PDA

View Full Version : TIRED of waiting for ROTATIONS??

captnamazing
11-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Leave CLASS R and join CLASS RP!!

Let's take a moment to see what these classes can offer you:

CLASS R

Occasional dragon fight
Methadone to the heroin of pixel frenzy
free neutering

CLASS RP

UNLIMITED DRAGON FIGHTS (IMAGINARY)
AS MANY PIXELS AS YOU CAN IMAGINE
SEX
RACISM
MURDER
REVENGE
LOVE
TRUE LOVE
LUST
IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD MAN

So buckle up Blue!! Abandon your posts in Class R and join the CLASS RP REVOLUTION.

Swish
11-20-2014, 02:34 PM
CLASS RP
UNLIMITED DRAGON FIGHTS (IMAGINARY)

If the GMs backed a few illusions, this could really take off <3

captnamazing
11-20-2014, 02:46 PM
If the GMs backed a few illusions, this could really take off <3

I would write long ass "lore" stories to give GMs the basis for doing crazy shit like popping up raid mobs in lowbie zones.

I doubt this would work in p99, though. Someone would get mad that there were fun things happening and ruin it for everyone.

Swish
11-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Someone would get mad that there were fun things happening and ruin it for everyone.

As long as there's a guise giveaway everyone will in line :p

iruinedyourday
11-20-2014, 03:23 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/eqdnd.jpg

Portasaurus
11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Leave CLASS R and join CLASS RP!!

Let's take a moment to see what these classes can offer you:

LOVE

TRUE LOVE

So if I am interested in love, but not true love... should I still apply? Can we pick and choose between them or do we have to do both?

Glenzig
11-20-2014, 04:01 PM
So if I am interested in love, but not true love... should I still apply? Can we pick and choose between them or do we have to do both?

He didn't say true love. He said "to blev".

captnamazing
11-20-2014, 04:24 PM
lol

Derubael
11-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Someone would get mad that there were fun things happening and ruin it for everyone.

Did a boss-type fight once in EC. Warned everyone that this NPC did AoE attacks that reached very far. Warned everyone it was incredibly dangerous and that people should stay far away if not ready. It was on the dune outside of the EC tunnel. The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.

You'd think you would move when you see 80+ lvl 60's crowded around one mob that's DT'ing left and right, and giving long winded spell prep messages (Soandso gathers energy, preparing to cast a powerful spell), but nope. My fault =P

Didn't stop me from doing more boss fights in EC, either.

Sidelle
11-20-2014, 05:35 PM
He didn't say true love. He said "to blev".
^^Haha

And LoL @ imaginary dragon fights...

Jaleth
11-20-2014, 05:59 PM
The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders.

Although the aoe range off the mob was massive and it was spawned outside of the EC tunnel, why did the raid force pull it into the tunnel, rather than away from it? Seems to me an entertaining and amazing spectacle to see. More of these should be in place, I hold nothing against GMs doing this, just the raid force that attempts to bring the mob(s) to others trying to stay away.

Again I'm not saying in this particular instance that this was the case, I just don't know if there was a specific tactic that had been used to keep the raid with a roof over there heads (gravity flux), therefore collateral damage had occurred

Swish
11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders.

Whoever that masked man was, I salute you... the day the EC stock market crashed ;)

Greengrocer
11-20-2014, 06:33 PM
the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.

/me raises his hand

kaev
11-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Did a boss-type fight once in EC. Warned everyone that this NPC did AoE attacks that reached very far. Warned everyone it was incredibly dangerous and that people should stay far away if not ready. It was on the dune outside of the EC tunnel. The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.

You'd think you would move when you see 80+ lvl 60's crowded around one mob that's DT'ing left and right, and giving long winded spell prep messages (Soandso gathers energy, preparing to cast a powerful spell), but nope. My fault =P

Haha, yeah, lots of tunnel traders seem to believe they are not actually in-game.

Also, I recommend future player polls include "Derubael, in the EC Tunnel, with the Avatar of Thule". That Bush/Towers meme has gotten so tired and stale.

GnashingOfTeeth
11-20-2014, 07:02 PM

THIS. Derubel, most excellent I remember this.
Do it weekly please! Zero shits given for afk! This is the fun stuff!

indiscriminate_hater
11-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Haha, yeah, lots of tunnel traders seem to believe they are not actually in-game.

Also, I recommend future player polls include "Derubael, in the EC Tunnel, with the Avatar of Thule". That Bush/Towers meme has gotten so tired and stale.

derubael aoe'd down the towers

feanan
11-20-2014, 07:21 PM
sounds like a douch move.

you're so cool

captnamazing
11-21-2014, 01:00 AM
Derubael, if I were to write a script for a series of "world events" ranging from low to high level things, all working towards a common "campaign climax," would the GMs consider helping out by spawning the fun/necessary mobs? I'd be happy to put in some serious time to write out some stuff for people of all levels to enjoy.

inb4 not classic

Pheer
11-21-2014, 02:25 AM
i put on my robe and wizard hat

lightningboltlightningboltlightningbolt

Ravager
11-21-2014, 07:10 AM

If it were me, I'd do it in GFay or Crushbone and have as much noob collateral damage as possible. A level 70 Emperor Crush could be a fun raid boss.

Magnar
11-21-2014, 01:19 PM
If it were me, I'd do it in GFay or Crushbone and have as much noob collateral damage as possible. A level 70 Emperor Crush could be a fun raid boss.

Those zones are pretty much empty. EC is where you'll get the most collateral damage.

myriverse
11-21-2014, 01:45 PM

Getting killed in GM events were probably some of the most awesome things that ever happened to me whilst playing Classic EverQuest.

Derubael
11-21-2014, 02:19 PM
sounds like a douch move.

Sounds like some level 5 bards had to run across one zone to get to their bodies because they weren't paying attention to the flood of warnings, spell-texts, and raid shouts going off around the nearly 100-man strong Raid Force swinging at it.

you're so cool

Thanks, I think that donating ~40+ hours each week to the project in order to ensure RMTers and exploiters/cheaters get banned, poofed items get reimbursed, and a large number of miscellaneous petitions from ban appeals to corpse recoveries all get taken care on a weekly basis - and then taking additional time to run boss events on the side is pretty cool too!

Derubael, if I were to write a script for a series of "world events" ranging from low to high level things, all working towards a common "campaign climax," would the GMs consider helping out by spawning the fun/necessary mobs? I'd be happy to put in some serious time to write out some stuff for people of all levels to enjoy.

inb4 not classic

I guess it really depends. The implementation of the quest would be, ultimately, up to Nilbog. Because of the high quality expected and required in a scenario like this, it would be wise to attempt to consult him about some plot basics to see if they are acceptable.Drawing up a proper outline and showing it to him would take a huge step towards making sure you don't get a veto.

Fame
11-21-2014, 02:28 PM
c-c-c-combo

Mac Drettj
11-21-2014, 02:38 PM
tired of rotation? join red

Nirgon
11-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Don't sweat it Derubael.

Sergeant Slate is a total gimp here with barely any assist radius or resists.

I wouldn't worry about making EC less classic, u kno?

All the people mad about that remind me of the shamans that flipped out when I told them they had to haste groups/the general casual try hard scum on blue.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
11-21-2014, 02:41 PM
I guess it really depends. The implementation of the quest would be, ultimately, up to Nilbog. Because of the high quality expected and required in a scenario like this, it would be wise to attempt to consult him about some plot basics to see if they are acceptable.Drawing up a proper outline and showing it to him would take a huge step towards making sure you don't get a veto.

https://i.imgur.com/xFrJtHxh.jpg

captnamazing
11-21-2014, 04:42 PM

Pras for this timely, concise, and helpful response.

I will start getting to work (after I finish working) so that I can bring a solid outline of materials to the right people. :)

Down with Class R & C!! LONG LIVE CLASS RP

Lolenlionheart
11-21-2014, 08:12 PM

What did they drop? :D

Kekephee
11-21-2014, 08:31 PM
I guess now's as good a time as any to say:

IN DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESS: "Filbus in the Underworld," the long-awaited grand finale to the Filbus Furyfoot roleplay thread saga started here on the Project 1999 server board. Watch in awe as all of the seemingly pointless, directionless weird shit we've written conglomerates and conjoins into a breath-taking and extremely sense-making final chapter! Will Filbus escape from the nether-world, the land of Norrath's dead? Will Kekephee's ghost find vengeance for his murder at the hands of his best friend? And just what... exactly... is Nibblewitz's latest terrifying Gnomish tinkering creation?

http://i.imgur.com/v098pp2.jpg

And what will it have to do with Grumphilda??? All this, and so much more, coming very soon!

Plus a very special announcement about our man Filbus himself! Don't miss it!

Portasaurus
11-22-2014, 02:05 PM
um.

that is a heck of a contraption there.

i wonder what it does

Kekephee
11-22-2014, 08:05 PM
um.

i wonder what it does

TUNE IN

AND FIND OUT!

NEXT WEEK SOMETIME OR MAYBE THE WEEK AFTER THAT

Kekephee
11-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Bumping because this is not good hype for our grand finale so far

captnamazing
11-24-2014, 12:23 AM
Bumping because this is not good hype for our grand finale so far

don't let kekephee the suicidal bard scare u off

great things are coming

death
revenge
sex
MORE

Halius
11-24-2014, 10:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/v098pp2.jpg

um.

i wonder what it does

My guess would be some sort of forge?? Maybe built in defiance of something? Dunno just throwing it out there.

Pheer
11-24-2014, 07:51 PM
staying tuned

im hoping this will keep me entertained until GoT comes back

Wabic
11-25-2014, 10:34 AM
I just want to point out that "not enough raid mobs" has been always been a complaint in this game.

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2002-01-29

Portasaurus
11-25-2014, 10:35 AM
I just want to point out that "not enough raid mobs" has been always been a complaint in this game.

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2002-01-29

there's unlimited dragons in the garden of your mind

Swish
11-25-2014, 02:08 PM
TUNE IN

AND FIND OUT!

NEXT WEEK SOMETIME OR MAYBE THE WEEK AFTER THAT

Damn kekephee you need an AMC logo in the corner :P