PDA

View Full Version : House of Thule?

heartbrand
08-28-2014, 11:08 AM
When will we be seeing this expansion on p99? Thanks!

Swish
08-28-2014, 11:15 AM
wasn't a bad expansion i hear

fadetree
08-28-2014, 11:34 AM
lol

Daldaen
08-28-2014, 12:34 PM
HoT was sort of meh.

HoTUpper raid was fun because it was a decent challenge to do with a single group when it was in era (though, a horribly awful raid for a full force). Challenging group content for raiders didn't exist that expansion except for this raid.

Erudin Burning was another great raid. It forced you to deal with multiple tanks and lots of adds. Control fights are fun.

Grounds was lolzy. You could skip 80% of the event by just range DPSing him down. Though it was a good parse mob for casters and rangers.

Fear Itself raid was interesting. EmoteQuest i like to an extent since it let you know who was the weakest link. Though making the fire wall around the temple death touch, coupled with an unresistable fear that paths you into said death touch wall was dumb, although hilarious to watch it happen to other people. Also it was good to hear about scumbag guilds tanking CT in said wall allowing him to take that DT damage every pulse. Unsure how true it was but definitely wouldn't put it past some.

Morell's Castle was good, split the raid, special clicks to cure, monster illusion gargoyles to hold aggro. I was a fan

Miragul's raid... Ugh. It would've been fine if the stupid research combines gave you some hint as to how you beat it. Blindly guessing for nights on end was lame. The final fight was good though, balance raids and range fight, nomnomnom.

Alkabor's raid was dumb. I liked the idea but it felt half broken like you could invis through most of it. Then his lecturing, ugh. 6 minutes listening to him ramble on and on with nothing to do. So dumb. Decent parse mob, but he randomly would gflux people iirc.

Sanctum raids were alright.
1 was sort of dumb, was just a big clusterfuck. The cure to prevent adds was a cool mechanic, just like Queen Malarian. The non summoning boss you could snare (or was that only snareable with broken wiz snare, I forget...).
2nd event was good, most people pet tanked that one but we used real tanks so as a healer it was a good test of skill. Dem heal parses.
3rd was just a burn fight, should've just spawned a fucking chest it was so easy. I did like the drown mechanic though.
4th was another burn fight, superb for Druids since it was summoned. The drag/push kinda sucked but meh.
5th was entertaining learning how to do the pads. Doing those without Vent was very fun. The final boss really should've given warning to the model changes though, basically made casters useless for that fight. I recall just spamming DSes on the tank
6th was great, forced people to solo doppelgängers, it gave purpose to fear/stun/charm and god damnit the tank mechanic was glorious. Everyone except casters takes 50k rounds, but casters easily tank it with like 7k hits. Wizards and necros loved that fight cause they didn't have to aggro dump and just got to tank the final boss.
7th was a lagfest. Pretty stupid, especially since many guilds exploited buff stacking and prevented Morell's DS from firing, trivializing one of the DS plow mechanics. Should've fixed that early. The first few versions that encouraged DA kiting were also very very dumb.

myriverse
08-28-2014, 01:22 PM
3-4 years per expansion.
HoT was the 17th expansion.

So... in 50-60 years.

But really never.

Swish
08-28-2014, 05:20 PM
House of Thule trailer (as hosted by Jesus himself): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clepH4gmhwk

how many recycled mobs can you spot?

Champion_Standing
08-28-2014, 05:58 PM
I hear it's coming out before Velious

Laugher
08-28-2014, 06:55 PM
/afk in the Grounds brb 2 weeks

Swish
08-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Laugher I miss your old avatar </3

Danyelle
08-29-2014, 12:34 AM
Rain of Fear is superior. Dem recycled Velious zones.

Confirmed: Live went to Velious twice before P99 went once!