PDA

View Full Version : Extremely pissed AC camp rant ensues

Ducket
11-09-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't like to resort to this type of thing but....

I am name shaming these people for corpsing and attempting to monopolize the AC spawn in OOT.

Nukku - 14 corpses neatly arranged on the far side of the AC island. We all probably know who this guy is.

Secondtonone - Good job on ignoring multiple people who asked you about a list only to ignore them and add your guildies as they came up. Also to note, he claimed that everyone who asked him about the list who wasn't added never asked even though myself and the others asked him multiple times only to be greeted with silence.

I sat at the spawn with another person for 6+ hours and Secondtonone apparently never even added us. Only his friends/guildies.

Name shaming because this is a piece of shit move and he also has corpsed rings in the water around the island.

I'm now to the point where I would rather just see this spawn deleted. Bring back the Karana AC spawns and let it not be something people can have such an easy time camping. It's just being monopolized by people who can gain control of it.

END RANT

edit: move to rants and flames forums plz

Sajan
11-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Rants and Flames is that way ------>

arsenalpow
11-09-2014, 06:42 PM
nukku pretty much holds it at super odd hours when server pop is ultra low

Ducket
11-09-2014, 06:44 PM
I'll say that I don't really mind nukku all that much because I never see him during peak hours. The only thing I don't like seeing is 14 corpses line up that seem like obvious ring corpsed bodies.

It's the peak hour attempts at monopolization that make me sick to my stomach.

arsenalpow
11-09-2014, 06:49 PM
I'll say that I don't really mind nukku all that much because I never see him during peak hours. The only thing I don't like seeing is 14 corpses line up that seem like obvious ring corpsed bodies.

It's the peak hour attempts at monopolization that make me sick to my stomach.

That's almost every camp tbh, you ever tried to camp crypt or king in Seb? I get it though.

Ravager
11-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Just remove jboots, sow and selo's imo. Also snare everyone. Rename the game to EverTrek. Make it happen Devs.

Faron
11-09-2014, 07:04 PM
try red because you can just kill him etc....

Man0warr
11-09-2014, 07:10 PM

That's because they are corpsed rings. But he pretty much only MQs them to guildie's alts and he camps AC at weird hours so I doubt he was monopolizing the camp from anyone.

Latege
11-09-2014, 07:18 PM
I thought corpsing items was getting fixed, per the other thread?

toolshed
11-09-2014, 07:25 PM

Hard for anyone to reference or talk about it being a real rule when it never made it into the Play Nice Policy

Ducket
11-09-2014, 07:26 PM

Seems all it did was create list monopolies aka controlled corpsing.

Bboboo
11-09-2014, 07:35 PM
You can still corpse tho right? I mean as long as he isn't recamping AC after killing it while someone is standing in line.

Also fixing EQ with unclassic stuff such as removing spawns ect... is dumb as hell, get that WoW mentality outa here.

Technique
11-09-2014, 07:40 PM
try red because you can just kill him etc....#blueworldproblems

Swiggity
11-09-2014, 07:43 PM
You can still corpse tho right? I mean as long as he isn't recamping AC after killing it while someone is standing in line.

Not sure what GMs' position on this is, but intuitively it seems like nothing would be wrong with monopolizing/corpsing so long as nobody else is waiting for the spawn. The only argument against this that I can think of is that when people see someone monopolizing a spawn, they may just leave rather than try to assert their rights.

Dillian
11-09-2014, 07:46 PM
corpsing items is classic like a Vlasic imo

BardPop
11-09-2014, 07:55 PM
#blueworldproblems

Littlegyno 10.0
11-09-2014, 08:09 PM
u guys cud just come to red99 and quit being night riding fire giants

Widan
11-09-2014, 08:17 PM
corpsing items is classic like a Vlasic imo

Corpsing items is not classic. In classic items on corpse counted against the lore check.

Also this:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1652719&postcount=9

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The next person on the camp list had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.

Though it hasn't been formally added to the rules

Pitborn
11-09-2014, 08:19 PM
try red because you can just kill him etc....

Swish
11-09-2014, 08:20 PM
The tide is turning, not this many people were quoting red comments a few months ago <3

Uuruk
11-09-2014, 08:28 PM
play red

HOLOCAUST IS CROOTIN

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▓▓▀▀██████▓▄▒▒░░░
░░░▀░░░░░░▀▀▀████▄▒░░░
░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▓▒░░
░▌░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░▐█▓▒░░░
░▄▓▀█▌░▀██▀▒▄░░░▐▓▓▓▒░
░█▌░░░░░▀▒░░░▀░░░▐▓▒▒░░
░▌▀▒▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▒░░
░▒▄█████▌▒▒░░░░░░░▒▌▒░
░░▓█████▄▒░▒▒▒░░░░░▐░
░░▒▀▓▒░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▄░
░░▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▓░░
░░████▄▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▒░░▐░░
░░░▀██████▓▒▒▒▒▒░▐░

Whyt
11-09-2014, 08:29 PM
As an avid camper of the ring myself (and a very courteous and play nice camper might I add you)... I hope that this all can be resolved... The list thing is getting out of hand ... When I camp it I keep a hot keyed list to let anyone know who's next and so forth and so on ... when I first come up to a person camping the AC and ask to get on the list ... Once the person tells me I'm next or in line after so and so... I make sure I have their text visible, I do a /time, and then I take a screenshot of everything so I can prove it if it escalates to a gm situation. You could also kinda do this if you were being ignored and do /time when you asked and then after so long without an answer do a /time again ... I dunno if this would actually work but either that or run FRAPs I guess ... Just my 2 cents.... Hope this can reach a conclusion ... I myself in all honestly hope corpsing gets removed (and this is coming from someone who has done it before). Play safe all. Thanks for your time.

Sidelle
11-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Should name the guild too for fullest name & shame effect for those of us who don't know who these people are.

Whyt
11-09-2014, 08:38 PM
when someone has a list, ask em to say what names are on it.
you will notise atleast half of them are not even online and the rest are not even in zone.
a certain guild has had the habit to add their entire guild to the list as soon as one gets on it, even if their members are not even loged on for the day...
so yes OOT AC, is being tranix'ed

On this case I would get the person telling me names , then do a /who all soandso in another chat window and take screens if I suspected foul play

Ducket
11-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Should name the guild too for fullest name & shame effect for those of us who don't know who these people are.

I don't want to shame the entire guild because some of the people in the guild who do AC are actually good people.

It was just Secondtonone's shenanigans that pissed me off to the point where I just said f-it and logged off after sitting there for 6 hours assuming I had been listed.

Also, I had been on lists with Second in the past but he was never the person who was actually managing the list. So it seemed to me that once he had control of the list he was taking advantage of that and only adding people he chose and ignored others with the silent treatment. I can name three of those people who he ignored too because they were sitting there with me and talking to me after the fact.

Bazia
11-09-2014, 09:00 PM
need to have a law degree to attempt to camp AC

lol

toolshed
11-09-2014, 09:01 PM
when someone has a list, ask em to say what names are on it.
you will notise atleast half of them are not even online and the rest are not even in zone.
a certain guild has had the habit to add their entire guild to the list as soon as one gets on it, even if their members are not even loged on for the day...
so yes OOT AC, is being tranix'ed

More realistic scenario is the person never responding to your tells. Don't know why this is always suggested when a person who is RMT camping items is obviously not going to be playing by the rules and will do anything in their power to keep the camp

Ducket
11-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Screw it, I am shaming the guild as well because they have been rotating on the AC for at least the past 3 days if not more. Secondtonone is back after he either sold or corpsed his ring somewhere.

There are currently 3 of them sitting at the AC spawn and Second just got a ring earlier, but I can almost assure you they are in a monopolization rotation right now.

The guild is "The Illuminati" Those currently attempting to monopoly are Dilaxzar, Secondtonone, and Torakun.

I really wish people would catch wind of this and not buy their JBoots, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Anyways, lets try and end this BS monopolization of camps and help get this server off its greedy shit path it is currently on.

Raghnar
11-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Graevin,

Send a tell next time. Stopping by and saying "Who is on the list" and then sitting down and invising isn't the same as asking to be put on list. Try that the next time you pop into Outback and just ask what the wait time is and don't ask to be called.

Secondtonone is pretty good about adding folks to the list who ask to be on the list. He will also skip a guildee or friend who can't make the next PH on their turn and pass the camp to the person after them when it happens. He follows the rules as he understands them.

Nobody in <The Illuminati> is breaking the camp rules. Feel free to petition it if you feel different.

Torakun Mourningwood

edited to add the anon turds name

Exmo
11-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Corpsing items is not classic. In classic items on corpse counted against the lore check.

If this is true, find proof and bug report it. I'm sure they will happily fix this super fast.

Ducket
11-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Graevin,

Send a tell next time. Stopping by and saying "Who is on the list" and then sitting down and invising isn't the same as asking to be put on list. Try that the next time you pop into Outback and just ask what the wait time is and don't ask to be called.

Secondtonone is pretty good about adding folks to the list who ask to be on the list. He will also skip a guildee or friend who can't make the next PH on their turn and pass the camp to the person after them when it happens. He follows the rules as he understands them.

Nobody in <The Illuminati> is breaking the camp rules. Feel free to petition it if you feel different.

Torakun Mourningwood

edited to add the anon turds name

You can defend yourselves all you'd like but he flat out ignored multiple people when they asked about the list and I myself asked multiple times over the course of an hour or two and was ignored every time.

Also, please don't talk to me about following rules and shit like that when you are corpsing rings and coming back to be added to your list again right away.

Edit: My Graevin account is unable to post to the forums because of an issue with verification so I'm not trying to fool anyone with a different forum account name.

Uuruk
11-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Screw it, I am shaming the guild as well because they have been rotating on the AC for at least the past 3 days if not more. Secondtonone is back after he either sold or corpsed his ring somewhere.

There are currently 3 of them sitting at the AC spawn and Second just got a ring earlier, but I can almost assure you they are in a monopolization rotation right now.

The guild is "The Illuminati" Those currently attempting to monopoly are Dilaxzar, Secondtonone, and Torakun.

I really wish people would catch wind of this and not buy their JBoots, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Anyways, lets try and end this BS monopolization of camps and help get this server off its greedy shit path it is currently on.
Same guild thay had players banned for RMT? You don't say.

Ducket
11-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Same guild thay had players banned for RMT? You don't say.

Really? I didn't know that... Kind of makes me a little more curious about all this.

khanable
11-09-2014, 10:36 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71943&postcount=29

Raghnar
11-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Nobody that I know of in <The Illuminati> has ever been banned for RMT.

Second tabbed through all of his tells and you were nowhere to be found bud. He has been on for over 30 hours continous and never received a tell from you. Care to try again?

There is nothing wrong with being added to the end of a list after you corpse an item. The rule says you can't corpse it to keep the camp. QQ more.

toolshed
11-09-2014, 10:53 PM
We should have a server wide general strike for all these RMT camps

1k for jboots
10k for fungi

fastboy21
11-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Nobody that I know of in <The Illuminati> has ever been banned for RMT.

Second tabbed through all of his tells and you were nowhere to be found bud. He has been on for over 30 hours continous and never received a tell from you. Care to try again?

There is nothing wrong with being added to the end of a list after you corpse an item. The rule says you can't corpse it to keep the camp. QQ more.

Apparently, the only reason to play nice is if there is a "play nice policy" rule that forces you to do so.

I guess the rules should change to reflect the never ending ass-hatery some folks on this server are drawn towards like a pig to poop.

Winter
11-09-2014, 11:02 PM
hello my name is Tsol I know AC camp is a PITA to get and getting AC to spawn can be even more frustrating then after you got your ring and rapier you goto RM and kill PH's for 3 hours to get Brother Z, you are damn, so the next day you do killing of Hasten PH for a few hours Brother Z again, you get brother Z a few days in a row (has happen to me alot) then Hasten you are like YAY!

there was no real point to that story FYI

I am sure many of you guys seen that Gnome chick that sits at AC camp days on end. well unlike my story above I have a point to make, If you don't care about getting AC and you are doing it just for fun like me then all this drama is meaningless I get to AC I sit down ask for the list and ask to be placed on it at the end of my 10 hour playing session I may get the camp I may not, I even might get a stroke of good luck and get AC which in turn sell really cheap in EC or even cheaper to my guildies for their mains, alts, whatever. so just get AC not caring if you get the camp or not

fastboy21
11-09-2014, 11:08 PM
hello my name is Tsol I know AC camp is a PITA to get and getting AC to spawn can be even more frustrating then after you got your ring and rapier you goto RM and kill PH's for 3 hours to get Brother Z, you are damn, so the next day you do killing of Hasten PH for a few hours Brother Z again, you get brother Z a few days in a row (has happen to me alot) then Hasten you are like YAY!

I am sure many of you guys seen that Gnome chick that sits at AC camp days on end. well unlike my story above I have a point to make, If you don't care about getting AC and you are doing it just for fun like me then all this drama is meaningless I get to AC I sit down ask for the list and ask to be placed on it at the end of my 10 hour playing session I may get the camp I may not, I even might get a stroke of good luck and get AC which in turn sell really cheap in EC or even cheaper to my guildies for their mains, alts, whatever. so just get AC not caring if you get the camp or not

just say no to drugs.

zanderklocke
11-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Just FYI.

"Illuminati" was a raid guild some of you are confusing RMT with, although I don't think there actually was any RMT committed in this guild. This is not the same guild as "The Illuminati" who is currently the guild involved with the AC dispute. These are two separate guilds.

Uuruk
11-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Just FYI.

"Illuminati" was a raid guild some of you are confusing RMT with, although I don't think there actually was any RMT committed in this guild. This is not the same guild as "The Illuminati" who is currently the guild involved with the AC dispute. These are two separate guilds.

Correct, my apologies.

Faiding
11-09-2014, 11:35 PM

Just smoke pot and surf to end global warming and terrorism brah

toolshed
11-09-2014, 11:40 PM

Sounds better than camping a mob in a fucking video game to pay rent lmao

Ducket
11-10-2014, 12:08 AM

Corpsing is highly frowned upon on the server to begin with.

This is the kind of rule bending shit that makes me sick to my stomach. You make it seem like it is okay to corpse an item just so you can get back to that list before anyone else come's along to put you further behind.

You want to know what I do? I go sell my damn item before I try and come back. I will not stoop to that level and corpse just to get ahead of others who may come by. But you know what? It doesn't even matter because lists don't mean jack shit since the rules on this server are vague and twisted up by shitheads like you.

Lists? Mean nothing... Some dude could come along and dishonor the entire list and just start calling his buddies and ignoring others after he gets the camp (Seems familiar).

Troubled
11-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Someone give this dude a jboot.

Teako
11-10-2014, 05:42 AM
Someone give this dude a jboot.

qft. All I read in this thread is "i wanted it but he was there first and had the camp i wanted this isn't fair omg'

Thiefboy777
11-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Get rid of MQs

Ravager
11-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Get rid of MQs

This. Can't argue classic mechanics when the server already has non-classic mechanics implemented because of abuse.

Korben
11-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Corpsing is highly frowned upon on the server to begin with.

Is this one of those things you just make up and state as fact? Because it seems like it is. I don't see the 'highly frowned upon acts' in the server rules or FAQ.

Lists? Mean nothing.

If you would kindly do a search of these forums, or come here for anything other than to make 2 cry baby RNF posts in server chat, you'd see that there's very specific rules regarding camps and lists. I'll let you do your own research on this one since you should read it in full and not out of context, and it will completely destroy your entire pity party post about the mean no good very bad jerk list keepers.

Faiding
11-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Honestly, the OP has a right to be pissed.

As a new player, it's virtually impossible to have a chance at jboots without quitting your job, leaving your SO and moving into mom's basement. Who has 6+ hours to spending waiting on a list, just so you could potentially spend several more hours waiting for it to spawn?

The "it's classic" is a tired excuse. EQ was released in March 1999 and "classic" EverQuest was gone by April 2001 with Luclin. With an added bonus, the Run3 AA severely diminished the importance of jboots. Yes, this was an issue on Live years back. But it wasn't an issue for very long...

But ultimately, who cares? I'm not paying a subscription fee to play P99, so it's hard to complain too much, anyway.

Korben
11-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Honestly, the OP has a right to be pissed.

As a new player, it's virtually impossible to have a chance at jboots without quitting your job, leaving your SO and moving into mom's basement. Who has 6+ hours to spending waiting on a list, just so you could potentially spend several more hours waiting for it to spawn?

The "it's classic" is a tired excuse. EQ was released in March 1999 and "classic" EverQuest was gone by April 2001 with Luclin. With an added bonus, the Run3 AA severely diminished the importance of jboots. Yes, this was an issue on Live years back. But it wasn't an issue for very long...

But ultimately, who cares? I'm not paying a subscription fee to play P99, so it's hard to complain too much, anyway.

If you think Jboot is that tough I feel bad for you son.

I can't tell you how many times I've waltzed over there and found it open, or AC spawned and the camper AFK for 20+ minutes with AC just being a boss strutting his stuff.

Also, there's easier camps with less maintenance required that can bag you 7k and you just go buy the MQ.

Walth
11-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Also all this list nonsense is wildly inaccurate.

On two separate occasions GM/Guide has told me that there is no list - the holder of the camp decides its fate and my have a list of one person to hand it off to when the time comes.

Korben
11-10-2014, 10:40 AM

On two separate occasions GM/Guide has told me that there is no list - the holder of the camp decides its fate and my have a list of one person to hand it off to when the time comes.

And this anecdotal evidence was before or after the post about this 3ish weeks ago?

Also, there's other camps if the guy there doesn't seem like he's going to cooperate.

12point
11-10-2014, 10:42 AM
SRO

GinnasP99
11-10-2014, 11:00 AM
To rub some salt in the wound, jboot speed isn't even that good =)

Derubael
11-10-2014, 11:11 AM

confirmed lists do not exist. Each person who takes over the camp gets to pick, when they take control, who is next.When I say "when they take control" I'm assuming there is someone asking about who's next right after they occupy the camp. Once they've chosen a person to be next, and made that choice known, that choice cannot be changed.

you can still theoretically create a list, based around that rule-set, but the rules for hand-offs themselves don't actually acknowledge that lists can exist.

Troubled
11-10-2014, 11:30 AM
If you think Jboot is that tough I feel bad for you son.

I got 99 problems but runspeed ain't one.

Daldaen
11-10-2014, 12:11 PM
For 7k you can get 70 SoW potions. That's 700 doses of SoW. Or roughly 350 hours of being SoW'd.

Now factor in all the times you're near a druid, shaman or ranger and don't have to use your own potion but instead you can ask them. Then remember you will be running 20% faster than anyone using JBoots. If it is for an alt especially, no real reason to have JBoots. Even on my 60 cleric I don't think I've went through more than 10 SoW potions.

On my 46 bard who I've kited from 18-25 and 30-46, using a SoW potion every time, I've gone through maybe 3-4.

Tl;dr - JBoots overrated.

GinnasP99
11-10-2014, 12:17 PM
For 7k you can get 70 SoW potions. That's 700 doses of SoW. Or roughly 350 hours of being SoW'd.

Now factor in all the times you're near a druid, shaman or ranger and don't have to use your own potion but instead you can ask them. Then remember you will be running 20% faster than anyone using JBoots. If it is for an alt especially, no real reason to have JBoots. Even on my 60 cleric I don't think I've went through more than 10 SoW potions.

On my 46 bard who I've kited from 18-25 and 30-46, using a SoW potion every time, I've gone through maybe 3-4.

2 chars with jboots, still carry 10dose potions on them. They're nice to have banked also if you should happen to die

Korben
11-10-2014, 12:21 PM
2 chars with jboots, still carry 10dose potions on them. They're nice to have banked also if you should happen to die

Most subtle red crootment post this week

Ravager
11-10-2014, 12:23 PM

Can't beat that instant cast though.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Sounds fun :p

Korben
11-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Sounds fun :p

You get out of here mister

coki
11-10-2014, 03:05 PM

I can second this! These guys have been poopsocking jboots for a month now, and aren't particularly nice either... just let them burn out on one of the shittiest ways to make money in this game ever since sro was fixed (it will happen eventually...maybe?)

Lictor
11-10-2014, 03:42 PM

I can second this! These guys have been poopsocking jboots for a month now, and aren't particularly nice either... just let them burn out on one of the shittiest ways to make money in this game ever since sro was fixed (it will happen eventually...maybe?)

Why would illuminati, whoever the hell that is, do it any different? This 5 year old mentality on sharing starts at the high end raiding scene and trickles down. They can only poopsock what that can, whether it be jboots or MQ epics.

coki
11-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Never said they should do it different only that they are doing it? and to let them burnout on it cause they will

Uuruk
11-10-2014, 03:49 PM
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▓▓▀▀██████▓▄▒▒░░░
░░░▀░░░░░░▀▀▀████▄▒░░░
░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▓▒░░
░▌░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░▐█▓▒░░░
░▄▓▀█▌░▀██▀▒▄░░░▐▓▓▓▒░
░█▌░░░░░▀▒░░░▀░░░▐▓▒▒░░
░▌▀▒▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▒░░
░▒▄█████▌▒▒░░░░░░░▒▌▒░
░░▓█████▄▒░▒▒▒░░░░░▐░
░░▒▀▓▒░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▄░
░░▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▓░░
░░████▄▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▒░░▐░░
░░░▀██████▓▒▒▒▒▒░▐░

join today.

Korben
11-10-2014, 03:52 PM
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▓▓▀▀██████▓▄▒▒░░░
░░░▀░░░░░░▀▀▀████▄▒░░░
░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▓▒░░
░▌░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░▐█▓▒░░░
░▄▓▀█▌░▀██▀▒▄░░░▐▓▓▓▒░
░█▌░░░░░▀▒░░░▀░░░▐▓▒▒░░
░▌▀▒▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▒░░
░▒▄█████▌▒▒░░░░░░░▒▌▒░
░░▓█████▄▒░▒▒▒░░░░░▐░
░░▒▀▓▒░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▄░
░░▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▓░░
░░████▄▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▒░░▐░░
░░░▀██████▓▒▒▒▒▒░▐░

join today.

At this point I'm pretty sure the R99ers just post their recruitment spam at random.

Apparently R99 is the answer to all of Blue's problems, with the exception of all of Blue's problems.

krforrester
11-10-2014, 05:35 PM
I am curious, and not intending to troll, but is there a rule against just sitting at the camp and waiting for the current camper to leave (presumably after getting the ring or even to sleep) and then take over even though someone else showed up (presumably someone on the "list")?

Korben
11-10-2014, 05:36 PM
I am curious, and not intending to troll, but is there a rule against just sitting at the camp and waiting for the current camper to leave (presumably after getting the ring or even to sleep) and then take over even though someone else showed up (presumably someone on the "list")?

If the person shows up and was on the list, you cannot take the camp / stake your claim to it.

iruinedyourday
11-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Derubael chimed in on this subject and made very clear rules, see image below and a link to the thread where it was posted: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168939&highlight=tranix

http://i.imgur.com/ka7y9RS.jpg

It sucks I know that you have to remain present at a merb in order to rightfully get your spot if you think that someone is going to try to pass you over - but I'm sure that not going to happen unless you're encountering a dick and contrary to popular belief there are less dicks on this server than there are fine people. So if you do encounter a dick, at least you can follow these rules to rightfully get your turn at the camp.

Walth
11-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Actually, from my interpretation (and Deru can verify or not) but as he stated earlier, the camp holder can hand it off to whomever he likes.

If someone showed up to AC and asked if they could be on list, if the camp holder says that "bob" is next, then Bob gets the camp as long as he is present for the next ph/named spawn - regardless of you waiting there at the spawn.

Is this accurate Deru?

Asap
11-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Just do what I and everyone else does and buy the MQ

iruinedyourday
11-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Actually, from my interpretation (and Deru can verify or not) but as he stated earlier, the camp holder can hand it off to whomever he likes.

If someone showed up to AC and asked if they could be on list, if the camp holder says that "bob" is next, then Bob gets the camp as long as he is present for the next ph/named spawn - regardless of you waiting there at the spawn.

Is this accurate Deru?

It does say exactly that in Deru's quoted post yea. You dont have to be there in line if your friend is camping it, but if your not there within a reasonable amount of time after the following PH spawns then the person waiting at the spawn can take it. (but I am not deru, however deru did answer that in the quoted text) http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168939&highlight=tranix

The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

What he is saying is, if AC spawns.. and the person who is coming to rep the dude who just kiled it is on their way.. and a PH spawns.. you can take the camp from him.. however he does state that, if you chose to do it after a couple minuets, rather than say giving the guy 3 or 4 spawns before you said, 'ok this is getting ridiculous, I am going to take the camp' then they would tend or most likely side with the person on the way to the camp. Be reasonable, in other words.

If you immediately are like, "DAVES NOT HERE MAN, MINE! ITS MINE! I OWN IT NOW!" they may end up giving it to Dave when he arives 5 or 6 minuets later and you are stuck in an inevitable, "we couldn't work it out" petition.

Derubael
11-10-2014, 07:55 PM
It does say exactly that in Deru's quoted post yea. You dont have to be there in line if your friend is camping it, but if your not there within a reasonable amount of time after the following PH spawns then the person waiting at the spawn can take it. (but I am not deru, however deru did answer that in the quoted text) http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168939&highlight=tranix

The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

What he is saying is, if AC spawns.. and the person who is coming to rep the dude who just kiled it is on their way.. and a PH spawns.. you can take the camp from him.. however he does state that, if you chose to do it after a couple minuets, rather than say giving the guy 3 or 4 spawns before you said, 'ok this is getting ridiculous, I am going to take the camp' then they would tend or most likely side with the person on the way to the camp. Be reasonable, in other words.

If you immediately are like, "DAVES NOT HERE MAN, MINE! ITS MINE! I OWN IT NOW!" they may end up giving it to Dave when he arives 5 or 6 minuets later and you are stuck in an inevitable, "we couldn't work it out" petition.

This is 100% dead on and correct in every way.

Thiefboy777
11-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Fuck buying the MQ.

MQs are bullshit and need to go away, MQs are the only reason people act like fucksticks and corpse no drop items....obviously the same go's for corpseing Lore items.

No drop and Lore were put in for a reason...but the unemployed have found ways to cheat the system.

SamwiseRed
11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
id love to see MQs go away. brad himself said level 10 running around with epic doesnt sound right. it is not in-line with the vision of classic.

remove recharging as well

oh and if you wanna end the rmt business or seriously cripple it then make mosr raid loot no drop. trak BPs, ect. obvious solutions but not classic.

Skinned
11-10-2014, 09:29 PM
I thought this as going to be about armor class...

Pint
11-10-2014, 09:30 PM
P99 slowly overtaking Disney as the greatest place on esrth

Tankdan
11-10-2014, 09:32 PM

I totally agree with handing it off to your guildmate/friend/etc.. but if you tell him to come and then you log before they arrive then, screw that, horrible ruling in my opinion. Wait for your pal to get there to replace you, or the guy sitting there should get it every time. When I hand a camp to a guildy, I even sit there with him for the next PH just to make extra sure there are no hand-off issues.

If nobody is at the camp, and the last guy logged for the night, then the camp should be forfeited, regardless of who is on the way, that's my 2cents.

fastboy21
11-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I totally agree with handing it off to your guildmate/friend/etc.. but if you tell him to come and then you log before they arrive then, screw that, horrible ruling in my opinion. Wait for your pal to get there to replace you, or the guy sitting there should get it every time. When I hand a camp to a guildy, I even sit there with him for the next PH just to make extra sure there are no hand-off issues.

If nobody is at the camp, and the last guy logged for the night, then the camp should be forfeited, regardless of who is on the way, that's my 2cents.

I agree. If you log off or leave before the person you want to give the camp to gets there then it isn't a hand off; its a fumble.

Derubael
11-11-2014, 12:25 AM
^ You guys realize that the rule specifically states, quoting my post:
The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt

toolshed
11-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Nobody is going to reference some random post on the forum as a rule. You need to change the Play Nice Policy if you think anything is ever going to clear

Derubael
11-11-2014, 12:30 AM
^I'm well aware of this, and have stated as much... possibly within this very thread.

There's a lot to do and I just haven't been able to fit it in somewhere - it will likely not go into hte PnP, but instead in a Stickied "Server Rules - Miscellaneous Errata"

Edit: That rules post is actually quoted and/or screenshotted I think two or even three times in this thread though, so anyone responding has no excuse for missing it =P

toolshed
11-11-2014, 12:34 AM
The last time I quoted from the play nice policy you told me that I should apply to the TMO lawyer squad, so interesting to see you so happy that people are quoting it

A lot of these camp issues can be solved by Velious coming out. That should be the main focus of every possible player and guild

Tankdan
11-11-2014, 12:53 AM
The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives

they may end up giving it to Dave when he arives 5 or 6 minuets later and you are stuck in an inevitable, "we couldn't work it out" petition.

This is 100% dead on and correct in every way.

Yes but those ^ seem contradictory. Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking its late.

maestrom
11-11-2014, 01:38 AM
The situation he's describing is...

Camper A has the camp and intends to hand it off to Camper B (in another zone).

Camper C shows up. Camper A gets his item and stays at the camp until Camper B arrives.

Camper B does as he should and drops whatever he is doing and bee lines it to the camp.

Before Camper B can get there, Camper C - fully away that Camper A intends to hand the camp off to Camper B - attempts to take camp and kills placeholder that has been up for a minute or two. Before too much time has passed (single digit minutes), Camper B shows up.

It seems in this situation that the GMs/Guides are inclined to rule on the side of Camper B. He was a few minutes late but in a camp like AC there are things like boats that have to be considered. This has potential to lead to confusion and arguing but so does every other rule.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2014, 02:34 AM
This..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rym5unx0ZCo

..is what all camp disputes in eq would look like if they happened IRL

Orruar
11-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Solution: Go camp something else for the 7k and then buy a MQ. Even if you get the AC camp immediately, it's quicker to farm the cash to buy the MQ.

salimoneus
11-11-2014, 03:20 AM
id love to see MQs go away. brad himself said level 10 running around with epic doesnt sound right. it is not in-line with the vision of classic.

MQs existed back in the day and thus are classic by definition. Even though they may not have been supported, they did work. Someone's "vision" is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what actually was.

toolshed
11-11-2014, 04:12 AM
MQs existed back in the day and thus are classic by definition. Even though they may not have been supported, they did work. Someone's "vision" is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what actually was.

Bring back /guildwar then

fastboy21
11-11-2014, 04:20 AM
This..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rym5unx0ZCo

..is what all camp disputes in eq would look like if they happened IRL

that dude plays on red. that's why i play on blue. :p

Derubael
11-11-2014, 05:45 AM
The last time I quoted from the play nice policy you told me that I should apply to the TMO lawyer squad, so interesting to see you so happy that people are quoting it

A lot of these camp issues can be solved by Velious coming out. That should be the main focus of every possible player and guild

I wanted to respond to that post so badly. "Applying to join the TMO lawyer squad" means throwing every possible interpretation of a rule - regardless of whether or not it really applies - and hoping something sticks. I had an answer to all the points you made, just never had time to type it all out (it was a long and impressive post, and I get a sick enjoyment when people try to lawyer my own rules and the way they are written)

Yes but those ^ seem contradictory. Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking its late.

I think it's late. I don't really see where the confusion is coming in. His post never mentions the original camp holder leaving the camp - just that the camp would likely get handed to "Dave" (the person who was supposed to be up next, but is running a few minutes late) instead of "frank" (the guy who jumped on the first PH after the handoff was supposed to occur)

SamwiseRed
11-11-2014, 10:08 AM

Well in that case we should implement all the bugs aND exploits that were in classic. MQing and recharging are bugs imo or at least unintended mechanics. It's obvious for anyone with half a brain epics weren't meant to be aquired by level 1s.

Epic quest was never meant to be epic buy.

buffmagnum
11-11-2014, 10:18 AM
I am Phry, I do not camp AC but did...twice.

The problem seems to be population, greed, popularity/nessesity of the item, and rarity of AC spawn. Can we resolve this? Did Changing the SRO spawn help? Could we bring that back and the one in Karana to help--- and when is Velious comming out? I don't think we will change people being greedy or trolling. Seems like any rules that get changed will only make matters worse for people w/o the boots.

I have heard rumors of a new server with a correct time line some time after Velious. Will we have the same problem there with no solution?

If someone who does not like me would agree then I know I'm right.

webrunner5
11-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Well in that case we should implement all the bugs aND exploits that were in classic. MQing and recharging are bugs imo or at least unintended mechanics. It's obvious for anyone with half a brain epics weren't meant to be aquired by level 1s.

Epic quest was never meant to be epic buy.

Yeah , but nothing ever works like the original Devs thought. RMT and Plat sales hell were even on ebay for years till they banned it. I am sure Sony had a hand in that. Player Auctions took over and still does well. It all boils down to money talks in this game just like in real life. Ain't going to change trust me. :D

SamwiseRed
11-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah , but nothing ever works like the original Devs thought. RMT and Plat sales hell were even on ebay for years till they banned it. I am sure Sony had a hand in that. Player Auctions took over and still does well. It all boils down to money talks in this game just like in real life. Ain't going to change trust me. :D

oh for sure. I won't argue that. People will always look for shortcuts.

beev
11-11-2014, 12:43 PM
I know I'm probably hugely underestimating the amount of work/time/resources this would take but what if there was a new server created in which being able to corpse items and MQ is eliminated. All the people that don't like dealing with that crap can move to a server they deem is more fair.

Yeah, I know, we are trying to be "classic" here but it looks like the general population doesn't even wan't classic when it comes to farming items.

This way all the unemployed folks can poopsock items to their hearts content only to find that no one is online to buy their crap anymore. What would be the biggest complaint if being able to corpse and MQ items was gone, I wonder?

Locust
11-11-2014, 01:20 PM
What would be the biggest complaint if being able to corpse and MQ items was gone, I wonder?

that it's not classic, and (copy and pasting my post from the poll thread)

if a guild member manages to find the AC camp open and wants to monopolize it in order to get their guildies booted, that's their prerogative

as is someone who wants to spend their life mindlessly killing PHs to corpse rings for MQ

just because it doesn't agree with your expectations of what a positive experience should be, doesn't mean there should be a rule against it

once you get jboots, whats next? unfair that hierophant is perma camped? tranix? seb king? epic mobs? kunark dragons? vp?

there's a game that caters to people with your opinion of a positive experience

everquest live

the best part about this server is none of our opinions matter

praise nilbog

praise game developers who have a creative vision and stick to it

feanan
11-11-2014, 01:58 PM
All those saying its not classic....

was the fingerbone hoop nerf classic?

Sometimes you just gotta do things for the good of the server.

salimoneus
11-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I have heard rumors of a new server with a correct time line some time after Velious. Will we have the same problem there with no solution?

I sure hope so, it's the only way to experience Velious geared appropriately, as opposed to having your 4th epic'd alt with gear from farming top loot for years.

Will we have the same problem there with no solution?

Yes when Velious plays itself out the same problems will exist but to a lesser degree. But that's more related to the server end of life since Velious is as far as they are going. Then you either close up shop or start over again.

Or you could implement another welfare program like they have done on the current server, since it's basically the same as what the government does: print more money and give handouts to the "poor".

beev
11-11-2014, 02:33 PM
To be honest, I probably will never camp something if there is already someone in the spot or is just about to leave. I find my time is better used in just farming plat. So this whole issue doesn't really apply to me. I find this game enjoyable even if you have the no-lifers taking up camps for months.

I appreciate the idea that we want to keep everything the way people remember it back in 1999 but it feels like there are certain aspects of this game back then that really sucked and do more harm than good, such as corpsing and the rampant MQ Market driving people to perma-camp content.

Would the majority of players prefer there to be no way to corpse items and MQ? I think they would. I personally am happy I can pay for an MQ item because I have a wife and 4 kids - ain't nobody got time for camps.

douglas1999
11-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Or you could implement another welfare program like they have done on the current server, since it's basically the same as what the government does: print more money and give handouts to the "poor".

lol

skipdog
11-11-2014, 02:50 PM
the best part about this server is none of our opinions matter

praise nilbog

praise game developers who have a creative vision and stick to it

qft. this server would be such a shitfest if 'popular opinion' ruled.

myriverse
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
To be honest, I probably will never camp something if there is already someone in the spot or is just about to leave. I find my time is better used in just farming plat. So this whole issue doesn't really apply to me. I find this game enjoyable even if you have the no-lifers taking up camps for months.
^ This is me. I stopped giving enough shits back in 2005.

I appreciate the idea that we want to keep everything the way people remember it back in 1999 but it feels like there are certain aspects of this game back then that really sucked and do more harm than good, such as corpsing and the rampant MQ Market driving people to perma-camp content.
The sucky stuff is all just part of the concept.

And we are all Mongos-- just pawns in Rogean & Nilbog's game of 15-yr-old elf pixels.

Jfertal
11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
All those saying its not classic....

was the fingerbone hoop nerf classic?

Sometimes you just gotta do things for the good of the server.

ivandry's hoop.

And No one did recharging in classic dude. Maybe a small fraction of the community even knew about that stuff.

kaev
11-11-2014, 04:09 PM
ivandry's hoop.

And No one did recharging in classic dude. Maybe a small fraction of the community even knew about that stuff.

Yeah, for a long time vendor recharging was not talked about openly for fear of the nerfbat.

douglas1999
11-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Game mechanics that are technically "classic" historically, but that are fostering a very un-classic environment given the 2014 knowledge base among the server population at large, should be seriously examined and removal of said mechanics should at least be considered.

Maybe put it up to a vote or something, cause level 1s with epics and item recharging being standard guild policy and lore item corpsing were nowhere near this prevalent on live during the classic era, and it stands to reason all of these things would have been nerfed by verant were they so widely abused back then.

Buellen
11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
wow just wow

People need to stop looking at their memories and stating "IT WAS NOT PREVALENT WHEN I PLAYED ON LIVE or whatever words you want to think of"

Guess what it was done one live. People (said no lifers or whatever term you want to use) would find ways to corpse lore items. I personally would place ac rings on bodies throughout ocean of tears and south ro. "oh dude did it drop ?" tell random person on list my response Sorry no. Then i would go run to "sell" and make a corpse and come back to my camp.

We have only one server not 5 to 20 server to spread the neck beards about so this behavior is MORE noticeable here.

Deruable and other Staffers have stated on many occasions that it does not matter how many people get pissed about the classic nature of this server. They will make changes or not NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE LEAVE OR GET THEIR PANTIES IN A TWIST.

Pringles
11-11-2014, 05:07 PM
We recharged the hell out of many things on live, most notably: Staff of Forbidden Rites. We definitely did *not* talk about it though, and i know many people didnt know about recharging because of it, but we used the hell out of them all the way up till when I quit (in GoD). They were huge time savers...

Laugher
11-11-2014, 07:02 PM

coki
11-11-2014, 10:48 PM
wow just wow

People need to stop looking at their memories and stating "IT WAS NOT PREVALENT WHEN I PLAYED ON LIVE or whatever words you want to think of"

Guess what it was done one live. People (said no lifers or whatever term you want to use) would find ways to corpse lore items. I personally would place ac rings on bodies throughout ocean of tears and south ro. "oh dude did it drop ?" tell random person on list my response Sorry no. Then i would go run to "sell" and make a corpse and come back to my camp.

We have only one server not 5 to 20 server to spread the neck beards about so this behavior is MORE noticeable here.

Deruable and other Staffers have stated on many occasions that it does not matter how many people get pissed about the classic nature of this server. They will make changes or not NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE LEAVE OR GET THEIR PANTIES IN A TWIST.

They have made plenty of changes to classic mechanics such as the ivandys hoops ect.... Thankfully this server won't see AAs because the first month wizards guilded up and went around ManaBurning raid targets from 100% to dead in less then 60 seconds, this happened on my server and said wizard guild would offer their manaburning services for plat or loot like a mercenary

Doors
11-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Roll red, kill douchebags, take camp.

You people are brain dead playing here I swear. 4 years on kunark and jboot MQ perma camped jesus.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2014, 11:01 PM
4 years on kunark and jboot MQ perma camped jesus.

dont forget everyone still breaks mez and its been 15 years ffs

Korben
11-11-2014, 11:13 PM

You people are brain dead playing here I swear. 4 years on kunark and jboot MQ perma camped jesus.

True, other people constantly attempting to murder me for my camp makes things much better, I'm glad you were able to put that in perspective for me.

OfftuneRZ
11-12-2014, 12:17 AM
All these carebear camp rules make me lol. Why not just roll red and duke it out like men?

Byel
11-12-2014, 01:02 AM
I don't get it, instead of you mental rejects begging us to play on your shitty miniature server, help yourselves out and go add some life to your server.

iruinedyourday
11-12-2014, 01:18 AM
All these carebear camp rules make me lol. Why not just roll red and duke it out like men?

Real men dont play eq son

Jimjam
11-12-2014, 05:13 AM
I engaged AC on red server with my ranger in his 30s. Was a slow kite... made slower by the two people who zoned in and started fighting me for it.

Still, I came closer to getting a ring on red than I ever did on blue!

But the 'just kill the douchebags' argument for red doesn't really stand to scrutiny, because if you are trying to gear up while levelling up there is a good chance the douchebag farmer will have way better gear than you and more levels and will just come and kill you when you have the camp ;). This does make the red server more interesting but take this as a fair warning disclaimer :D.

Doil_Boil
11-12-2014, 07:36 AM

As long as they're within 4 levels.

Also, no item loot because that's mean.

Honestly I would be more inclined to play red if it were less cuddly wuddly and more like the original Rallos.

fishingme
11-12-2014, 10:33 AM
I wanted to respond to that post so badly. "Applying to join the TMO lawyer squad" means throwing every possible interpretation of a rule - regardless of whether or not it really applies - and hoping something sticks. I had an answer to all the points you made, just never had time to type it all out (it was a long and impressive post, and I get a sick enjoyment when people try to lawyer my own rules and the way they are written)

I think it's late. I don't really see where the confusion is coming in. His post never mentions the original camp holder leaving the camp - just that the camp would likely get handed to "Dave" (the person who was supposed to be up next, but is running a few minutes late) instead of "frank" (the guy who jumped on the first PH after the handoff was supposed to occur)

If it was suppose to be handed to me next, then it should just go to the next person in line. I have no need for jboots.

Korben
11-12-2014, 10:35 AM

Till the guy you killed calls in 5 friends and butt fucks you out of the camp and you still don't get the camp. Oops!

fishingme
11-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Till the guy you killed calls in 5 friends and butt fucks you out of the camp and you still don't get the camp. Oops!

red server seems to have a bunch of tools playing on it. My brother recently started on red and he keeps mentioning twinks with fungi tunics wrecking groups. My only thought to that was the carebear attitude that was put into this red server with being unable to loot equipment that is worn from enemy players. I'd definitely play red pvp if 3 or more random pieces of equiped gear would drop off players you killed. If people decided to continue to wear their twink gear for pvp, good for them, if they didn't then it would be more fair to just start up on the server instead of being with the original 70 players that have been playing their since server start.

Korben
11-12-2014, 10:49 AM
red server seems to have a bunch of tools playing on it. My brother recently started on red and he keeps mentioning twinks with fungi tunics wrecking groups. My only thought to that was the carebear attitude that was put into this red server with being unable to loot equipment that is worn from enemy players. I'd definitely play red pvp if 3 or more random pieces of equiped gear would drop off players you killed. If people decided to continue to wear their twink gear for pvp, good for them, if they didn't then it would be more fair to just start up on the server instead of being with the original 70 players that have been playing their since server start.

Agree 100%, the restrictions on Red make it a joke. Can only kill within a few levels and no item loot... so what you're saying is a level 30 twinked to the tits has nothing to lose by griefing your toon all day, and is borderline unstoppable by casual scum? Sounds appealing.

Jimjam
11-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Track how many pvp kills a player has made since he was last pvp killed. That would be how many items can be looted off the corpse.

System would be open to abuse (occasionally have a friend reset your pvp counter by killing you) but it would be fun providing lots of raid loot to new starters if they get lucky and kill a twink but at the same time prevent them from having their hard earnt junk pilfered. ... okay idea sucks as is non-classic; don't implement!

I just remembered back to my story of trying to kite the AC on red with my ranger... it was actually a twink in my level range trying to kill me and a higher level / out of range druid that was healing him and there to help him kill/loot the ancient.

I couldn't take down the twink with the out of range guy helping him out so snared the twink and left the zone to go find xp. I ended up in Rathe Mountains killing giant skeletons and regular Cyclops until the SK and his druid pimp came to zone to find Hasten but they instead found and killed me... doh!

Was frustrating but fun. Obviously the event has carved itself into my memory.

Korben
11-12-2014, 11:12 AM
So the moral of the story is Red is better because you get fucked out of your camps by twinks with high level healers, lose your camp, leave, and then get killed by them later after you've moved on?

BRB I feel compelled to roll on Red

Glenzig
11-12-2014, 12:01 PM
So the moral of the story is Red is better because you get fucked out of your camps by twinks with high level healers, lose your camp, leave, and then get killed by them later after you've moved on?

BRB I feel compelled to roll on Red

AC camp now serving ticket number 1,255. Ticket 1,255, you now have access to the camp.

Swish
11-12-2014, 12:16 PM
AC camp now serving ticket number 1,255. Ticket 1,255, you now have access to the camp.

That's training for the raid scene later on :p

Thatt
11-12-2014, 12:46 PM
My question is this- is there a dollar amount that we could come up with that would make the devs give us an identical server to p99blue with the single exception of not allowing mq's? I realize you can't charge subscription fees without breaking the law, but surely there could be a "minimum initial donation" to get it started and a "minimum monthly donation" to keep it online.

I don't see the point in arguing a case for removing mq's from p99, it's simply not going to happen, however, much of the game for many of the players is ruined by mq's, and I for one would gladly help keep that aforementioned new server funded.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not talking about a minimum donation per player.. I'm talking about a minimum total contribution that would have to come from players in general. All players would be free to play on this server regardless of whether they donated or not.

fadetree
11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
My question is this- is there a dollar amount that we could come up with that would make the devs give us an identical server to p99blue with the single exception of not allowing mq's? I realize you can't charge subscription fees without breaking the law, but surely there could be a "minimum initial donation" to get it started and a "minimum monthly donation" to keep it online.

I don't see the point in arguing a case for removing mq's from p99, it's simply not going to happen, however, much of the game for many of the players is ruined by mq's, and I for one would gladly help keep that aforementioned new server funded.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not talking about a minimum donation per player.. I'm talking about a minimum total contribution that would have to come from players in general. All players would be free to play on this server regardless of whether they donated or not.

No.

Asap
11-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Every thread turns into joining red, I love it

Genedin
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
If you played on Red you wouldn't have these problems.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
11-12-2014, 05:26 PM
red server seems to have a bunch of tools playing on it.

/thread

Genedin
11-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Blue server full of 100% saints and nice pals that are willing to share camps and pixels?

I'm on the wrong server dang.

webrunner5
11-12-2014, 05:50 PM
This is how I feel about the the AC situation on here. Insert your name for Britney Spears. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc#t=54

Glenzig
11-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Blue server full of 100% saints and nice pals that are willing to share camps and pixels?

I'm on the wrong server dang.

Of course haven't you been keeping up with the recent server posts? No issues on blue at all!

Buellen
11-12-2014, 07:58 PM
They have made plenty of changes to classic mechanics such as the ivandys hoops ect.... Thankfully this server won't see AAs because the first month wizards guilded up and went around ManaBurning raid targets from 100% to dead in less then 60 seconds, this happened on my server and said wizard guild would offer their manaburning services for plat or loot like a mercenary

Yes they have made game balance changes toward raids , but guess what corpse lore item is not GAME BALANCE for raids. Entire raid environment are not being affected by a few neckbeards sitting on a camp for days on end in some extreme cases.

IF you feel that person camping jboot is not following the rules as put forth in this thread and the 2 or others with similar discussion THEN petition it. WORST case the staff will tell you person is following rules best case you get the camp.

Pudge
11-12-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't like to resort to this type of thing but....

I am name shaming these people for corpsing and attempting to monopolize the AC spawn in OOT.

Nukku - 14 corpses neatly arranged on the far side of the AC island. We all probably know who this guy is.

Secondtonone - Good job on ignoring multiple people who asked you about a list only to ignore them and add your guildies as they came up. Also to note, he claimed that everyone who asked him about the list who wasn't added never asked even though myself and the others asked him multiple times only to be greeted with silence.

I sat at the spawn with another person for 6+ hours and Secondtonone apparently never even added us. Only his friends/guildies.

Name shaming because this is a piece of shit move and he also has corpsed rings in the water around the island.

I'm now to the point where I would rather just see this spawn deleted. Bring back the Karana AC spawns and let it not be something people can have such an easy time camping. It's just being monopolized by people who can gain control of it.

END RANT

edit: move to rants and flames forums plz

Get to playing red. Spawn is often open. If not, you get to pvp over it. Or you could just buy a pair, the MQ is only 3k

Dhalsim
11-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Easy fix. Camp Hasten and make sure he doesn’t breathe more than 30 seconds of Norrathian air. Decent exp no?

Faiding
11-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Easy fix. Camp Hasten and make sure he doesn’t breathe more than 30 seconds of Norrathian air. Decent exp no?

I have a cure for world hunger. Lets just kill everyone that's hungry.

Clark
11-12-2014, 11:24 PM
I don't get it, instead of you mental rejects begging us to play on your shitty miniature server, help yourselves out and go add some life to your server.

not gonna lie that was funny

iruinedyourday
11-13-2014, 12:48 AM
on Red red, red you red red! ... red.

kaev
11-13-2014, 12:54 AM
on Red red, red you red red! ... red.

Yes, yes, we understand. Take two blue pills and ...

iruinedyourday
11-13-2014, 12:55 AM
I was camping the AC like for 6 hours once and red the ph red spawned twice in a red row red then red red, red red. red red 3 red red! times red red red.

red red, a red red.

maestrom
11-13-2014, 01:49 AM
I was camping the AC like for 6 hours once and red the ph red spawned twice in a red row red then red red, red red. red red 3 red red! times red red red.

red red, a red red.

Should have red red. Then you just red red and PVP and red red cry blues.

Clark
11-13-2014, 02:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l9tiEH1.png

How many red does it take to red a red?

yevea
11-13-2014, 03:39 AM
its funny because they don't know

webrunner5
11-13-2014, 04:38 AM

red red, a red red.

Sounds like you NEED to back down some on those pills and booze. You are getting a little, well maybe a lot, like a Neckbeard on Red.:eek: Next thing you know you will be hanging cats and cutting the balls off of little male rabbits. Red does that to you. :( A lot of sick puppies on there. :p

yevea
11-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Sounds like you NEED to back down some on those pills and booze. You are getting a little, well maybe a lot, like a Neckbeard on Red.:eek: Next thing you know you will be hanging cats and cutting the balls off of little male rabbits. Red does that to you. :( A lot of sick puppies on there. :p

There is a Sickpuppy, but his fungi'd epic'd <Unrest County Sheriff> alt got deleted awhile back. Now Red is almost completely free of twink gankers once you level out of Crushbone in 2 hours. The only notable one remaining around CB uses a Sarnak Tabard.

I get that most everyone that forumquests is tired of hearing about Red, but majority of us are former Blue players that left for reasons outlined in this thread, and several other over populated issues. It's really nice being able to log in, form a group, and go to literally any camp for xp or loot. We do Fear / Hate clears when we feel like it, not when we're allowed to once a month.

The population sounds small when you compare it to Blue, 1100 vs 220 the other night, but that means there aren't waiting lists that span 5+ hours, no camp list that cycles one person's friendslist, no monopolization that can't be contested. Zones on blue are horribly overpopulated.

Doil_Boil
11-13-2014, 04:07 PM
There is a Sickpuppy, but his fungi'd epic'd <Unrest County Sheriff> alt got deleted awhile back. Now Red is almost completely free of twink gankers once you level out of Crushbone in 2 hours. The only notable one remaining around CB uses a Sarnak Tabard.

I get that most everyone that forumquests is tired of hearing about Red, but majority of us are former Blue players that left for reasons outlined in this thread, and several other over populated issues. It's really nice being able to log in, form a group, and go to literally any camp for xp or loot. We do Fear / Hate clears when we feel like it, not when we're allowed to once a month.

The population sounds small when you compare it to Blue, 1100 vs 220 the other night, but that means there aren't waiting lists that span 5+ hours, no camp list that cycles one person's friendslist, no monopolization that can't be contested. Zones on blue are horribly overpopulated.

That last part really sounds like somebody that never played during Kunark. Yes, the red server is very underpopulated. Also, yes, the high end raid scene on Blue is very overpopulated. What isn't overpopulated, and honestly feels pretty damn classic, is the player count in most of the non-raid zones.

Truth is, most of us are here for a classic experience. You can say red is "better" in certain ways, and that would be hard to argue. What it fails to provide, however, is a classic experience. That isn't going to change.

TL:DR - You like potatoes, we like potahtoes, now shush.

Crawdad
11-13-2014, 04:14 PM
So this is a day late and a dollar short, but I just wanted to throw my experience camping AC in OOT out there.

Last week (5th or 6th) I took my Necro (40 then) to OOT to hunt Spectres. Figured I was on early enough so why not try to get on the list for AC? Called CC and Soulsummoner <The Illuminati> calls it. I ask to be put on the list-- No questions about being low level, he tells me I'm third behind some BDA Necro (Syphiliz?) and Zeeroth (Blackwater Pirates). I wait around at Specs and as each person is passed off, everyone is notified. Eventually it gets to Zeeroth so I mosey on over to AC and sit around chatting.. eventually we start talking about a level 41 soloing AC, and he lets me try killing a higher level Cyclops PH (41). Takes Entirely too long, so I head back to specs and let the next person know they'll be coming up.

...fast forward two days later and I'm buying the MQ from Dilaxiar (Sorry, can't spell it then or now), an Ench from <The Illuminati>. Very chatty, lets me pay half up front and the other half later, lets me know several times that if we can't find Hasten that the rings mine, or if he goes LD or something shady to hollar at his Guildmates, etc etc etc... We ended up waiting on Hasten for ~two hours. Got jboots, everyone's paid and happy, no drama on AC isle or RM.

Anyways, my rambling point is this: People are bitching an awful lot about people not wanting to share, and throwing a lot of accusations around at particular guilds for ignoring CC/throwing away lists/wigging out/general assdouchery... when it sounds like 1) You're the one acting like an entitled diva or 2) you're not communicating with others.

Treat other people with respect and you will usually have it returned to you.

buffmagnum
11-14-2014, 04:57 AM
Crawdad is righton!

toolshed
11-14-2014, 11:45 AM
So this is a day late and a dollar short, but I just wanted to throw my experience camping AC in OOT out there.

Last week (5th or 6th) I took my Necro (40 then) to OOT to hunt Spectres. Figured I was on early enough so why not try to get on the list for AC? Called CC and Soulsummoner <The Illuminati> calls it. I ask to be put on the list-- No questions about being low level, he tells me I'm third behind some BDA Necro (Syphiliz?) and Zeeroth (Blackwater Pirates). I wait around at Specs and as each person is passed off, everyone is notified. Eventually it gets to Zeeroth so I mosey on over to AC and sit around chatting.. eventually we start talking about a level 41 soloing AC, and he lets me try killing a higher level Cyclops PH (41). Takes Entirely too long, so I head back to specs and let the next person know they'll be coming up.

...fast forward two days later and I'm buying the MQ from Dilaxiar (Sorry, can't spell it then or now), an Ench from <The Illuminati>. Very chatty, lets me pay half up front and the other half later, lets me know several times that if we can't find Hasten that the rings mine, or if he goes LD or something shady to hollar at his Guildmates, etc etc etc... We ended up waiting on Hasten for ~two hours. Got jboots, everyone's paid and happy, no drama on AC isle or RM.

Anyways, my rambling point is this: People are bitching an awful lot about people not wanting to share, and throwing a lot of accusations around at particular guilds for ignoring CC/throwing away lists/wigging out/general assdouchery... when it sounds like 1) You're the one acting like an entitled diva or 2) you're not communicating with others.

Treat other people with respect and you will usually have it returned to you.

You basically just outlined how a camp can be monopolized by a RMT camper and how you helped him pay rent for the month. Grats I guess

Honestly just imagine how dumb it would be if you swapped 'epic item' for jboots. Why would someone HAVE to MQ their epic in order to get it done? That's awful.

Why wouldn't you try doing the South Ro AC camp (especially if you are at Oasis spectres!)?

Crawdad
11-14-2014, 05:06 PM
You basically just outlined how a camp can be monopolized by a RMT camper and how you helped him pay rent for the month. Grats I guess

My point is that the people "monopolizing" OoT AC aren't, in fact, monopolizing it. They're definitely sitting around on Pirate Isle like its going out of style, but they Are responding to others and giving them the chance to camp it too.. I assume from OP's post/replies that he either didn't communicate or communicated in an entitled/douchey manner and they blew him off.

I asked to be put on the list, got on the list, and would've gotten my turn on the list, had I not given it up. At 41. Surrounded by, what this thread would have you believe, plat-crazed basement dwelling RMT'ers. OP claimed certain people/guilds were basically Horrible people, and I wanted to show my experience with the same people/group wasn't similar.

Besides the wild conjecture, does anyone actually Believe RMT'ers would waste time camping AC? I assume no one asserting this has actually done the math.

Honestly just imagine how dumb it would be if you swapped 'epic item' for jboots. Why would someone HAVE to MQ their epic in order to get it done? That's awful.
First of all, Nobody Has to get their Epic.. if you end up buying a MQ, that's your prerogative. Even so, go ahead and replace 'jboots' with 'epics' in my post. I was given the chance to get it for myself just fine, without people hassling me.

If you did your epic on Live, you probably would've ran into a similar situation in 2nd/3rd tier guild, except no one would sell you the MQ. Any epic tied to a raid target was extremely rare outside of top-tier guilds before the Velious Epic Patch. We'll have Velious Soon(tm), which will remove several of the more ridiculous bottlenecks.

Why wouldn't you try doing the South Ro AC camp (especially if you are at Oasis spectres!)?
OoT specs are scarier but have a bigger payoff, especially for the discerning charm kiting Necro. Like I said, I was already in OoT Exping, camping AC was a bonus of being in-zone and nearby. ...Make killer plat/exp while waiting on a list, Or run around Sro mindlessly killing Greens while trying to race 3-5 50+ Druids.. Hmm...