PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Discord Democratic Revolution, Class C?

holsteinrx7
09-09-2014, 07:49 PM
red scare!!

so today i see all these BDA's that are red for funsies this week.

i always fantasized about a eq server that everyone decided to "turn it red" by turning in the books until if you didnt you wouldnt be able to get buffs and groups.

even tho thats a near impossiblity, do you guys think that class C should be red so they have to fight for spawns? :eek: would be epic. would be cooler than COTH FTE luls.

Kekephee
09-09-2014, 07:52 PM
It would be a lot more competitive wouldn't it

holsteinrx7
09-09-2014, 11:09 PM
yes. the class c guilds going red would make them a lot more competitive than COTH FTE nerd pillowfight.

Kergan
09-09-2014, 11:21 PM
i always fantasized about a eq server that everyone decided to "turn it red"

That exists already. It's called R99.

Oleris
09-09-2014, 11:28 PM
It's all fun and games as multiple red guilds fight over a spawn and a non PVP guild walks in and takes the kill :)

FatMice
09-09-2014, 11:30 PM
It's all fun and games as multiple red guilds fight over a spawn and a non PVP guild walks in and takes the kill :)

Lol'd.

holsteinrx7
09-10-2014, 03:27 AM
the gms do enforce the raid rules well.

non pvp guilds would, in this case, be on rotation. only class C guilds would "compete" for class C spawns.

i just dont get how poopsocking right next to eachother for hours on end and COTH into FTE call is considered "competitive", or anything more than boring and nerdy. its more like who is most alert at that given moment gets lucky. at least theyll have something fun to do while they are poopsocking.

why shouldnt class C guilds compete in combat for high raid targets?

they can always turn in a book of discord and revert back to nonpvp as needed.

i have thought for many years that the tome of discord has a special place in EQ and is probably the least utilized tool in the entire game.

the class C guilds do seem more Red oriented, and i do think this would make the server more interesting, with more structured and tiered raiding, and give guilds something to look forward to and work for.

i for one would LOVE to see this on p99. especially with the whole red's dead and blue's boring stigmas.

Rooj
09-10-2014, 04:12 AM
I never understood why redders didn't just do this to begin with instead of starting over from scratch on a small population server. Like why did no one ever make actual PVP required guilds on blue? Not even one? (obviously you'd need at least 2!)

Maybe if someone made a detailed post about how all of it works (including how to go red and go back to blue, etc etc) people who don't normally PVP could get interested.

Glasken
09-10-2014, 04:46 AM
Hitting a raid target? Cant be damaged or agroed unless by PVP tagged player. Bam, spice up the largely stagnant raid scene on blue.

Herp
09-10-2014, 05:13 AM
I guess if I was in a guild that hasn't reached the final zone of an expansion after 4 years, I'd probably flag myself for pvp too.

Swish
09-10-2014, 06:17 AM
That exists already. It's called R99.

Pretty much /thread, right there.

As fun as it would be to see on blue you can't make it happen - and if you're already winning in Class C, why would you care for this?

Swish
09-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Also quite hypocritical from the OP, who posts up in any red threads full of hate for it...

http://i.imgur.com/WM3sU9p.gif

Nirgon
09-10-2014, 11:34 AM
PvP code has a ways to go but the right guy on it

Glenzig
09-10-2014, 11:39 AM
They don't want that type of competition. There would be no weeks long forum court after each spawn. Blue lawyers have to get paid. Turn class C guilds red and they would lose that retainer.

Daldaen
09-10-2014, 11:48 AM
PvP in EQ is mostly based on luck. Who has worse luck on resists/misses and who doesn't.

Also in this case it would just be a numbers game, and very dumb.

Turning in time has it's novelty for about a day, until you realize how horrible PvP is in EQ.

iruinedyourday
09-10-2014, 01:04 PM
PvP in EQ is mostly based on luck. Who has worse luck on resists/misses and who doesn't.

Also in this case it would just be a numbers game, and very dumb.

Turning in time has it's novelty for about a day, until you realize how horrible PvP is in EQ.

Nah not in 40 v 40 fights, which the thread is about.

Daldaen
09-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Then it will come down to who has more of the OP classes and less of the useless ones.

PvP in EQ is still horrible and based on RNG. You want competition that is based on strategy and skill, not a series of dice rolls, you've come to the wrong game. Might I suggest Starcraft instead?

holsteinrx7
09-10-2014, 01:53 PM
I believe that class c has by definition entered vp and seen the end of the game. That's why them going red makes sense, and would be fun.

Class r guilds would remain blue, as they're not at the games limits.

It makes sense and I'm glad a few people agree.

Let's keep this going and maybe there will be some more endgame on blue 99.

Daldaen
09-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Or they could continue testing beta and get real classic endgame that the game was designed for.

Colgate
09-10-2014, 02:00 PM
pvp code on blue is horrendous

rubicaant
09-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I guess if I was in a guild that hasn't reached the final zone of an expansion after 4 years, I'd probably flag myself for pvp too.

Apply ointment directly to BURN!!!

holsteinrx7
09-10-2014, 02:03 PM
This isn't about what top class c guild wants, that red exists, or the fact that I trash talk red server in hopes of a wipe.

This is about implementing a class competitive and free for all that's more than poopsocking into coth and fte's, which is totally bullshit.

Compare that to utilizing the tomes of discord for class c and I thnk there's no comparison.

If you disagree with this and still admit the raiding scene is like highschool, then I challenge you to come up with a better solution. I believe this is exactly what the high end scene requires, especially after four years of kunark.

If you want the current raid system after four years, I feel bad for you.

Kergan
09-10-2014, 02:25 PM
pvp code on blue is horrendous

Naw, resistable dispels and unresistable stuns + 10 second tstaff procs is totally legit.

skipdog
09-10-2014, 03:48 PM

rofl wow