PDA

View Full Version : Need the newest updates please

NutBustr13
11-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey guys i just started playing on p99 after about a 10 month leave and when i get to the char screen it tells me i need to updated spells list and doesnt show any of my chars. Could someone please let me know what files i need to download in order to play again and also how i go about downloading them and where i need to put them please. Thank you.

falkun
11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Sticky in News & Announcements....
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155457

Ele
11-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Patches are posted in the Announcements sub-forum.

Most recent patch thread:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155457

Direct link to patch: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files33.zip

Unzip the contents of P99Files33.zip into your main EQ directory overwriting the old files.

Daldaen
11-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Hopefully there is a new patch soon. There is so much classic coming in the next patch it will be tough to contain my excitement.

feanan
11-19-2014, 04:33 PM
whats coming in the next patch?

i want to start raging now ;)

Haynar
11-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Hopefully there is a new patch soon. There is so much classic coming in the next patch it will be tough to contain my excitement.
By popular demand, will also be trying to get in a fix for plugging, so it will be discouraged.

H

Daldaen
11-19-2014, 04:45 PM
So much goodness.

255 resist cap
Fixed mana preservation from apecialization
PoSky drop table fixes
Phinigel drop table fix
Shamans start with indifferent Truespirit by default
Charmed pets dropping items given to them
Necromancer pet haste duration fix, as well as levant/quivering veil limited to night time
Hammer of Dragonborn cast time fixed to classic levels
Druid group resist buffs increased from 40->45
Buffs removed if zoning with low HP

And that's all I can remember right now. Really hoping Nilbog can get to the cleric epic issues before next patch goes in though $$$.

Erati
11-19-2014, 04:50 PM
So much goodness.

255 resist cap
Fixed mana preservation from apecialization
PoSky drop table fixes
Phinigel drop table fix
Shamans start with indifferent Truespirit by default
Necromancer pet haste duration fix, as well as levant/quivering veil limited to night time
Hammer of Dragonborn cast time fixed to classic levels
Druid group resist buffs increased from 40->45
Buffs removed if zoning with low HP

And that's all I can remember right now. Really hoping Nilbog can get to the cleric epic issues before next patch goes in though $$$.

http://i.imgur.com/N7OJVxB.jpg

Swish
11-19-2014, 05:28 PM
So much goodness.

Nothing to like here. Bet 100pp if Daldaen was a necro he'd be mad.

Ele
11-19-2014, 05:36 PM
So much goodness.

http://i.imgur.com/vwI6Au3.gif

Daldaen
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Nothing to like here. Bet 100pp if Daldaen was a necro he'd be mad.

Wat?

Necromancers can now carry around Gnoll Lariats or other weapons, charm undead, weaponize, haste for 15min and kill old charmed undead to loot those weapons back for next session.

What's not to love?!?!

Ele
11-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Wat?

Necromancers can now carry around Gnoll Lariats or other weapons, charm undead, weaponize, haste for 15min and kill old charmed undead to loot those weapons back for next session.

What's not to love?!?!

I believe you mean Dawnfire and Ghoulbane!

iruinedyourday
11-19-2014, 06:43 PM
I believe you mean Dawnfire and Ghoulbane!

that is so hot

Juevento
11-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Rogue hide gets fixed!!!

Mac Drettj
11-19-2014, 08:28 PM
By popular demand, will also be trying to get in a fix for plugging, so it will be discouraged.

H

Please don't waste ur time making something that a small % of players want, is unclassic, and will deplete the entire population. ..

iruinedyourday
11-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Please don't waste ur time making something that a small % of players want, is unclassic, and will deplete the entire population. ..

what is plugging?

webrunner5
11-20-2014, 02:11 AM
what is plugging?

Combobreaker Quote. Change plugging from (CURRENT) to (FUTURE)

(CURRENT)- Plugging allows one to leave the zone by abusing load times that are required from zone to zone. As of now, you can plug entirely out of the game & become restricted for up to 5 minutes downtime until you can log back in. Sometimes, leaving a ghost for the active players to deal with. (Which is 100% Invulnerable & Catastrophic for unknowing victims)

(FUTURE)- Plugging allows one to die. Anyone that chooses the cowards way out (Unplugging/Force quitting EQ) will be FORCED to load into the nearing zone as a "LD" player - AT WHICH POINT - there will be a 30 second - 1 minute DELAY until your character disappears from the game.

As a community red, please... Support this idea for a better & more courageous box. One that will prove promising of future pvp, one that will teach those by ERROR how to correct their ways.

Fix Plugging 2013

Pudge
11-20-2014, 03:30 AM

Agree. I wasn't sure if Haynar was actually trolling or not. Plugging is classic. And a strategy used for a variety of situations. Often, when someone plugs at low health from pvp, they will take a break/log off anyway. Plugging makes losing in pvp less of a risk, which in turn promotes more pvp to actually happen, and is less "griefy" to the loser.

Red already sees little enough pvp, pls keep this classic.. Hope it was a troll.

Daldaen
11-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Well what risk is there? In all the red recruitment threads they go on about how there is no risk, just carry gems instead of coin and it's no loss?