PDA

View Full Version : Add some spice to P99 - Petition to enable /guildwar

toolshed
09-27-2014, 06:25 PM
No item loot but coinage loot - PvP enabled with no level ristrictions

This could become a fun event on the server, and it's not GM-led. Also a fun event for level 60 guilds; or a fun way to decide spawn battles??

Plus, it's classic isn't it?

Tasslehofp99
09-27-2014, 06:28 PM
yes pls been wanting this on p99 for 3+ years ;)

jpetrick
09-27-2014, 06:37 PM
do want

Bboboo
09-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a good idea but it would probably turn into more Rule Lawyering and Petition Questing than actual PvP.

Not sure how but Blue would find a way.

toolshed
09-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a good idea but it would probably turn into more Rule Lawyering and Petition Questing than actual PvP.

Not sure how but Blue would find a way.

If the names are red the names are red - let the PvP begin.

I feel like some good ol fashioned pvp would help tensions between the top guilds anyway.

Doil_Boil
09-27-2014, 07:46 PM
This would be great!

Daldaen
09-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I approve on account of classic.

I disapprove on account of EQ PvP not having any semblance of balance.

toolshed
09-28-2014, 01:42 AM

This would be an opt-in pvp event though, so balance really isn't an issue. Just like /duels, /guildwar is adding depth to the game

Clark
09-28-2014, 03:50 AM
yes pls been wanting this on p99 for 3+ years ;)

Doil_Boil
09-28-2014, 05:19 AM

Shhh. Have you not played druids in pvp? :D

Slumgum
09-28-2014, 06:16 AM

There is no reward for killing, you don't need balance. Travel in groups. Use invisibility. Type / + enter frequently. Guild wars are completely optional. If you don't like it don't participate.

toolshed
09-30-2014, 12:18 AM
There is no reward for killing, you don't need balance. Travel in groups. Use invisibility. Type / + enter frequently. Guild wars are completely optional. If you don't like it don't participate.

I think this highlights that it really is giving guilds the freedom to make their own event and their own fun. It would be fun to watch guilds fight in mass pvp, and it would be also fun to participate.

holsteinrx7
09-30-2014, 12:23 AM
i just said that class C guilds should have to be pvp using tome of discord or something.

toolshed
09-30-2014, 02:17 PM
i just said that class C guilds should have to be pvp using tome of discord or something.

I think this is a great idea for raid guilds to blow off steam.

Guild vs guild pvp to decide who gets the spawn right now (if it is contested), and then loser gets next spawn. Something like that...I don't know the obvious details. All I know is that this would be a great addition to P99

Traxan
09-30-2014, 02:35 PM
This would roxors some boxorz. Never seen this go down back in the day, but knew the command was there

Ella`Ella
09-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Signed.

Daldaen
09-30-2014, 03:18 PM
I think this highlights that it really is giving guilds the freedom to make their own event and their own fun. It would be fun to watch guilds fight in mass pvp, and it would be also fun to participate.

Until at 255 fire resist a wizard lands a full Sunstrike and kills most casters in a single cast. Or until someone used throwing boulders or shurikens of eternity with our broken throwing damage calculations.

Super balanced.

PvP was never balanced in EQ. It would be even worse here since there is no PvP code that would manage Melee hits to a reasonable level and balance resists.

Guilds are free to do this as BDA showed by turning in your books. I'm really surprised how few Class C people did it since they seem to unanimously hate chest. What better time to go hunt him down than when you know he is red?

The mechanic to provide the freedom to do this already exists in game. A guild-wide forcing of this doesn't allow random noob members to sit out of an unbalanced aspect of the game they have no desire to partake in. They'd be forced to partake, or leave the guild.

toolshed
09-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Until at 255 fire resist a wizard lands a full Sunstrike and kills most casters in a single cast. Or until someone used throwing boulders or shurikens of eternity with our broken throwing damage calculations.

Super balanced.

PvP was never balanced in EQ. It would be even worse here since there is no PvP code that would manage Melee hits to a reasonable level and balance resists.

Guilds are free to do this as BDA showed by turning in your books. I'm really surprised how few Class C people did it since they seem to unanimously hate chest. What better time to go hunt him down than when you know he is red?

The mechanic to provide the freedom to do this already exists in game. A guild-wide forcing of this doesn't allow random noob members to sit out of an unbalanced aspect of the game they have no desire to partake in. They'd be forced to partake, or leave the guild.

and then they kill your newbie player....but the entire guild will come to do the corpse run.

The book turn-in is not the same, in my opinion. A lot of people don't even know the quest exists and you can see that a lot of people don't know about it because of the exact situation that you described.

Im the leader of a newbie guild and it would be really fun to have pvp against another newbie guild. This isn't just for tunnelquesting lvl 60 guilds. And to ask my players to not be buffed or group with people that are blue for a week(because we turned in our books) is pretty ridiculous.

The balance is..... well it's not perfect, but I played on a pvp server on live and you get through it. Part of the fun is the imbalance - it causes you to form up a group for PvP

jcr4990
10-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Class C should be forced to be red at all times. If you want "competition" then put your pixels where your mouth is.

/thread

Nubben
10-01-2014, 04:47 PM
My guild Silens Dauthus on Mithaniel Marr did a /guildwar at one point. If I remember right, the /guildwar command also had parameters that would set the duration in days, at which time it would automatically end.

Silens Dauthus was an all rogue guild, and the guild we "warred" with was a druid/ranger guild. I think only a few small pvp battles actually happened the guildwar, as our guild was mostly centralized in the Butcherblock area at the time, and they were all in/near Misty Thicket so it was pretty much pointless. I know that I only saw one or two members of the other guild during the "war." This was either pre-Kunark or shortly after the release, definitely pre-Velious though.

Some friends of mine participated in a player ran event on another server (I think Tarew Marr) that was based on a guild war. Two guilds were created specifically for the event, with names like "Army of the East" and "Army of the West" or something similar. Players were allowed to level up to 10, and the people running the event gave players spell money and some leather/banded armor and stuff. Everyone from both guilds then went to Tox forest and the guilds went to "war."

I wasn't there for the event, but it sounded like a cool idea and my one friend made out with some pretty cool items from participating, enough so that he switched to that server permanently and eventually was able to trade his way up to some top end items like AoN and Fungi despite never making it past level 35 or so.

toolshed
10-01-2014, 05:10 PM
My guild Silens Dauthus on Mithaniel Marr did a /guildwar at one point. If I remember right, the /guildwar command also had parameters that would set the duration in days, at which time it would automatically end.

Silens Dauthus was an all rogue guild, and the guild we "warred" with was a druid/ranger guild. I think only a few small pvp battles actually happened the guildwar, as our guild was mostly centralized in the Butcherblock area at the time, and they were all in/near Misty Thicket so it was pretty much pointless. I know that I only saw one or two members of the other guild during the "war." This was either pre-Kunark or shortly after the release, definitely pre-Velious though.

Some friends of mine participated in a player ran event on another server (I think Tarew Marr) that was based on a guild war. Two guilds were created specifically for the event, with names like "Army of the East" and "Army of the West" or something similar. Players were allowed to level up to 10, and the people running the event gave players spell money and some leather/banded armor and stuff. Everyone from both guilds then went to Tox forest and the guilds went to "war."

I wasn't there for the event, but it sounded like a cool idea and my one friend made out with some pretty cool items from participating, enough so that he switched to that server permanently and eventually was able to trade his way up to some top end items like AoN and Fungi despite never making it past level 35 or so.

Love this! Just goes to show all the awesome player-led events that would happen on this server with this amazing feature enabled.

I think this would be one of the easier changes to implement(not sure though obviously, I'm not a dev), and it would completely change the spectrum of events that could happen on P99

Lisset
10-01-2014, 10:44 PM
While I love the idea, ease of implementation isnt a concern. There's only one concern. Is it classic to the Kunark/Velious era? Don't think so. If not, it won't happen, simple as that.

toolshed
10-02-2014, 02:57 AM
While I love the idea, ease of implementation isnt a concern. There's only one concern. Is it classic to the Kunark/Velious era? Don't think so. If not, it won't happen, simple as that.

I thought it was classic

Nubben
10-02-2014, 07:23 AM

It's definitely classic. See my post like 4 posts back in this thread.

Mac Drettj
10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

guildwar enabled

Lisset
10-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Oh cool then. I guess I just don't remember it.

Daldaen
10-02-2014, 09:58 AM

guildwar enabled

Warn people before linking such toxic forums please. But really, red is a cesspool, thus why they want guild war on blue. Plus blue wants classic features.

Pudge
10-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Hey guys, there's actually a classic server where guildwars is already enabled, and it's on all the time!

Name's Red.

Zadrian
10-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Make a raid zone a pvp zone once a mob spawns.

toolshed
10-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Dear gif-sig-red-people,

Thank you for your thoughts. However, this isn't about FFA world pvp - this is about allowing people the freedom to create their own content and engage in pvp on their own terms. Oh, and it's classic.

Thanks for showing you care about the well-being of B99,
Tool <3

Zadrian
10-02-2014, 01:32 PM
I played on blue for 4 years, I think I can have an opinions too.

Mac Drettj
10-02-2014, 01:55 PM

guildwar enabled

Colgate
10-02-2014, 07:08 PM
think it's hilarious that when people make threads about the red server existing, 30 people spam it with "fuck off back to your own forums, eq pvp sucks!!"

then someone makes this thread, everyone's like "yeah i love eq pvp that sounds awesome!"

haha

Varren
10-02-2014, 07:14 PM
think it's hilarious that when people make threads about the red server existing, 30 people spam it with "fuck off back to your own forums, eq pvp sucks!!"

then someone makes this thread, everyone's like "yeah i love eq pvp that sounds awesome!"

haha

I've been thinking the same thing. Logged into blue a couple days ago and brought my old monk into the tunnel to look for some pvp. Finally found someone within 20 levels that was paying attention and dueled them. I think they had fun (and tbh it was more pvp than I've had on red recently)

There is a lot of pent up eagerness for adventure that plain old blue just doesn't satisfy. In a world, you should be able to flying kick anyone you want so long as you can deal with the repercussions, right?

Tasslehofp99
10-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Signed.

Class C should be forced to be red at all times. If you want "competition" then put your pixels where your mouth is.

/thread

make it so! I would be down for this

Happy
10-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Make it happen! this would be great

Haynar
10-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Even if we coded it add /guildwar, forget about coin loot, except for maybe a limited quantity.

H

Mac Drettj
10-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Red99 is the greatest, so is Retti, hes the MAN

Join HOLOCAUST day crootin

H

Nirgon
10-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Y'all holdin out on the classic with diz 1

Psykes
10-03-2014, 11:16 AM
eqpvp.com Guildwars server launches tonight.... velious enabled

Agatha
10-03-2014, 11:22 AM
come on ova 2 the red server bro's, big agatha will take care of you like one of her own babies.

i'd eat u and spit the bones out.

Nirgon
10-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Even if we coded it add /guildwar, forget about coin loot, except for maybe a limited quantity.

H

These people investigate each others real lives and post them on the forums well before they reach the point they'd /guildwar. I think 80ish platinum Norrathian currency is the least of the grief that would be endured.

Squire
10-03-2014, 05:19 PM
irl item loot

Tasslehofp99
10-03-2014, 09:27 PM
This would more likely be for bragging rights + to add something to break up monotony of same shit every weekend. I doubt many people would be fussed over coin loot, but who knows.

Squire
10-04-2014, 10:01 AM
just roll on red all, its waaaay more fun if you give it a chance

toolshed
10-15-2014, 03:08 PM
This would more likely be for bragging rights + to add something to break up monotony of same shit every weekend. I doubt many people would be fussed over coin loot, but who knows.

I think this is a good point.

Coin loot would give you something to lose and it really only forces you to go to the bank more often. Trades could still happen.

Nirgon
10-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Classic mechanic no need for debate

Whatley
10-16-2014, 10:25 AM
No item loot but coinage loot - PvP enabled with no level ristrictions

This could become a fun event on the server, and it's not GM-led. Also a fun event for level 60 guilds; or a fun way to decide spawn battles??

Plus, it's classic isn't it?

OMG PLEASE

Nubben
10-16-2014, 11:37 AM
I've created a thread about this in the Bugs section of the forums. If anyone is able to provide some further research, please do so. This is a fun, classic feature that needs to be enabled!

Here is the Bugs forum thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168376)

Whatley
10-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Is there any chance of this actually happening?

Aviann
10-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Please make this happen for us! This would be sweet. Been hoping it actually is possible for years.

toolshed
10-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Is there any chance of this actually happening?

Overall a pretty much unanimous 'yes' from the community for a classic feature that should have been enabled from the start.

I think this has a good chance, especially with the thread started in the bug forum.

cor3nth
10-20-2014, 05:12 PM
+1 for guild wars! Classic feature!!

Kevris
10-20-2014, 11:18 PM
You all don't want this. Dial-A-Port would rain fire upon you all the likes of which has never been seen before.

In writhing agony you would gnaw out your tongues and drown in your own blood. We would show you all the wondrous and terrible sights hell has to offer, and even then our thirst for your souls would never be slaked. Death waits for you, Norrath, the second you /guildwar Dial-A-Port.

You've been warned.

Aviann
10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
You all don't want this. Dial-A-Port would rain fire upon you all the likes of which has never been seen before.

In writhing agony you would gnaw out your tongues and drown in your own blood. We would show you all the wondrous and terrible sights hell has to offer, and even then our thirst for your souls would never be slaked. Death waits for you, Norrath, the second you /guildwar Dial-A-Port.

You've been warned.

I want to believe you and all, but I'm pretty sure most everyone has a set of resist gear by now.

toolshed
10-24-2014, 05:11 PM
I think a majority of the time the community sees "going classic" as the removal of features.

Enabling /guildwar would be a unique opportunity for the addition of classic content.

Rararboker
10-24-2014, 08:40 PM
GUILD WAR!!

Varren
10-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Start this in the bugs forum.

Dev problem, right?

Fysts
10-24-2014, 10:19 PM
I think everyone in IB and Tmo should go PvP for 10 days and during this time suspend all petitions. Would certainly be fun.

Nubben
10-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Here is the Bugs forum thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168376)

There is still some potential research still needed.

Potential research needed:

Level restrictions? (I don't believe there are any)
Looting rules? (Again, I don't believe any looting is possible similar to /duel)
Messages received by guild leaders when challenge is placed, challenge is accepted, challenge is declined, active guildwar is cancelled. Also, is there a guildwide message displayed when any of these events occur?
Do the two guild leaders need to be in the same zone when these commands are issued, or do they work worldwide?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, or is willing to contribute, please do so! This is a fun feature of the game that has been missing for way too long now!

Also, there has not been a Dev response to this particular bug thread yet.

Mac Drettj
10-25-2014, 01:12 AM
this feature exists on red99 yall

toolshed
10-26-2014, 02:34 PM

No I believe this bug exists on both servers actually

Ravager
10-26-2014, 04:19 PM
I think pvp in eq is dumb and unbalanced, but this is a good idea for this server. I think this would paradoxically improve inter-guild relations and make more of a sport of the end game than the cutthroat competition it is.

toolshed
10-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Huge development! Haynar has responded to my post about /guildwar: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1660350&postcount=143

I have a few things on my list first. But I will try to look at getting a functional /guildwar.

H

Needless to say I am very excited

GnashingOfTeeth
10-29-2014, 05:54 PM
When p99 first fired up, the line was the line, you were there or not. There were no hand offs. If you put in the time to stand there, that should be it. End of story.
The biggest issue then was the occasional mage that would park and earth pet and go afk or pass out. They were usually KS'ed until they returned and whined, and sent to the back of the line.
Allowing hand offs to people not in line encourages MQ and bullshit RMT IMO.

Clark
10-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Huge development! Haynar has responded to my post about /guildwar: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1660350&postcount=143

Needless to say I am very excited

:)

Dillian
10-30-2014, 12:53 AM
I remember on live when i was in a guild war. The amount of hate between the guilds was unbelievable. OOP on saryrn was the guild i was in. I cant remember the guild we were at war with but it was damn good fun. I vote yes.=)

capco
11-06-2014, 03:45 PM
This would be very fun indeed!

I support /guildwar.

Juhstin
11-07-2014, 04:17 PM

toolshed
11-07-2014, 04:39 PM

toolshed
12-03-2014, 01:59 PM
With all these great classic changes coming to P99, I just wanted to remind everyone about the best classic feature that is not currently enabled: guildwar!

Bring it back! It's classic!

Taboo
12-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Red99 /guildwar is always on.....

toolshed
12-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Meisman
12-11-2014, 11:33 AM
I want this. Signing petition

QuantumZebra
12-12-2014, 12:38 AM
signed, id play blue again... maybe

toolshed
02-17-2015, 09:22 PM
Do you know what RMTers hate? They hate /guildwar. Why? Because it is an awesome classic feature and RMTers hate people that like fun things.

/guildwar - the best classic feature yet to be enabled on Project1999. Let freedom ring!

PDX0621
03-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Free Bump

Is this really not a feature here? It's super classic! Waaaaaay back in the day, on Morell Thule, I participated in a guild war, and it was a ton of fun. My guild, Revenant Souls of Darkness went to war with another iksar only guild, Imperial Iksar. Over the course of a few weeks or the month the war lasted, we battled it out all over Kunark and inside Cabilis. It was a total free for all, and a lot of fun. We ended up beating them down and scattering them so munch, the guild ended up disbanding. While I realize that part probably doesn't sound fun, the immersion / slight RP factor was off the charts. It was definitely one of the more memorable events in my EQ career.

Bring it back! You've got my vote!