PDA

View Full Version : Sro ancient cyclops spawn mechanism?

Swiggity
10-07-2014, 04:12 AM
From what I've gathered, Sro AC was patched at some point (earlier this year?) so that he no longer has a static spawn point. However, I haven't been able to tell for sure whether his PHs, or perhaps I should call them his trigger mobs, are also now no longer static spawns. It's my understanding that the Sro AC has a single PH on a 30.6~ min timer, and that, at least prior to the patch, it was a mummy/a desert madman/a dervish cutthroat (barbarian) that spawned a little northwest of the undead tower. So I guess my question is (a) whether the Sro AC's PH still spawns in the same spot, and (b) whether it's the same set of mobs (i.e., mummy/desert madman, etc.).

Thanks!

Ravager
10-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Still a single PH, still the same spawn table, still the same timer, but can spawn in one of several different points in a small area of the desert.

webrunner5
10-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Still a single PH, still the same spawn table, still the same timer, but can spawn in one of several different points in a small area of the desert.

Very well stated and true as far as I have seen.

rollin5k
10-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Pretty misleading info imo. Where is the spot in the sand where he spawns then? I've killed 10+ acs post patch
Maybe more like 6 or so but still

toolshed
10-07-2014, 02:24 PM

And he only spawns at night

FFA mob /w engage-first rules

Probably easier to wait til 41 for OOT spawn

Swiggity
10-07-2014, 03:24 PM

Sorry, I just want to clarify here. You're saying that BOTH the PH and the AC have different spawn points now, or just the AC?

Bboboo
10-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I just want to clarify here. You're saying that BOTH the PH and the AC have different spawn points now, or just the AC?

Not sure but if you're a 31 Wizard you should have no problem killing him.

Whirled
10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Not sure but if you're a 31 Wizard you should have no problem killing him.

icwydt^:D

Thulack
10-07-2014, 03:53 PM

Both.

Swiggity
10-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Both.

OK, so if I understand everything correctly, and my calculations aren't off, the optimal strategy would be to kill the PH at around 11AM by murdering every wandering madman/mummy/barbarian dervish in sight?

Last question: is "a sand giant' also a PH for AC?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Yes

Sancta
10-07-2014, 05:39 PM

This.

Be prepared to have someone running by grab the AC and have the First-to-Engage rule dictate that it's their spawn. The rules favor the sniper. There is a reason you will see higher player activity at 9pm.

Don't bother getting it to spawn, that's my advice.

But if you do, best time is to kill the PH at 11am and 9pm. This way you can have 2 chances per night to spawn him. (One at 9pm and one at 7am.)

My suggestion is to get level 41 and camp OOT. Less headache.

SG can be a PH.

Swiggity
10-07-2014, 05:44 PM
This.

Be prepared to have someone running by grab the AC and have the First-to-Engage rule dictate that it's their spawn. The rules favor the sniper. There is a reason you will see higher player activity at 9pm.

Don't bother getting it to spawn, that's my advice.

But if you do, best time is to kill the PH at 11am and 9pm. This way you can have 2 chances per night to spawn him. (One at 9pm and one at 7am.)

My suggestion is to get level 41 and camp OOT. Less headache.

SG can be a PH.

Thanks.

And yeah, I agree, it would be better to camp the AC in OOT. Unfortunately, I'm a warrior, so I doubt I could solo him until I am in my late 40s; and besides, I can camp the Sro AC during the day while I am doing other things.

EDIT: lol you were right. People come out of the woodworks at 9pm.

Swiggity
10-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Actually one more question: is there only one wandering barbarian dervish? That is, if you see a barbarian dervish, it's definitely the PH?

Sancta
10-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that's how I got him to spawn the last time I did it about 2 weeks ago, the barb dervish.