PDA

View Full Version : VP post suspension/beta lockout

Ella`Ella
11-26-2014, 05:34 PM
As TMO will be coming off of suspension on Saturday, Nov 29 at 12:01 am, the server will be locked for Velious testing. TMO is currently not allowed to move into VP as per the suspension before that time.

However, as the server will be locked, we assume that when the server opens back up, all dragons will likely be up (either due to normal spawning or a server reset). This here gives advantage to IB as they will already be in VP camped with their raid force. We would like to move into VP before hand and have all members of both guilds respect the VP player rules currently in place by starting at the blue pad. However, TMO will not engage anything before 12:01am EST Saturday, Nov 29.

Doing so would create a fair scenario to both guilds given the interruption of a server-wide lockout crossing with suspensions.

Anichek
11-27-2014, 12:18 AM
I would move to bridge this across C and R, and state that the server FFA timers do not start until the Blue Server is unlocked and back in business as well.

I don't know/care what TMO and IB work out - but can we all consider it reasonable to have the 6 hour R -> Server FFA timer start once the server comes back up?

bktroost
11-27-2014, 04:17 AM
Agreed, this is an extremely unique situation and we should consider the server coming as the first moment that the mob has spawned. It is the first moment that any guild has access to the mobs. It is not a full repop, so there is no bag limit or extra technical elements, other than engagement timers start immediately when server comes back up.

PS: Not that I have a terribly vested interest, but I think it is appropriate for TMO to be able to camp their characters in VP before server shut down in the interest of fairness... this is an extremely unique situation, likely to never happen again on the server (since we aren't going past Velious). Certain extraordinary steps must be made to keep the machines running.