PDA

View Full Version : Good Read about SoVelious

Kaleadar
09-13-2014, 10:22 PM
So iv been trolling google trying to find some Scares of Velious hype articles. Im trying to get myself pumped like I was back in the day for the release. I came across this one and it did the trick.

http://www.giantbomb.com/everquest-the-scars-of-velious/3030-13183/

What I have not been able to come across just yet was the of the original official release stuff. Please share your favorite articles.

t0lkien
09-14-2014, 02:23 AM
Don't get too pumped. It's been coming so long, it may actually never arrive (that's not a complaint by any means, just a reality check).

P.S. But good God I loved Velious. It is still the peak of my gaming experience, almost two decades on.

Tecmos Deception
09-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Oh please. It's pretty clear Velious isn't vaporware.

Swish
09-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Oh please. It's pretty clear Velious isn't vaporware.

If t0lkien tuned in to Sirken's Monday night stream on Twitch (also available on YouTube) he'd see where Velious progress was right now - Verrriousss the bear will show you the light.

Sit back with your big "hint hint" sig tho and hope for the best.

Kaleadar
09-14-2014, 08:29 PM
yes swish is correct. Velious is aprox 90% done from the sneak peak we got on the twitch cast. So way I see it is if we are 3 - 4 months away (fingers crossed), its a good time to get to reading :)

Tankdan
09-15-2014, 07:20 AM
yes swish is correct. Velious is aprox 90% done from the sneak peak we got on the twitch cast. So way I see it is if we are 3 - 4 months away (fingers crossed), its a good time to get to reading :)

Link?

mr_jon3s
09-15-2014, 09:42 AM

*jumps 3-4 months later into the future* velious is aprox 95% done from the sneak peak we got on the twitch cast last night. So way I see it if the ebola doesn't get anyone we got another 3-4 months till its released.

webrunner5
09-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Velious was about my least favorite expansion. So I really don't care if it ever comes out. Most zones way too big. You wished you were a Bard lol. Snow out the ass. No noob starting zones. Only 3 cities to bind in and 2 of them are right next to each other. Faction crap. Pass. :p

myriverse
09-15-2014, 10:35 AM
I remember a post saying Velious was 90% done around the time I joined and long before the beta started.

myriverse
09-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Velious was about my least favorite expansion. So I really don't care if it ever comes out. Most zones way too big. You wished you were a Bard lol. Snow out the ass. No noob starting zones. Only 3 cities to bind in and 2 of them are right next to each other. Faction crap. Pass. :p
Agreed for the most part, but I hope it does come for those that enjoy it.

Velks, ToFS, and Ring War-- only fun I ever had in Velious.

Whirled
09-15-2014, 10:43 AM
....... Faction crap. Pass. :p

Eq is awesome.... faction game sucks.

Daldaen
09-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Factioning in Velious blows. Will give me reason to play my main... But with the number of people at 60 with max exp, being in-group is pretty useless unless there's a bard or for group buffs. Beyond that, I expect to be out of group a lot to let lower levels get exp.

I can't wait for the complaining posts from rival guilds when there are people tagging their raid mobs for faction hits.

But adding all that raid content will be nice to keep people busy, especially since they aren't 1 minute fights against 32k HP mobs. Especially those that force trash clears. I'm sure people will try to Bladestopper and counter-train shit around though... Oh the petitions it will create.

Thulack
09-15-2014, 11:41 AM
dwarf faction will be easy rest ehhh.

webrunner5
09-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Agreed for the most part, but I hope it does come for those that enjoy it.

Velks, ToFS, and Ring War-- only fun I ever had in Velious.

Oh don't get me wrong. There is some neat stuff in the expansion. I think it is more fun at like level 30 to 40 than 60 will be. Some really nice quests and gear in it. So it will not be boring, but it is a hard expansion to deal with gear wise and faction wise. Not many classes are going to solo a lot of mobs that's for sure.

Nobody is going to argue about it coming out trust me, including me. :D

Sirken
09-16-2014, 02:35 AM
If t0lkien tuned in to Sirken's Monday night stream on Twitch (also available on YouTube) he'd see where Velious progress was right now - Verrriousss the bear will show you the light.

i'm pretty sure the prophesy of the velious release was discussed earlier tonight, you can watch/listen to it at: http://youtu.be/NSszkzNr_64

and <3 u

Tankdan
09-16-2014, 07:19 AM
I can't wait for the complaining posts from rival guilds when there are people tagging their raid mobs for faction hits.

The zones will be so overcrowded that guilds will just team up for 24/7 Kael armor/faction grinds. Nobody will care if you snag a faction hit. What matter is the kill/loot.

toolshed
09-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Look at the velious beta list of things to be completed: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157067

- Kael, Skyshrine and Thurgadin armor quests all need to be completed (only a couple of classes are done for each)
- Temple of Veeshan quests
- Baking and tailoring

Between the armor quests and ToV quests, there isn't much that is soloable. Most need a group or raid. Without serious dedication by multiple guilds on blue 99, I don't see this stuff getting done any time soon.

douglas1999
09-16-2014, 04:32 PM
It is confusing to me why more people don't log into the beta server, especially when you can play on blue at the same time if you want to. Everyone wants velious but not many seem willing to help test, everyone just thinks somebody else will do it. I think they might need to actually turn off blue for a few weeks just to drive people onto the beta server.

toolshed
09-16-2014, 05:29 PM
It is confusing to me why more people don't log into the beta server, especially when you can play on blue at the same time if you want to. Everyone wants velious but not many seem willing to help test, everyone just thinks somebody else will do it. I think they might need to actually turn off blue for a few weeks just to drive people onto the beta server.

The people who are going to benefit the most from SoV being released are these top tier guilds too. With the lack of soloable content left to do on the beta server, I think some kind of server-wide movement to finish the raid content needs to be done. I have no idea what would spur this movement though. Putting all raid mobs on FFA until the QA is done?

elessin alkabor
09-17-2014, 02:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnDiB9liJMM

original velious trailer

Oleris
09-17-2014, 05:58 AM
I've read this once a year for the past 3 years. can't wait... much longer :(

Doil_Boil
09-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Shit's getting me psyched

Byrjun
09-19-2014, 12:16 PM
The people who are going to benefit the most from SoV being released are these top tier guilds too. With the lack of soloable content left to do on the beta server, I think some kind of server-wide movement to finish the raid content needs to be done. I have no idea what would spur this movement though. Putting all raid mobs on FFA until the QA is done?

I think just about every raiding guild raids on the beta server frequently, and the "top tier guild" players are doing the majority of the solo testing as well. A lot of raid content has been tested and feedback has been given, but there hasn't been an update to the beta server for a long time.

Edit: Apparently it was patched a few days ago with "the latest changes." Hard to know what needs to be retested with such vague information.