this. I'm NOT saying the OP shouldn't have been there, I'm just saying they could have avoided the whole situation entirely, leveled up at any of the millions of places a Shaman can go, and then in a few levels gotten plat easier elsewhere. That's all.

maybe he likes to adventure.

some people play this game for adventure guys. come on let them have an adventure.

were all just playin D&D here in our latent nerdy boddies while our SO's sleep in the other room and we can turn off the lights and become INDIANA JONES!

pnp, respek, love & happiness .

loramin
08-28-2014, 02:54 PM
maybe he likes to adventure.

some people play this game for adventure guys. come on let them have an adventure.

Totally. As I said, OP had every right to be there, and the people who came along were assholes. We're on the same page there.

But that's talking about right and wrong. What I'm saying is, in a practical sense, if OP's goal is to get more powerful and not just to explore (although honestly you can explore better at higher levels also) then he's going to get more bang for his buck at an XP camp.

lecompte
08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Topic is kinda drifting from OP but I don't sit around on my 60s farming plat unless I also need exp. I level new toons WITH AN EYE TOWARDS EARNING MONEY -- that is how I fund my toons. I play my characters to meet people who are skilled, or have the potential to be skilled (I love teaching people how to play well) and of a like mind as myself. Yes I have a fungi, yes I tip well for ports, yes I expect my fair share of goblin ears/CB belts/FS weapons/whatever. Raiding does not make PP for an individual, it actually costs quite a bit.

Not only that.. But I could use 3 or 4 of those goblin earrings.

If I find the goblin on track, and I run up and don't see someone working to engage him, I'm not going to shout asking if anyone is looking for him -- the answer is always yes even if someone is half the zone away. I'm going to kill him. One perspective will be "Well this one guy was killing all the PHs trying to get him" mine is, I walked up, there was no one around, no one sent me a tell about it on engage, my merb.

All about perspective.

I farmed pegi cloaks for myself and, when someone knew I was farming him, they would sometimes tell me where it was. Beleive it or not, it is usually the low levels who snipe it and that is fine -- kinda an asshole move, but meh. These level 60 bards who are farming them for cash, they would bring it TO ME so I could kill it. That is how we build respect. I go far out of my way to help those kind of people and the level 30 who kills it and gets a cloak, that's rough for me but no hard feelings.

Kelven
08-28-2014, 04:07 PM
This server can be summed up as
"put in more work to be better than me, or get out of my way"

The word work can be loosely translated to , play moar video games

lecompte
08-28-2014, 04:12 PM
This server can be summed up as
"put in more work to be better than me, or get out of my way"

The word work can be loosely translated to , play moar video games

Welcome to DnD. :)

Rattle Squirrell
08-28-2014, 04:13 PM
When the server is saturated in level 60's.......

or level 20's in level 60 gear lol.

You're gunna have a bad time.

Champion_Standing
08-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Petition him for a KS and see what happens, that's about all you can do.

Every mob here is FTE when it comes down it to. If you aren't sitting on top of the spawn and don't engage it immediately someone else can get away with taking it.

I've heard that it needs to be engaged within a "reasonable amount of time" but I've also seen incidents where mobs were stolen because the person who was in the camp didn't react within 10 seconds of the spawn and it being declared by staff that it wasn't a KS.

Wycked Goodbrew
08-28-2014, 04:54 PM
definitely. narc these mother fuckers out!

PS... OP... name&shame, please

Not happening, for the same reason I decided not to petition it. It's just a game in the end, someday the server will shut down and all these pretty pixels will be lost to the black space in the internet microcosm.

Thank you all for your opinions and explanation of the server rules. I wasn't sure if CC's were binding, or what constituted "camping" a mob. This helps clear up what I need to do in order to legally "camp" a spawn or area.

See you in Norrath :p

- Wycked

Wycked Goodbrew
08-28-2014, 04:56 PM

Just my 2cp.

Thanks for the advice, I may do this. I was just bored of killing Sarnaks for xp in LOIO, and decided to take a break and try for a cash drop that could earn 1-2k.

Your logic is sound, and I will most likely adhere to that course of action when I log back in this evening. :)

Cheers!

Hogfather
08-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Since we're in greed-lawyerquest land... !

Can someone shed some light for me on the seemingly retarded situation with regards to dhamp and CY in MM?

Late last night we were killing half the castle, pulling to CY including dhamp for a few hours having a great time ... and then a level 60 bard rolled in and declared that we're not 'allowed' to do both these things and he is within his rights to stroll in and take dhamp.

If we objected, he could petition and force us to choose between dhamp and the other spawns ... apparently. Even though we've been there for hours happily doing our thing, the six of us must choose between exp and dhamp?

That seems pants on head retarded, especially coming from a fucking Bard that probably just came from swarm kiting an entire zone!

If that's true then its fucking retarded that an appropriately levelled exp group can't claim a decent cash spawn as well as exp. The effect seems to be that high levels can roll youngsters at will, because we will need exp more than the drop ... so all names with decent drops can be taken from an exp group at any time by a high level, and it will be enforced by Guides?

fastboy21
08-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Since we're in greed-lawyerquest land... !

Can someone shed some light for me on the seemingly retarded situation with regards to dhamp and CY in MM?

Late last night we were killing half the castle, pulling to CY including dhamp for a few hours having a great time ... and then a level 60 bard rolled in and declared that we're not 'allowed' to do both these things and he is within his rights to stroll in and take dhamp.

If we objected, he could petition and force us to choose between dhamp and the other spawns ... apparently. Even though we've been there for hours happily doing our thing, the six of us must choose between exp and dhamp?

That seems pants on head retarded, especially coming from a fucking Bard that probably just came from swarm kiting an entire zone!

If that's true then its fucking retarded that an appropriately levelled exp group can't claim a decent cash spawn as well as exp. The effect seems to be that high levels can roll youngsters at will, because we will need exp more than the drop ... so all names with decent drops can be taken from an exp group at any time by a high level, and it will be enforced by Guides?

He isn't wrong...but all you had to do is claim dhamp. Then, you could kill dhamp and then focus on exp from that cy and castle between phs. It is win win for you...the bard could be a dick and claim some spot in castle that takes some of your exp mobs, but he'd more likely leave or log and check back later.

This can be tricky since a lvl60 can easily camp dhamp at spawn or by sitting on the wall while a grp of lvl appropriate folks might have a hard time holding that camp without risk. I've had a ton of dhamps stolen from me while pulling to CE when group wasn't strong enough to move inside. It helps to keep a timer so that you can be back at dhamp to pull him the instant that he spawns. It also makes it harder for someone to "accidentally" kill him. At that camp you can expect a cc check every 5 minutes as well, just make sure you keep calling it.

applesauce25r624
08-29-2014, 12:37 AM

oh, so now all bards are "probably" swarmers?

such stereotyping :[

indiscriminate_hater
08-29-2014, 01:02 AM
if this wasn't my son's wedding day, i'd knock you teeth out you anti-bardite bastard

scythic
08-29-2014, 01:24 AM
If you just claim dhamp he's not going to clear your exp trash mobs. When I was in MM two days ago though there was a Druid tracking to every named and killing them as they spawned, from the caitiff to the princess and maid and butler, regardless of who had which camp claimed.
Better to get exp and worry about loot later rather than deal with these high level characters that camp 200 platinum Nightshade Wreaths. Just weak players in my opinion with no imagination on how to spend their time in game.

Doors
08-29-2014, 01:48 AM
Great thread laughed hard. Good times.

picklefixer
08-29-2014, 07:48 AM
I just got done with Grach myself a few days ago...spent 4 days there to get an earring....i think i saw 1 CC called the entire time, even though a lot of people showed up wanting the Grach camp.

And unlike most of the douchebags i take off /anon once i reach my camp as a courtesy to other players, so they dont waste their time running out there...and im a 59 drood.

I had just come from several days spent in Droga as well camping soothy, where i think i did see 1 or 2 CC's there....even though shitloads of people showed up at my camp.

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig

Swish
08-29-2014, 07:54 AM
And unlike most of the douchebags i take off /anon once i reach my camp as a courtesy to other players, so they dont waste their time running out there...

I've always done this in the past with camps like Hadden, people would rather see someone is there actively camping him rather than run over to Qeynos Hills and then start up the camp lawyer shit.

Do it for them, do it for you ;)

Nitsude
08-29-2014, 08:28 AM
haha cus that level 60 sux.. if youre level 60 and your fighting over 2k-4k scraps.. you're casual scum.Time is much better spent rolling and winning fake Torpor, imo.

Whirled
08-29-2014, 09:10 AM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10534573_10204442084913545_6070602923053377601_n.j pg

Grain of salt*
& Imagine if these were real problems.

Waedawen
08-30-2014, 01:09 PM
For all intents and purposes, my young shaman friend, you got leap frogged by a bunch of fucking cunts

Anyone else who spins it any other way has a stick up their ass. I've been playing here for years, saw camp rules etc. evolve, anyone with half a brain would say 'At the end of the day, those players robbed that shaman.' That being said, stupidity is PROBABLY the cause here, and since you were so level I bet those people really didn't see you had it camped. That monk, though? He's a fag.

How do you resolve it? You don't, because they're stronger than you. Set yourself up for the next kill, like right on top of the named pop on focus only on that. Hold down your 3-4 spawns and nothing else. And then the next time you see them hunting somewhere dangerous, train them and kill them. Classic style.

iruinedyourday
08-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Time is much better spent rolling and winning fake Torpor, imo.

Haha until you win ;)

SenoraRaton
08-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I suppose common decency isn't part of the PnP policy.. although its kind of implied in the name.

Essentially there are two ways to view it, either the weaker player isn't able to absolutely demolish the camp, and has to med, even for a few seconds between spawns, and you can move in and take the camp because "They can't hold it", or even wandering mobs you can just pull 90% of the PHs and they can't compete because you vastly outlevel/gear them. This benefits the established.

OR

You can allow the newbies reign, and promote new players and give them access to camps that are LEVEL APPROPRIATE. And set a policy that makes it feasible for them to hold said camps even against higher level competition.

The PnP should have a process for contesting a camp, and a process for establishing a camp. Sure its more lawyer quest, but its still better than the BS we deal with, its efficient lawyer quest.

SCB
08-30-2014, 06:47 PM

http://www.miataturbo.net/attachments/general-miata-chat-9/119589d1406923597-na-nb-miata-hood-louvers-gauging-interest-9vzyqwj-jpg

Edit: But yes, you are an asshole. That much was correct.

Aveenia
08-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Don't be a dick.

If you really want to grief people go play on red. Tagging a mob when someone obviously had them camped, especially a level appropriate player, is both grieving & being a dick.

Swish
08-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Don't be a dick.

If you really want to grief people go play on red. Tagging a mob when someone obviously had them camped, especially a level appropriate player, is both grieving & being a dick.

No don't, you wouldn't survive when the tables are turned with no GMs to go running to...and would remain in P99 purgatory forever.

People lose their ACs on red, that's not advertising it... that's just saying, it happens :p

Aveenia
08-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Shush Swish. I want all the jerks to go to red & get pwnd. They deserve it.

Cogwell
08-31-2014, 08:57 AM
Long ago, in a galaxy far far away...
...if I recognized someone's guild tag as reputable or at least medium sized guild, I would politely ask another member to direct me to an officer, and then explain (without hysterics) to that person what their guild member was doing. As long as you we're just whining about something small, you could often (not always) get some sort of real response.

Is this something that works at all on this server?