PDA

View Full Version : Ho how do I play the Velious test server?

RaldoMcdaldo
11-29-2014, 12:00 AM
How do i log into the Velious test server - do I have to do a patch? . . . after searching for a long time I have not been able to find a thing on how to play the beta server. I did a char. copy on 99 after a number of players recommended "just doing it" and to go to forums where all I needed to know was available - but my dumb ass can't find a thing about how to do it. Could some kind person just point me in the right direction?
LOL . . . thanks.

Master Roshi
11-29-2014, 12:07 AM
you select the p99 velious beta server instead of blue p99 at the server select screen

IanelarAzure
11-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Dont modify your game files, just login, pick the Beta server and go from there. I think you have to login to Red/Blue first and do a /beta twice to copy the character over. Then login to Beta and you can play.

GinnasP99
11-29-2014, 12:08 AM
If youve copied your character over, all you need to do is find Project1999 Velious (beta) in the server select screen.

RaldoMcdaldo
11-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the help all . . . . found it - didn't see it previously in the server window

TheBlob
11-29-2014, 01:27 AM
If I didn't make a copy of my character, is there anyway I can still play?

quido
11-29-2014, 01:29 AM
I would assume you can just create a character and then beta buff it, right?

Supposedly attempting to log into blue now will copy your blue character to beta.

Skittlez
11-29-2014, 02:49 AM
I would assume you can just create a character and then beta buff it, right?

Supposedly attempting to log into blue now will copy your blue character to beta.

I tried and it just instant disconnects and sends me back to login. I think if you didn't do it on your character you wanted before the switch, you're fucked.

vid
11-29-2014, 02:52 AM
I tried and it just instant disconnects and sends me back to login. I think if you didn't do it on your character you wanted before the switch, you're fucked.

Step 1: Make a character on Red

Step 2: Enter the /beta command twice

Step 3: Log onto the Beta server

Step 4: Whee!

Skittlez
11-29-2014, 04:27 AM
Step 1: Make a character on Red

Step 2: Enter the /beta command twice

Step 3: Log onto the Beta server

Step 4: Whee!

I still can't get in. I made a whole new account after I couldn't on my normal one and it still just disconnects me when I try to log in after I select the toon. Is there anything I am missing? I did /beta twice..

Aussie
11-29-2014, 04:30 AM
Which server is it disconnecting you from - Blue or Beta?

Skittlez
11-29-2014, 02:20 PM
I thought blue got turned into the beta server? I made my toons on red and it will let me look at my characters, but when I go to log in, it kicks me immediately

Thulack
11-29-2014, 02:24 PM
I thought blue got turned into the beta server? I made my toons on red and it will let me look at my characters, but when I go to log in, it kicks me immediately

No. The beta server is listed down from the red/blue server. Been there for months.

Gooseman
11-30-2014, 01:33 AM
So if you went to the Mandatory Beta-Character copy and it went to the beta velious, when the blue server comes back up will those characters still be there?