PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Suggest Any Other 55+ Places to Level

loramin
10-31-2014, 05:38 PM
The Per-Level Hunting Guide has a pretty good list of hunting spots for 55+ characters, but for various reasons (usually faction, crowded-ness, or just slow XP) I haven't found any of them that I really like. So, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has any other places to suggest, particularly out-of-the-way places.

Here's every place I have so far is, along with the downside(s) I see:

Burning Woods:Giant Fort (lots of light blues)
Chardok (AE groups, faction)
City of Mist: 2nd Floor (crowded)
Everfrost: Barbarian guards (faction)
Greater Faydark: Kelethin Guards (faction)
Howling Stones (Charasis) (crowded/hard to get a rez)
Karnor's Castle (crowded)
Kedge Keep (underwater, hard to get a rez)
Neriak Foreign Quarter: Ogres and Trolls (too many HP, slow XP)
Permafrost: Giant Polar Bears (crowded, hard to get a rez)
Sebilis (crowded)
Skyfire (slow XP, damn Chromodrakes)

Have I missed anywhere?

harnold
10-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Sebilis is only crowded if your looking for the big drop camps in prime time, there are still plenty of mobs in the zone to exp, certainly not a crowding problem like it is in karnors, the down side to this zone is the entrance/exit problem for melees requiring an ot hammer

loramin
10-31-2014, 06:12 PM
Sebilis is only crowded if your looking for the big drop camps in prime time, there are still plenty of mobs in the zone to exp, certainly not a crowding problem like it is in karnors, the down side to this zone is the entrance/exit problem for melees requiring an ot hammer

Cool, maybe I'll give Seb another try. I'm a Shaman so having to gate isn't a big deal. What is a problem, when I'm soloing at least, is that the mobs are all clumped. I can split the couples in the front, IF no one else is taking them, but if they are I have a hard time getting further in without getting 3+ mobs on me (and I can't use invis).b

Still would love to hear if there are any other spots out there though.

Argh
10-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Solb is awesome

Tasslehofp99
10-31-2014, 06:40 PM
Solb is awesome

this

zanderklocke
10-31-2014, 06:42 PM
raptors in TD

loramin
10-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Ok, guess I should stop by Sol B first :) Thanks Argh and Tasslehofp99.

I assume you're both referring to the imps there? Last time I was there the fact that everything could see invis made me nervous, but I guess I just have to get out of the habit of camping in the dungeon and instead fight my way back in every time.

raptors in TD
Thanks zanderklocke. I've done them before, and they're decent XP, but I heard they were bugged to have SoW speed; is that fixed now?

Still would love any more suggestions, if only for the guide.

Byrjun
10-31-2014, 07:01 PM
You should be able to solo the imps/elementals at 56 (Paralyzing Earth) as a shaman if you have your epic. Not for the faint of heart or frequent AFKers. Not sure how much the root resist changes have affected that camp though.

Some of the best exp in the game. Faster than Chardok AE.

loramin
10-31-2014, 07:30 PM
You should be able to solo the imps/elementals at 56 (Paralyzing Earth) as a shaman if you have your epic. Not for the faint of heart or frequent AFKers. Not sure how much the root resist changes have affected that camp though.

Some of the best exp in the game. Faster than Chardok AE.

Sadly I don't have my epic (I had been doing Seafuries trying to save up enough to buy one, but I needed a break, thus the search for XP spots). Are imps doable with only a JBB?

Byrjun
10-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Sadly I don't have my epic (I had been doing Seafuries trying to save up enough to buy one, but I needed a break, thus the search for XP spots). Are imps doable with only a JBB?

I'd say no, JBB breaks root. You don't really want to be meleeing these things, they have a huge aggro range and can swarm you. When I soloed there I think I had up to 6 mobs root rotting at a time, although that was due to really pushing the limits and I could have been more careful.

Shaman epic MQ is overpriced, you're better off joining a guild that raids Fear regularly. The tear isn't very rare.

loramin
10-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Shaman epic MQ is overpriced, you're better off joining a guild that raids Fear regularly. The tear isn't very rare.

I know, really I do. Unfortunately I live on the "left coast" and work until 6+ PM (I'm at work now in fact), and I have yet to find a guild that starts raiding at 7:00 PST, so I've resigned myself to paying for my epic.

Tann
10-31-2014, 08:52 PM
I know, really I do. Unfortunately I live on the "left coast" and work until 6+ PM (I'm at work now in fact), and I have yet to find a guild that starts raiding at 7:00 PST, so I've resigned myself to paying for my epic.

Resigned also, most of my play time is at work where i can't group or raid. 1k saved towards that 40K mq+fight :mad:

webrunner5
11-01-2014, 10:23 AM
You really can get the Shaman Epic without being in a Guild. Just do all the lower end stuff and things you need and get on the Forum here and ask for help on the high end harder mobs. There are a LOT of bored 60's on here willing to help out. Probably won't happen in a week but the Epic makes all the difference in the world soloing. :cool:

Nietche
11-01-2014, 10:43 AM
The Hole.

Bboboo
11-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Permafrost Bear pits isn't hard to get a rez at all. Just don't bind yourself in the pits but upstairs before the drop (http://i.imgur.com/CAMcZG0.jpg). If you die jump down and drag your corpse under the hole and gate back up. You should be able to drag your corpse upstairs then run to zone.

Heavydrop
11-02-2014, 11:20 AM
I know what you're going through.
As a self proclaimed "Kedge-a-holic" I will say that it is a druid's "wet dream"....
Soloing there as a shaman I'm not sure how that works....
Worried about getting a rez there? understandable...
Get a Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap and get out quick (actually get 2)
Then set up your own recharge guy.

Clark
11-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Solb is awesome