PDA

View Full Version : Just how good is Jaundiced Bone BP?

Korben
10-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Hey folks,

Just wanted some feedback on those who use or have used this chest armor. It has quite a bit of AC on it, plus what looks like 18AC from Bramblecoat clicky.

What are your experiences with this? Does anyone use it primarily over fungi? Or possibly is it just used for the clicky AC and then swapped out for fungi for the duration of the AC buff?

It's it a worthwhile investment, or just a toy?

What's the realistic price that people sell these for? Wiki shows 80-225 but I know often times on items in this price range people just like to put it in trade to feel good about themselves or earn another tunnelquest level.

nyclin
10-16-2014, 12:11 PM
It's basically just a toy. The AC buff isn't anything significant, and the stats on it don't really compare to the HP regen that you get from the Fungi.

If you're in a situation where HP and mana regen don't matter, I could see the JB BP being better. But, how often are you in a situation like that?

Korben
10-16-2014, 12:14 PM
It's basically just a toy. The AC buff isn't anything significant, and the stats on it don't really compare to the HP regen that you get from the Fungi.

If you're in a situation where HP and mana regen don't matter, I could see the JB BP being better. But, how often are you in a situation like that?

More or less what I assumed. I figured the very high AC on it might be used for some mitigation while soloing, but really only advantageous when you already have torpor, otherwise that regen on fungi would be much more valued on a fight where mitigation matters.

Byrjun
10-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Nyclin is correct. The AC/DS buff is nice to stack with other damage shields like potions and the Velious DS clicky items when you're soloing. Otherwise you're using a fungi 99% of the time (1% showing off in EC).

webrunner5
10-16-2014, 02:04 PM
AC on here sucks until you get above level 45ish. Then it matters. On a Shaman I do tend to do Melee stats more than Caster stats high level. When Velious come out there will be a lot of toe to toe stuff that lasts a long time. Piss on Mana, well it helps trust me, but I want AC, and Frontal stun Resist. :p:p