PDA

View Full Version : Enchanters, Shamans , Druids ,Oh My!

Enxienty
11-18-2014, 09:53 AM
So the question in debate is , which class is the most efficient to get as a first 60?

With many of the drops being "permacamped" now a days , what takes the crown At farming as a level 60?

A level 60 shaman for it's pure OP makeup
A level 60 enchanter for that chardok/ ability to lull their way into the depths of dungeons
A level 60 Druid for PLing , because I honestly don't know what else they can do for great farming lol

And because I have too

So tell us,,, what you think!,, come on,!

Daldaen
11-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Shaman is least efficient. It requires a decent amount of plat spent on spells and gear to be useful.

Enchanted is probably most efficient. Minimal gear required but chardok almost always needs enchanters and it's pretty profitable. If that doesn't tickle your fancy you can learn to HS farm. Requires some clickies and such to do with regularity/some safety.

Chardok gets you at a maximum about 2.5 pulls per hour. Figure 5k/hr max. Add in pipe MQs, shields, and staves... Can make a tad more. But quite often you will go an hour straight of failures or have delays since people leave and get replaced etc. The greatest benefit of Chardok is minimal effort, not much gear required and you can afk for 20min inbetween

Druid is middle ground. Don't need much gear and basic WIS gear is pretty cheap. To PL you don't need much gear but to work at maximum speed (and therefore charge maximum price) you do need lots of gear. But few druids bother for that. Druids can farm Droga / Kedge. Not much more until uber geared.

I've had hours where I have pulled down 6k+/hr of druid PLing. But that's only during certain level ranges and requires my camps are open etc.

Tl;dr - play what you want. I'm partial to charmers personally, but resists on charm make for sad panda times.

Korben
11-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Shaman definitely gets beat up on cost to farm the highest tier, need to buy Torpor and Malo. After you have those though, pretty much nothing can kill you and most of the fights are a snooze because you just tank while stuff dies.

Chanter definitely has low startup cost and there's not a huge difference between the best and average geared, since you're not tanking, skill and experience are highly useful.

Druid I've seen farm guk king and such but, that's a lot of work imo. PLing for sure is tight money.

Also a 60 necromancer can PL really effectively as well, all classes too.

Daldaen
11-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Druids can PL all classes effectively as well.

Shamans need more than just Torpor and Malo though. Bane/Pox. Epic. Fungi (pseudo unnecessary but still helps for sure). JBB (if not the master race)

Korben
11-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Druids can PL all classes effectively as well.

Shamans need more than just Torpor and Malo though. Bane/Pox. Epic. Fungi (pseudo unnecessary but still helps for sure). JBB (if not the master race)

Not really sure why you'd need Bane and Pox. Huge mana requirement and your epic and JBB are your free source of DPS. That mana is far better used on Torpor and superior heal when shit is really nasty burning you.

You're not really going to be racing a mob to death, it's about staying alive while it dies.

Epic for sure required, but can be bought at level 1 for like 40k. Fungi not required but helpful for real. JBB insanely useful, and master is Ogre so you're not stunned during your 6 second Torpor cast.

Swish
11-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Epic for sure required, but can be bought at level 1 for like 40k.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1114/11143656/2690958-9297778514-100.g.gif

Korben
11-18-2014, 10:41 AM
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1114/11143656/2690958-9297778514-100.g.gif

Don't act like it's uncommon! I saw a level 17 Shaman in upper guk last week, epic, fungi, cof

Swish
11-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Don't act like it's uncommon! I saw a level 17 Shaman in upper guk last week, epic, fungi, cof

I saw a ~L20 cleric in Kurn's the other week with an epic... it's vile pals, vile!

Korben
11-18-2014, 10:44 AM
I saw a ~L20 cleric in Kurn's the other week with an epic... it's vile pals, vile!

I have to admit though, Shaman epic at level 1 with CoF has to be insane, it's a 20/30 1hander. Plus, Ogre for the STR.

maurilax
11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Enchanter is the easiest choice here, with a littler higher skill cap. for less than 10k you can have all the tools you need to solo to 60 (including chardok). you can PL any class to 60 and you can make money farming cash camps solo or doing chardok proxies.

its a no brainer if you think you can solo and not be terrible. its not that hard but takes some practice to get good.

Pringles
11-18-2014, 12:12 PM
I have to admit though, Shaman epic at level 1 with CoF has to be insane, it's a 20/30 1hander. Plus, Ogre for the STR.

Damage caps negate the pure awesomeness. It'd still be nice but wouldnt really shine till later on.

Korben
11-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Damage caps negate the pure awesomeness. It'd still be nice but wouldnt really shine till later on.

That's the truth. Although at level 30 I'd say that CoF Fungi Epic SBS Shaman can probably do alright toe to toe melee!

Enxienty
11-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Definitely seems like enchanter is the best choice here some really nice information on the first page

Korben
11-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Definitely seems like enchanter is the best choice here some really nice information on the first page

Enchanter is definitely solid. You just have to pay major attention. Shaman doesn't have to worry about a charmed hasted pet breaking on a multi pull. Chanter can get splatted real fast, but also has the tools to deal with such adverse situations that require instant attention. Also, WC hat.

iruinedyourday
11-18-2014, 01:20 PM

Dude your argument is that they are not that bad to gear but you're telling me that 40 K for one item compares 2+7 charisma Bracers for an enchanter.

Shaman is the Eq equivalent of a boat.

Also that item is soooo good, it's mandatory at 49 unless your a masochist

Same goes for fungi... If you struggle leveling up your shaman to like say lvl 25 and then you finally buy a fungi, you'll feel like the biggest dumbass for not having put that on your level one.

If you waste any of your time leveling from 45 to 49 without a Jbb you are also going to feel like the biggest dumbass.

Again, unless you are a Eq masochist...

You want efficiency, enchanter by far. For the least amount of investment you'll be able to do the most amount of things.

But they are both fan-fricking-tastic!! :)

Enchanter is definitely solid. You just have to pay major attention. Shaman doesn't have to worry about a charmed hasted pet breaking on a multi pull. Chanter can get splatted real fast, but also has the tools to deal with such adverse situations that require instant attention. Also, WC hat.

This is also true.. Shaman is by far a more "chill" gameplay experience than chanter. By FAR.. When I die on sham it's depressing.. When I die on enchanter, it's practically part of the strat.

Ps Eq masochists are gonna be so mad at this post. :p

Korben
11-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Dude your argument is that they are not that bad to gear but you're telling me that 40 K for one item compares 2+7 charisma Bracers for an enchanter.

Shaman is the Eq equivalent of a boat.

Nah bro, never said Shaman was cheap, just said no need to blow another 35,000+ on Bane+Pox since they're not really necessary:

Shaman definitely gets beat up on cost to farm the highest tier, need to buy Torpor and Malo.

Torpor and Malo are the most important spells to have.

Epic and JBB are the most important items to have.... well Tranix/Froglok crown are really nice as well.

Pox+Bane should be like one of the last things you buy.

And yeah dude, I die on my Shaman and I'm like aww dude fucking Monk train. I die on my Enchanter and I'm like aww at least that's only the 6th in the last half hour.

Conky
11-18-2014, 02:38 PM
The difference is I can drink 12 beers on a saturday night and farm most stuff on my shaman with ease when I do that on my enchanter I end up dead most of the night, it requires a lot more attention, I like drinking so I much prefer to farm on my shaman.

Korben
11-18-2014, 02:40 PM
The difference is I can drink 12 beers on a saturday night and farm most stuff on my shaman with ease when I do that on my enchanter I end up dead most of the night, it requires a lot more attention, I like drinking so I much prefer to farm on my shaman.

Also this brings to mind the loldontcare ease of being a Shaman. I can run through whatever scrub dungeon, lguk, whatever, aggro a bunch of shit and just do an AE slow, tab target my epic, wait for it all to die while I regen my mana with Torpor.

iruinedyourday
11-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Yea with my enchanter at 57 I would poke around in KC and look for areas to make a private camp where i wouldnt be bothered... and die and be terrified etc..

with my shaman i just walk around like idgaf and if something aggros on me i shrug and kill it and continue doing whatever the hell I feel.

however in seb I'm like :( i cant get past these stupid frogs :( and on the enchanter I'm like run run run run run straight to efreeti without even blinking.

I have to say say, gearing a shaman feels FAR more rewarding than gearing the enchanter did... geting BIS on your enchanter is kinda like, well whopido! I was able to do everything I ever wanted with half of this gear!

With the shaman almost every item feels rewarding to equip.

MY de caster looks classy and magical, but damn my Barbarian Shaman looks like He's the fucking King of the North.

Korben
11-18-2014, 02:54 PM
My Shaman looks like He's the fucking King of the North.

Dude, for real, not to mention having two separate jeweled crowns.

I have major envy about Enchanter being able to walk freely in Seb, but once I got Torpor, those frog Shaman and Wizzies went from gate bait to frog legs.

Seriously it's a different game when you have Torpor. Plus just a bit of relatively cheap resist gear makes even the biggest nukes (looking at you, ice comet) a joke.

Again it really boils down to a geared shaman can just walk wherever they fucking please, just might have to punch some faces to get there, while a geared chanter can slither into dungeons at will, except a naked one can too.

Itap
11-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Yea with my enchanter at 57 I would poke around in KC and look for areas to make a private camp where i wouldnt be bothered... and die and be terrified etc..

with my shaman i just walk around like idgaf and if something aggros on me i shrug and kill it and continue doing whatever the hell I feel.

however in seb I'm like :( i cant get past these stupid frogs :( and on the enchanter I'm like run run run run run straight to efreeti without even blinking.

I have to say say, gearing a shaman feels FAR more rewarding than gearing the enchanter did... geting BIS on your enchanter is kinda like, well whopido! I was able to do everything I ever wanted with half of this gear!

With the shaman almost every item feels rewarding to equip.

MY de caster looks classy and magical, but damn my Barbarian Shaman looks like He's the fucking King of the North.

I enjoy reading your posts

Gotze
11-18-2014, 07:12 PM
What i got from this thread so far is Enchanter as first 1-60 and twink out a shaman as second 1-60 lol

iruinedyourday
11-18-2014, 07:25 PM
What i got from this thread so far is Enchanter as first 1-60 and twink out a shaman as second 1-60 lol

that is precisely what I did and I am glad i did it! onlly becuse I couldnt decide which to make i loved them both!!! and had i done sham first, i would have wound up rolling the enc to try it out after just as well...

who knows in that bizaro world i may be saying, that my shaman looks like a cool surfer bro.. but my enchanter looks like Alucard from SoTN!

my enchanter = Alucard

my shaman = Solomon Kane

fuck i love classic eq

fastboy21
11-18-2014, 07:37 PM
whats the going rate on the full shaman epic?

iruinedyourday
11-18-2014, 07:40 PM
whats the going rate on the full shaman epic?

sit around at 46 and wait for someone to let you join them? anything more than that and you are either really lazy or like totally over doing an epic quest again :)

its free in other words... it really isnt difficult enough to need to pay someone to do it for you.

or its whatever someone is willing to pay in other words..?

you both do have to do the faction if you are going to MQ it, and that can take 3 or 4 days if ur casual to build so someone does deserve the plat for that effort.

toolshed
11-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Someone asks for advice for the best first character to get to level 60

Someone recommends an epic MQ and fungi at lvl 1 in FIVE POSTS

What the fuck people

Seriously

fastboy21
11-18-2014, 08:05 PM

What the fuck people

Seriously

north korea is best korea.

iruinedyourday
11-18-2014, 08:14 PM

What the fuck people

Seriously

irl its like almost 2015 doggie

Korben
11-18-2014, 08:53 PM

What the fuck people

Seriously

OP also asked about level 60 camps. I have my input and experience.

iruinedyourday
11-18-2014, 08:54 PM
yea this dude may have like 4 level 45s for all we know, hes asking for lvl 60 advice, it gets real.

but is a funny joke none the less, pras!

BlkCamel
11-18-2014, 10:04 PM
yea this dude may have like 4 level 45s for all we know, hes asking for lvl 60 advice, it gets real.

but is a funny joke none the less, pras!

:D