PDA

View Full Version : Would you donate for a new blue server?

arsenalpow
11-12-2014, 12:50 PM
This is an idea that I discussed on Sirken's stream and before that it was an idea that many of the casual raiding guilds discussed. Here's the premise:

A new blue server would be created. Players would be allowed to /movelog to this new server. On this new server the raid scene would be an enforced rotation modeled after the current class R rotation system. Raid disputes would be adjudicated by a council of raiding guild officers but would ultimately be enforced by staff at its highest levels.

If players want to subscribe to the hardcore mindset then they can stay on the current blue server. If players want to experience a more civilized raid environment then they can movelog to the new server.

For an idea like this to happen it would first have to be approved by Rogean/Bog and then funded by the interested players.

So, bottom line, would you donate to play on this type of server?

Alarti0001
11-12-2014, 12:55 PM
This is an idea that I discussed on Sirken's stream and before that it was an idea that many of the casual raiding guilds discussed. Here's the premise:

A new blue server would be created. Players would be allowed to /movelog to this new server. On this new server the raid scene would be an enforced rotation modeled after the current class R rotation system. Raid disputes would be adjudicated by a council of raiding guild officers but would ultimately be enforced by staff at its highest levels.

If players want to subscribe to the hardcore mindset then they can stay on the current blue server. If players want to experience a more civilized raid environment then they can movelog to the new server.

For an idea like this to happen it would first have to be approved by Rogean/Bog and then funded by the interested players.

No No.. it needs to be constant donations for the monthly expenses not just a one time donation of 1$. Got to try to think man...

Nirgon
11-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Raid scene is over populated.

XP scene is about right.

You basically would end up with a red pop server with no pvp imo.

This has all been a result of a prolonged Kunark that had tons of bonus xp events.

I think another blue server with a fresh start for Velious would be a good idea honestly. You could eventually merge the servers too with no fear of clashing rulesets like I saw with teams/ffa pvp.

I see a tidal wave of people coming back to blue for Velious and north ro/ice clad being so bad GMs will actually have to summon people to eastern wastes or... I mean... really I don't know how to handle that. This isn't the red propaganda talking either.

Chest, if you want to start from scratch on a Velious server and divide up the over populated raid scene.. I'd support it for sure. It's just over populated on the current blue box and 1 blue server for this many raiding guilds sure ain't classic.

Holo crootin.

Arturo Fuente
11-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Sounds like the lawyer server.

arsenalpow
11-12-2014, 01:03 PM
No No.. it needs to be constant donations for the monthly expenses not just a one time donation of 1$. Got to try to think man...
I'm going to try to keep this civilized Alarti, so play nice. I guess it all depends on how much the financial upkeep becomes should their be an additional server. I think the majority of players would be ok with this concept tbh.

Raid scene is over populated.

XP scene is about right.

You basically would end up with a red pop server with no pvp imo.

This has all been a result of a prolonged Kunark that had tons of bonus xp events.

I think another blue server with a fresh start for Velious would be a good idea honestly. You could eventually merge the servers too with no fear of clashing rulesets like I saw with teams/ffa pvp.

I see a tidal wave of people coming back to blue for Velious and north ro/ice clad being so bad GMs will actually have to summon people to eastern wastes or... I mean... really I don't know how to handle that. This isn't the red propaganda talking either.

Chest, if you want to start from scratch on a Velious server and divide up the over populated raid scene.. I'd support it for sure. It's just over populated on the current blue box and 1 blue server for this many raiding guilds sure ain't classic.

Holo crootin.

I think you're underestimating just how overpopulated blue is entirely, and I think you're underestimating the number of casual raiding guilds that would like to experience content without subscribing to the extreme playstyle mindset. At least 8 class R guilds are already on board for this idea and id bet that the majority of the non raiding players would like to see something like this as well because it ensures that they'll be allowed to raid without being forced to sock.

If any server would be left with a "red population" I think it would be the hardcore server. I believe that the majority of the playerbase would secede if given the option.

falkun
11-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Nirgon, his point is that the server that "ends up with a red pop server with no pvp" would be the current (class-C) blue and that the majority of Blue99's population would fund a new server and /movelog to it once launched, on the basis of being exclusively class-R style rotation raiding.

Daldaen
11-12-2014, 01:08 PM
I would if the server repops were FFA. With or without bag limit, dun care either way.

So that you can prioritize and race with your guild to get some targets out of rotation. With the vast majority being in rotation, casual, raids without herpderp trains. However rushing around to knock out targets when they are all up is fun.

Buriedpast
11-12-2014, 01:08 PM
$500, for a new server in current timeline when velious launches.

No manastones /guises/etc etc etc. vel open day 1. No Donals BP trivializing everything.

khanable
11-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Nope.

Like having everyone all on one dramabox.

Ashsun
11-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Yep, I would definitely donate/pay monthly.

arsenalpow
11-12-2014, 01:16 PM
I think rotation + FFA on repops (bag limit and very specific raid guidelines) would be the proper fit.

Ravager
11-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Yep.

haksum
11-12-2014, 01:19 PM
I think the real question is will the AC camp in OOT be included in the rotation on this new server?

Swish
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I think a fresh box with no /movelog would be far more enticing to a lot of people.

Culkasi
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I think rotation + FFA on repops (bag limit and very specific raid guidelines) would be the proper fit.

This, and yes, without a doubt

Swish
11-12-2014, 01:23 PM
...and think of the salty EC fat cat tears, I'd pay for those rage posts alone <3

Blaza
11-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Guess I would throw in $10 a month, then keep my red character active for my insanity fix.

Ashsun
11-12-2014, 01:25 PM
...and think of the salty EC fat cat tears, I'd pay for those rage posts alone <3

No kidding man, my wallet is ready.

Ravager
11-12-2014, 01:27 PM
I think a fresh box with no /movelog would be far more enticing to a lot of people.

I wouldn't think twice about leaving all my chars and gear behind if it meant a rotation/ffa repop server.

Buriedpast
11-12-2014, 01:28 PM
No movelogs. If people care, they will leave their pixels. You've grossly benefitted from the Donals BP and exploits on blue currently no matter who you are. I don't even want to think how many fungi tunics, spells, epics etc people like me and far far more hardcore farmed. Let alone the huge amount of MQ and SEQ use, and boxing in p99's past.

With the current anti hack, no Donals, limited exploits still ongoing it's a chance for a fresh and focused approach. I'd abandon everything just to level on a clean server with guys like derubael and sirken at the helm compared to paymelinda and Uthgaard for instance.

Move logging achieves nothing. Starting fresh gives the server as a whole and it's populace to build it's own mature feel, as the penny hungry twats would still be on blue 99, not blue2k.

I would even embrace an approach in which you forfeit all or some of your p1999 liberties to avoid the neckbeards playing both like blue and red. Such as if you play on project2000, you can't access kunark or velious on p1999 in any way.

There is so much good on p1999 and I would love to be so fortunate as to level up, create a raiding scene, and an unspoken code of ethics amongst us on an untainted server, with all of you who a want the same.

Movelogs are definitely not the answer. It needs to be fresh, and it can't be classic timeline with huge amounts of dodgy design fu.ckups like manastones, or prenerf items in game that were so blatantly broken. It worked great for Morell Thule (kunark) and Vazaelle (velious) on live.

Daldaen
11-12-2014, 01:34 PM

10/10 would donate.

YmirEQ
11-12-2014, 01:37 PM

captnamazing
11-12-2014, 01:38 PM
I would donate some $ per month with these considerations:

Rotations
FFA repops
Diplomatic raid councils to avoid the shitfest we've seen on p99 Blue
most importantly: MORE ROLEPLAYING

I mean, the idea of losing Filbus and having to level another toon is sad as fuk. Idk what I'd do. But, I'd probably do it.

arsenalpow
11-12-2014, 01:40 PM
I would donate some $ per month with these considerations:

Rotations
FFA repops
Diplomatic raid councils to avoid the shitfest we've seen on p99 Blue
most importantly: MORE ROLEPLAYING

I mean, the idea of losing Filbus and having to level another toon is sad as fuk. Idk what I'd do. But, I'd probably do it.

Read the OP silly halfling (/movelog)

captnamazing
11-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Read the OP silly halfling (/movelog)

With /movelog, no qualms. But a lot of these people are suggesting no /movelog!

Thulack
11-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Would gladly donate for a rotation based server. Hell movelog or not. I'd leave my 5 guised toons behind for actual classic raiding from my perspective.

Alarti0001
11-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm going to try to keep this civilized Alarti, so play nice. I guess it all depends on how much the financial upkeep becomes should their be an additional server. I think the majority of players would be ok with this concept tbh.

The point is your poll does absolutely nothing to test is a new server would be a viable option. Its just an ego booster.

Buriedpast
11-12-2014, 01:44 PM
This should not be about the raiding scene though. I get fulfillment and joy from the current raid scene.

This should be about server integrity at all levels of the game, which p99 lacks at all levels of the server currently. P99 is eternally hamstrung by it's past for various reasons and with terrible results. The raid scene is a symptom of the servers past. The raid scene is irrelevent and not something that can be fixed ever without 100% forced rotation without tiers. Give Omni a rotation in VP. Doesn't matter if they don't kill it, they just skip their turn until they are ready. Fixed instantly.

Instead, a new server lets us come to that conclusion ourselves, whilst wholistically ensuring the servers pulse beats the right message, of proper Everquest memories and nostalgia. Id have more fun camping in lguk on a new server than anything p99 can currently offer.

This should be about the people and the integrity. The kind of people that leave p99 to start fresh are the kind project2000 needs. The people who wouldn't give up p99, are the people that wouldn't be welcome on p2k anyway.

Raev
11-12-2014, 01:44 PM

I would help fund this server, but there would have to be a few conditions:

1. People are only allowed to /movelog 1 toon. Fuck all this alt crap.

2. All normal spawns would be a GM enforced rotation; repops would be FFA. IMO no bag limit either.

3. GM enforced PNP regarding not being an assclown at cash camps, e.g. Clark camping Tranix for months.

Nirgon
11-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Agree on one point tho?

Wasn't there almost 2k when epics came out?

Now Velious... ? Heh...

Like I'm absolutely agreeing blue is over populated due to the extended time line etc. Velious is going to be insane.

If that server was raid mob rotation with no variance... AKA you MUST sign up for the raid calendar, no FFA anything... and if the guild designated wasn't there within an hour or two to kill the mob on their day that it was open to the next guild... it could be the right thing to do.

I'd support a fresh server with no character copies for a day 1 Velious. I don't want move moves and economy taint. If you want a brand new server, get a freakin' brand new server. This gives EVERYONE a fair chance. Not just 2 guilds that copy over and rotate mobs or whatever. Lots of people want a fresh start, I just see a char copy as "please cater to my needs and not the good of all players".

Fresh servers are actually fun, everyone isn't twinked out of their minds.

Raev
11-12-2014, 01:47 PM
No movelogs. If people care, they will leave their pixels. You've grossly benefitted from the Donals BP and exploits on blue currently no matter who you are. I don't even want to think how many fungi tunics, spells, epics etc people like me and far far more hardcore farmed. Let alone the huge amount of MQ and SEQ use, and boxing in p99's past.

Actually, this is the right idea. I take back my /movelog 1 toon.

The best part about a real classic EQ server would be a bunch of L55s in rags trying to kill the myconid spore king.

Lazie
11-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Nope.

Like having everyone all on one dramabox.

This...

Besides what you are proposing just sounds a lot like Pay2Win.

feanan
11-12-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm for this server, either way, but I'd prefer no /movelog

way too much pp farming, exploits, and gear hording has gone on here, and i'd hate for all that to get moved over.

that being said, I'd LOVE to get on to a server that actually meets the stated goals of the server...to allow us to experience all of classic everyquest

Thulack
11-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Best part would hopefully be no variance as well.

Thulack
11-12-2014, 01:50 PM
This...

Besides what you are proposing just sounds a lot like Pay2Win.

We would not be paying2win. We would be paying2enjoy.

Yibz
11-12-2014, 01:51 PM
I like them both together but it might be a fun idea to try. I liked the cutthroat scene and the smaller guilds really seem to be getting behind this rotation. Having multiple servers with varying levels of competitiveness is def classic.

Only worry I have is splitting the population too low and killing one of the boxes.

Nirgon
I'm for this server, either way, but I'd prefer no /movelog

way too much pp farming, exploits, and gear hording has gone on here, and i'd hate for all that to get moved over.

that being said, I'd LOVE to get on to a server that actually meets the stated goals of the server...to allow us to experience all of classic everyquest

falkun
Please explain the pay2win? Its pay2rotation, and yes the PVE game is easy by today's standards, but P1999 still has the best implementation of classic mechanics to date. I'd still have to gather X-number of friends together to kill my target, and Chest is not advocating instances. I just, hopefully, would have a raid scene more accommodating like current class-R, without giving up 2/3 to neckbeards every month. I have my little playground, and they have theirs. I still have to camp my VP key, get the kills for my epic, and level my character (depending on /movelog), but I could do it without petitionquest, coth ducking, and Alarti.

norova
11-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Oops, I'm tard and voted no accidentally; can't find a way to change it. Thx laggy Teamviewer.

Lazie
11-12-2014, 01:53 PM
We would not be paying2win. We would be paying2enjoy.

Paying2win in other words.

Uteunayr
11-12-2014, 01:56 PM
I would really like to know just how much it would cost. Reddit Gold became far more consistent on that site when they put in the gold tracker, since people were able to see how much gold was needed to be purchased per day to keep the website going. If we had an idea what the cost would be for a new server, it would be interesting to see if the people in for this (myself included) could fund it.

If funding every stopped, just recollapse the server back into the current blue.

I could live with or without the /movelog. I am partial to say we shouldn't have a /move to get a fresh start, but then again, I am one of the wipe it clean folks. Either way, I wouldn't mind copying Sesser over, or releveling him.

falkun
Paying2win in other words.

The PVE content does not change. We want to remove the PVP element. We are playing Everquest, not Counter Strike.

Ele
The best part about a real classic EQ server would be a bunch of L55s in rags trying to kill the myconid spore king.

$$$$$

Holding fungi king room with 2 groups of mid 50s is fun stuff.

Lazie
Please explain the pay2win? Its pay2rotation, and yes the PVE game is easy by today's standards, but P1999 still has the best implementation of classic mechanics to date. I'd still have to gather X-number of friends together to kill my target, and Chest is not advocating instances. I just, hopefully, would have a raid scene more accommodating like current class-R, without giving up 2/3 to neckbeards every month. I have my little playground, and they have theirs. I still have to camp my VP key, get the kills for my epic, and level my character (depending on /movelog), but I could do it without petitionquest, coth ducking, and Alarti.

So you are looking for a modern MMO...Which isn't EQ. And yes paying to have that is paying2win at your own rate.

Man0warr
11-12-2014, 01:58 PM
The Rathe had a full rotation, it's not un classic.

webrunner5
11-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Hell I am not knocking the Devs, they do a lot more than we think, but Velious is not even out or the purported "Teams Server" and you really think they are going to start ANOTHER server??? :confused:

falkun
11-12-2014, 02:00 PM
So you are looking for a modern MMO...Which isn't EQ. And yes paying to have that is paying2win at your own rate.

Pay2Win gives you an advantage over other players by spending real cash. What advantage do I have over you when the PVE content is the same? Class-C guilds hold a current advantage over class-R guilds because they are willing to be more cutthroat in the raid environment, but eliminating that advantage with a strict rotation does not give me an advantage, it puts us on a level playing field.

Samoht
11-12-2014, 02:01 PM
if a /movelog was implemented, it should actually be done in a way that forces class C off so that members of the casual community that don't realize what's going on aren't forced to suffer. just give class C their own "instance" of the end-game and use the existing server as the rotation server. no movebacks.

khanable
11-12-2014, 02:02 PM
I think the "pay2win" sentiment is that you're offering up money to transfer to a server where acquisition of pixels will be faster/easier.

Uteunayr
Hell I am not knocking the Devs, they do a lot more than we think, but Velious is not even out or the purported "Teams Server" and you really think they are going to start ANOTHER server??? :confused:

Yup. Not asking for any new coding or anything more than what they have done, merely a server for Class R to Class R, and let Class C do their Class C thing. Both styles are classic, seems reasonable that some will want one style of classic, and the other a different style. Don't need to code teams for the server, nor code a pvp/team specific Velious, as it is still blue, just let us pay for a new server and toss on the blue code already as written.

Swish

Well there's speculation about what'll happen with Teams after it launches. It's always been stated that they'll merge red into teams (later on) or merge teams into red if it's not a success.

What would happen to that extra server I wonder? Might be the same server as Velious beta if we're honest. But long term it shouldn't be wasted ;)

Raev
11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
I think the "pay2win" sentiment is that you're offering up money to transfer to a server where acquisition of pixels will be faster/easier.

See, all of these Class C style arguments make sense until you realize that our endgame isn't classic (variance).

Snizatcher
11-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Just throw the tag "Hardcore" on the Class C's server so they can all pat each other on the back and put "Hardcore" on their forum signatures. That should make everyone happy.

Swish
11-12-2014, 02:07 PM
See, all of these Class C style arguments make sense until you realize that our endgame isn't classic (variance).

Without variance though it's even more of an FTE fest.

"Same time next week guys?"
"See you there"

Troubled
11-12-2014, 02:07 PM
No bush towers option. Voted next closest thing.

falkun
11-12-2014, 02:08 PM

"Same time next week guys?"
"See you there"

And variance fits perfectly with the race that class-C wants. If/when everything is on a strict rotation, there's no need for variance.

Raev
11-12-2014, 02:11 PM

I am not saying 0 variance would be better; I'm saying that all this pay2win garbage is just that, garbage. Project 2000 would be much more classic.

Anyway, it's not going to happen.

Lazie
11-12-2014, 02:15 PM

This. I am not trying to make it sound evil. Pay2win is viable on modern MMO's. A level playing field is something with rules that are easily applicable that all types of players can participate in whether it be casual or hardcore. What you are proposing to have caters to one type of player and you are saying you will pay to have it.

We need to work on the issues with this raid scene with common sense and make concrete rules that are easily understandable with very little gray area....To have a level playing field.

hightower187
11-12-2014, 02:16 PM
The Rathe had a full rotation, it's not un classic.

This is true. My guild Noble Blade shared rotations with all the other guilds on the server. Never was a problem.

Lazie
11-12-2014, 02:17 PM
I am not saying 0 variance would be better; I'm saying that all this pay2win garbage is just that, garbage. Project 2000 would be much more classic.

Anyway, it's not going to happen.

Me and Loraen rarely agree. I wouldn't say 0 variance. Lower it enough to keep the race start time random, but not burn folks out. Limit the amount of people a guild wanting to compete for the mob can have in zone.

myriverse
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Considering maybe donating, if it'll get people to shut up about new server this and that.

But really... no. Just no.

Ravager
11-12-2014, 02:20 PM
The point is your poll does absolutely nothing to test is a new server would be a viable option. Its just an ego booster.

I don't see the "Chest is Awesome" option.

Alarti0001
11-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't see the "Chest is Awesome" option.

You poor troll. There might be other ways to boost an ego. I have a very difficult time believing you are actually this stupid.

falkun
11-12-2014, 02:26 PM
This. I am not trying to make it sound evil. Pay2win is viable on modern MMO's. A level playing field is something with rules that are easily applicable that all types of players can participate in whether it be casual or hardcore. What you are proposing to have caters to one type of player and you are saying you will pay to have it.

We need to work on the issues with this raid scene with common sense and make concrete rules that are easily understandable with very little gray area....To have a level playing field.
Lets run down your list for "level playing field" and see how rotation-enforced server does:
1) easily applicable - not your turn, avoid - check
2) all types of players can participate - you are allowed to play here, by the rules - check
3) casual - will pick P2000 - check
4) hardcore - can play with the easily applicable rules of P2000 or take their business/playtime to P1999 - check

P2000 would cater to casuals, but it does not exclude hardcores. Right now we have a server that caters to hardcores, and excluded casuals until the GMs put their foot down last January. Again, I haven't -won- anything against the PVE game that I did not have on P1999. Are you implying P1999 is not a PVE game? Because there's a lot of your ilk (read: class-C) that argue the competition is not PVP, you and them can't both be right.

maestrom
11-12-2014, 02:27 PM
I would donate generously for the ability to view more than 10 posts per page on this forum.

I'm concerned that splitting the population would result in an empty server. If I were sure both servers would have healthy populations, I would absolutely donate for more servers.

Man0warr
11-12-2014, 02:29 PM
P99 would most likely become the empty one - and the two Class C guilds would slowly collapse or merge as their recruitment base would disappear.

Troubled
11-12-2014, 02:30 PM
I would donate generously for the ability to view more than 10 posts per page on this forum.

I'm concerned that splitting the population would result in an empty server. If I were sure both servers would have healthy populations, I would absolutely donate for more servers.

Tiggles mentioned a couple times he had 20 posts per page. Not sure where that option went, but I didn't see it when I looked. Maybe after the forum was changed and then reverted, that option went away.

Alarti0001
11-12-2014, 02:32 PM
P99 would most likely become the empty one - and the two Class C guilds would slowly collapse or merge as their recruitment base would disappear.

We would all just come to the Casual server and splinter into 18 separate guilds... for those rotations.

skipdog
11-12-2014, 02:36 PM
I don't think people comprehend the drawbacks of splitting blue's population.

It means it will be harder for people to find groups. This is going to prevent people who come on this server to try things out, from staying for any reasonable amount of time.

I get that some class R guilds still aren't happy with their free pixels that they weren't even getting before, but that seems like an awful reason to split this server's population.

If 'not getting enough mobs cuz TMO/IB gets most of them' is the primary motivation for a new server, wouldn't simply reducing all raid mob's spawn times in half be a better solution? Just a simple doubling of the total amount of raid content available. Seems like a far better solution to me that wouldn't involve turning both servers into servers not large enough to support lower level grouping at all levels.

jcr4990
11-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Would donate as well as pay monthly if necessary. Know many people personally that would do the same.

Sampten
11-12-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't think people comprehend the drawbacks of splitting blue's population.

It means it will be harder for people to find groups. This is going to prevent people who come on this server to try things out, from staying for any reasonable amount of time.

I get that some class R guilds still aren't happy with their free pixels that they weren't even getting before, but that seems like an awful reason to split this server's population.

If 'not getting enough mobs cuz TMO/IB gets most of them' is the primary motivation for a new server, wouldn't simply reducing all raid mob's spawn times in half be a better solution? Just a simple doubling of the total amount of raid content available. Seems like a far better solution to me that wouldn't involve turning both servers into servers not large enough to support lower level grouping at all levels.

Reducing respawn time doesn't resolve the issue, nor does adding Velious.

Reducing respawn rate just means that the guilds that can mobilize instantly will kill the mobs more often.

There's a reason why newer MMOs made zones instanced. It levels the playing field for the casual raiders and doesn't force the high end raiders to compete against one another.

If there were a zone to instance in the current P1999 environment, it would be VP. You'd instance that zone, and the rest of the mobs, for better or worse, become FFA.

Even then that's still not a solution. You can't get to VP without killing Trak. Guilds (C/R) would be fighting over Trak kills, not to mention all the other dragons.

Since you can't instance every zone, there's no real solution. You either have FFA or a rotation or something, but getting all parties to agree upon a solution will be practically impossible.

haksum
11-12-2014, 02:51 PM

It doesn't matter. There's only a hand full of chronic complainers around here and they will never be satisfied. In the end these guys all want instances and either won't admit it or can't accept the fact that it's not going to happen here. You give them a little, they might shut up for a while but they will be back, because there will ALWAYS be some injustice against them.

Sure, they start a new rotation server, within a couple months they'll be bitching because there are too many guilds and want faster repops, and they'll want more rules or changes from the GM's, or they'll be bitching because the mobs on their rotation don't fit their time zone and they lose it after so many hours of not being killed and they have to wait another 3 months for another chance. I really don't know how the GM's/devs listen to this shit all day every day! Over and over the GM's say they want LESS workload and these people come up with every idea they can that creates more because they don't fully understand the consequences of their 'solutions'. Guess what a new server means....more staff or more responsibility on the current staff! Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Splitting the pop with a new server is probably the worst idea out there.

Alarti0001
11-12-2014, 02:53 PM
It doesn't matter. There's only a hand full of chronic complainers around here and they will never be satisfied. In the end these guys all want instances and either won't admit it or can't accept the fact that it's not going to happen here. You give them a little, they might shut up for a while but they will be back, because there will ALWAYS be some injustice against them.

Sure, they start a new rotation server, within a couple months they'll be bitching because there are too many guilds and want faster repops, and they'll want more rules or changes from the GM's, or they'll be bitching because the mobs on their rotation don't fit their time zone and they lose it after so many hours of not being killed and they have to wait another 3 months for another chance. I really don't know how the GM's/devs listen to this shit all day every day! Over and over the GM's say they want LESS workload and these people come up with every idea they can that creates more because they don't fully understand the consequences of their 'solutions'. Guess what a new server means....more staff or more responsibility on the current staff! Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Splitting the pop with a new server is probably the worst idea out there.

How dare you try to use foresight in projecting the fallout from a server split.

Aebriol1
11-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I would deff donate to this.. Coming from the Rathe Server on live, we had the Rathe Travel Agency... Life was good, rainbows brighter, and unicorns more magnificent.

feanan
11-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah, so far looks like 58 "complainers" huh.

Face it, the majority on this server are casual, and are sick of what TMO's/IB/whoever has turned this in to, and we are willing to pay real money to get away from you.

Says a lot, doesn't it?

So far, only negative reaction has been from TMO..guess they are scared of RMT drying up on them? Or perhaps its not as fun to be #1 on a server by yourself.

I, as do others, have multiple level 60's with hundreds of /played hours, and I'd give it all up to start
fresh on a rotation server with actual rules. I think that says a lot about the current state of things here.

falkun
11-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Or the hardcore server shrivels up and dies because they can't recruit fast enough for the burn out, ala Daldaen (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1676726#post1676726). Then we're back to a single server again.

And complaining about workload...yesterday's Sirken broadcast was for VP (C-only), SolB (C-train by their own admission), and Seb (C-train by their own admission). It's not class-R that created that workload.

toolshed
11-12-2014, 03:06 PM
The entire server is screwed up due to the elongated time line. I would support a new pvp server but I don't see how a new blue server solves the over farming of classic and kunark on blue

kaev
11-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Voted yes. Would donate, subscribe to newsletter, & etc.

Since we're talking about something that isn't what our esteemed overlords are workng to create, and thus someting extremely unlikely ever to come about, my personal preferences:
- Fresh start, screw /movelog, 379 nerds in GFay opening night is incredibly fucking entertaining.
- Velious era (no unnerfed Donals, no guises, & etc.)
- No bag limit on FFA repops. Have an outlet for players who want to go all-out once in a while.

I am somewhat ambivalent tho. Cucs makes a powerful point, there is something to be said for jamming all the blue drama into one box.

toolshed
11-12-2014, 03:16 PM

Face it, the majority on this server are casual, and are sick of what TMO's/IB/whoever has turned this in to, and we are willing to pay real money to get away from you.

Says a lot, doesn't it?

So far, only negative reaction has been from TMO..guess they are scared of RMT drying up on them? Or perhaps its not as fun to be #1 on a server by yourself.

I, as do others, have multiple level 60's with hundreds of /played hours, and I'd give it all up to start
fresh on a rotation server with actual rules. I think that says a lot about the current state of things here.

TMO players have completely changed their life to facilitate P99. People in that guild don't have jobs just so they can raid. People in that guild have not taken promotions so they can dedicate their time to P99

People in TMO use P99 as their only income stream.

Why would any of them want to give up P99? They've already given up their lives for P99

Jfertal
11-12-2014, 03:17 PM
The only way this server would work is a /movelog, creating a fresh server would bring all sorts of trash back to p99. Perma farming guise, manastone etc. Shit was cool once, but not 3 times. Supposed to be a cleaner raid environment, not a chance for people to monopolize content like the current server.

arsenalpow
11-12-2014, 03:26 PM
The only way this server would work is a /movelog, creating a fresh server would bring all sorts of trash back to p99. Perma farming guise, manastone etc. Shit was cool once, but not 3 times. Supposed to be a cleaner raid environment, not a chance for people to monopolize content like the current server.

Pretty much this. A fresh server would just continue to perpetuate the cycle we're trying to break. People want to experience the endgame, don't make them abandon their hard work to do it.

Also to the guy that was screaming about fat and happy farmers (Donal breastplates) TMO/IB killed probably something like 400 trakanons combined before Zeelot blew TMO up. To date BDA has probably killed Trak maybe a couple dozen times and never seen a cleric BP drop. The people that ave farmed the game into oblivion aren't the casual players.

zanderklocke
11-12-2014, 03:28 PM
I'd donate and play on new server if movelog was incorporated. Maybe I'm selfish, but I don't have the desire to do everything over on my character again.

toolshed
11-12-2014, 03:37 PM
So basically people are voting yes for instanced raiding

Snizatcher
11-12-2014, 03:42 PM
So basically people are voting yes for dirty, stinking, socialistic communism

It's a fun fill in the blanks game we call can play!

Kayso
11-12-2014, 03:44 PM
The idea to split the server into casual/hardcore or rotation/FFA wouldn't be a "split". A huge portion of the server would move -- including those who currently aren't in raiding guilds.

We'd end up with the current box being low pop (except during repops) and the new box would eventually have 327 raiding guilds rotating and seeing VS once per generation. Velious' eminent release somewhat alleviates this concern as there are some mobs that the 20 casual raiding guilds yet to be formed wouldn't have the chops to kill anytime in the foreseeable future, but there would still be a problem unless there was some sort of qualification or restriction as to who could move.

If there is a problem that needs to be solved, I think it should focus on giving casual raiding guilds more opportunity at Kunark mobs once Velious comes out. That opportunity should include some forced competition between the "R" guilds and it should come at a price that restricts a significant amount of Velious content as "incentive" to get a couple (literally) of the "R" guilds to move on from Kunark content and start competing in Velious.

toolshed
11-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Couple of months ago I tried to drum up donations to help with the release of Velious, which would help everyone on the server: almost universal hatred for the idea

Chest makes a thread about creating an entire server dedicated to a dozen or so guilds: almost universal support

I don't understand you people

Alarti0001
11-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Couple of months ago I tried to drum up donations to help with the release of Velious, which would help everyone on the server: almost universal hatred for the idea

Chest makes a thread about creating an entire server dedicated to a dozen or so guilds: almost universal support

I don't understand you people

Its easy to say you will support something... Its the doing that's the problem.

webrunner5
11-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Well there's speculation about what'll happen with Teams after it launches. It's always been stated that they'll merge red into teams (later on) or merge teams into red if it's not a success.

What would happen to that extra server I wonder? Might be the same server as Velious beta if we're honest. But long term it shouldn't be wasted ;)

You have a good point about a wasted server. :cool:

Samoht
11-12-2014, 03:51 PM
That opportunity should include some forced competition between the "R" guilds and it should come at a price that restricts a significant amount of Velious content as "incentive" to get a couple (literally) of the "R" guilds to move on from Kunark content and start competing in Velious.

must be a TMO member if you think you can dictate how other people enjoy their time on this server

Thulack
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
So basically people are voting yes for instanced raiding

That would be even better! :D. Some people actually enjoyed playing EQ past Luclin.

haksum
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM

Don't be a dumbass. The handful of complainers are the ones coming here EVERY WEEK making new threads/posts about what changes they want implemented this week and complaining about how this and that is some great injustice to them. The rest of you are too passive aggressive to actually say anything about anything. Haven't the GM's said they don't put any stock in these polls just recently?

And I'm not surprised that casuals would vote for this. I get it. It's the way society is going in general. Less effort, more reward - on my time! I'm casual and I understand. Sure, I wish I could see VP and do more raiding, but I can't because RL > pixels, but you bet your ass I'll be ready when Velious launches and it opens up. But the people always trying to change the system around their whims is so old and played out. You all come across as a bunch of ungrateful whiny-ass bitches. Velious isn't going to fix this, a new server isn't going to fix this, new rules aren't going to fix this. You guys should instead look into fixing your own attitudes. Realize this isn't a democracy or democratic republic and that in life there will always be people with more time/money/whatever than you and learn to still enjoy life despite the fact.

Try being genuinely grateful you can even play here and even have a chance to experience EQ again instead of whining over and over about how much you DON'T get here. If you guys made as many 'Thank you threads' to the GM's and staff as whining/complaining threads, I bet more things would be done and sooner. Really, guys, holy crap. Take a step back and look at how much whining/complaining you guys do around here from an outsider's/GM's perspective about a server that's being generously ran for your enjoyment with others' volunteered time, effort, and resources. You show appreciation for this by constantly complaining that they need to do more and that you're not happy because it doesn't cater to your needs/playability? Fuck.

Argh
11-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Everyone who donates and moves would be sad to find out all the same shit still happening.

Thulack
11-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Everyone who donates and moves would be sad to find out all the same shit still happening.

No it wouldnt. There would be a rotation so the same shit doesnt happen. Notice how all the guilds in Class R get along or atleast act like they get along enough to have a rational raid scene.

Kayso
11-12-2014, 04:15 PM
must be a TMO member if you think you can dictate how other people enjoy their time on this server

You're wrong. I am not in TMO. And I don't think I can dictate anything. The staff wants competition. They've said it over and over. I don't think any solution that totally eliminates competition would ever be approved.

If a rotation server were put in place tomorrow, and it coincided with the release of Velious, I can think of two guilds that would instantly gain a large influx of pixels (almost as large as their respective memberships) by the benefit of rotating all the Kunark mobs and then rotating all the Velious mobs that currently only they can kill exclusively between themselves.

Right now being in "R" as a small guild sucks because 1) we don't get as many opportunities as we'd like, 2) the idea that we can truly compete with the entrenched FFA guilds is ridiculous and 3) as new guilds join (or are poised to join) the rotation diluting the pixel opportunities further, there's two guilds that can compete with IB/TMO and just choose not to.

Man0warr
11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
If those 2 guilds wanted to, they could just go by the server rules and use the 3-kill lockout for R-mobs and screw over the little guilds. But they don't.

Doil_Boil
11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
I don't understand what the point of a new server would be if they allowed character moves. The fresh server feels would be completely ruined.

Man0warr
11-12-2014, 04:20 PM
It's not supposed to be a fresh server.

toolshed
11-12-2014, 04:20 PM
No it wouldnt. There would be a rotation so the same shit doesnt happen. Notice how all the guilds in Class R get along or atleast act like they get along enough to have a rational raid scene.

Nobody would go outside the of the raid rotation? What's stopping people from moving over to the new server with this exact intention? Nobody on the server is going to take advantage of monsters that are currently up?

Man0warr
11-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Nobody would go outside the of the raid rotation? What's stopping people from moving over to the new server with this exact intention? Nobody on the server is going to take advantage of monsters that are currently up?

Because the whole point is it would be GM enforced. If you went outside the rotation, then you get suspended. People wouldn't do it.

Daldaen
11-12-2014, 04:24 PM
If this option isn't available (which I'm almost positive it is not)...

Zero Variance
Hard limit on number of players in zone when mob spawns (let's say 3)
Keep no FTE with trackers rule
Foot Race start points and SoW only
Class Restriction extended to be 12-24 hours (as opposed to current 6), to facilitate the spreading of raid targets since Class R will inevitably take longer to kill theirs.
Full FFA on repops

Gonna quote one of my posts from last week.

A man can dream though...

Maybe one day, to be competitive on FFA mobs, you don't need to have a force that can show up at any time between 2AM-6PM, along with several trackers and FTEers in zone the entire 16 hour window.

Maybe one day, to be competitive you can note the time, send your tracker and FTEers out 30minutes before he spawns and have your guild camp out an hour in advance. Then you may race for and compete for a mob, without spending 16 hours camped out and constantly staring at a wall.

Surely there will always be 2AM mob spawns, and surely the Class C guilds will dominate those. But I have a dream my fellow 15-year old dragon pixel elf simulators. That one day, a guild's competitiveness will not be judged by their ability to field a force 24 hours a day. But will be judged by the content of their character's ability to race and do more will less. To pick and choose their battles and be able to put up a fight without staring at a wall for 16 hours.

Amen.

Thulack
11-12-2014, 04:32 PM

Because on the new server a rotation would be enforced. That is the whole point of a new server which you obviously are missing.

Buhbuh
11-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Join red instead bros. No jokes. I'll help you. PM me.

Thulack
11-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Join red instead bros. No jokes. I'll help you. PM me.

Not sure what people don't get about wanting to play a game and not have to worry about some dbag coming up behind me and killing me. You want PvP competition go play a MOBA or something.

Raev
11-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Thulack, what I am realizing about red is that if you are a good player the dbags actually have LESS control over you. Here they can just camp items AFK and jav spam and so on.

haksum
11-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Not sure what people don't get about wanting to play on a free emulated Everquest server that's provided to us by other people's hard work and good will that will cater to my playtime and personal pixel desires.

FTFY.

Summation of this entire thread.

kaev
11-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Not sure what people don't get about wanting to play on a free emulated Everquest server that's provided to us by other people's hard work and good will that will cater to my playtime and personal pixel desires.

Nice of you to clarify for us what your attitude is towards p99. I recommend against taking the mind-reader gig tho, you're really pretty shit at it, keep your day job.

Thulack
11-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Thulack, what I am realizing about red is that if you are a good player the dbags actually have LESS control over you. Here they can just camp items AFK and jav spam and so on.

I dont want to be a dick and camp afkers and such. Personally i'm one of those types that sits at a pc for 30 mins then has to get up and do something because i cant just sit there staring at my screen. It's what alot of people didnt get about me being in EC all the time. I was only actually at my PC maybe 70% of the time.

Hailto
11-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Make it a fresh box and I would donate. A fresh start on a decent population blue server would be a dream, server is boring and stagnant right now. Imagine how fun it would be to start over bros, some of the most fun had on EQ is leveling and scraping together gear, not buying full twink sets in EC tunnel. Getting your epic on a level one rogue is not fun in the long run, I tried it.

Daldaen
11-12-2014, 04:54 PM
But really. Need to take the Poopsock out of competition.

16 hour variance makes no one want to compete from Class R. Remove that, put in common sense anti-poopsocking rules (character limit in zone + foot racer starting point/Runspeed). Make Respawns full FFA.

Then you will see lots more competition. By all sorts of people. Not just those who like to stare at a wall for 16 hours.

Thulack
11-12-2014, 04:56 PM
FTFY.

Summation of this entire thread.

Ever looked at the difference between red and blue pop. Pretty sure my feeling are shared by more people that want civilized playing then the shithole that is Red.

Valakut
11-12-2014, 05:00 PM
wish sony would of figured this out along time ago. best case scenario its an experiment whether it works or not it would be fun to find out. considering many of the remnants of the classic era population has families and jobs and cannot poop sock for 16 hours. call it casual, class r, communist/socialist, whatever you wanna call it were just some old eq dudes trying to relive the dream.

Argh
11-12-2014, 05:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tzu6nvl.png

Ravager
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Make it a fresh box and I would donate. A fresh start on a decent population blue server would be a dream, server is boring and stagnant right now. Imagine how fun it would be to start over bros, some of the most fun had on EQ is leveling and scraping together gear, not buying full twink sets in EC tunnel. Getting your epic on a level one rogue is not fun in the long run, I tried it.

I put an epic on a level 1 rogue and managed to get him to 22 before I was bored of it.

haksum
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Nice of you to clarify for us what your attitude is towards p99. I recommend against taking the mind-reader gig tho, you're really pretty shit at it, keep your day job.

Sick burn, but you don't have to be a mind reader. You just have to look at post after post after post of people whining and look for the common threads. This may not be your personal view, but it obvious it's common among those posting here on the forums all of the time for change. I can clarify my attitude for you, stop being whiny bitches.

Ever looked at the difference between red and blue pop. Pretty sure my feeling are shared by more people that want civilized playing then the shithole that is Red.

I'm not talking about Red nor defending it. Not my style either. I'm talking about this thread and the blue mentality as of late.

Buhbuh
11-12-2014, 05:23 PM

Red99 applies to this and almost every other comment made here.

There's only a few tools left that grief on R99, most of whom you pass up in levels rather quickly.

Only 240 people on at prime time, plenty of room for growth. Whole guilds would enjoy it. Band together, even ask for help from twinked clowns trying to kill you. We've got twinked twink killers.

You dudes might enjoy it. The hassle of CRing from a death is alleviated by having friends who port, camping Rez timers to get Rez, etc. it's not as bad as some of you think.

THINK ABOUT IT

Genedin
11-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Why buy a new blue server when there is a perfectly good blue server up right now called red99?

One guild dominates almost all of the raid scene and they are accepting anyone.....

Moving from blue to red was best decision I ever made and I'm not even in that guild.

Buhbuh
11-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Why buy a new blue server when there is a perfectly good blue server up right now called red99?

One guild dominates almost all of the raid scene and they are accepting anyone.....

Moving from blue to red was best decision I ever made and I'm not even in that guild.

Teeroyoyort
11-12-2014, 05:46 PM
There would be nothing stopping anyone from playing on both servers. I would personally reroll a new toon on a server and race on one server, rotate on another. I'm sure lots of R folks would make C server toons, and lots of C folks would make R server toons and after 3-6 months you'll still be short mobs because there would be more guilds on both servers. Overall it could be better. You'll always have something to do on at least 1 server.

Naprox
11-12-2014, 05:58 PM
It's not about the pixels. It's about people wanting to be rid of playing amongst the caustic players. Most of us are well into our adult lives at this point. We deal with toxicity on a daily basis in our professional lives and we play this 15yr old game to not only relive old memories, but to escape the toxicity of the human rat race known as adulthood.

The problem is a new blue server would not achieve the desired result of excluding players with no integrity or moral characteristics of any kind. Hell if I thought for one moment that it could I'd pay for the latest and greatest server hardware money can buy completely out of my own pocket. The problem we have here is a cultural one and no amount of money or new servers will ever solve it.

Alarti0001
11-12-2014, 06:07 PM
It's not about the pixels. It's about people wanting to be rid of playing amongst the caustic players. Most of us are well into our adult lives at this point. We deal with toxicity on a daily basis in our professional lives and we play this 15yr old game to not only relive old memories, but to escape the toxicity of the human rat race known as adulthood.

The problem is a new blue server would not achieve the desired result of excluding players with no integrity or moral characteristics of any kind. Hell if I thought for one moment that it could I'd pay for the latest and greatest server hardware money can buy completely out of my own pocket. The problem we have here is a cultural one and no amount of money or new servers will ever solve it.

Bingo

Daldaen
11-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Getting a fixed rotation and no training Juggs, or planar trash to leapfrog another guild would help the culture a lot.

Forcing people to share, and interact with the understanding that not playing nice (IE trying to disrupt the rotation) would be harshly penalized by the GMs... Would also be a decent change a pace.

There's still the matter of people being greedy douches though... But let's take one step at a time.

Genedin
11-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Eh. This game really shows you how adults will act in private when self interest is concerned.

Kind of sad to see it is the same on both servers...but not surprising in the least.

At least I can slay those people on red otherwise I don't think I'd be here still.

Dizey
11-12-2014, 06:37 PM
I would donate and move or start over on a new raid rotation based server. To be honest though, I'd rather not have to. Id rather see the staff revisit the current C/R/FFA (VP to C Only) rotation, including variance, and their philosophy/vision behind it. I'd rather see the P99 blue community stay intact, but there is something fundamentally wrong when the vast majority of the server is constricted to such a small portion of the raid scene just because they don't want to conform to an extreme play style. It's been almost a year now in the current raid structure, and none of the guilds in the class R rotation are using it as the intended means of breaking into class C, and that speaks for itself.

I can't speak for others, but my personal reasons for not moving to class C are simple. I want to play, and be in a guild with, the friends and people that have helped me along the way here on P99. It's not that I don't want competition, or want my loot handed to me out of a vending machine. I just don't want to participate in the poopsocking and shenanigans that ensue as players find new ways to violate the spirit of the raid rules put in place in order to gain an unfair advantage over other guilds. I don't consider that to be competition.

Magnar
11-12-2014, 06:44 PM
I voted No, but I'm not happy with how things are. The solution isn't to split up the raid scene, it's to get rid of the ridiculous amount of arbitrary rules that make things so overcomplicated it's impossible for GMs to make spot rulings without contradicting one another.

kaev
11-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Bingo

Posted by one who knows :rolleyes:

squarez
11-12-2014, 07:44 PM
'No, I'm quite happy with the way things are'

is a loaded response btw. Some people might care, not be happy, and not like the proposed solution.

Megaevils
11-12-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm just the new guy around here, but all I hearing is a couple things:

1.) I don't like the rules so I'll throw money at it and make it go away. (consensus of myself and some others)
2.) I don't want to lose the current time and effort I have already invested into the game and my character. (consensus of myself and some others)

To me as a newbie to the p99 community, I ask why not join red? (if there was a character move would that motivate you?)

Is it just because you don't like the people who play PvP or that aspect of the game? Well, judging by the votes on this poll it says you can create an entire faction on the Red and make it the ideal game for you and your comrades, and you would have a sizable force to enforce your ideology with all your like minds. Not saying that PvP solves everything but there is an option for that.

Instead of paying lots of money for a NEW server (lots of costs go into that, plus maintenance and upkeep). Why not have a paid system for a character move from Blue to Red or maybe a more expensive option for a Cloned character move? This would generate more revenue for the project while maybe not increasing the already mountain of work I'm sure they are doing already.

Maybe I'm talking out my ass but the whole idea of trying to garner support to change how the current server mechanics are because your unhappy at them (throw money at it) is the same kind of tactics used by most MMO community's. Most companies cater to the complainers and dissatisfied customers, (WoW is a good example) I would hate to see that kind of thing happen here when there is a perfectly decent option of Red....

My few cents.

Sidenote: I kinda see the Red server like how EvE-Online's 0.0 space works. Pal with friends who share your ideology, control a region. Don't want to follow anyone elses rules, kill them, do what you wanted anyways. But of course this works both ways.

TL;DR
Why pay extra money for services already rendered (support them anyways), join red, do what you want with your friends/community. EvE is a neato game. Eat cake.

Always room for cake,

Hailto
11-12-2014, 09:51 PM

Personally I just want a server with a fresh start, if I have to play on a rotation server for that I would be fine with it. EQ is so fun before the server stagnates and gets top heavy. I don't have any illusions that this server would be full of angels.

Swish
11-12-2014, 10:46 PM
To me as a newbie to the p99 community, I ask why not join red?

This is an excellent question, and I've yet to see a really convincing answer as to why you wouldn't give it a try <3

I know someone who ragequit his monk (SenoraRaton aka Charlatan) because he died in pvp, but a couple of days later he rolled a SK and has since leveled to 50+ and continues to play.

Just get that initial negativity out of your system and adjust yourself to something very familiar yet fun and different... free of EC fat cats, camp lawyers and dragon pixel queues :)

Clark
11-12-2014, 11:03 PM
How much do I have to pay for Chest to be permanently moved to the EZ server? Serious question.

maestrom
11-12-2014, 11:24 PM

I suck at PvP and I'm not very good at EQ in general. But I love it. Red would be great if I didn't feel like I would spend most of my time on CR.

Being honest.

Reguiy
11-12-2014, 11:43 PM

I can't speak for the blue community as a whole, but personally over the last 15 years I have played many other PvP games. I have learned that EQ PvP is horribly designed and there are MUCH better options if I want to enjoy PVPing. Now I could get into why EQ PvP is terrible, but I have things to do and that explanation would take a long time.

Now you could argue that EQ PVE is terrible, but it's unique and frankly I don't play p99 for cutting edge PVE encounters. I play on blue to relax with a slow paced game and enjoy some nostalgia. Also, to see some stuff I missed out on long ago at the birth of my online video game experience.

Now, I also played on PvP servers back in the day. Half the time I spent playing EQ was on either VZ or SZ. But those experiences could not possibly be relived on red99. Red99 is top heavy and raid-centric. On VZ I never got above lvl 25 on my rogue(who was my main on VZ). That's not to say I didn't play him, I played him all the time, I had 30+ days played, but my focus wasn't on leveling, it was on killing elves. Same thing with my shaman on SZ. If I saw someone who was red, my friends and I didn't rest until they were dead or we died in the process of trying to kill them.

Anyway, hope that answers some of your questions.

fahlen
11-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Voted yeah simply because the first year-ish of this server was an absolute blast. Some of the most fun I've had playing any game. Will be less fun the third time around but meh. Probably quit at 60 anyways since I despise rotations. Don't see this happening within the next couple years anyways.

Kushie
11-13-2014, 12:46 AM
shut up and take my money (for a new server)

maestrom
11-13-2014, 02:13 AM
I'd be interested to see how many people donated today and wrote notes about a new server :P

Clark
11-13-2014, 02:35 AM
LOL nice sig Kushie :)

Rec
11-13-2014, 02:51 AM
It's neat seeing the people who already have all the advantages of starting on the server from the beginning not wanting other people to have that same enjoyment.

Fanguru
11-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Would fund.

Doil_Boil
11-13-2014, 07:07 AM
It's neat seeing the people who already have all the advantages of starting on the server from the beginning not wanting other people to have that same enjoyment.

That's what I see.

Also, it will be interesting to see how the class c guilds feel about being the most geared characters on a server everyone else has moved on from.

Honestly, I feel like that's a likely factor for the devs when considering this. They would have to be worried that the server they've been planning to turn into a custom content server may be abandoned for a place where civility reigns. There are far more casual players that would be interested in a rotation server than tryhard neckbeards that prefer to "compete" (aka spending as much time plugged in as possible).

Buriedpast
11-13-2014, 07:24 AM
My last post on the matter.

What makes you think LOTS of class C folk who hate the current system wouldn't also move, and play at a much more relaxed pace without our hands being forced, and with a natural order/unwritten agreement to PNP and mutual respect. I know plenty.

brecon
11-13-2014, 07:32 AM
I want to second the idea that a new blue server launches, with a Class R rotation, but ALSO that it is a new server. I'd much prefer to force a full reroll and experience content that way.

arsenalpow
11-13-2014, 07:32 AM
My last post on the matter.

What makes you think LOTS of class C folk who hate the current system wouldn't also move, and play at a much more relaxed pace without our hands being forced, and with a natural order/unwritten agreement to PNP and mutual respect. I know plenty.

Then what's stopping a degree of civility from springing up on this server? The toxic end game has persisted for almost 5 years straight at this point, at what point does that change?

Buriedpast
11-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Then what's stopping a degree of civility from springing up on this server? The toxic end game has persisted for almost 5 years straight at this point, at what point does that change?

You tell me. I dont have the answers. All I know is that in a room full of cocks, you're gonna have a cockfight. Best to give those cocks some room to breathe.

And even better, let em grow up as chicks and learn to share lunch.

rollin5k
11-13-2014, 08:08 AM
to the people that said this would end up a server with red size population, a new rotation server would be way more popular than competitive.
dont know what you guys smokin.

Pan
11-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Another option might be a no-CSR Purgatory server.

Although I cannot find it now, but when I first joined p99 I think the first rule of conduct was don't be a douchebag (or was it dick?).

Copy the code, turn the power on, and leave it alone. Then allow open /movelog to Purgatory for those who truly want to "compete" without regard to anything else.

And most importantly, move the inveterate douchebags (or douchebag guilds) to that server as they perpetrate douchebaggery on this one. That threat alone might make this place a little more civil.

Swish
11-13-2014, 09:23 AM
to the people that said this would end up a server with red size population, a new rotation server would be way more popular than competitive.
dont know what you guys smokin.

blue once had a red sized population

brecon
11-13-2014, 09:30 AM
People seem to be of the wrong opinion that every discussion pertaining to blue should be about how awesome red is.

It's not. We're not talking about Red. Red is not the solution to any of these problems. Please stop.

eqravenprince
11-13-2014, 09:35 AM
If there was a way to do everquest raid dungeons with instancing that would be the way to do it.

Daldaen
11-13-2014, 10:00 AM
All of these threads are why instancing is in every game after EQ.

People don't play nice on the Internet.

webrunner5
11-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Yep, I would definitely donate/pay monthly.

I don't think that can ever happen. Sony would sue the hell out of Nilbog IF he has a mandatory pay system on here. He can ONLY ask for Donations. End of story. And you know how well "Donations" work out in the long run. Sony owns the rights to EQ plain and simple. :(

Swish
11-13-2014, 10:30 AM
People seem to be of the wrong opinion that every discussion pertaining to blue should be about how awesome red is.

It's not. We're not talking about Red. Red is not the solution to any of these problems. Please stop.

Actually in this case it's making people realise that blue didn't always have a nightly 1200 pop, and that there were times when you'd level on blue and zone into an empty Mistmoore.

No need to get mad :(

Schwing
11-13-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm sure lots of R folks would make C server toons,

This doesn't make any sense. People that want this new server want to leave the existing one. If they wanted a class c environment they'd just stay here. They're certainly not going to want to level a second character on a second server and raid hardcore on one and casually on the other.

Thatt
11-13-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm going to vote yes, because I would pay to start on a fresh server. Raid rotation means little to me, though I'd support it if given a vote. Movelog would void any benefit to me and I wouldn't consider the change if it were enabled. What I would pay for, and pay well, is a fresh start server with MQ disabled. I don't really know why any of us are wasting our breath though.

myriverse
11-13-2014, 10:59 AM
There would be nothing stopping anyone from playing on both servers. I would personally reroll a new toon on a server and race on one server, rotate on another. I'm sure lots of R folks would make C server toons, and lots of C folks would make R server toons and after 3-6 months you'll still be short mobs because there would be more guilds on both servers. Overall it could be better. You'll always have something to do on at least 1 server.
I can see there being some (few) R folks who want to become C folks... but they're already on a C server. So it's moot.

However, I cannot see there being even a single C folk who wants to be an R folk. And if there was one, they simply don't have to switch servers, just stop being competitive. So again... it's moot.

Being C or R is a personal choice that can be made without new server(s).

What the whole "new server" idea sounds like is simply a desire to not associate with certain players.

AnOldEnemy
11-13-2014, 11:00 AM
How bout just a server with a classic timeline?

Movelog should only allow 1 character to move.

wwoneo
11-13-2014, 12:21 PM

+1 However, I still want to enact change. Change doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be better than the status quo.

Waedawen
11-13-2014, 12:45 PM
12 pages less than 24 hours

Impressive, Star Fox

rollin5k
11-13-2014, 01:13 PM
what I'm saying is the majority of people want a rotation. The minority forces the competition. Not about total pop. So if you take 50% of blue that's still way more than red

arsenalpow
11-13-2014, 01:19 PM
what I'm saying is the majority of people want a rotation. The minority forces the competition. Not about total pop. So if you take 50% of blue that's still way more than red

I think the population would actually increase overall. There's dozens of people in BDA that just faded away because they hit that glass raid ceiling. They weren't willing to ditch the guild and they weren't willing to play like TMO/IB so they just quit entirely. There's plenty of casual guilds with members exactly like that who want to experience raid content.

Hell, the hardcore server could just have a very spartan ruleset and plenty of old TMO/IB might show up for the fight. Allow training or just xp=loot, whatever.

Magnar
11-13-2014, 01:40 PM
How bout just a server with a classic timeline?

Movelog should only allow 1 character to move.

If there's a server with a classic timeline then there should be no movelog option, at all, as it would bring things over that are outside of the timeline.

Thatt
11-13-2014, 01:43 PM
If there's a server with a classic timeline then there should be no movelog option, at all, as it would bring things over that are outside of the timeline.

exactly.

jcr4990
11-13-2014, 02:07 PM
I think the population would actually increase overall. There's dozens of people in BDA that just faded away because they hit that glass raid ceiling. They weren't willing to ditch the guild and they weren't willing to play like TMO/IB so they just quit entirely. There's plenty of casual guilds with members exactly like that who want to experience raid content.

Hell, the hardcore server could just have a very spartan ruleset and plenty of old TMO/IB might show up for the fight. Allow training or just xp=loot, whatever.I'm in that awkward place myself. I really want no part of the TMO/IB playstyle but they're unfortunately the only real option to advance once you reach a certain point.

Clark
11-13-2014, 02:15 PM
How much do I have to pay for Chest to be permanently moved to the EZ server? Serious question.

Ravager
11-13-2014, 02:25 PM
The funniest jokes are the ones you have to repeat.

prc018100
11-13-2014, 02:46 PM
I would support this new server. However, if more guilds were added to the rotation, eventually it could become a similar problem. At that point, perhaps spawn rates could be adjusted to accommodate. I quit progressing in project 1999 a few months ago due to being in a class R guild and looking at the odds of me ever obtaining my magician epic with one chance at Inny every 1-3 months (can't remember the exact amount but it was bad). Just seemed pointless when the best item for my class being virtually un-obtainable. Although I know I might get a lot of hate for this comment, but I'd even be ok with a limit on the number of hours you can play per month on such a server.

I understand a lot of days / hours have gone into building the project 1999 database. However, keeping the spirit in mind that this was founded on an open source project (eqemu). Any chance the server admins would be willing to release the database information for each release (classic / kunark) to allow some of us to setup local servers with our friends / family?

drktmplr12
11-13-2014, 02:47 PM

I wonder why...

Magnar
11-13-2014, 02:58 PM
I would support this new server. However, if more guilds were added to the rotation, eventually it could become a similar problem. At that point, perhaps spawn rates could be adjusted to accommodate. I quit progressing in project 1999 a few months ago due to being in a class R guild and looking at the odds of me ever obtaining my magician epic with one chance at Inny every 1-3 months (can't remember the exact amount but it was bad). Just seemed pointless when the best item for my class being virtually un-obtainable. Although I know I might get a lot of hate for this comment, but I'd even be ok with a limit on the number of hours you can play per month on such a server.

I understand a lot of days / hours have gone into building the project 1999 database. However, keeping the spirit in mind that this was founded on an open source project (eqemu). Any chance the server admins would be willing to release the database information for each release (classic / kunark) to allow some of us to setup local servers with our friends / family?

That's how it was on live. It wasn't instant epics for everyone because there were armies of max level characters sitting around to zerg everything down. Shit is supposed to take time in EQ.

drktmplr12
11-13-2014, 03:03 PM

I quit for this reason. And burned out on KC. Nothing will solve that though.

prc018100
11-13-2014, 04:08 PM
That's how it was on live. It wasn't instant epics for everyone because there were armies of max level characters sitting around to zerg everything down. Shit is supposed to take time in EQ.

I had my magician epic on live. I'm well aware of the time commitment necessary to complete it. Not sure what your server was like, but there were not armies of max level characters on mine. Just a 4-5 guilds doing the endgame stuff. Plus, they added Magi P`Tasa not too long after Velious (i think) which helped most people get their earth staff without having to wait 3 months for a chance at inny.

Doil_Boil
11-13-2014, 04:11 PM
What the whole "new server" idea sounds like is simply a desire to not associate with certain players.

Yep. Don't want to "compete" with neckbeards that have 16+ hours a day to camp a mob. Want to experience the high end raid environment, and *gasp*, share it with others. Don't even want to monopolize every spawn. Shocking stuff.

-TK-
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM
I quit for this reason. And burned out on KC. Nothing will solve that though.

Honestly just curious but you hit the 'glass raid ceiling' with a level 52 monk? Assuming that your sig is accurate. Being burned out on KC is understandable by everyone I think, but there is a solution to that....go somewhere else. :D I don't know if you have your epic or not but that's completely manageable if you're in AG without any crazy raid or drop holding you back. And AG does plenty of raiding so are you sick of waiting to get to VP or something because I know they are seeing other end-game content.

drktmplr12
11-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Honestly just curious but you hit the 'glass raid ceiling' with a level 52 monk? Assuming that your sig is accurate. Being burned out on KC is understandable by everyone I think, but there is a solution to that....go somewhere else. :D I don't know if you have your epic or not but that's completely manageable if you're in AG without any crazy raid or drop holding you back. And AG does plenty of raiding so are you sick of waiting to get to VP or something because I know they are seeing other end-game content.

Not necessarily the same 'glass raid ceiling' as he refers to. However, consider what I have to look forward to as a 52 monk with scheduled play time... raiding just doesn't fit because:

Variance is a good idea that doesn't work and ends up penalizing everyone.

Too many people fighting over the same mobs makes it feel like the overcrowded swimming pool on deck 13 of the weekend cruise 'getaway'.

MQ's are classic, but stupid because it provides incentive for people with lots of free time to farm irrelevant content which affects how I (and many others) play the game every time I log on.

Economy is completely ruined because of large amounts of platinum and high end loot floating around (which all seems to be controlled by the same people).

All of these items have impacted what the server is today. To be clear I didn't log off one day and say I'm quitting because this sucks. I logged off and didn't feel the need to log back on because it just sucked trying to compete with everyone on everything right down to NO DROP quest loot and I got sick of it. So many bad experiences with randoms.

It's been a few months since I've logged in. AG was just getting into the mix with their first Trak kill and a few run ins with Gore and Talendor. Me quitting had nothing to do with what AG was or wasn't doing. AG is awesome. It is more a reflection of the state of the server.

And yet, here I am on the forums following this discussion.. why? I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Ravager
11-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Not necessarily the same 'glass raid ceiling' as he refers to. However, consider what I have to look forward to as a 52 monk with scheduled play time... raiding just doesn't fit because:

Too many people fighting over the same mobs makes it feel like the overcrowded swimming pool on deck 13 of the weekend cruise 'getaway'.

MQ's are classic, but stupid because it provides incentive for people with lots of free time to farm irrelevant content which affects how I (and many others) play the game every time I log on.

Economy is completely ruined because of large amounts of platinum and high end loot floating around (which all seems to be controlled by the same people).

All of these items have impacted what the server is today. To be clear I didn't log off one day and say I'm quitting because this sucks. I logged off and didn't feel the need to log back on because it just sucked trying to compete with everyone on everything right down to NO DROP quest loot and I got sick of it. So many bad experiences with randoms.

It's been a few months since I've logged in. AG was just getting into the mix with their first Trak kill and a few run ins with Gore and Talendor. Me quitting had nothing to do with what AG was or wasn't doing. AG is awesome. It is more a reflection of the state of the server.

And yet, here I am on the forums following this discussion.. why? I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Gotta love it when 5 other classes are rolling on no drop epic pieces. Even better when 3 of those 5 can't even do the mq without an enchanter.

Ele
11-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Gotta love it when 5 other classes are rolling on no drop epic pieces. Even better when 3 of those 5 can't even do the mq without an enchanter.

EQ all about team work amiright? The MQers are job makers.

Swish
11-13-2014, 07:13 PM
EQ all about team work amiright? The MQers are job makers.

MQers just bottleneck epic mobs. Not saying epics should be a breeze, but think of those pals who've waited and waited on Verina Tomb, Ragefire, Cazic Thule etc etc.

Some of them are still waiting. I'd like to see MQ capability stripped completely and epics proving the hard work that genuinely went in ;)

Littlegyno 10.0
11-13-2014, 07:21 PM
RED99 RECRUITING. HOLO CROOTING.

CAMPS OPEN, RAID MOBS OPEN.

WINTER IS COMING YOWL.

toolshed
11-13-2014, 08:16 PM

WINTER IS COMING YOWL.

These type of posts only segregate the blue community from the red community. I know you're trying to be sharper than a knife edge there, but it really just hurts your case. Nobody is rerolling off of posts like that.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-13-2014, 08:32 PM

Pm me and I'll give you some starter cash for your new red monk.

Toodles
11-13-2014, 08:56 PM

I think you're underestimating just how overpopulated blue is entirely,

And your overestimating how necessary competitive raiding is for the entire server in general.

Top R guilds and C guilds goto RED. You get a place with less population and yet more competitiveness - you know to bring out the best in you.
Blue gets rid of the vileness and everyone is happy.

The end.

TDLR; no need for a new server. Guilds just need to grow up or get out.

EDIT:
MQers just bottleneck epic mobs. Not saying epics should be a breeze, but think of those pals who've waited and waited on Verina Tomb, Ragefire, Cazic Thule etc etc.

Some of them are still waiting. I'd like to see MQ capability stripped completely and epics proving the hard work that genuinely went in ;)

You must be joking man, that wouldn't be 'classic.' The rules are simple, every one has to suffer while 'classic' mechanics are exploited and abused for nothing but greed.

foldupmonk
11-13-2014, 08:59 PM
So what about server parts? I might have some I can donate from a bunch of "dead" servers (aka one of the parts is out of warranty and then ends up trashed) that are all pretty decent.

Though then I would want all of the top pop to go over to the new blue server that takes over beta. All top raid spawns for the top guilds but half maybe even a quarter spawn time. Lets them raid, can transfer a 45+ over to that server but no coming back. Content has to end at some point right

iruinedyourday
11-13-2014, 09:02 PM

I dont understand why people hate MQ so much..

an MQ change change wouldn't affect Mage epic - druid epic - enchanter epic - necro epic - wizard epic - bard epic - war epic - SK epic..

it'd change rogue epic which would affect end game rogues, who cannot do ANY solo questing farming at lvl 60 for thier main toon, who are often the ones doing the leg work for MQ's of those ragebringers...

itd change shaman epic like a TINY amount.. you would just go up to fear at 46 piggy backing on a raid the way people do, all the time...

it'd change what else? not much!

Gimi a break, MQ is not a big deal but everyone hates it.. why?

It's a quest, why does everyone have their panties in such a bunch over someone doing a quest on p99 thats been done a billion times.. who cares? Quests are fun, enjoy the game!

I love it when people do MQ's they get a bunch of thier friends involved, they go around norrath talking to NPC's selling things, keeping the economy moving..

MQ not a big deal...

Buhbuh
11-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Red99

Doil_Boil
11-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Red99

Red red red? Red redred!

mgellan
11-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Rotation server fine, /movelog fine, but make it naked. Start the server from scratch but don't waste all the time we've spent levelling our toons (esp for those of us who have taken a loooong time to get their first toon to 60). Seems to me it'd be pretty fun re-equpping and the current bloated economy would disappear as everyone would be too busy equipping themselves to worry about MQing stuff...

Regards,
Mg

Magnar
11-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Rotation server fine, /movelog fine, but make it naked. Start the server from scratch but don't waste all the time we've spent levelling our toons (esp for those of us who have taken a loooong time to get their first toon to 60). Seems to me it'd be pretty fun re-equpping and the current bloated economy would disappear as everyone would be too busy equipping themselves to worry about MQing stuff...

Regards,
Mg

Naked movelog is stupid. Necromancers and Magicians will just dominate anything remotely farmable. Not to mention, the server in question was talked about starting from scratch, so the cap would be 50.

mokfarg
11-13-2014, 11:59 PM
New fresh server, no /movelogs, and all items bind on pickup. That would fix a lot of things about Everquest right there.

Edit: All items accept crafted of course

Schwing
11-14-2014, 12:01 AM
I would definitely prefer the /movelog option. As others have said, the idea is to continue raiding, but in a civil environment. The poll isn't about a fresh start.

mokfarg
11-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Another idea that would be nice for a Everquest classic server if no one goes for the all items bind on pickup would be a rogue like server, you may only be resurrected 1 time by the 0%, 2 by the higher, 3 and then no more. You are dead. The exp rate on this server of course would be x200 or something.

mgellan
11-14-2014, 12:11 AM
Naked movelog is stupid. Necromancers and Magicians will just dominate anything remotely farmable. Not to mention, the server in question was talked about starting from scratch, so the cap would be 50.

No it wasn't, it was simple copy across and /movelog. And frankly Shammies and Chanters would be more OP than Necros and Mages LOL. How is that different than now?

Regards,
Mg

Reguiy
11-14-2014, 12:32 AM

Regards,
Mg

My necro is almost 60, so I am completely ok with this idea.

iruinedyourday
11-14-2014, 01:01 AM
permadeath server u sissypantss'

Faron
11-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Voted yes if voice communication can be banned. Everyone sounds 300 lbs to me. It's gotta stop.

drdrakes
11-14-2014, 03:04 AM
Someone killed this server so we need a new one anyways.

quido
11-14-2014, 03:08 AM
Chest and his brood will always find a reason to cry.

Dany
11-14-2014, 03:09 AM
I'd donate only if it would be a brand new server. Everyone level 1 and no gear.

Archalen
11-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Come up with solutions that require minimal staff oversight / intervention and you will probably have a better chance at being listened to. This should probably be your number one criteria in determining whether a solution is viable or not, even above your personal opinion about how the raid scene should look.

Kexon
11-14-2014, 10:57 AM
I'd donate only if it would be a brand new server. Everyone level 1 and no gear.
this

toolshed
11-14-2014, 11:06 AM
MQ not a big deal...

There are just too many MQed epics on this server. I don't even remember seeing this high of a percentage of epics on live with PoP.....much less Kunark.

Basically MQed epics facilitates RMT because the bottlenecked mobs are perma camped by the RMT campers. Perma camped mobs -> people frustrated -> buy MQ instead of farming it themselves -> pp to RMT farmer -> RMT farmer pays rent

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-14-2014, 11:10 AM
No one farms to pay rent. People farm to buy items and cash out when they're done. The only people who do it for any money at all are guild leaders or officer core who might be in a tight money pinch.

If you have enough dedication to farm something for 24 hours a day you wouldn't do it for $1/hr

Peacocky
11-14-2014, 12:12 PM
It seem alot of split discussion on this thread, whether to start afresh or move a character to a new server, and sure I would donate, where can I start?. Let me know when I can get my bard epic other than having to MQ's or the need to join TMO/IB.

Snagglepuss
11-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin are two of of the most contested groupable epic mobs. They can't be MQ'd. I would argue that stuff is permacamped because of the skewed higher level population not because RMT sockers.

With exception to rage fire, what non-raid epic targets are permacamped?

Buriedpast
11-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Imagine how much kedge keep will be perma camped by a server with 1500 active people with multiple level 60's of which 70% will want Strength of the Elements.

Good luck bards/wiz, and mage somewhat for epics.

Endonde
11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
It seem alot of split discussion on this thread, whether to start afresh or move a character to a new server, and sure I would donate, where can I start?. Let me know when I can get my bard epic other than having to MQ's or the need to join TMO/IB.

Many epics will become significantly easier once Velious comes out, Even without TMO/IB certain epics would still be very hard to obtain during the Kunark era.

Daldaen
11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin are two of of the most contested groupable epic mobs. They can't be MQ'd. I would argue that stuff is permacamped because of the skewed higher level population not because RMT sockers.

With exception to rage fire, what non-raid epic targets are permacamped?

Wraith of Shissar dies pretty quick after spawning too I think.

Ragefire is all sorts of dumb. If they fixed Cleric Epic to be classic it would still be camped but a bit less by MQ sellers and more by clerics doing their epics. See here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166462). Would require people do full epic not just camp Gimblox.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Wraith of Shissar dies pretty quick after spawning too I think.

Ragefire is all sorts of dumb. If they fixed Cleric Epic to be classic it would still be camped but a bit less by MQ sellers and more by clerics doing their epics. See here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166462). Would require people do full epic not just camp Gimblox.

Wraith spawns with every full respawn and isn't even on the radar for tmo / ib. If you're going in for a draco or some shit just snag em. Also don't think wraith has variance, but could be wrong ont hat one. Pretty sure it's a straight 72.

Grizzled
11-15-2014, 12:55 AM
would the new server have to be classic? This could be a chance for some of these devs and gm's to get there old game master juices flowing. Why bother with the same old quests everyone knows? Why not have a progressive server with all new quests! Especially epic quests. They were epic back in the day, not so much now. A new wiki would have to be formed so peeps could posts the quest they did and how they completed it etc.

buffmagnum
11-15-2014, 07:16 AM
No interest in this. Take down red and save resources after velious. Start 2 new blue servers at the same time 1 year after velious. Make 1 rule different. A server has a level/limit. B server does not.

A server 1-5 a day...if you want to farm and TS fine.
10-20 one level/8 hours
20-30 one level/16
30-40 one level/32
40-50 one week
Feel free to suggest changes to the above, but you get the idea this would have a more classic stigma. If you are leveling too fast you can create another char. I bet many would end up playing a different toon than what they started.

B power through make stuff up I will be on the other server. <wave>

Originally posted this on the PvP server team poll.
The idea is to have 2 servers starting at the same time and people would have to make a choice as to how fast they would want to level up.

Magnar
11-15-2014, 01:33 PM
No interest in this. Take down red and save resources after velious. Start 2 new blue servers at the same time 1 year after velious. Make 1 rule different. A server has a level/limit. B server does not.

10-20 one level/8 hours
20-30 one level/16
30-40 one level/32
40-50 one week
Feel free to suggest changes to the above, but you get the idea this would have a more classic stigma. If you are leveling too fast you can create another char. I bet many would end up playing a different toon than what they started.

The idea is to have 2 servers starting at the same time and people would have to make a choice as to how fast they would want to level up.

That has to be the absolute worst idea I've ever heard in my entire life...and I almost got married.

Swish
11-15-2014, 01:51 PM
I say we start up 5-6 new servers all with different rules <3

MaSQue
11-15-2014, 02:24 PM
do a kickstarter?

Swish
11-15-2014, 03:50 PM
do a kickstarter?

Stretch goals = "guise of the deceiver, quantity (X)" given out :D

evan1612
11-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Stretch goals = "guise of the deceiver, quantity (X)" given out :D

Exactly why it should be regulated to something non-game changing like :

Being able to xfer over JUST your old characters name(1 per account)
Access to beta testing the new server
A shout out from the devs/owner thanking you for your contribution

Things along those lines, I bet some people could come up with really good ideas.

Thatt
11-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Kickstarter was what I had in mind when I originally asked in the other thread if there was a number that we could raise that would convince the P99Gods to give us a non-mq blue server. I still haven't heard anyone say that "yes there is a number..", so this whole discussion is a waste of time as far as I know.

Bubbageo
11-16-2014, 06:33 PM
This would be great. I understand the "it isn't classic" argument. But I feel like people came to p99 for nostalgia. A server with two guilds nailing down 90% of the content, while gearing their 4 alts may be classic, but completely misses the point in my opinion. I've been here since day one. It's enough already, please.

jcr4990
11-17-2014, 12:30 AM

10-20 one level/8 hours
20-30 one level/16
30-40 one level/32
40-50 one week

The idea is to have 2 servers starting at the same time and people would have to make a choice as to how fast they would want to level up.I want some of the drugs this guy is doing

Faiding
11-17-2014, 02:09 AM
What exactly is the incentive for devs to keep the current server running? Is ad revenue from the forums that good? Does it shine on the resume?

Or is there some intrinsic value in providing an outlet for ex-EQ Live players who are now going through their quarter-life crises?

My current guess is masochism, but fortunately the forums don't represent most of the mentality of the server.

MrPanther
11-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Just want to add my voice to the fray.

As many have already said, I pledge an honest donation to the creation of a second blue-99 server with a simple rotation schedule. This server would be a fresh, reroll. Start at classic and release Kunark a year later.

History has time and time and time and time shown again x1000 times that if you leave private interests wide open to adults, rules get abused. This is human nature (at least in western cultures). Its either A) Extreme greed pushing "class C" guild members to maintain exclusive control to some of the raid content and/or B) the monetization of getting high end items and large amounts of plat for use in RMT. With 1k at around $3 an item worth 100K can suddenly pay a utility bill for a guild leader or officer. Just 3 or 4 of those a month and you can live on that. You guys better believe me when I say there are people playing on this server exclusively to farm items and make real life money. Do you think platlord just double boxes and has some kids farming for him? No! He has partnered with people in elite guilds, who knows how many people coordinate the system. Do not underestimate how far people will go to protect their money, many who discredit this fact are the ones profiting from it.

If you just forget about all the circumstances leading up to the rules and everything and just look at the situation, does it seem right certain guilds are "allowed" to do certain content and others haven't "earned" that privilege? Its insane!

I resonate most with the guys that say we are an older demographic that are drawn to playing a good nostalgic mmo, the best mmo there ever was, Everquest. When I was 15 I was totally fine with sitting 4pm to 6am staring at my computer but now with a job and a kid I just can't swing that.

+1 for funding a reroll blue server with guild rotations.

webrunner5
11-17-2014, 04:31 AM
Money corrupts! Look at the US Congress. Same o, same o. And we voted most of the same old turds right back in. :o:o

buffmagnum
11-17-2014, 08:08 AM
JCR4990
You might have looked at my location, get your state to vote medicinal first.

Peacocky
11-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Many epics will become significantly easier once Velious comes out, Even without TMO/IB certain epics would still be very hard to obtain during the Kunark era.

Are you kidding me!, very well then I will resume donation once being epic'd. Preferably from lvl 50. May as well give monk's and rogue's free epic at lvl 1, since it is so easy with no fancy stuff :)

maestrom
11-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Better than a poll is just writing in that you would play on a new blue server when you donate.

Put your money where your... finger is?

wwoneo
11-17-2014, 02:04 PM

WINTER IS COMING YOWL.

The enormous sum of red recruiting posts just shows how desperate they are for more people because the population on their server is that devastating to the game play. If red really was a good server, they would be content not having any more people join, but it's obviously not a good server, otherwise we wouldn't hear people crying about it all day long.

feanan
11-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Hard to make the rent with such a small population for RMT

Niedar
11-17-2014, 02:59 PM
The enormous sum of red recruiting posts just shows how desperate they are for more people because the population on their server is that devastating to the game play. If red really was a good server, they would be content not having any more people join, but it's obviously not a good server, otherwise we wouldn't hear people crying about it all day long.

derp

Let me follow this argument. Red could be better and because people try to make Red better than it already is it is obviously bad because if it was good people wouldn't want to make it better.

This is coming from a guy that is not happy with blue and wants to make it better by creating a brand new blue server. If blue was good though he wouldn't want to do that so blue is obviously a bad.

Nirgon
11-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Would you donate for a true classic time line so this wasn't an issue

=)

Best suggestion so far has been deal with it

wwoneo
11-17-2014, 03:06 PM
derp

Let me follow this argument. Red could be better and because people try to make Red better than it already is it is obviously bad because if it was good people wouldn't want to make it better.

Correct. Why would any individual want to switch to a server that's already proven to be crap?

This is coming from a guy that is not happy with blue and wants to make it better by creating a brand new blue server. If blue was good though he wouldn't want to do that so blue is obviously a bad.

Who said blue was "good"? It's significantly better than red. However, let's suppose I considered blue to be just as bad as red, why would I switch from a bad server to another bad server? That doesn't make any sense. What I want is to go from a bad server to a good server.

Joining red is not the answer. Proven fact.

Niedar
11-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Ok so both red and blue are bad then. Lets go with that, now you are saying that even though both red and blue are bad red is worse than blue and that is just a fact. I guess because its a fact there is no reason why red is worse than blue, it is just an inherent part of the universe.

Maybe you should just say I don't like red instead of throwing out bullshit about red being bad because people want to improve it, by recruiting some fresh blood.

Red_Psyphon
11-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Join the Red army. See you soon comrades.

Fame
11-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Nah but would def donate for a new red server

wwoneo
11-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Ok so both red and blue are bad then. Lets go with that, now you are saying that even though both red and blue are bad red is worse than blue and that is just a fact. I guess because its a fact there is no reason why red is worse than blue, it is just an inherent part of the universe.

Maybe you should just say I don't like red instead of throwing out bullshit about red being bad because people want to improve it, by recruiting some fresh blood.

I think you need to reread my hypothetical before replying. I said, ASSUMING that blue is just as bad as red, why would I move to a server and start all over? There is no benefit of moving to a server that is just as bad. Starting all over on a bad server would lead to the same result. I don't know how many more ways I can restate that so you'll understand.

I'll restate it one more time for you...
Assuming both servers are equal in terms of being inadequate servers, there is NO benefit to switching to red. In fact, I would be at a loss because the same result would occur AND I would be releveling an entirely new character. That does NOT sound enticing at all.

Here let me help you even further I'll add an analogy. That seems to help out people visualize arguments.

You hate eating apples. You also know that oranges suck as much as apples. Someone tells you to eat oranges since you don't like apples. Why would you eat an orange if you already know it sucks?

I hope this helps you understand. Have a good one.

Clark
11-17-2014, 04:42 PM
JCR4990
You might have looked at my location, get your state to vote medicinal first.

Is crazy way more states should have at least medicinal by now.

Need more of these old conservatives who latch on with their last bit of breath to outdated philosophies and beliefs to pass onto the afterlife.