PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pals

Buhbuh
10-18-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm sure most of you haven't tried Red99, but we're mostly a good set of folks. Intentionally incendiary toward each other, surely, but that's the nature of PvP there right now. We are actively trying to sort of alter the state of things among the player base though. Make it more appealing or tolerable to casuals n junk.

Anyway, I've heard about Blue's rules and rotation cycles and what not, and, at least from my perspective, I don't enjoy the conceptual foundation of blue - i.e. having to wait turns or being denied things based on who was there first, etc.

I'm a fan of taking things if able. And I know some of you have had those experiences of "god this guy is being a dick. Wish I could nuke him." I have that experience now with people out of my level range.

So basically, it adds something new and different to the game if you're not accustomed to it. Pumice and crimson pots and potions in general become a very big deal. You don't have to accept that other guild's are next for certain things, you just contest them. You can't AFK in game anymore.

So if you find the idea interesting, come on over. Bring some pals. Group exp is insane. There's plenty of guilds and people handing out gear they won't use or sell. It's a good time. And most of us would like to see the population go up. Even half of blue would make the PvP around the entire server constant and competitive and fun. There will always be griefers, and I'd advise not to look at our boards as a source for accurate information or as a representation of what everyone is like there. I'd say 70% of the server doesn't even frequent the boards. Red99 forums are admittedly terrible. But our server is by no means overpopulated. Camps are often easier to camp there than blue provided no PvP is in the zone. Kind of an interesting irony there.

Try us out, pals.

Can PM me questions about the state of the server if you want. I know it pretty well.

I love you

arsenalpow
10-18-2014, 08:18 PM
There will always be griefers, and I'd advise not to look at our boards as a source for accurate information or as a representation of what everyone is like there. I'd say 70% of the server doesn't even frequent the boards. Red99 forums are admittedly terrible.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Tann
10-18-2014, 08:20 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/35d0d74d4b21093a2f3b0925609bd6bf/tumblr_mpi64epN1M1s2byfoo1_500.gif

Briscoe
10-18-2014, 08:33 PM
no care ever

Buhbuh
10-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Already got several PMs. I'd just not post if you're feeling clever or snippy. Works out for everyone.

Swish
10-19-2014, 05:10 AM
Try us out, pals.

I love you

Rated 5*****

http://media.giphy.com/media/4wycNsucv3ofC/giphy.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/sRhIgCDkqMoKs/giphy.gif

webrunner5
10-19-2014, 07:55 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/35d0d74d4b21093a2f3b0925609bd6bf/tumblr_mpi64epN1M1s2byfoo1_500.gif

Nice .gif Tann. My feelings also. :D

Swish
10-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I bet there's at least 10 people who post in this forum who actually log into red but maintain that they're 100% "clean" and don't dabble there.

jpetrick
10-19-2014, 01:16 PM
I'm not your pal, buddy.

GinnasP99
10-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Im not your guy, fwend

GnashingOfTeeth
10-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, not your pal, pal.

Ando
10-20-2014, 10:07 AM
When I tried leveling on red I was followed around and griefed by multiple twink Bards/SKs. To the point where it was impossible to group in multiple zones because they would travel zone to zone and just repeatedly PK everyone. This happened day after day.

If following untwinked newbies around spamming pumice stones is Red's idea of fun then count me out. Never met a group so toxic before as I did on Red.

Your global OOC also makes my eyes bleed from the level of neckbeardery.

Kich867
10-20-2014, 12:15 PM
When I tried leveling on red I was followed around and griefed by multiple twink Bards/SKs. To the point where it was impossible to group in multiple zones because they would travel zone to zone and just repeatedly PK everyone. This happened day after day.

If following untwinked newbies around spamming pumice stones is Red's idea of fun then count me out. Never met a group so toxic before as I did on Red.

Your global OOC also makes my eyes bleed from the level of neckbeardery.

I don't think that's that common. I joined the server yesteray, found a group of level 4's, joined with them, everyone was super nice and excited to be playing on Red. We grinded to level 12 together in just a few hours because the XP was so fast. Some people went AFK for a few hours and came back.

I have most of them on my friend's list now. The OOC chat can be kind of childey. Someone comes on and tries to throw their e-peen around and everyone shits on that person, then someone else comes to do it, then everyone shits on that person. It's kind of an endless cycle, but it's easy to ignore OOC when that happens.

Had a lot of fun on there, probably going to play there from now on. The Low-pop is fine, I kinda just like playing.

nyclin
10-20-2014, 12:19 PM
oh look another thread about rolling on red

in related news, the new borderlands game is pretty fun

Buhbuh
10-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Should play here, it's fun times.

Get to fight over shit, adds different element.

Just turn off ooc, roll with pals. Group exp is pretty swell. Twinks you'll surpass in level range with one day's effort.

Most people that give it a real try to higher level brackets never go back to blue from what I've seen. Just gotta get creative with where you level if twinks are trying to eff you. They're really only in Unrest, MM and CoM.

If you all just wanna kiss on the lips now and get it over with, let me know.

nyclin
10-20-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm playing wilhelm and I like him so far

the new mechanics are kind of fun but I feel like I should have gotten a legendary by now. Oz kits have some fun stats too

Swish
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Had a lot of fun on there, probably going to play there from now on. The Low-pop is fine, I kinda just like playing.

nyclin
10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
you can do so much better swish

Aviann
10-20-2014, 07:37 PM
I bet there's at least 10 people who post in this forum who actually log into red but maintain that they're 100% "clean" and don't dabble there.

Truth!

I logged on the red server the other day, and I kept telling myself "Today is the day you go on red".

Then when I log on and I have 0 characters above level 1, I get discouraged and go back to blue.

toolshed
10-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Have you guys tried Day Z? Pretty fun

Aviann
10-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Have you guys tried Day Z? Pretty fun

Played it for a while, am on Rust now

murcielago200
10-20-2014, 10:47 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168819

Genedin
10-21-2014, 10:41 AM
You should offer free power leveling for newbs coming over from blue. Once you get to level 20 or so the game really opens up and you can find more groups.

Swish
10-21-2014, 10:50 AM
you can do so much better swish

I don't need to though, red sells itself ;)

Barkingturtle
10-21-2014, 11:01 AM
I don't always play Everquest, but when I do it's on Red.

feanan
10-21-2014, 11:08 AM
It's hard to even get mad at these threads, because Red is just that sad.

On the bright side, every sucker you draw to red, even for a few days, makes blue less crowded.

truth...i'd be just as happy if red had the 1k population, and i was in the minority playing on blue.

the majority of people just don't like or care for pvp. period.

Nirgon
10-21-2014, 12:01 PM
No shame in anonymously rolling on red and seeing the xp bonus first hand just to try it.

Has it been mentioned enough people on blue gladly trade their blue plat for red plat at 3 times the value (yes if you get 30k on red you can trade it for 90k blue)? If you started with a group of 6 pals (you can 2box red while you CoH duck or whatever you do) you'd get 51 in probably 2 weeks of pretty minimal effort.

On PvP: I haven't seen 1 group griefed by pvp twinks in Kurns or upper guk. You level out of the range of these people very quickly too, leaving them foaming at the mouth and targetless as you sail into the sweet open camps. There are people who will help new players with ports and binds. Loot and scoot is in effect and is taken seriously, no one can corpse camp you on red anymore (provided you ask for LNS in global ooc and don't talk shit the entire time you're getting your corpse and actually SCOOT from the zone for an hour after looting). The pvp range is 4 levels across the board which is a huge improvement for new players, I cannot stress enough how good of a change this is.

Merkk has finally taken the bait and come over. I'm sure he was very anti red to start. However, the exact same items drop on red, the exact same mobs spawn. If you've never seen half of the dragons regularly, you will see them on red... during prime time.. on time every Sunday while you watch football. I also haven't seen a single item get guild banked when someone on the raid could use it or go to an alt over a main.

Jeremy is another, probably perfect example of what is in store for a (experienced) blue player coming to red. He started out coming to fight the Cancerlord Nizzar which was probably his only motivation and that he was SICK of the blue raid scene. When he started up he asked tons of questions about everything pvp related. He was probably surprised that we often formed groups that didn't always have a cleric/enchanter or otherwise tackled content with the least optimal setup possible (read: actually playing EverQuest). Today? He's got his robe of azure sky on his monk and has tasted more excitement than he ever would have on blue. He's also come to be pretty damn strong on his monk in pvp. It seemed like yesterday he was full of pvp questions on his bard he started up not even carrying pumice stones. My how that all changes if you actually give it a shot. Recently, he yt'd me with a t-staff proc in CoM.. I've never been more proud of someone who took the dive and tried EQ pvp tbh and I hope more people like him come over to both sides of the current war going on.

If you need proof that THE VERY SAME mobs spawn on red and aren't held down by 24-7 neckbearders, go check Verina Tomb's spawn on red... she's often up. That has been locked down since its inception on blue. Vox and Naggy basically just chill in their lairs all day because people are too busy pvping or actually camping the items (in open camps) at the higher end.

Prior to LNS/PnP policy, 4 level range, removal of xp loss on death, "various issues" with previous staff and Haynar tackling issues we've needed since day 1, I can't say this server would have been anything good for a person new to EQ pvp. Things have changed dramatically, it is basically a new server and enough is done to prevent grief without also preventing pvp.

daasgoot
10-21-2014, 12:28 PM
pras nirgon

Kesrin
10-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Should play here, it's fun times.

Get to fight over shit, adds different element.

Just turn off ooc, roll with pals. Group exp is pretty swell. Twinks you'll surpass in level range with one day's effort.

Most people that give it a real try to higher level brackets never go back to blue from what I've seen. Just gotta get creative with where you level if twinks are trying to eff you. They're really only in Unrest, MM and CoM.

If you all just wanna kiss on the lips now and get it over with, let me know.

I am one of these people, I just hit 60 yesterday on my cleric (been on server for about a month and a half,) and I've only been griefed once. Rolling around with my guild and dodging all the holocaust is insanely fun and the fights we've had are great too.

Red adds an entire new challenge to the game. Honestly most of the people I've met here are cool if you can keep from getting upset about dying.

Buhbuh
10-21-2014, 09:49 PM
It would be kind of interesting if a whole blue guild picked up and went to Red to give it a shot. Numbers tend to mean more than anything else, so they'd definitely be a force to reckon with.

Their acumen in PvP would be terrible and they'd die a lot at first, but over time they'd pick up on stuff and become adept at it.

The OP is mostly rooted in that sentiment - that there's a massive amount of the server that's under utilized.

New players have every chance to clear hate and fear and sky because most guilds are busy with other stuff. It wouldn't even be that difficult to gear up. It's not even that hard to farm a VP key.

Whatevs though, it's a thought. Most people don't enjoy PvP, that's cool. Admittedly, most of you haven't tried PvP the way it operates at higher levels - but I get it.

It's pretty fun doing 30v30's for VS. No rotations, just strategy and winning to get the prizes.

Nirgon makes an excellent point about Edward. Nihilum held down the server and its veterans had alt SK's with epics, alt wizards with epics, alt rangers with epics, etc, and they were just able to pick and choose the class they wanted to play each day. And sometimes the other guild got the VP dragons.

I doubt most people on blue are even capable of acquiring that amount of pixels. It's not meant to be a pitch, it's just a different environment with such a low population. Lots of people have PD loots.

It's a challenge. TRY IT OUT FRIENDS

Kich867
10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
So far been really enjoying my time on Red. I got to join someone while they were being powerleveled because being a duo gives +130% experience or so and it was fucking -awesome-.

Some dude killed me, I laughed because he was doubling me for 55 and my DoTs literally weren't moving his health bar, he assures me he'll only kill me once and then logs on his shammy and full buffs me and my pet.

Haven't had a bad experience yet.

I mean he was super pleasant after he killed me, I'm sure there'll be douchebags, but so far the douchebaggery seems to reside mostly in OOC where it's just sort of people poking fun of people that got killed and some people trying to tell everyone -just- how big their dick is.

-- It's also really entertaining to see something happen on the server, then see a thread pop up, then within 20 minutes that thread is 12 pages long.

Swish
10-22-2014, 12:21 PM
3 posts all in a row, all giving pras to red... and suddenly nobody replies for 15 hours.

Weird how the haters suddenly had nothing to say.

Ignore the haters, they're probably people with at least 500k plat on blue who get mad because of blue's inflated economy. The tunnel fatcats don't want you starting on red... they want you grinding 1000s of plat to pay for their overpriced fungis.

If you find yourself LFG for a long time in an overpopulated zone...remind yourself that there's new characters starting on red every day (admittedly some are alts), you could be living the life in Crushbone in no time ;)

jcr4990
10-22-2014, 02:00 PM
prasCan someone explain to me why everyone keeps referencing Pras? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pras

P.S. Seriously though... Where did "pras" come from? What does it mean? Is it supposed to be Praise but people just type it dumb to be edgy?

Mirana
10-22-2014, 02:20 PM
The only reason I haven't rolled on red is spite. I probably would have were it not for these annoying ass posts every day.

Fame
10-22-2014, 03:47 PM
I missed these threads, glad to see someone is still fighting the good fight, thought I would help with one of my faves from back in the day.

blue:
http://i.imgur.com/kh64yyS.gif

RED:
http://i.imgur.com/Xmfwjjc.gif

Sidelle
10-22-2014, 03:58 PM
people just type it dumb to be edgy.
^^This. Same with "moran" and "aw yiss". Can't remember more off the top of my head. :cool:

Buhbuh
10-24-2014, 04:32 PM
bump. take the leap, bros.

Swish
10-24-2014, 05:37 PM
The only reason I haven't rolled on red is spite. I probably would have were it not for these annoying ass posts every day.

Sounds like the kind of person not suited to red. Won't take the leap because of something written on a forum etc.

The forum and the server experience itself are two different things... take blue for example, if you based the server on just what was written on the forums you'd think everyone was super mad 100% of the time and constantly in a camp dispute, petitioning every raid repop and that everyone was using 3rd party software for Ragefire and getting away with it.

Tell me that blue isn't like that?

Mac Drettj
10-24-2014, 07:53 PM
red is the trendsetter of all hip things

blues just cant get enough

Mac Drettj
10-24-2014, 07:54 PM
I missed these threads, glad to see someone is still fighting the good fight, thought I would help with one of my faves from back in the day.

blue:
http://i.imgur.com/kh64yyS.gif

RED:
http://i.imgur.com/Xmfwjjc.gif

Buhbuh
10-25-2014, 07:55 PM
red is the trendsetter of all hip things

blues just cant get enough

Correct.

It's super cool. Like smoking cigs and having your jeans and plain white tee rolled up to show off your not so impressive arms and black boots that no one wears except James Dean.

Also, hot chicks.

They exist somewhere. May or may not be on Red. I can make no promises, but hot naked sweeties could be playing on red.

Also, for the ladies, we have really ugly naked dudes with social problems. Very charming... in an unconventional, antithetical to the concept of 'charming' sort of way.

Clark
10-27-2014, 12:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HAY2Jse.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UdsxrUO.png

Buhbuh
10-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Bump, most important thread in server chat

Swish
10-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Bump, most important thread in server chat

If I get time I'll be doing JC combines again for new starters. You might have to swap some of your blue plat for red with a trader but I'll endeavour to help people who want to give it a go, just get me the metal bars and gems you want to help you get those JC slots filled and I'll combine them for you <3

Buhbuh
10-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Bump, disregard Krazy's post for joining red, has had lvl 20 epic fungi rogue in UR for 2 years griefing noobs.

Holocaust recruiting - all main SKs now have epics, no one to give soul leech to. People brand new getting epics left n right.

Azrael crushed into oblivion, almost full blue server attained.

DO IT BROS

Buhbuh
10-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Holocaust recruiting clerics on Red99. King gauntlets dropped 2 nights ago, were nearly banked (lol).

Come get your fat loots, bros. Play Red, suck your own dick, have a few laughs, bathe in the grease of double downs from KFC with us.

Population is going up. People are enjoying it.

Swish
10-30-2014, 07:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KgLqvsZ.png

Grimjaw
10-30-2014, 12:19 PM
you forgot to sensor his name in your first reply (first reply, third word)

Buhbuh
11-01-2014, 02:09 PM
bump bring pals to red thanks

let's kiss on the mouth to celebrate your decisions to move over

Loadsamoney
11-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I might give it a shot over there as a Ranger. Too much disdain for Rangers (and hybrids in general) on Blue. People can't just let others play the class they want, despite being perfectly fine for end-game.

jcr4990
11-02-2014, 08:05 PM
I might give it a shot over there as a Ranger. Too much disdain for Rangers (and hybrids in general) on Blue. People can't just let others play the class they want, despite being perfectly fine for end-game.Perfectly fine DT sponges and tracking bots you mean.

OldManNoPants
11-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Sure I'll be raped over the coals for asking, but is there a consensus best pvp class?

Buhbuh
11-03-2014, 11:30 AM
You should see the drama over Efreeti War Bows. Windstriker is a game changer here.