PDA

View Full Version : Hangman's Noose

Kidneypunch
09-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Looking to loot Hangman's Noose
http://wiki.project1999.com/Hangman's_Noose

Please pm or message me in game if you are willing to let me loot, can pay a bit if needed

Smilkers
09-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Your best bet would be to park your character in zone, asking every now and then in /ooc if anyone is running "Forager cycle"... aka the name of the spawn cycle that your named mob (Hangman) appears. You'll stand a much better chance of getting your Noose if you're in direct contact with the guys who are killing his PH over and over.

It's unlikely you will get a response here while someone is actively pulling mobs/nameds on that spawn cycle. And it's even more unlikely you would be able to respond to a PM / make your way over to the corpse before the corpse poofed.

Good luck.

edit: And don't give up too quickly, you may need to sit around for a few hours -- over the course of a couple sessions -- before you hear of a Hangman spawn. Not every group running Forager cycle is guaranteed to spawn him... (obviously). And some people only run that cycle to get their Sebilis key done (Forager is a mob you need to complete the key).

iruinedyourday
09-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Back in classic I wanted one of these so bad Cus I was on Rallos Zek... I'm curious, what are the drop rates for this thing?

I like to know this stuff, in case there is a time travel event in my life and I get to relive 1999 all over again, and I can win eq with all the secrets.

Smilkers
09-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Spawning Hangman himself? That's pretty rare. Lots of possible nameds that can pop up, and I would estimate that you get a named at roughly 1 in 15 PH kills.

BUT I have seen him three times in one Forager farm session before (about 4 hours), so YMMV. Luck can always be on your side.

Here's the full spawn table, taken from the wiki.

Forager Cycle:

froglok forager - drops half of key to Sebilis
Commander Sils
Harbinger Dronik - drops Iksar Hide Mask
Klok Denris - drops Korzanz Kit`ioukl
Bloodeye - drops Trakanasaur Hide Tunic, Trakanasaur Hide Leggings
Flayhte
Crusader Zoglic - drops Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate
Squire Glik - drops Gleaming Short Sword
Keeper Lasnik - drops Lasnik's Staff
Champion Arlek - drops Knobbed Warclub
Titail Sinok - drops Meditative Blanket
Hangman - drops Hangman's Noose
Champion Thenrin - drops Ghostly Robes
Dragontail
Dreadlord Fanrik - drops Grim Pauldrons
Silvermane - drops Sabertooth Amulet
Keeper Sepsis

As a general wager, I would expect to kill no less than 100 PHs before seeing a Hangman.

zanderklocke
09-22-2014, 04:51 PM
I got a Hangman's Noose accidentally once. I let it rot.

Honestly, I don't think people do the camp enough to the point where one of these are actually readily obtainable.

You're probably better off saving money for a FBSS or better haste item.

indiscriminate_hater
09-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Spawning Hangman himself? That's pretty rare. Lots of possible nameds that can pop up, and I would estimate that you get a named at roughly 1 in 15 PH kills.

BUT I have seen him three times in one Forager farm session before (about 4 hours), so YMMV. Luck can always be on your side.

Here's the full spawn table, taken from the wiki.

As a general wager, I would expect to kill no less than 100 PHs before seeing a Hangman.

1 in 100 seems right for any single rare in the cycles. ive seen about 4 drop, along with 4 bps, 5 masks, 3 belts, etc. Just park your rogue in zone and offer the usual campers some play to send a tell to you when it drops

Also FYI that spawn table is not complete, but the missing nameds don't drop anything

Kidneypunch
09-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info all! I have been known to be pretty lucky! But I am sitting around 2k in plat at the moment. It might be a bit before i can purchase an FBSS