PDA

View Full Version : P99amory or P99Players or something?

drelk001
11-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Is anyone working on a P99players or a P99 armory or something? I would love to see that in action. I also hate the idea of magelo because anyone could just go up there and throw their character up there with level 60 all kunark raid gear and stuff..... why cant we just view the real thing? you know? anyone working on it?

drelk001
11-17-2014, 10:58 PM
I guess someone has been working on this thing p1999.dmsimard.com

myriverse
11-18-2014, 08:14 AM
That's not really similar to WOWArmory or EQplayers. That's just a /who all log parsed census.

Niedar
11-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Is anyone working on a P99players or a P99 armory or something? I would love to see that in action. I also hate the idea of magelo because anyone could just go up there and throw their character up there with level 60 all kunark raid gear and stuff..... why cant we just view the real thing? you know? anyone working on it?

Not possible. There is no server API to pull inventory/equipment data from. Never looked into the magelo stuff on the wiki but from a cursory glance it looks like you have to manually add all your items. There is an everquest command though that outputs all your equipped items/inventory/bank inventory data into a file which could be used as input into a magelo like system. Someone could still bullshit their profile though.

drelk001
11-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Not possible. There is no server API to pull inventory/equipment data from.

that sucks

Niedar
11-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Yeah, even if p99 staff decided they would be interested in dedicating development resources to creating an API (unlikely), it probably would never happen as all crazies would throw a fit about not being classic.

squarez
11-18-2014, 10:01 AM
use the magelo on the wiki, keep your char updated there

Ele
11-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah, even if p99 staff decided they would be interested in dedicating development resources to creating an API (unlikely), it probably would never happen as all crazies would throw a fit about not being classic.

The 1% would complain about it giving away their 15 year old secret potion and clickie combinations.

Daldaen
11-18-2014, 11:33 AM
The 1% would complain about it giving away their 15 year old secret potion and clickie combinations.

And I would create a friends list of every Anon/role 60 druid/cleric and continually ask them for buffs and rezzes.

Down with Anon/role. So unclassic to have half the server /Anon.