PDA

View Full Version : new duo

drelk001
10-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Hello, my girlfriend and I want to make new characters again to duo and only play when we both can play. I want to be a wizard, so what would be the best duo with wizard?

PS: we both play on Blue

Estu
10-27-2014, 01:05 AM
You should be really sure you want to roll a wizard - as someone who mains a wizard, I can tell you that the class is very limited, rather one-dimensional, often boring, and overall weak.

That being said, if you really want to go wizard, you would probably do best with an enchanter. The enchanter would basically play as though she was soloing - charm a pet and kill stuff - and would help you with Clarity. You would help her with some small DPS in the form of nukes, and CC in the form of snare/root/stuns for stuff like charm breaks or messy pulls. Also, since you'd be grouped, she wouldn't need to worry about the 50% pet EXP penalty, although this doesn't make a huge difference in play-style like in a cleric/enchanter duo since you can't heal her pet anyway.

An alternative would be bard - with JBoots or SoW potions (since you might not always be in selo's range) and a staff of temperate flux, you would be an excellent puller for her to AoE kite stuff down. But most people don't find AoE kiting an appealing way to level and I don't blame them.

mr_jon3s
10-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Classes that go good with wizards are enchanter, magican, necromancer, and druid. Enchanter and druid would be my top pick for duo partner with necromancer then magician.

But really what does she want to do?

Also just putting it out there but as a duo try red. Great exp bonus.

Faiding
10-27-2014, 02:37 AM
Played a wizard as main on live from Velious till VoA. Was an absolutely awful experience until chanter's got KEI.

You're inherently handicapped until you get jboots and tflux staff. The best XP you'll get (while also being useful) is AoEing with an Enchanter. It's dangerous, but it's a lot more exciting than the usual "nuke twice and med for 20 min" rotation.

webrunner5
10-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I think Enchanter is pretty much the ONLY way to go with their Mana regen spells. I know a Bard gets a mana song, but he has to stay in Range to have it effect you, so if he pulls you lose it. A wizard without mana is about as useless as tits on a Boar Hog. :o

Clark
10-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I think Enchanter is pretty much the ONLY way to go with their Mana regen spells. I know a Bard gets a mana song, but he has to stay in Range to have it effect you, so if he pulls you lose it. A wizard without mana is about as useless as tits on a Boar Hog. :o

:D

Swish
10-27-2014, 03:31 PM
PS: we both play on Blue

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/7/31/14/anigif_enhanced-buzz-26564-1375295655-30.gif

The best advice I can think of is to make a good pvp combo on the red server, ask in that forum for more info on what works well <3

Failing that, probably shaman/monk on blue or something... its a common topic with various debates that always erupt about what's actually best.

Play classes you know you'll enjoy.

iruinedyourday
10-27-2014, 04:01 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/7/31/14/anigif_enhanced-buzz-26564-1375295655-30.gif

The best advice I can think of is to make a good pvp combo on the red server, ask in that forum for more info on what works well <3

Failing that, probably shaman/monk on blue or something... its a common topic with various debates that always erupt about what's actually best.

Play classes you know you'll enjoy.

I imagine wizard bard would be a good pvp combo? idk :)

GnashingOfTeeth
10-27-2014, 06:29 PM
I have played many classes, the one I have held off on since live is the Enchanter, and the way things will go on Velious.... that will still be the boss.

Wizzy will pain for mana, Mage will pain for epic and relevance, etc.

Menobank
10-27-2014, 11:14 PM
honestly a good duo is Shm/mnk but if you insist on playing wizard i'd tell you to duo with an enchanter as they will get mana regen and charm (everything)

drelk001
11-10-2014, 01:09 AM
so she has decided to continue playing her ranger, and I have to play catchup with my necro :P

Pyrion
11-10-2014, 07:15 AM
If she really wants to play that ranger, you can do fear kiting with your necro, so that's not so bad as a combo. Best would be a cleric i think. Cleric can fear as well (ranger does the snaring) and with a cleric and the half tank that the ranger is you already have the start of a group, if you want to add others.

If you like your necro, you can do that of course. But you will be limited to wide open spaces where you can fear kite, for dungeons you would have to invite more people... and ranger + necro is not the best start for a group.

coki
11-10-2014, 03:09 PM
ohgod rangers and wizards... 2 worst classes on this server