PDA

View Full Version : New to Red Looking to join a guild

Taralia
08-31-2014, 02:01 AM
So from the forums ive read lowbies is filled with the following

#1 Twinks
#2 Griefers
#3 All around douchebags

and because of this im pretty scared to even log in i got nothing to my name but i dont want to spend hours and hours and hours getting what took me 3 hours by myself day 1 on Blue with no help....so in short

if anyone would like to play with me and help me out let me know i just dont really wanna play red solo and get griefed and quit and say fuck red just like well the admins say the high levels are doing....
So if anyone is seriously interested
PLEASE PM ME ill treat most comments to this well as trolls because thats literally 99% of the garbage i read on Blue/Red forums...and i dislike drama

abbud
08-31-2014, 03:29 AM
Hi Taralia, first time I logged on to Red I felt the same thing.

You will not lose any exp or items if you die to pvp. As long as you bind yourself near, the CR will take a minimum amount of time.

There is a play nice policy where you can call LnS in shout / ooc, and they are not allowed to attack you while you get your corpse and go somewhere else/play another char.

Another thing to just keep in mind is to bank your pp as you get it.

If you can commit to the above there really is no harm in getting killed, and if people grief you after you call LNS, you can report it and they will be suspended.

Getting groups at lower levels is actually not that hard, but don't go to Unrest.

Now go start that wizard / druid, it will be way easier to find friends ingame!

Have fun

georgie
08-31-2014, 04:38 AM
try asking about the red guild they seem to be the lowbie guild

Mac Drettj
08-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Pvp

Concave
08-31-2014, 05:04 PM
<Red>'s recruiting. Have a handful of folks at most level ranges 1-55 at this point. Shoot me a tell in-game (on Quasi/Concave/Convex -- usually Quasi), Kreeperr, or Tissie for an invite if you're interested. Or PM me and we can figure out a time to coordinate being logged in; not sure I'll be on much more today or tomorrow.

We don't generally do formal PL'ing of new folks (although if I'm not busy I may swing by and share some dru buffs), but so long as you have some folks to hang out with, it's not that bad to level up. Even the lamest of the newbie gankers seem to sleep and go to work occasionally, and the solo and group exp bonuses on Red99 are pretty glorious. I'm also happy to help new people re-locate to get closer to the rest of the leveling population (or to move you and a group to an out-of-the-way dungeon away from the primary hunting grounds of the twinked-out griefsquads), so feel free to ask for a port.

cabinfever
09-01-2014, 12:30 AM
<Islamic State In Norrath>

Concave
09-01-2014, 04:04 AM
<Islamic State> is fine if you want that, but be aware that they are one of the primary ganking guilds right now. Their primary purpose EQ-wise is to cause low-level PvP.

If you'd rather just level, I propose <Red>. <Fish Bait> also wants to fill this role.

Rhuobhe
09-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Stay away from faydwer