PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: mage bolts seem like they're "poofing" again

Mac Drettj
09-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Has something changed with the Magician bolt mechanics?

I keep experiencing the loss of bolts, or bolts never impacting the target.

Snackies
09-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Not sure if it's a red/blue specific but they did make some changes I've observed as far as bolts go on blue:

1) You can cast other spells while your bolt is inc to your target now so it doesn't poof.

2) There appears to be a LOS check between you and your target when your bolt "lands". If I cast a bolt at a mob and see it take off towards them then run behind a corner it will not actually hit/dmg the mob.

Maybe #2 is the issue you're seeing? It happens with small hills outdoors too sometimes :/

Mac Drettj
09-15-2014, 03:36 PM
#2 sounds like the problem

but bolts should not fail to land due to second LOS... at least I didn't think they were supposed to, that seems like it defeats purpose of a bolt?

or maybe the bolt's getting hung up on an obstacle and dying there? dunno

nilbog
09-15-2014, 03:39 PM
#2 sounds like the problem

but bolts should not fail to land due to second LOS... at least I didn't think they were supposed to, that seems like it defeats purpose of a bolt?

Oh yeah they should. Trees, small hills, other npcs (not implemented yet?), should block the bolt from reaching target.

Mac Drettj
09-15-2014, 03:44 PM
ah ok, u got in as I edited

thanks

Pudge
09-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Bolts should be blocked like arrows. On this server I don't think the "body block" for either is implemented. Would be fun to have that go in.