PDA

View Full Version : Calling BS on Enchanter BoTb

Tyym
10-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Its funny how the lava guardians in the earlier fights would each go to one player on the platform no matter where they were. But in the 4th round fights for 3 TMO fights in a row, both guardians went straight after the TMO players. Then when it was an IB v IB fight the guardians resumed going to 1 each. There was NO randomness about it.

harnold
10-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes, the gms obviously lied and programmed the wurms differently due to favortism and the issue isn't that your an idiot.

khanable
10-25-2014, 04:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q8mZ0l9.jpg

Frieza_Prexus
10-25-2014, 04:27 PM
It is what it is. It's mostly for fun, and congrats to the winners who played well.

The staff deserves our thanks for giving up their Saturday to run this for us, and it was still a lot of fun. There were some large issues with non-classic mobs that caused an unanticipated amount of randomness, but it was still reasonably fair in the sense that both parties were at the same level of risk to the RNG/Social aggro generator.

Were there issues? Yes, but it was still a good time and thanks to Sirken and Eunomia for putting it on.

Congrats to the winners.

Dagner
10-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Agree with Xasten, congrats to all that participated and I'm happy that after my match that the GMs started giving time for memming spells and appropriate usage of the buff period and asking the contestants if they were ready... Obviously personally I would have like this to happen from the get go but at least we got to have a best of the best.

The RNG of the npcs is random and a lot of good players went down to this, nothing you can do. Hopefully more pvp botb (tactics?!) in the future!!

arsenalpow
10-25-2014, 05:04 PM
https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/b5/7f/f7/b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

Swish
10-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Its funny how the lava guardians in the earlier fights would each go to one player on the platform no matter where they were. But in the 4th round fights for 3 TMO fights in a row, both guardians went straight after the TMO players. Then when it was an IB v IB fight the guardians resumed going to 1 each. There was NO randomness about it.

Those horrible volunteers are taking sides again? tsk.

Aviann
10-25-2014, 05:54 PM
It was a pretty good tournament. Congratz to the winners! The last few fights were particular awesome

Gimp
10-25-2014, 06:03 PM
The RNG of the npcs is random and a lot of good players went down to this, nothing you can do.

This x1000. Was a good botb. Grats to the top 3.

Origin
10-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Who were the top 3?

Gimp
10-25-2014, 06:08 PM
I forget the names of the other two, but Zelina had to go through 3 straight IB members to get to the finals and claim the top prize.

Hats off to her.

Clark
10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Agree with Xasten, congrats to all that participated and I'm happy that after my match that the GMs started giving time for memming spells and appropriate usage of the buff period and asking the contestants if they were ready... Obviously personally I would have like this to happen from the get go but at least we got to have a best of the best.

The RNG of the npcs is random and a lot of good players went down to this, nothing you can do. Hopefully more pvp botb (tactics?!) in the future!!

For sure ya I got a fuckin dual wield one on me + regular so was like three instantly. Ate the crap outta my rune, but still had fun. If any of the mobs were dual wield though they should have been respawned. Other than no consistency on what mobs did or when the second set came into play everything else was great.

The guy streaming definitely shouldn't have afk'd that long though haha. Was afk for nearly 80% of it. Lettin us down Greengoblin! Still fun though thanks for hosting!

knix
10-25-2014, 06:16 PM
I forget the names of the other two, but Zelina had to go through 3 straight IB members to get to the finals and claim the top prize.

Hats off to her Ringer.

fixed it for you

that being said, Ringers are not bad, It just wasn't Zelina, Love her, but it wasn't her.

Argh
10-25-2014, 06:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q8mZ0l9.jpg

Zelina
10-25-2014, 06:31 PM
fixed it for you

that being said, Ringers are not bad, It just wasn't Zelina, Love her, but it wasn't her.

Wanna bet? ;)

Talenos
10-25-2014, 06:34 PM
fixed it for you

Everyone on the stream could see what we all saw. You were trucked by your own guild mate in the first round. Zelina had a well-executed plan which worked out for her at the end. Nobody "gave" her the fights if you were watching.

caleros
10-25-2014, 06:34 PM
lol @ using a ringer... ok who? All of our IB enchanters were in it, she did it on a shitty laptop while on vacation with her husband in a hotel.... She won, she had to go through me(tezl) then hyjal and then those final 3 fights, she didn't even use an RoA, I practiced the fuck out of enchanter pvp and had a great agro strat and I really liked my chances but Zelina used charming, kiting, dispelling, all the things that embody what an Enchanter really is, stuck to the basics. There was a lot of people in the botb trying to just pvp but It came down to playing an Enchanter the best and that's exactly what she did. Using pet for preventing early agro and charming a lava guard in a pressure situation like that was beautiful. Hats off to her, she won in a scenario that you couldn't practice for, yall can be salty all you want but it won't change that it was one of the hardest BoTB's and she is the Phantasmist

Mac Drettj
10-25-2014, 06:41 PM
If u r suprised about this botb, then you clearly didn't watch the first 13.

Zelina
10-25-2014, 06:41 PM
lol @ using a ringer... ok who? All of our IB enchanters were in it, she did it on a shitty laptop while on vacation with her husband in a hotel.... She won

Well actually we left a day late so I could participate and have a decent chance :) so I was at home on my computer.. I am as we speak driving the 4 hour drive out of town..

But I still had to beat some amazing encs!!

Thank you for the support guys!!

<3

Clark
10-25-2014, 06:42 PM
I don't think anyone is mad that Zelina won Caleros. They're saying that there really wasn't any consistency on who the mobs agrod or how soon the waves came/how spread apart the waves were.

I know for example in mine I was attacked by a double clubbed mob that should have been respawned as a regular one; along with a regular mob. :D I was able to proximity kite them to get one off me. Then a second wave came faster than average and 2 more once again double agrod me. Just odd placement compared to other matches. Zelina is good people though, as are the other two winners. Was fun to watch only thing I woulda changed tbh was someone who didn't afk 80% of the stream, and maybe some commentary. Would have been cool to see peoples hp%'s and diff views.

getsome
fixed it for you

Lol , Knix a sore loser and a liar.

Gratz to the three enchanters who came out on top.

Klik
smh idk who i was sparring with yesterday / today if that wasn't Zelina...

well deserved title, i had a blast!

Gratz Z, i'll take the lesser title of #1 iksar ench... it also comes with double prize plat.
:cool:

Nefarum
10-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Congrats Zelina. Well played, and a deserving win.

Talenos
10-25-2014, 07:11 PM
fixed it for you

This might have been the post he was referring to. #salty

lilyanna
10-25-2014, 07:14 PM
fixed it for you

Knix you show how fake you are with this statement. Sorry you are such a bad enchanter and such a bad loser!

Zelina grats on your well deserved win.

knix
10-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Wanna bet? ;)

Well then Gratz Zelina on a great win !!

But, i would like to see you make the statement, "Yes I was on my char for the whole Botb" rather than a statement that could be taken either way. But, I can see why you would not feel that i deserved such a statement.

knix
10-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Knix you show how fake you are with this statement. Sorry you are such a bad enchanter and such a bad loser!

Zelina grats on your well deserved win.

Lilyanna you and getsome can go to hell.

lilyanna
10-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Lilyanna you and getsome can go to hell.

Aww poor knix truth hurts

Gimp
10-25-2014, 07:22 PM
TMO gets slapped around and Knix comes crying to the forums.

Let me tell you how surprised we are.

knix
10-25-2014, 07:25 PM
TMO gets slapped around and Knix comes crying to the forums.

Let me tell you how surprised we are.

Sorry, I like Zelina, and i am not crying one bit, if you look, I said, there was nothing wrong with ringers, and if it was her GRATZ

but i am done here

Thanks to the GM's for putting it on, Glad everyone had fun.

contemptor
10-25-2014, 07:25 PM
fixed it for you

Says Knix, who very likely used a ringer for her last BOTB match but refused to admit it, lol.

knix
10-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Says Knix, who very likely used a ringer for her last BOTB match but refused to admit it, lol.
YES, nothing wrong with Ringers, I think Chest played Myharin in the SK,

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Talenos
10-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Sorry, I like Zelina, and i am not crying one bit, if you look, I said, there was nothing wrong with ringers, and if it was her GRATZ

but i am done here

Thanks to the GM's for putting it on, Glad everyone had fun.

I'm glad everyone had fun on your expense. Your "showing" at the BoTB was a true treasure. Remember those tiny daggers are a key ingredient in summoning a pet.

Fazlazen
10-25-2014, 07:37 PM
fuck, the enchanter botb was today?

knix
10-25-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm glad everyone had fun on your expense. Your "showing" at the BoTB was a true treasure. Remember those tiny daggers are a key ingredient in summoning a pet.

summoning a pet was not crucial in placing well in this botb. Some of it was skill (which i definitely was lacking) some of it was luck. Random fizzle generator, Random location the mobs as they run in, getting that last buff in before time.

Grats to the winners.

Zelina
10-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Well then Gratz Zelina on a great win !!

But, i would like to see you make the statement, "Yes I was on my char for the whole Botb" rather than a statement that could be taken either way. But, I can see why you would not feel that i deserved such a statement.

Yes, Knix I was was on my character the entire botb;)

You can ask my awesome Hubby who wonderfully waited hours for me to finish botb.. So we could head out of town on our vacation...

You can ask any of my guildies I was in ts/guild chat with while freaking out the whole time ..I think all the cheerleading / words of encouragement helped tons!!

You can ask my amazing sparring partner klikz who stayed up late practicing with me for different scenarios (Ty soooo much Klikz <3 ... Without you I would have gone out first round!)

You can ask any of the people who sent me supporting tells during the contest who knew me .. Especially all my ex-guildies in Taken! I miss you guys! <3 (I tried to respond to every tell I got! Sorry if i missed anyone's tell in the excitement)

Will that do? :)

khanable
10-25-2014, 07:41 PM
grats zelina, nice strat on the last fight!

Fazlazen
10-25-2014, 07:43 PM
lets do over imo.

Joyelle
10-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Grats Zelina! <3 you

Stop being so god damn salty Knix

Gimp
10-25-2014, 07:44 PM
summoning a pet was not crucial in placing well in this botb. Some of it was skill (which i definitely was lacking) some of it was luck. Random fizzle generator, Random location the mobs as they run in, getting that last buff in before time.

Grats to the winners.

I completely disagree. Zelina's strategy was to mana sieve the shit out of her opponent, and when LG's came in, her pet would lock down the one that came for her, she would Boltran's and /pet goaway right as Boltran's was landing. It was a flawless strategy that worked perfectly.

I have no problem admitting she beat my ass (although if I had sieve and 55 pet... :p)

Just admit she had a great strat and quit making retarded excuses Knix.

arsenalpow
10-25-2014, 07:45 PM
I think Chest played Myuharin in the SK

I hold two BotB titles. So does Shinko (necro/mage) and Sentenza(SK and ?) I believe.

knix
10-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Yes, Knix I was was on my character the entire botb;)

You can ask my awesome Hubby who wonderfully waited hours for me to finish botb.. So we could head out of town on our vacation...

You can ask any of my guildies I was in ts/guild chat with while freaking out the whole time ..I think all the cheerleading / words of encouragement helped tons!!

You can ask my amazing sparring partner klikz who stayed up late practicing with me for different scenarios (Ty soooo much Klikz <3 ... Without you I would have gone out first round!)

You can ask any of the people who sent me supporting tells during the contest who knew me .. Especially all my ex-guildies in Taken! I miss you guys! <3 (I tried to respond to every tell I got! Sorry if i missed anyone's tell in the excitement)

Will that do? :)

Gratz !! I was completely wrong thinking it wasnt you.

Fazlazen
10-25-2014, 07:47 PM
I hold two BotB titles. So does Shinko (necro/mage) and Sentenza(SK and ?) I believe.

wrong, titles mean you won, bra.

Joyelle
10-25-2014, 07:48 PM
So guys, how does it feel getting owned by a girl in a video game? :p

arsenalpow
10-25-2014, 07:48 PM
wrong, titles mean you won, bra.

whatever, I've won two titles.

Fazlazen
10-25-2014, 07:49 PM
whatever, I've won two titles.

only 1 two time botb champ on this box, bro

arsenalpow
10-25-2014, 07:50 PM
only 1 two time botb champ on this box, bro

Sadad the Crusader
Myuharin the 2nd place sk name that i don't even care about

Zelina
10-25-2014, 07:50 PM
grats zelina, nice strat on the last fight!

Thank you :)

Although I can't take credit for it. I stole it from watching an earlier enc match.

I knew I wanted to switch it up with no pet and hoku suggested that :)

Talenos
10-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Gratz !! I was completely wrong thinking it wasnt you.

And completely wrong her strategy didn't work. Learn from this and enjoy the game.

Conky
10-25-2014, 07:58 PM
congrats! and well played Zelina!

Zelina
10-25-2014, 08:03 PM
So guys, how does it feel getting owned by a girl in a video game? :p

ROFL !!!

Girls ftw!!! *high five* <3

Pheer
10-25-2014, 08:06 PM
wheres my c2 and gmr zelina

knix
10-25-2014, 08:09 PM
And completely wrong her strategy didn't work. Learn from this and enjoy the game.

It seems to me that you are the one who is always bitter and not enjoying the game.

Take care Talenos, Hope you find happiness, if not here somewhere.

Talenos
10-25-2014, 08:20 PM
It seems to me that you are the one who is always bitter and not enjoying the game.

Take care Talenos, Hope you find happiness, if not here somewhere.

Your saltiness was amazing and I'm sure the tears were just as delicious. Thank you for kick-starting my years-old account to post on such an easy thread where you back-track on your statement before you were steamrolled by your own guildie in front of many viewers. The fact I received tell(s!) after you asked who I was in your guild chat makes me chortle.

I wish you the best in life and in-game, Knix, and find happiness where it comes.

Take care.

Mockba1980
10-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Congratulations Zelina ! Well-deserved :)

lilyanna
10-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Grats Zelina :)

captain
10-25-2014, 08:32 PM
So we could head out of town on our vacation...

Zelina steals Huock's lucky ogre grease stained CoF and bounces out of town!! Who is gonna tank Fay now???

Grats on Winning and be ready for the true life story based on some factual stuff coming to a theater near you!!

http://i.imgur.com/GhDqprY.jpg

lilyanna
10-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Zelina steals Huock's lucky ogre grease stained CoF and bounces out of town!! Who is gonna tank Fay now???

Damnit guess whispering needs to step up!!

Ereni
10-25-2014, 08:50 PM
ROFL !!!

Girls ftw!!! *high five* <3

Girls? You mean those things that don't exist right?

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/zach-galifianakis-clapping.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Zelina, Congratulations!

Uuruk
10-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Knix lifetime achievement being a mod on Sirkens twitch and making sandwiches.

Eunomia
10-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Enough...I don't care if you want to bash the event, but enough of people bashing. Heed my warning.

RedXIII
10-25-2014, 09:27 PM
w00t Gratz Zelina <3 \o/

Buhbuh
10-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Eunomia had some old rotten chairs at his/ her house that I was given permission to bash and destroy, and as a symbol of my dislike for this BoTB I didn't watch nor participate in, I destroyed the chairs, and Eunomia then used them for firewood.

I hated this event. I can't believe somebody won it. No words. Except all of the words before these. Other than those, no words.

P.s.comeplayonred99it'sgreat

harnold
10-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Eunomia had some old rotten chairs at his/ her house that I was given permission to bash and destroy, and as a symbol of my dislike for this BoTB I didn't watch nor participate in, I destroyed the chairs, and Eunomia then used them for firewood.

I hated this event. I can't believe somebody won it. No words. Except all of the words before these. Other than those, no words.

P.s.comeplayonred99it'sgreat

Ok now things are getting loony

Rais
10-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Can we have Knix suspended for trolling in server chat please. She had people play her own toons during botb events, and is now here trolling others with baseless lies.

Sirken
10-26-2014, 12:37 AM
Hey nerds, this is not RNF

keep your ranting & flaming out of server chat, or, i will gladly keep 'you' out of server chat.

<3
Sirks

Detoxx
10-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Im very suprised that Faz didnt come out one top. Guy is prolly the best PvPer ive ever seen, no matter what class. Ah well, grats guys!

arsenalpow
10-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Im very suprised that Faz didnt come out one top. Guy is prolly the best PvPer ive ever seen, no matter what class. Ah well, grats guys!

i think he was a no-show

Lazie
10-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Congrats Zelina. Nice work.

Detoxx
10-26-2014, 12:53 AM
i think he was a no-show

That explains that lol, I had that guy to 30% with me at 75% once on his sk vs my warr. he wasnt casting spells cause I mean, I wouldnt even have a shot against an sk, but he got 2 lucky epic procs and...GG.

FU Faz, duel me! hah

Sirken
10-26-2014, 01:06 AM
i think he was a no-show
yup^

congrats to IB, BDA, and Europa on their sexy new titles

Rais
10-26-2014, 01:54 AM
Faz is a beast. He would have won np

Aviann
10-26-2014, 02:43 AM
yup^

congrats to IB, BDA, and Europa on their sexy new titles

:) you're awesome

bluejam
10-26-2014, 07:12 AM

Hats off to her.

our rainbow crew wasn't available - unfortunately.

Archalen
10-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Thank you :)

Although I can't take credit for it. I stole it from watching an earlier enc match.

I knew I wanted to switch it up with no pet and hoku suggested that :)

It was clever; we had a good three rounds :)

Archalen
10-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Enough...I don't care if you want to bash the event, but enough of people bashing. Heed my warning.

It was an extremely legit event; people take this game way too seriously when instead they should be enjoying a free game that gives them a glimpse into the greatness that was Classic EverQuest.

Zelina
10-26-2014, 12:05 PM
It was clever; we had a good three rounds :)

Yea we did!! It was so close also!

I had an audience behind me (hubby and 2 friends waiting to leave town) and I was in ts with about 10 guildies. That last fight, I thought I had lost when I died. Right as I finished zoning I heard my guildies cheering in ts (who were all watching stream) and that is when I realized I had won.. I might have squeaked in excitement...

It was intense and sooo much fun. The event was awesome (even when those duel wielding lava guardians almost ate my face)!!

Thanks to the awesome staff for hosting that event!

Sckrilla
10-26-2014, 01:41 PM
+ Crazyeyes for Rogue BOTB and his Warrior that placed third. Both being his own chars.

Sent placed #1 in two tho and no doubt would have at least placed top 3 in the Enchanter one. Heard he solo's entire guilds on Red.

P.S. Grats Zelina, well deserved!

Swish
10-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Sent placed #1 in two tho and no doubt would have at least placed top 3 in the Enchanter one. Heard he solo's entire guilds on Red.

He should give it a try, you should suggest it :)

Nuktari
10-26-2014, 01:55 PM
any other botbs to look forward to?

Ele
10-26-2014, 02:20 PM
any other botbs to look forward to?

Every class has had its BotB now. Up next should be Test of Tactics! Staff have indicated another round of BotBs sometime after Velious is released.

toolshed
10-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Typical - TMO crying about having to compete on an equal ruleset

I thought the GMs did a great job with the entire event, and it was fun to watch when the camera guy wasnt AFK.

In the future, it would be fun if we could get some commentators going real-time and multiple camera people in the zone just in case one of them has to leave. Just look at how amped-up and exciting League of Legends can be with a little bit of production work.

Aviann
10-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Typical - TMO crying about having to compete on an equal ruleset

I thought the GMs did a great job with the entire event, and it was fun to watch when the camera guy wasnt AFK.

In the future, it would be fun if we could get some commentators going real-time and multiple camera people in the zone just in case one of them has to leave. Just look at how amped-up and exciting League of Legends can be with a little bit of production work.

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread appear.
Second thing I thought was, "I wonder who this anonymous player is."

The tournament was done extremely well and my hat goes off to those who proved to us why enchanter is one of the best classes to have fun playing. I would love to be involved in the helping of making future events more candid.

Archalen
10-26-2014, 03:36 PM

I had an audience behind me (hubby and 2 friends waiting to leave town) and I was in ts with about 10 guildies. That last fight, I thought I had lost when I died. Right as I finished zoning I heard my guildies cheering in ts (who were all watching stream) and that is when I realized I had won.. I might have squeaked in excitement...

It was intense and sooo much fun. The event was awesome (even when those duel wielding lava guardians almost ate my face)!!

Haha, that's awesome! You were a very tough opponent and gave me a beautiful death (lol). I'm glad we could put on a good show and it really was about the most fun I've ever had on this game.

Nuktari
10-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Every class has had its BotB now. Up next should be Test of Tactics! Staff have indicated another round of BotBs sometime after Velious is released.

right on thats cool!

Uuruk
10-26-2014, 04:04 PM
I mean the gms can confirm if these people actually played their chars.

Ele
10-26-2014, 04:23 PM
I mean the gms can confirm if these people actually played their chars.

Can, but don't. There are quite a few self admitted ringer titles out there.

zanderklocke
10-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Prior to account sales ending, were any BOTB titled characters sold?

Off topic, but Gadwin told me he threw the fight in paladin BOTB championship because he wanted the Knight title, which is what he had on live.

Aviann
10-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Off topic, but Gadwin told me he threw the fight in paladin BOTB championship because he wanted the Knight title, which is what he had on live.

Its true, he told me before the tournament that he wanted that title from it. Haha

arsenalpow
10-26-2014, 05:35 PM

now that I call BS, i beat him fair and square

zanderklocke
10-26-2014, 05:46 PM

Only relaying what he told to me yesterday.

You can talk to him about it ha.

Aviann
10-26-2014, 06:21 PM

He was telling me this days before the botb tournament happened. I believe him when he said he tried to throw it towards the end of the fight. No need to get upset, just stating the fact that he told me this days before the test.

Girthro
10-27-2014, 10:51 AM
£10 says Zelina was drunk when she made everyone look silly. Grats girl!

Thulack
10-27-2014, 10:57 AM

Reason why i have my nickname for you :D. Grats hun well deserved

Clark
10-27-2014, 11:00 AM

Can confirm this. Sorry Chest, nice try on CT though!

Sirken
10-27-2014, 11:08 AM
and it was fun to watch when the camera guy wasnt AFK.
do not hate the camera guy. there were 3 people set to record the botb (myself and two others). 2 of them bailed last second and the only person that was online that i also had on skype and i also knew was a streamer was Greengrocer. the event was 30 min away from start, and even though he didnt want to do it because he had RL obligations on saturday, he still was gracious enough to set up his stream an give the community an opportunity to spectate the event live. dont you dare give him grief for doing something he didnt wanna do but did because i begged him to, all so the community could watch.

"Sirken why didnt you stream it?"
Deru had a RL emergency sat morning, which meant i would have to control all the npcs instead in stead of just half, while also hosting the event with eunomia, and also keeping the brackets updated, there was no way i could have streamed and theres certainly no way i could have provided commentary or chat interaction.

Man0warr
10-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Can confirm this. Sorry Chest, nice try on CT though!

edit: this isn't RNF!

Clark
10-27-2014, 11:53 AM
edit: this isn't RNF!

I know that is why I edited it to be more pleasant. :)

----------

which meant i would have to control all the npcs instead in stead of just half

If that is the case you guys should have rescheduled it for a different weekend to promote fairness. I know like 1/3rd into the tournament hardly any of the mobs were split attacking; it was two mobs spawned on one person which at one point became three because one of them was dual wielding and not respawned as a normal mob. Hella fun event, but fair? Hardly, I beg to differ with all due respect of those thinking it was. Sometimes you take what you get, but I really did not know the mobs were GM controlled that's pretty bogus if they aren't able to be evenly distributed.

Archalen
10-27-2014, 12:19 PM

----------

If that is the case you guys should have rescheduled it for a different weekend to promote fairness. I know like 1/3rd into the tournament hardly any of the mobs were split attacking; it was two mobs spawned on one person which at one point became three because one of them was dual wielding and not respawned as a normal mob. Hella fun event, but fair? Hardly, I beg to differ with all due respect of those thinking it was. Sometimes you take what you get, but I really did not know the mobs were GM controlled that's pretty bogus if they aren't able to be evenly distributed.

With well-placed pathing and anticipation you could transfer aggro easily.

Gimp
10-27-2014, 12:21 PM

----------

You wouldn't have gotten a free bye into the round of 8 if it got rescheduled :p

Nirgon
10-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Summoning a pet was a death wish as far as I could tell

Other than that, seemed straight forward

Bash stun RNG from guardians could be a factor too

Everquest tho

Gimp
10-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Zelina summoned a pet every round except for the third match of the final round and ended up winning it all.

Other than her, pets didn't seem to work all that well, agree with that.

Zelina
10-27-2014, 12:35 PM

If you watched all the encs fights.. It looked like all aggro was predetermined when mob became active, but if it passed another mob the social aggro took over .. Or if you rune/bedlam yourself you got all the aggro. It was something I noticed at least .. That is why I kept my eye open when I thought mobs would be inc and why I tried to train around the adds to help social aggro on my opponent.. I noticed others doing the same thing, or even better memblurring the adds.

I think it was completely fair if we were all watching and participating under the same circumstances.. I got my share of duel wielding adds and trained mobs on me also. I blame the duel wielding adds on the encs that gave them the weapons!! :)

£10 says Zelina was drunk when she made everyone look silly. Grats girl!

Surprisingly not!! I was way too nervous to drink!

Don't worry though, I did plenty of drinking after to make up for it!!! <3

Reason why i have my nickname for you :D. Grats hun well deserved

I guess I live up to that nickname yet again! I can't even be mad!!

Clark
10-27-2014, 12:57 PM
If you watched all the encs fights.. It looked like all aggro was predetermined when mob became active

I did watch them all, and what you're saying strengthens my point. Many of the matches I watched the mobs were sent 1 per ench. In many of the later matches, mine included, the mobs were double spawned/sent whatever you want to call it onto one person not split between the two people. They weren't proxy switched on agro (or by a certain spell) that was something I managed to adjust with strafe, but when you eat 2 quads (dual wield that shoulda been respawned as regular) + another mob there is a blatant disadvantage. Just a unbalanced consistency from match to match in regard to NPCs.

Doesn't mean it wasn't fun, an entertaining watch, or that many of the wins weren't great wins. Just from a personal standpoint I would have enjoyed it being more based on skill and strat, not whether or not you had all the mobs spawned on you; or if you could proxy agro/kite the longest. Which was forced as the second wave of mobs seemed to come a bit sooner each time as rounds progressed. As I said in my earlier post I enjoyed it as anything in P99, but finding out that the mobs targets were chosen, but seeing obvious times where both instant engaged one person it was questionable.

Girthro
10-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Surprisingly not!! I was way too nervous to drink!

Don't worry though, I did plenty of drinking after to make up for it!!! <3

My liver is almost ready for the Derpening 2: Derp Harder

Frieza_Prexus
10-27-2014, 01:28 PM
One thing that got a few contestants, definitely myself included, was a severe misunderstanding of the mob mechanics of what we had versus what we expected from botb live research. My death was mostly due to my stubbornness to not adapt to what was staring me in the face. With the lava guardians buffing themselves with a DS, charm became a lot more practicable and dispel proof. I saw that the circumstances were wildly different, but I still acted as if my plan was still viable. Bad move.

I spoke with several enchanters who competed on the live botb, and did a lot of archive.org research, and from what I could find is that 4 mobs were initially spawned, one of each corner, and they were around level 35 (exactly the same strength as inner city guards). However, they were undead and used the undead aggro mechanics of always attacking the nearest person. In addition the initial four mobs would not aggro on you from their starting position as long as you stayed in the middle four squares of the arena platform. If the botb went on too long the GMs would dump several more of the lvl 35 undead in the dead middle of the platform.

Enchantering is about flowing with the unanticipated and a lot of us were victim to over-planning and strict expectation.

Ele
10-27-2014, 01:37 PM
I think it was completely fair if we were all watching and participating under the same circumstances.. I got my share of duel wielding adds and trained mobs on me also. I blame the duel wielding adds on the encs that gave them the weapons!! :)

Congrats on the win, but to address your points about it being completely fair:

Yes, people had equal access to watch the stream, if they wanted.

No, people didn't have equal circumstances. Some enchanters in the early rounds where not given time to even memorize their 8 spells before the fight clock was started. Enchanters started not accepting the GM rez until they memorized their spells. NPCs should have been respawned if they got weapons or mage masks after each fight. There was inconsistency with the buff timing and engage count down timer running before enchanters announced ready.

Better solution than social lava guardians would have been spawn 4x level 35 skeletons (basically town guard with skeleton model), one at each firepot. Have both enchanters start in the center 4 squares. If they leave, then the skeletons would aggro that enchanter based on the enchanters actions/proximity rather than having to be forced #aggro by the GMs. If the fighting goes for more than a minute start spawning new skeletons in the direct center of the platform, until someone wins.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.games.everquest/HizLaT6C7YI/DtQsx0AkYbQJ
That was the Cleric tournament with the red and blue ogre knights.
Go and read the rules page about this one and it states that there will be
an NPC at each of the 4 torches in the corners and also one on each end of
the platform, which after a certain time limit NPCs will start spawing in
the center. If the contestants step out of the center 4 tiles an NPC will
agro on them.

Frieza_Prexus
10-27-2014, 01:48 PM
As an aside, I think they should do a similar event where they just take every enc online and drop them into a fully popped fear with the zone flagged as PVP.

Last man standing wins. :D

iruinedyourday
10-27-2014, 01:58 PM
I did watch them all, and what you're saying strengthens my point. Many of the matches I watched the mobs were sent 1 per ench. In many of the later matches, mine included, the mobs were double spawned/sent whatever you want to call it onto one person not split between the two people. They weren't proxy switched on agro (or by a certain spell) that was something I managed to adjust with strafe, but when you eat 2 quads (dual wield that shoulda been respawned as regular) + another mob there is a blatant disadvantage. Just a unbalanced consistency from match to match in regard to NPCs.

Doesn't mean it wasn't fun, an entertaining watch, or that many of the wins weren't great wins. Just from a personal standpoint I would have enjoyed it being more based on skill and strat, not whether or not you had all the mobs spawned on you; or if you could proxy agro/kite the longest. Which was forced as the second wave of mobs seemed to come a bit sooner each time as rounds progressed. As I said in my earlier post I enjoyed it as anything in P99, but finding out that the mobs targets were chosen, but seeing obvious times where both instant engaged one person it was questionable.

clark doesnt think something is fair? that doesnt sound fair to me.

lmao jk bro

https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/fry-squint-png.138983/

Clark
10-27-2014, 02:28 PM
clark doesnt think something is fair? that doesnt sound fair to me.

http://i.imgur.com/pYxyb7z.jpg