PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Racial AC on p1999

holsteinrx7
10-03-2014, 06:43 PM
hey there guys,

im going to roll a iksar or ogre warrior alt here for fun and velious.

ive googled and read through all the threads that range from:

1. iksar ac is a displayed number that doesnt do anything
2. some parses show that it helps mitagation in that you take the harder hitting hits less often
3. that it was a gimmick up until a certain point where it got patched in a later expansion
4. there was one green post back in 2011ish that said that it wasnt working on p1999, but i cant find that post again, or know if that person was accurate.

also, a lot of the iksar warriors on this server seem to not know either.

this question would also affect monks, but monks seem to be pretty sure that iksar monk can take the heat a little more.

can anyone clarify this for me? i wouldnt want to put myself through the iksar warrior ringer if there was no juice for the squeeze.

thanks! :p

Rec
10-03-2014, 06:46 PM
it's probably one of those things where you have no evidence but it's peace of mind

Derubael
10-03-2014, 06:47 PM
You're an iksar... do you really need anymore reason to play one?

holsteinrx7
10-03-2014, 07:03 PM
derubael is there any way for you to check?

also, im curious how much -10sv cold will come into play in velious - an ice expansion.

Byrjun
10-03-2014, 08:02 PM
There's actually very little need for CR in Velious. Even Yelinak's Ice Breath is MR based.

Jorlleag has Vox AE, Ventani has Gorenaire AE, Koi'Doken has a CR stun AE... and there's some random drake/wurm cold AEs. Melee DPS will probably want to stack CR for Ventani... rest is pretty meh.

holsteinrx7
10-05-2014, 05:55 AM
You're an iksar... do you really need anymore reason to play one?

the more i consider this, the more it sounds like "you dont need ac bonus to play iksar!"

i made one but i want to check to make sure i shouldnt be min maxing a ogre. :p

Clark
10-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Ogre!

khanable
10-05-2014, 10:53 AM
an end game iksar warrior will have about 100-150 less ac than an ogre in kunark

in velious, theoretically, they (iksars) should have a lead by about 20 ac

iksars get all the chicks tho

so do you want chicks or do you want ac

webrunner5
10-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I still say the Ogre stun resistance is a BIG deal in Velious, Melee or even a Shaman, which does melee. Fights last a long time, and a few more hits or a few more casts that get off really do add up. I know they are a turd in Dungeons, but their stats are just over the top when you compare them say to a Dark Elf, which I like the look of, they are just hard to beat when the rubber meets the road. :D

baalzy
10-06-2014, 02:43 PM
I still say the Ogre stun resistance is a BIG deal in Velious, Melee or even a Shaman, which does melee. Fights last a long time, and a few more hits or a few more casts that get off really do add up. I know they are a turd in Dungeons, but their stats are just over the top when you compare them say to a Dark Elf, which I like the look of, they are just hard to beat when the rubber meets the road. :D

I fully intend to have an ogre war twinked out when Velious drops in the hopes that they do a similar event to Kunark release. Where xp granting mobs have a small % chance of dropping pre-nerf items. Just in the hopes of getting a guise.

Then i can have the look and the stats!

holsteinrx7
10-07-2014, 08:52 PM
i got my iksar warrior made and parked in hopes that i get confirmation about the racial AC working.

not sure if i want to gamble "years" of raiding on a tank that has to risk more than other races for a questionable benefit on the emu server.

thanks for assistance greens and players.

radda
10-08-2014, 01:51 AM
i never looked back

katrik
10-08-2014, 02:25 AM
Iksar master race

Jimjam
10-08-2014, 04:11 AM
Just level it up anyway. I assume you enjoy actually playing p99?

You can do all the iksar only quests to gear up and give something new to do this time round.

I mean I have two Halfling warriors on the same account on this server! Levelling your iksar will give you something new to do during non-raid times.

captnamazing
10-09-2014, 01:20 AM
the dude riding a motorbike wearing denim and boots is an iksar warrior
cool as fuck
he's smoking a cigar and has a parrot too

the dude riding a motorbike in full pads and helmet is an ogre warrior
won't get stunned
but no one is impressed

OfftuneRZ
10-09-2014, 04:52 AM
My guilds raid leader/main tank on live was iksar warrior . Never had an ogre raid tank for us lol.

Stonecrush
10-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Too many people counting on bash (not spell) stun immunity as the end all be all.

Make the race you enjoy.
If stun immunity mattered then every warrior would be an Ogre.
If stun immunity is the only way you keep aggro? Then you're probably doing it wrong and should consider WoW as a choice.

Last one. If everyone remembers the only race that never tires out are the Barbarians. If P1999 gets the code in that Sta runs out as you swing your weapons. Everyone will consider Barbarians as they swing at full speed even when tired.

In conclusion stun immunity (not spells included) is neat, but it should NOT be the reason to be a certain class.

khanable
10-09-2014, 10:31 AM
cool as fuck

won't get stunned
but no one is impressed

+1

Play what you like op - for me, I wouldn't have it any other way. Iksar warrior all day erreday.

rgostic
10-09-2014, 02:25 PM
cool as fuck

won't get stunned
but no one is impressed

Riding a motorcycle without a helmet makes you look stupid, not cool.

The guy wearing pads and a helmet isn't trying to impress anyone.

Only a loser would be so desperate to impress people that he thinks riding a motorcycle with no safety equipment is cool.

Your analogy is lacking.

thieros
10-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Riding a motorcycle without a helmet makes you look stupid, not cool.

The guy wearing pads and a helmet isn't trying to impress anyone.

Only a loser would be so desperate to impress people that he thinks riding a motorcycle with no safety equipment is cool.

Your analogy is lacking.

filbus live cam response to rgostic

https://i.imgur.com/f928zwU.jpg

Argh
10-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Iksars have a higher ac hardcap cap. Warrior is 1172 v 1213 for shown ac.

...and they get a tail.

holsteinrx7
10-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Too many people counting on bash (not spell) stun immunity as the end all be all.

Make the race you enjoy.
If stun immunity is the only way you keep aggro? Then you're probably doing it wrong and should consider WoW as a choice.

Last one. If everyone remembers the only race that never tires out are the Barbarians. If P1999 gets the code in that Sta runs out as you swing your weapons. Everyone will consider Barbarians as they swing at full speed even when tired.

In conclusion stun immunity (not spells included) is neat, but it should NOT be the reason to be a certain class.

i dont think endurance and swing was in kunark. also dont think thatll be a part of p99. ??

doughboy
10-09-2014, 06:06 PM
There is a simple way to resolve this. Just have someone parse human and iksar monk to see what P99's ruleset is. I recall it being called a gimmick but tbh its kind of stupid for P99 to follow it to be "classic".

webrunner5
10-10-2014, 03:55 AM

Make the race you enjoy.

Really??

baalzy
10-10-2014, 02:34 PM
i dont think endurance and swing was in kunark. also dont think thatll be a part of p99. ??

Stamina per swing was classic (meant enchanter/cleric invigor, aka *zing*, was a useful spell). Although the part you quoted of 'barbarians only ones who didn't tire of swinging' is incorrect. Same would be said of trolls, ogres,dwarves and anyone who buffed their stam stat above 100 (i think, could be a different number). Having no stam also meant you ran slower and couldn't jump.