PDA

View Full Version : everquest classic app live again

bunglusu
10-03-2014, 11:29 AM
everquest classic app android is live again. found cheaper hosting
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hr.apps.n162566109

we are still working with apple to get into their app store, however this is proving to be more frustrating.

Thatt
10-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Cool, thanks.

Captiv8
10-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Installed...will check out. Thanks!

Cranky
10-04-2014, 02:32 AM
Interesting list of required permissions. Care to explain please?

- run at startup
- take pictures, control microphone
- precise GPS location
- read accounts and contacts
- prevent device from sleeping..
plus more....

Just curious why all these permissions are needed for what is probably just a wrapper for the P1999 wiki? I haven't installed it.

bunglusu
10-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Interesting list of required permissions. Care to explain please?

- run at startup
- take pictures, control microphone
- precise GPS location
- read accounts and contacts
- prevent device from sleeping..
plus more....

Just curious why all these permissions are needed for what is probably just a wrapper for the P1999 wiki? I haven't installed it.

we have had almost 5000k installs, and so far not a single person, besides you, has had any issue to permissions. facebook app asks for more. If you dont like permissions, then dont download it. No one forces you to download anything :-)

Kraz
10-04-2014, 08:31 PM
What a prick of a response.

webrunner5
10-04-2014, 08:34 PM
we have had almost 5000k installs, and not a single person, besides you, has had any issue to permissions. facebook app asks for more. dont like it, dont download it you paranoid gnome

OP sounds like a total Jackass. Not downloading anything from that site. 17 post also. Sounds like a real tool.

Hogfather
10-04-2014, 08:47 PM
we have had almost 5000k installs, and not a single person, besides you, has had any issue to permissions. facebook app asks for more. dont like it, dont download it you paranoid gnome
Was going to give it a go but lol, what a jerk reply. Pass.

Also, 5000k installs, huh. OK, smile and wave boys, smile and wave..

Tasslehofp99
10-04-2014, 09:20 PM
haha wow

Glasken
10-05-2014, 04:41 AM
we have had almost 5000k installs, and so far not a single person, besides you, has had any issue to permissions. facebook app asks for more. If you dont like permissions, then dont download it. No one forces you to download anything :-)

The number people accepting permissions without question means nothing. At least someone took a moment to pay attention. You have zero need within the scope of such an app for the ability to take photos or aquire gps info.

Lots of attempts on these forums lately to have people visit compromised websites, now we are moving on to apps? Hurray progress.

tl;dr: didnt install, wont install.

Sebekkha
10-05-2014, 04:54 AM
I'd rather use the wiki ?

myriverse
10-05-2014, 08:00 AM
There are 5 million people in the world that care about 15 year old elf pixels?

Krazed
10-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah, this is pretty shitty.

There is ZERO reason an information app for a Video game , let alone emulated version, requires microphone, camera, contacts, and other usage.

Except for the explicit reason of taking said information and selling, or using for other shifty reasons.

This is probably exactly why apple refuses to publish your app. It must be bad if they wont, because even they have shifty apps that steal info!

bunglusu
10-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Yeah, this is pretty shitty.

There is ZERO reason an information app for a Video game , let alone emulated version, requires microphone, camera, contacts, and other usage.

Except for the explicit reason of taking said information and selling, or using for other shifty reasons.

This is probably exactly why apple refuses to publish your app. It must be bad if they wont, because even they have shifty apps that steal info!

hey buddy, before jumping to conclusions, perhaps you should look under the developer account i published the application on. This developer account has hundreds of published apps. This developer account also has good reputation. perhaps that will place things inter perspective

Krazed
10-05-2014, 09:00 PM
If it has such a good reputation and you're such a nice guy, why dont you remove the irrelevant and CLEARLY pointless permissions from the app?

There is zero need for most of those for the EQ "wiki" app. And probably no need for most of your apps either, if I had to venture a guess. I dont think i have more than 1 app on my phone that requires access to my contacts. It just doesnt sit well with me.

nicemace
10-05-2014, 09:10 PM
hey buddy, before jumping to conclusions, perhaps you should look under the developer account i published the application on. This developer account has hundreds of published apps. This developer account also has good reputation. perhaps that will place things inter perspective

if the permissions are harmless, why dont you explain to people why your app needs those permissions rather than just insulting people? i think you would find people a lot more responsive if you actually answered questions rather than evade.

anyone that evades questions such as these is un-trustworthy, regardless of any trumped up stats on a website.

fastboy21
10-05-2014, 09:27 PM
This is why software people and engineers are not good at dealing with customers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7u1VBhWCE)...

Hogfather
10-05-2014, 11:29 PM
It does nothing to answer the actual (very simple!) question: why are you asking for permissions for those device functions and data?

Ivvl
10-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Hopping aboard the skeptical train!

You mention that your account the app is published under has other apps (thereby implying we should trust you), yet I took the time to randomly check a number of these apps. ALL of the ones I checked had permissions requiring location, camera/microphone, and media files. Why would an app for news about a college football program (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hr.apps.n68220099) require all of said permissions, let alone one that is supposed to be an knowledge bank for EQ?

I eagerly await your insult...I mean reply.

Lord Traxor
10-06-2014, 05:07 AM
they sell the info obtained to marketing agencies etc, duh.

tristantio
10-06-2014, 10:41 AM
See http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153881, he uses a drag and drop app creation tool (which is a bit expensive to run).

I'm wondering if the permissions are a default in the app (shoutem.com) or if they are explicitly defined in his apps (and using a drag and drop app maker is the easiest way to steal user data).

sox7d
10-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I think I'm gonna make a P99 app that doesn't suck. Expect it in 4-5 months.

Jimjam
10-06-2014, 03:57 PM
MAKE AN ANDROID EQ EMULATOR EMULATOR.

Is it too much to ask?

tristantio
10-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I just connect over VNC when I need remote EQ access :)

Using GNU/Linux and x11vnc it is pretty easy to do (run EQ itself in WINE).

Hogfather
10-06-2014, 08:39 PM
they sell the info obtained to marketing agencies etc, duh.
No shit, that's the point of the WHY U NEED DIS