PDA

View Full Version : testament of vanear

lithnar
08-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Well i compleated the testament of vanear quest last night and let me tell you... this quest was one of the most dredfull yet awesome ever. i sat on this spawn loc for 2 days in shifts of 6 to 7 8 hours. the time he spawned i was there for 4 hours. to start off this is a good time to keep all buffs on and pratice ur magic skills iam a druid so this was perfect. i did not bind at the location so it was a pure camp{watch the pathin red smuggler} this will help you out alot. now i was level 36 i have ensnaring roots and combust the two damage spells i picked with lev sow and skin and regen on. i finaly got a pop of the dyllin starsine and i harmony the guard root dyllin and just start smoking him with journey mans walking stick and combust. he started to walk away and thankfully i harmonyed the guard and he dies on the third cast. i loot and /con the red and i am not kos. niether in town btw. so i wasent seen by the other smugglers while i was in the courner killing him so i wasent attacked. i walked out and combined to my testament. tips for people trying to do this quest. make sure you can deal fast malee or up to 600 hp damge in abuot 3 casts for a quick kill make sure to root him becaue of the super agro range from other smugglers. also keep lev on and sow so if you have to a quick escape off the cliff is possible. now that i have compleated this quest i feel the need to do some more difficult ones. good luck to anyone trying.
------------AshFire Timberwolf

Aveenia
08-30-2014, 04:58 PM
I only had to camp 3 hours, and very glad for it.

iruinedyourday
08-30-2014, 05:06 PM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/102/430/430102.gif

Immersion Quest

Aveenia
08-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I may skip doing paw this time around, actually. I don't fancy dancing with the fungus for 16 hours.

Hobie819
08-30-2014, 09:26 PM
it may be dreadful, but it's one of the more powerful items for its level so it stands to make sense that it is difficult to obtain.

I know many 50's that still use it and the paw.

Tasslehofp99
08-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Ah, I remember the days of camping dyllin, gynok moltor, and the fungus mutant.

The testament + paw is like a rite of passage for druids, lol.

Daldaen
08-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Ah, I remember the days of camping dyllin, gynok moltor, and the fungus mutant.

The testament + paw is like a rite of passage for druids, lol.

It is known. I don't remember doing the mutant much, definitely remember Gynok and Dyllin on this server.

applesauce25r624
08-30-2014, 10:41 PM
holy crap. you ever use paragraphs?

Grats !

Itching
08-31-2014, 12:05 AM
it may be dreadful, but it's one of the more powerful items for its level so it stands to make sense that it is difficult to obtain.

I know many 50's that still use it and the paw.

Yep I am about to ding 56 and I still use my trusty paw! Great stat item!

Clark
08-31-2014, 04:45 AM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/102/430/430102.gif

Immersion Quest

:D

Merekai
08-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Glad to see you finally got it Ash, good for you! Way to persevere!

-Chevey

Glenzig
08-31-2014, 11:09 AM
Dang I did this on my Druid and Cleric at 16 solo. I kinda feel a little awesome now. I thought that most people did it at appropriate level.

foldupmonk
09-01-2014, 01:42 PM
I guess I lucked out and ran by and got him the first time.

bayoupimp
09-03-2014, 05:18 PM
holy crap. you ever use paragraphs?
At least she used periods. Hate the new trend or whatever of not using any punctuation.
Dang I did this on my Druid and Cleric at 16 solo. I kinda feel a little awesome now. I thought that most people did it at appropriate level.
I soloed at 17 with druid. Camped the guy 5 hours and got no adds. Rooted/DoTed/DDed and stayed right next to him just out of melee range.

My tip (and others' I'm sure): while camping, pay attention to the smugglers and time your attack for when you have the longest window with them away.

Juevento
09-03-2014, 05:44 PM
On red I just wandered into HHP on my lvl 24ish Druid and he was up. Forgot to harmony the smugglers and they smoked me right as the guy died. I was able to port back to WC and run across Kith and get his corpse with like 20 seconds left til rot.

twizztid
09-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Where does he spawn speicificly. I couldn't find the spot wiki had very well, unless I ran by it and didn't seee it

armadilluz
09-03-2014, 07:45 PM
First time i camped that dude on my druid i died to the roamers right after he died ( before i could loot).

Made it back just in time to find some dude looting him. Oh how how the tears did flow.

Auvdar
09-03-2014, 08:43 PM
It is known. I don't remember doing the mutant much, definitely remember Gynok and Dyllin on this server.

It had to be within the first week of the server, but I remember Gynok just tearing up the pile of newbies "trying" to kill him to be one of the first to get a Paw.

At least that's how I remember it... I was drunk most of my time playing here. :\ But like most of my druids gear on this server, it came to me as a fluke. Gynok took 3-4 hours max, the fungus I got in a group. Hell I remember getting a PKT just running to Kedge for a mini raid on Phini. It had just gotten fixed, randomly hit track and the goblin was up. Killed, got totem, happy days.

My time in live on my druid was much,.. much more rough. Days camping mutant. Days camping Gynok. I think I just gave up on the dude in Couldron for the PKT.