PDA

View Full Version : Use the Velious beta as a team building exercise between Class C and Class R guilds

toolshed
10-31-2014, 08:01 PM
A LOT of the Blue99 server problems can be solved by the release of Velious: abnormal amount of twinks, bored level 60s who would rather ForumQuest than play the game, and an abnormal amount of level 60s.

The situation between Class C and Class R guilds is toxic. There is no trust between class C/R guilds, so when conflict arises it immediately goes to the extreme. Just look at the amount of stress that is caused on a weekly game because these people simply cannot work together.

If this was an office, HR would be called in and team building exercises would be used to help mend the relationship. All sides actually have a lot in common with each other (despite the rhetoric), and working together for a common goal would help all parties see that.

Everyone wants Velious to come out, so why not use this unique opportunity to work together to achieve a common goal?

Class C and R guilds should set aside one night a week, make characters on the beta server, and actually group together. People from separate guilds and C/R grouping together, on the same voice chat, to achieve the same goal. This will help build relationships outside of the constant pissing contest that is Blue99 right now. Just imagine it: BDA and TMO, IG and Taken, all grouping together. Ideally every guild from class C/R would participate. A giant PUG that would help solve the servers problems and actually accomplish something

Once these relationships are made, and people meet the humans behind the forum account or character, conflicts are more easily solved in the future. Maybe we won't need 40 page threads constantly shitting up server chat because of menial problems.

Thulack
10-31-2014, 08:12 PM
You do realize that people from all guilds group together on a regular basis. And most people that dont like another guild will agree that they dont mind 90% of that guild. But its always a certain few that they don't like.

Byrjun
10-31-2014, 08:40 PM
We've raided with Taken and The A-Team on beta before. No one is against working together, it's just rare that the schedules of two groups of 30-40 people match.

Argh
10-31-2014, 08:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WEEQqjY.png

Secrets
10-31-2014, 10:29 PM
There is a difference between testing raid content with a massive zerg and testing individual quests that need to be fixed and researching plus evaluating classic versus live discrepancies.

Also, you're forgetting the real reason why people join these guilds, they want the loot and could care less about the people around them as long as they constantly get it. I guarantee everyone doesn't care if John Doe is leading the guild or Jane Doe is an officer as long as loot is trickling in.

Testers are a special kind of people and the only thing that will actually help the team, most likely, is if you get all those guilds together and start recording and documenting quests as working or not working, have them start camping common camps in velious to confirm loot as dropping, etc - then I can believe that such a thing is actually useful.

It's a novel idea but no amount of community effort is going to change these people or make them want to work together. THAT BEING SAID, I'm not opposed to having the next forced repop say, "The ground shakes and a voice whispers, 'Go on the Velious beta and test content instead of raiding NPCs', as many dragons and other lordly creatures commit suicide."

Byrjun
10-31-2014, 10:37 PM
I hear that argument a lot, but the simple truth is a lot of stuff is being tested on the beta server. In fact a lot of people are just waiting on a new patch to see if the currently broken stuff gets fixed. Feels like nearly everything is fixed, pending update.

As an example, we've done EToV twice this week and the pathing is horrendous. But a post that says "the pathing in EToV is horrendous" isn't really good information. It's kind of difficult to bridge the gap between testing and showing the devs what needs to be fixed without that dev presence. Although I think we're going to try to get Alunova to witness the pathing next time we do ToV. As another example, wurms are still sorta immune to melee push, which was reported pretty much as soon as the beta server launched. PoG loot is still pretty messed up. Threads reporting missing quests are getting closed on the forum, yet those quests are still missing on the server.

It appears the player testing is outpacing development. And don't confuse this with me complaining about the speed of development, I'm not. But when the speed of testing is outpacing development, it doesn't make much sense to scream "go test more stuff!"

jpetrick
11-01-2014, 01:13 PM
I never had pathing problems in EToV, what are you guys doing different from me?

Byrjun
11-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I don't know, we were just pulling and clearing trash. I saw mobs pathing through walls, dropping through the floor, at one point a mob just got stuck because it didn't know how to path through one of those "dips" in the floor. It was just sitting there vibrating.

Buhbuh
11-01-2014, 02:02 PM
come to red thanks i love you bros

Thulack
11-01-2014, 09:46 PM
There is a difference between testing raid content with a massive zerg and testing individual quests that need to be fixed and researching plus evaluating classic versus live discrepancies.

Also, you're forgetting the real reason why people join these guilds, they want the loot and could care less about the people around them as long as they constantly get it. I guarantee everyone doesn't care if John Doe is leading the guild or Jane Doe is an officer as long as loot is trickling in.

Testers are a special kind of people and the only thing that will actually help the team, most likely, is if you get all those guilds together and start recording and documenting quests as working or not working, have them start camping common camps in velious to confirm loot as dropping, etc - then I can believe that such a thing is actually useful.

It's a novel idea but no amount of community effort is going to change these people or make them want to work together. THAT BEING SAID, I'm not opposed to having the next forced repop say, "The ground shakes and a voice whispers, 'Go on the Velious beta and test content instead of raiding NPCs', as many dragons and other lordly creatures commit suicide."

See that reason is exactly why i DONT join some guilds. The loot isnt worth dealing with the people in the guild.

Aviann
11-01-2014, 10:07 PM
See that reason is exactly why i DONT join some guilds. The loot isnt worth dealing with the people in the guild.

qft

Nietche
11-02-2014, 12:48 PM
You do realize that people from all guilds group together on a regular basis. And most people that dont like another guild will agree that they dont mind 90% of that guild. But its always a certain few that they don't like.

This is true.