PDA

View Full Version : 7 day mobs always on weekend.

Fysts
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Seriously can this be somewhat random. On live you had server downs that changed the spawn days, seems on this server there is nothing to randomly change the spawn days, so if your unable to play weekends it sucks, because VP, 7 day dragons, CT, Inny been stuck on weekend spawn for like 6 months. So not classic.

Derubael
11-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Ask the people who kill these mobs to leave them up for a few days.

Will probably never happen because I'm pretty sure the majority of people like the weekend spawns. Personally I'd love it if they were all spread out over the week like they were when we had the super long variance implemented, but that's just me.

Daldaen
11-10-2014, 11:34 AM
We haven't had a patch since July. The beta server is down. Lots of changes are fixed pending update.

Expect a patch soon. Removal of variance would be super cool...

Daldaen
11-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Will probably never happen because I'm pretty sure the majority of people like the weekend spawns. Personally I'd love it if they were all spread out over the week like they were when we had the super long variance implemented, but that's just me.

Remove variance and make Class R/C mobs keep their designation for 24 hours, not 6. Then they will spread all over the place during Class R rotation slot. People will instead of batphoning at 6AM, wait until 7PM when the most people can participate and kill it then.

After a few weeks of this it would spread out without having terrible variance and with allowing entire guilds to participate in kills not just those able to log in at weird hours.

Not Sure
11-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Remove variance and make Class R/C mobs keep their designation for 24 hours, not 6. Then they will spread all over the place during Class R rotation slot. People will instead of batphoning at 6AM, wait until 7PM when the most people can participate and kill it then.

After a few weeks of this it would spread out without having terrible variance and with allowing entire guilds to participate in kills not just those able to log in at weird hours.

That's a good idea. Don't know if they'll remove the variance, but the 24 hour C/R designation would certainly help spread things out.

Walth
11-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Would be nice to have it mixed up for sure.

Pint
11-10-2014, 02:13 PM

A non rotation class R guild would actually succeed if R tried to leave their targets up for entire days.

Raev
11-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Seriously can this be somewhat random. On live you had server downs that changed the spawn days, seems on this server there is nothing to randomly change the spawn days, so if your unable to play weekends it sucks, because VP, 7 day dragons, CT, Inny been stuck on weekend spawn for like 6 months. So not classic.

fucking casuals

Derubael
11-10-2014, 02:20 PM

Like the 24 hour suggestion a lot. I probably don't have to say it again but I guess I will anyway - variance not likely to go away anytime soon.

Edit: tell someone with access to suggest the 24 hour thing in raid discussion.

Daldaen
11-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Really wished you liked my no variance suggestion more :/.

Variance just deters casuals from competing. Relegating them to Class R mobs only and rarely FFA Repops.

A man can dream though...

Maybe one day, to be competitive on FFA mobs, you don't need to have a force that can show up at any time between 2AM-6PM, along with several trackers and FTEers in zone the entire 16 hour window.

Maybe one day, to be competitive you can note the time, send your tracker and FTEers out 30minutes before he spawns and have your guild camp out an hour in advance. Then you may race for and compete for a mob, without spending 16 hours camped out and constantly staring at a wall.

Surely there will always be 2AM mob spawns, and surely the Class C guilds will dominate those. But I have a dream my fellow 15-year old dragon pixel elf simulators. That one day, a guild's competitiveness will not be judged by their ability to field a force 24 hours a day. But will be judged by the content of their character's ability to race and do more will less. To pick and choose their battles and be able to put up a fight without staring at a wall for 16 hours.

Amen.

Swish
11-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Then you may race for and compete for a mob, without spending 16 hours camped out and constantly tracking.[/b]

Don't forget duck/cancelling CotH every few moments, make sure to keep doing that until then.

Ravager
11-10-2014, 03:10 PM

Funny guy. Class system wouldn't even be needed if people could make agreements like this.

Juhstin
11-10-2014, 03:53 PM

It'll never happen, too much poop socking they won't want to give that up.

kaev
11-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Really wished you liked my no variance suggestion more :/.

Variance just deters casuals from competing. Relegating them to Class R mobs only and rarely FFA Repops.

A man can dream though...

Maybe one day, to be competitive on FFA mobs, you don't need to have a force that can show up at any time between 2AM-6PM, along with several trackers and FTEers in zone the entire 16 hour window.

Maybe one day, to be competitive you can note the time, send your tracker and FTEers out 30minutes before he spawns and have your guild camp out an hour in advance. Then you may race for and compete for a mob, without spending 16 hours camped out and constantly staring at a wall.

Surely there will always be 2AM mob spawns, and surely the Class C guilds will dominate those. But I have a dream my fellow 15-year old dragon pixel elf simulators. That one day, a guild's competitiveness will not be judged by their ability to field a force 24 hours a day. But will be judged by the content of their character's ability to race and do more will less. To pick and choose their battles and be able to put up a fight without staring at a wall for 16 hours.

Amen.

You propose rationality, p99 is an epitome of irrationality. Dont' hold your breath, I wouldn't know where to send the paramedics after I called 911.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
123 Candycane Lane

Clark
11-12-2014, 02:17 AM