PDA

View Full Version : Faction Work - 2x Nasty Ikky / Necro

Poosammich
11-24-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm only 8 atm, but interested in trying to start up some faction work after the holiday. I can talk to the Gypsys in EC, but they won't sell to me. They hate Ikky's... In my past EQ days I had a number of solo camps that were stationed right by these little lovelys so that I could easily offload drops from said camps. However now that I'm an Iksar as opposed to an Erud I get no love.

Can I just raise FP faction to get this done?

Can I do the Research quest in EC as an Iksar?

GinnasP99
11-24-2014, 10:44 AM
You can get an enchanter friend to help you do this quest. http://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine

Basically you will need the enchanter to charm this guy, move him out of the corner (so you can stand behind him) and then mem blur him. Then you turn in like 6 backpacks full of red wine stacks. You also need to invis in ofcourse (you're kos in Neriak, duh). Doing this will let you sell/bank in the first 2 zones of Neriak. It doesn't however improve Neriak third gate faction, so you'll always be KOS there.

You will also be sick of the quest completion noise by the time you're done =). You get to hear it about 700 times.

Itap
11-24-2014, 10:58 AM
I understand you want to do faction work in order to sell to certain merchants, but life becomes so much easier when you stop caring about faction, especially as an Iksar. There's a guide floating around that someone put together that lists all the merchants Iksars can use outside of Cabilis.

Poosammich
11-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks, I think I may just bail on the whole faction thing, and eat it. I did after all choose evil race/class LOL.

Edit:
Was hoping for the easy plat from the Research quest. I'll get to that vendor, and see if I can fire up the quest, either invis, or behind, and post here. Should be fun though =]

polishanarchy
11-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Also note that you can do that red wine quest solo as soon as you get your first lich spell at 34**. You will still want to invis into Neriak as the Cleric/caster guilds aren't so easily fooled. Just keep an eye on your health bar...

tristantio
11-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Just hammer down and grind to 34, when you get skeleton illusion you can vendor almost anywhere (even some good cities!) as an iksar necro, as the skeleton form removes your iksar faction hit.

Swish
11-24-2014, 02:07 PM
skellie mode will allow you to bank/sell in some places too such as Oggok

baalzy
11-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Charming and doing quest turn-ins no longer results in faction hits:

Haynar: (Previously Updated) Completing quests with an NPC who is charmed, will no longer trigger faction changes associated with that quest/npc.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140577

You'll need wolf form (if possible to cast in neriak?) or skelly illusion to do the red wine quest as an ikky necro.

You may be able to do the research quests in SRO for dark elf faction though.

jarshale
11-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Who needs faction when you're a necro?