PDA

View Full Version : Duo Partner | best comp for most PP

Janifer
10-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Hello,

~With the only condition that NEITHER partner may be an Enchanter~

Which two classes would be most viable for leveling together up to 60, and then using their combined strength to farm more PP than a solo Enchanter, or any other duo composition out there?

Please assume that neither of these characters currently have access to high-end gear, so twinking* is fairly limited - not that this point should really affect the answer to the above.

Bonus Q: As far as I know, there are a few methods to earning PP out there... in order of least to most effect these would include Porting, Farming Cash, PLing, Farming Named Mobs(Items). Since the most effective method of earning PP is farming Named Mobs(Items), Enchanters just seem to dominate at earning the most PP solo out of any other class - but what exactly do they farm? Is there a list or could you list the popular Named Mobs and the value of their farmed items(I assume my duo partner and I would be killing these mobs together)?

Thanks!

p.s. I play on Red, but thought I'd give a quick re-post here sake of diversity.

kruptcy
10-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Shaman + Monk gets my vote.

Reguiy
10-08-2014, 04:42 PM
enchanter/enchanter.

In all seriousness. If you wanna duo and you don't have a lot of pp to twink, something like shaman/necro would be good for leveling as well as high end. You can both heal each other (necro heals for free later), so you wont be reliant on crack, you'll be able to charm undead, root/rot, and fear kite.

Bboboo
10-08-2014, 04:53 PM

Probably your best bet for dungeon dwelling, non enchanter.

Byrjun
10-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Monk/Shaman can do fungi king. Pretty sure Monk/Cleric is possible too. Probably better than a solo enchanter doing HS South.

Daldaen
10-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Monk/Shaman yea but so boring :/.

Reconsider Enchanter. Cause Enchanter/Cleric is boss.

Ragefire/Cleric Epic
Spore King
HS South
Monk Epic (thinking Xeno you really want 3 to do him with)
Rogue Epic (don't think General can be duo'd anymore)
SEB Crypt

Basically those are the camps you'll see regularly farmed that yield a decent amount of plat.

maurilax
10-08-2014, 05:08 PM
just to mix it up. Enchanter / Ranger.

Ranger stands at zone in of HS and Seb and enchanter goes and collects loot

But seriously enchanter/cleric.

Edit: didnt read OP. mnk/shm :(

Clark
10-08-2014, 05:28 PM

Byrjun
10-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Enchanter/Cleric

Spore King

How does an enchanter/cleric single pull King?

toolshed
10-08-2014, 05:51 PM
enchanter/enchanter.

In all seriousness. If you wanna duo and you don't have a lot of pp to twink, something like shaman/necro would be good for leveling as well as high end. You can both heal each other (necro heals for free later), so you wont be reliant on crack, you'll be able to charm undead, root/rot, and fear kite.

Shm/necro is a lot more dynamic thank shm/mnk. With a necro, you now have access to amazing snares, fears, and any undead mob will melt in your path.

As other people pointed out - you can point to specific camps that a shm/mnk would do better at, but these are few and far between (and good luck out-poopsocking the guy that is camping him for the last 3 months)

Gotze
10-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Making a character and PLing is better for plat farming if you wish to take that route, many of the camps that are solo / duoable are camped so heavily