PDA

View Full Version : The Per-Level Hunting Guide Needs Your Help

loramin
09-15-2014, 05:00 PM
First off, if you haven't seen the Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide) yet I highly recommend checking it out, as it now has over 175 different places (almost all soloable) to get experience at.

That's great, but there are certainly a lot more places the guide doesn't have, and I want to get them added. However, I'm out of ideas, and I've already checked other guides, forum threads, etc. So, I was hoping to get some suggestions from people here in the forums. Don't worry, no wiki-editing is required; all I ask is that you post any hunting spots you know that aren't already in the guide, and I'll "wikify" and add them.

So, if you know any good places to hunt, please share: I'd love to hear them!

Widmere
09-16-2014, 10:48 AM
40-43: Sol A clockworks and gnomes on path to the keep are soloable by meelee

drktmplr12
09-16-2014, 02:10 PM
40-43: Sol A clockworks and gnomes on path to the keep are soloable by meelee

Got to be careful here because the clerics in the keep will heal through the walls if you get too close.

loramin
09-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Awesome, thanks Windmere for the hunting spot, and thanks drktmplr12 for the note; both are now part of the guide.

Who's next? I'm sure there are tons of places missing from the guide ...

Hogfather
09-16-2014, 07:59 PM
41-45 41-45 Firiona Vie Outside settlement Drolvargs and Pirates 100%

Pirates green out at 41; range here is probably 35-40 for pirates, 40-? for drolvargs?

Also safest hunting is along the cliff face running East from FV for these.

Edit: Noticed you don't have grasslands in South Ro. Found this great solo hunting on my ENC in low teens. Lots of non-social animals and if you have some CC uncontested orc camps you may be able to break. Camp with 2-3 orcs near south wall (I think) that is not marked on camp was fantastic.

loramin
09-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks Hogfather, those kind of corrections are really helpful (I got a lot of the hunting spots from other guides, and they weren't always ... precise in their level ranges). I split FV in to two entries (one for pirates and one for drolvargs), and I also added two new South Ro entries (one for animals and one for the orc camp). Great stuff.

Any more additions? I'd love to hear them ...

Wrench
09-17-2014, 01:36 PM
you sure crazed goblins are actually on this server?

never seen them in bb on p99

sox7d
09-17-2014, 01:37 PM
for wizards 51-57 kelethin guards

get some 100% WR bags from tink bags(vendor buy price ~= EC price; good investment; very liquid) or mage summons to cut down on WC trips. trust me, this saves a lot of time and effort, do it as early as you can

bind at chardok AE for quick access to C2, port to gfay, run to kelethin

invis/lev and go up lift

~16 patrol guards = 4 pulls, once you get it down; first pull respawns by then

captain silverwind (high elf) is a warrior, not a paladin, but still slightly stronger than the rest of them. should be able to kill with full mana bar. lieutenant leafstalker is a bitch, wait till 54-55+ to kill him

pull 4, run off edge and towards forest

quad directly under city once you've grouped them together, wary of lift guards

each guard drops 11pp sword or 2 FS weaps

play guitar/read/learn something/netflix/jerk off for 5 minutes; repeat

sell at WC when full

never camped

get in tight with indigo bros in da hood

2legit

Daldaen
09-17-2014, 01:42 PM

get in tight with indigo bros in da hood

My dark elf wizard is intrigued.

ripwind
09-17-2014, 02:22 PM
you sure crazed goblins are actually on this server?

never seen them in bb on p99

Isn't that the goblin camp on the opposite side of the hills by the druid rings? Maybe I'm wrong. I know I've seen goblins at a camp there, 3-4 at a time.

ripwind
09-17-2014, 02:31 PM

This works for mages, too. As soon as they get the L49 Fire pet. There are plenty of Kelethin guards that are singles, and you can kill them right up there in the tree city. If you get two it will cause some headaches.

loramin
09-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Wrench: to be honest I hadn't either, but I haven't spent that much time in BB so I wasn't sure. It seems like that's just non-P99 junk I got from another guide, so I've deleted it.

sox7d: great suggestion, the guide really needs more high level hunting spots. I couldn't fit all of your advice in to the guide though, so I just added a link to your post here.

loramin
09-17-2014, 02:34 PM
ripwind: I added a note that that spot is mage soloable; thanks!

Esheon
09-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Wrench: to be honest I hadn't either, but I haven't spent that much time in BB so I wasn't sure. It seems like that's just non-P99 junk I got from another guide, so I've deleted it.

EDIT: Never mind, I was thinking about enraged goblins, which do exist in BB. I ran across a spawn of 3, very close together, blue to level 16, and hey drop a +1 STR neck.

BarackObooma
09-17-2014, 03:19 PM
I heard with the last patch that the raptors in TD are no longer quaddable.

loramin
09-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks BarackObooma, I've added a note to that entry.

Wrench
09-17-2014, 04:02 PM
I heard with the last patch that the raptors in TD are no longer quaddable.

raptor speed may change again

Haynar provided a sql fix for this a while ago. It should go in with the next patch.

loramin
09-17-2014, 04:36 PM
K, I updated the note.

Anyone else have any hunting spot suggestions? We could especially use more 50+ ones, but any level would be great.

BarackObooma
09-17-2014, 06:08 PM
The walls outside Karnors are listed as 39-50 but are more like 34-60. Some of the Drolvarg Growlers are level 29 so you could conceivably be even lower.

My 55 mage is parked outside there. There are still dark blue mobs (level 41 to 44) such as the level 41 Petrafier Cockatrices , the level 41 Drolvarg Ragers and about 2/3 of the Ravashing Drolvargs (the level 41-44 ones are dark blue).

In fact, my 58 wizard quads the ravashings sometimes. The level 44 ones are still dark blue. Even 4 green ones are like killing two dark blues. You can make decent money porting/evacing from there also and the bank is a zone away (FV).

loramin
09-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Thanks BarackObooma, I've updated that entry to be 34-60. I didn't start at 29 because even if a level 29 might be able to get XP, I doubt they'd be able to pull there without getting high level adds.

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Swish
09-17-2014, 07:06 PM
This works for mages, too. As soon as they get the L49 Fire pet. There are plenty of Kelethin guards that are singles, and you can kill them right up there in the tree city. If you get two it will cause some headaches.

Outside rogue guild is a good spot for a couple of singles.

loramin
09-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Great, I added a note to the Kelethin entry.

Keep 'em coming people!

Vladesch
09-21-2014, 09:45 AM
I asked about the crazed goblins in butcherblock before and told they weren't classic.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77809

OP:
19-23: Aviak guard spawns in lake rathe near arena zone.
Single pulls, right next to zoneline.
Drop bronze weapons.

20-27: Hermit in SK
Single very fast spawn.
Drops fine steel.

28-33: SK. Near hermit hut
2 roaming centaurs + 2 fixed gnoll spawns (one behind hill)
All single pulls.

34-39: FV. SW corner of zone.
Various mobs. You can pull them into the "tunnel" to swamp for no adds.

36-47: various dwarves in butcherblock.
Make sure they are on kaladimcitizen faction.
Most of the women by the huts are, and also 2 others by the docks.
Very easy place for quadding.

Hroth
09-21-2014, 06:52 PM
This is already on there, but to update a little bit.

Solo 30-35. Gator Pit. Cazic-Thule. Go down well, stretch of land between the 2 large water areas is the spot. Nothing more than a double pull.