PDA

View Full Version : Orc Scalps, Left Goblin Ears....?

Korben
09-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Anyone able to give me a bit of info on these, I've done Orc Scalps and they seem to be good exp until the mid/late teens. Next step looks like Left Goblin Ears? When is a good level to start, do they give good enough exp to be worth the 30-50 people ask for each one? How far will they carry a char?

Edit: Also, what about Crushbone Pads/Belts? Is this a good fill-in between Scalps and Ears? Last time I did CB items was back on Live.

HydroPonics
09-06-2014, 03:46 PM
If you're in your late teens, Crushbone pads and belts arent going to give much experience, if any at all... but you can do them for faction if you wanted i suppose.

Left Goblin Ears are basically perma-camped either by groups or some snobby anonymous lvl 60 who will just ignore anyones tells. For the goblin ears youd best be in a group. Soloing them may be hard unless you can root or pacify as there are 2-4 in one room.

Im not sure how far you can go with the goblin ears or orc scalps. I could never find out because the goblins and orcs in highpass are always camped.

Korben
09-06-2014, 03:47 PM
If you're in your late teens, Crushbone pads and belts arent going to give much experience, if any at all... but you can do them for faction if you wanted i suppose.

Left Goblin Ears are basically perma-camped either by groups or some snobby anonymous lvl 60 who will just ignore anyones tells. For the goblin ears youd best be in a group. Soloing them may be hard unless you can root or pacify as there are 2-4 in one room.

Im not sure how far you can go with the goblin ears or orc scalps. I could never find out because the goblins and orcs in highpass are always camped.

Thanks for the quick reply. Mostly I'm concerned with the best range to turn in the ears(level wise), not really level required to kill them since I will either just camp them on one of my mains or buy them in EC.

I do know Scalps were crazy good from 5-14, probably could have gone up to 18 or so for under 400pp/level, even after 14.

Sort of hoping ears are as good, since their price is much steeper.

Thulack
09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
ears can take you to 25 but the price increase is because they give exp for longer levels then scalps. basically after scalps become 1-2% at around 20ish then can switch to ears. pretty sure wont max out xp on a ear turnin even at 17 or 18 so could start there is you dont want to waste scalps for 1-2%.

Korben
09-06-2014, 04:05 PM
ears can take you to 25 but the price increase is because they give exp for longer levels then scalps. basically after scalps become 1-2% at around 20ish then can switch to ears. pretty sure wont max out xp on a ear turnin even at 17 or 18 so could start there is you dont want to waste scalps for 1-2%.

If I read this right, at 17/18, an ear will only give 11%(since 11% is the cap you can get from anything) and it's being a bit wasted(since it would otherwise be giving 12+%), and you should be doing scalps still instead until 19/20?

Swish
09-06-2014, 04:17 PM
If I read this right, at 17/18, an ear will only give 11%(since 11% is the cap you can get from anything)...

Bard mail quest gives more than 11% per letter at level 1 (about a full yellow), not sure if that's totally legit ^

It did get nerfed though, used to get a full level on handing 1 letter in.

Thulack
09-06-2014, 04:17 PM
If I read this right, at 17/18, an ear will only give 11%(since 11% is the cap you can get from anything) and it's being a bit wasted(since it would otherwise be giving 12+%), and you should be doing scalps still instead until 19/20?

I'm not sure at what level ears give exactly 11% but i would guess its around 17 maybe little early. If you prefer that option over getting 2-3% per scalp then could go there. From my experience scalps were more abundant so were able to get alot more for 10pp each where the ears i paid 25 max but was still able to get alot it just took time. All depends on the person.

Tasslehofp99
09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I leveled my enchanter off of ears from like 20-29.

Korben
09-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks all for the replies

murcielago200
09-06-2014, 08:34 PM
I leveled my enchanter off of ears from like 20-29.

About how many ears did that take?