PDA

View Full Version : Issues with staying in fullscreen mode

Kuldiin
12-24-2009, 04:23 AM
Sorry if this has already been resolved, I have been unable to locate it myself using the search function.

When I am playing in fullscreen mode, clicking on the UI minimizes the game, and sets the game mode to windowed. I have tried re-installing, and using different UIs with the same effect.

In windowed mode the game runs without issue, but I would much prefer to run this in fullscreen if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
Kuld

Taluvill
12-24-2009, 05:03 AM
have the same problem here, feel like i have tied everything. Matched in game reso with my reso too, and im running 1704x1004 atm. Cant change that as i'm playing on a TV screen obviously not meant for gaming, although it still looks pretty lol.

Short Version: Same Problem, Big TV screen, weird resolution at 1712x1004.
Anyone found a quick fix?

PS: Not exactly the same issue. Reso's are set the same, colors and refresh and everything are set the same, my window even fits my 37inch tv screen at 1712x1004... Idk what to do really. If anyone has found a good fix, please tell me.

Cubehacker
12-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Thats pretty odd. Which user interface are you guys using? The default one?

guineapig
12-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Same thinkg happens to me but I just got used to it after a while. (Clicking on full screen mode in options isn't that big a deal.) That being said, if there is a fix for this would love to hear about it!

Five
12-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I had the same problem too.

When I had EQ up in full screen, I would pop out to desktop and the game would be in windowed mode if I clicked on any object on my desktop through the EQ UI. This included clicking in the EQ UI's chat box (which I had positioned at the bottom of the screen) because in actuality, I was clicking on the Windows Vista task bar. I also had trouble looting things from corpses, as I would be clicking on desktop icons arranged on the left side of my screen.

You'll also notice that the EQ cursor will change to your standard white Windows cursor when you're about to click something on your desktop, even though you're looking at EQ in full screen.

I hope this helps shed some light on the topic.

Much love.

Taluvill
12-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Im using Quartz 2, although i'll very easily go change the UI and see if that works. Im actually gonna go make a test char for that, will report what i find if the UI makes a difference, i doubt it will.

Cubehacker
12-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Does EQ have any known incompatibilities with Vista/Windows 7?
Or is this problem happening with Windows XP too?

TomSnare
12-25-2009, 04:16 PM
What I did is just run the game in windowed mode all the time, and I set my resolution for windowed mode in the eqclient.ini file to full (1440x900 for me).
Played today with no problems.

karsten
12-25-2009, 04:30 PM
you might wanna try wineq2 + EQplaynice to play eq with -- it's free, and not a hacking program, can google it

chr0nix
12-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I was having this issue too with my netbook and I have figured out what was going on. If you have any of the desktop showing when in windowed mode, then switch to fullscreen and then click in that area of the screen when in full screen, it will act like it was clicking the desktop thus going back to window.

My fix was to make the window resolution take up the whole screen, even covering the task bar. This prevented me from clicking in the "desktop" space. My system was Windows 7 with an intel integrated card using the old velious UI. Hope that helps some of you.

aVoided
12-25-2009, 05:10 PM
I have this issue 100% but my work around works for me. maybe it will work for you. I window a lot to look things up. Then revert back to full screen. When i revert back I would have the same issue. Even moving my mouse around I would see desktop icons kinda ghost into my eq screen as my mouse went over them even with eq on top and in full screen, and If i clicked. bam back to my desktop and windowed.

1) click full screen box option. The game will flash and such as it adjusts to full screen.
*if i do not do step 2 i have the same issue as you guys and I will click through the
screen onto my desktop and minimize and re-enter windowed mode.*
2) I then go under video modes and re-select my resolution (for me its 1400 x 900 im on
a lappy) I need to do this everytime I switch back from windowed.
3) Once i select the resoultion and hit accept my game will flash slightly again and a
confirmation box comes up asking if i want to keep this resolution. Naturally I hit yes.

Not sure if it will work for you guys but my wife and I both had this issue and reselecting the resolution once in full screen works for us. We have to do it everytime we come back from windowed and such, but once we do it we have no isses of ghosting desktop or clicking through to the dsktop. It's like the game doesn't recognize your full screen resoultion unless you tell it again what it is.

Kuldiin
12-26-2009, 11:21 AM
aVoided's fix worked well for me :)

guineapig
12-26-2009, 02:25 PM
That's odd that you need to reselct the resolution each time. As soon as I select fullscreen under options it reverts back to the proper resolution for me.

I am going to try to change the windowed resolution in the the .ini file when I get back home on Monday, it sounds like a good solution and would prevent me from having to switch back and forth at all...

(Of course since I bought my wife a laptop for Christmas I could just look stuff up on that now.)

aVoided
12-27-2009, 07:21 AM
It is reverting to the resolution i have it set to Guinea, but for some reason the desktop ghosts in the backround and around the edges of the screen I click around the edge and poof back to windowed even though it's in the proper full screen reso. Once i re tell it the video mode though it stops even though its already in that reso mode.

I've played the game thus far with a fresh instal and only modding the files p99 says to. This issue drove me bonkers for the first couple hrs on the server. So far everyone i told this to, has worked for them. If your little edit to the ini file works let me know. It's only 2 extra clicks and a few seconds, so it doesnt bother me much.

DaMaN841
01-21-2010, 04:30 AM
The solution that I have found with trouble staying in Fullscreen mode is mostly a compatibility issue. I'm running Windows 7, and what I did was run the Everquest executable in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. For those who are unaware of this feature, right click on the executable, click properties. Choose the Compatibility tab on the dialog that appears, and select the check box that makes the drop down combo box editable. Choose Windows XP SP3, click apply and then Ok.

Run the game, and you shouldn't have any more problems. Hope this worked as flawlessly as it did for me.