PDA

View Full Version : Velious XP

numpad
12-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Just curious, as I am pretty new to the server and the velious part of the game.

As a 30 - 60 where is the best places to group xp?

Right now it seems most of the leveling is done Mistmoore mid 20s to 39/40, then CoW to 50/51?

Is Velious XP for groups better?

Fregar
12-01-2014, 04:50 PM
From what I remember from live, velious xp is not better: you just have a few more options (like crystal caverns and velketor for example) added to the kunark ones (CoM, Karnor, Seb, Chardok...)

The max level cap remains 60, that's why kunark was still interesting even during SoL.

ghost182
12-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Just look at the list of zone experience modifiers.where ever the highest are is where you want to be. Highkeep > mistmoore until like 34. Kaesora and sol dungeon a/b also have great modifiers

Swish
12-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I wonder if Unrest, MM, CoM etc will still be as overcrowded or if people will legitimately want to seek XP in new places. Old habits are hard to break :p

Vicatin
12-01-2014, 05:28 PM
This is a great question, as I never did much leveling back on live during the velious expansion, and honestly have no idea where the hotspots were.

Jimjam
12-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Just look at the list of zone experience modifiers.

Too simple. You need to consider mob difficulty, mob density, pull ease, pull times, safe spots, wipe reset times, respawn times.

Velerin
12-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Velks was kinda like KC 2.0. Easy pickup groups, not much crawling needed. Good loot that will drop in price fast from non stop groups.

Itap
12-01-2014, 06:43 PM
I remember spending a lot of time in velks killing spiders and kobolds 50-60

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-01-2014, 06:50 PM
siren's grotto ftw, plus to try to kill all the trains that will be a-comin

can you handle it?

Llttlegyno 10.0
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Velks, read the Velious wiki

numpad
12-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Just look at the list of zone experience modifiers.where ever the highest are is where you want to be. Highkeep > mistmoore until like 34. Kaesora and sol dungeon a/b also have great modifiers

Highkeep seemed like an awesome place to level, however the spawns were few and long. The money was great there, from alpha looting alone one can make 200 - 300 plat an hour if the right ore drops. Being new to the server this was huge income for me.

I found Mistmoore experience better since there was just more to pull consistently until it got crowded. Luckily last week there was either a CY group and no CE group, or a CE group without a CY group hehe.

I played during Velious but never travelled there. During this Beta I spent a ton of time just running around and checking out the 35 - 50 zones and dungeons. Seems like the dungeons, Crystal Caverns for example, have a low density, whereas Velks had mobs crawlingall over the place.

Off Topic:

Shamans seem incredibly strong at 60 in Velious Beta gear. I only played a Warrior to a decent high level when this era was live ( 54 ), so I could never fathom that kind of soloing potential. I am definitely motivated to get higher on this Shaman.

ghost182
12-01-2014, 10:03 PM
A lot of the outdoor zones cater to the solo and duo classes. Will be all wizards Druids bards necros out there etc

Aleatha
12-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Other than velks 50-60 I don't remember xping much in Velious on live. I know people kited in Cobalt Scar solo. Some folks xped in Crystal caverns and ToFS but I wouldn't call them hotspots.

Shizzam
12-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Fear kiting dire wolves in iceclad on a ranger was so badass.

webrunner5
12-02-2014, 04:25 AM
I still play on live. I can tell you after about a week soloing in Velious you will be back in Classic, Kunark zones leveling to get XP. It WILL take you FOREVER to kill a mob in Velious compared to Classic. Not counting you will be out of HP or mana and probably die also. Velious is no cakewalk trust me. Mobs have tons more HP and hit like freight trains.

Not counting any really good zone will be Perma Camped by TMO, etc. etc. :(

Zliz
12-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Here's how I remember it (or predict):

Cobalt Scar (or "Cobaltscar" as it's actually called): Very popular with kiters and Velious armor quest gem farmers - wyverns can be quadded, and the othmirs at the beach are also great killing for xp and loot. Not much else to do there.

Crystal Caverns: The upper areas are very twisty and filled to the brim with orcs, but the bottom area is more open and has the Coldain town right next to it with a merchant and bank. Highkeep 2.0? Depending on the ZEM, it should be good.

Dragon Necropolis: Not very suitable for XP'ing due to high level, high HP mobs, but I have no doubt that some people will find kiting phase spiders fun. Hardcore people could go down into the rat tunnels and "camp" Vaniki and Neb for example. It was dead back in the day on my server, but you know, this server is different.

Eastern Wastes: Orc fort should be good for mid-levels. There are also some animal camps, and every Kodiak will be perma-hunted to begin with for the ultra-rare High Quality Tundra Kodiak Pelt needed for the #1 Coldain Ring. I wouldn't be surprised if these pelts sell for thousands of plat. The zone will all 'round see a lot of activity due to the Coldain Shawl and Ring quests having a lot of items and related NPCs in this zone. Should be good for mid-level grouping and kiting.

Great Divide: Tizmak and Kodiak caves will be good for mid-levels. Giant fort too perhaps. A few brave souls might farm wurms, and dwarf killers might kite Coldain guards and NPCs. This will be a busy zone, since it has a portal ring, and Thurgadin and Velk's right nearby.

Iceclad Ocean: Little to do here other than camp Stormfeather and Lodizal, and they will be permacamped with drama to follow. Perhaps people will take a liking to killing the gnome pirates?

Kael: Killing for XP, faction and loot here can be done, but of course the mobs are tough. The zone will undoubtedly be busy for camping the big raid targets.

Siren's Grotto: I don't recall anyone ever XP'ing in here, due to water, nasty ass mobs and trains. There are some good drops in there though, so I think a few people will hunt for loot.

Skyshrine: Never saw anyone XP'ing there, but who knows. Filled to the brim with mobs and not really suitable for XP'ing.

Sleeper's Tomb, Temple of Veeshan: Raid only.

Thurgadin: I don't think many mid-levels will want to trash their dwarf faction, so I don't see any point in XP'ing here unless a high level wants to get some Giant faction.

TOFS: Decent mid-level dungeon with mid-level loot. Not sure of the ZEM.

Velks: Very popular; the easy spot was the spiders and gargs near the entrance. The harder spot was the kobolds up top. I guess the whole place could support three groups at the most? Two at the spiders (one entrance, one top), and one for the kobolds. More hardcore people could do the trash near Velk perhaps.

Wakening Land: Could be okay for the lone wolf kiters, and of course camping the Holgresh for beads.

Western Wastes: Not much to do here, crazy high HP mobs and wandering dragons. Perhaps some Bards and Enchanters (and Druids, animal charm?) will have charming fun, depending on how exploitable it is on this server. Will see a bunch of activity due to Sontalak, Klandikar and travellers to ToV.

Shaniril
12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Western Wastes: Not much to do here, crazy high HP mobs and wandering dragons. Perhaps some Bards and Enchanters (and Druids, animal charm?) will have charming fun, depending on how exploitable it is on this server. Will see a bunch of activity due to Sontalak, Klandikar and travellers to ToV.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Velious nerfs charming tactics in the ground...

Level 60 shamans should have a blast though :3

Widan
12-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Highkeep seemed like an awesome place to level, however the spawns were few and long. The money was great there, from alpha looting alone one can make 200 - 300 plat an hour if the right ore drops. Being new to the server this was huge income for me.

Gotta kill the guards, that's where the real exp/loot is in HHK

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Velious nerfs charming tactics in the ground...

A lot of stuff can only be done by shamans because enchanters won't be able to stun/aoe mez.

Bboboo
12-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Would rather chain pull mobs nonstop then wait on repops with a ZEM.

Also class exp penalty will be removed in Velious so exp will be a little better all around.

Daldaen
12-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Iceclad is a fantastic zone to AE kite on a bard. Panthers, wolves and dervishes should be on the same Runspeed so you can get a solid train in.

Western Wastes dragons will be solo or duoed by shamans or charmer+cleric or melee+healer sorts of combos.

Velks, and Kael will be the new Seb/KC in terms of popularity.
Sirens will be akin to HS. Very painful for most but very rewarding if you're skilled.
Skyshrine and DN I don't see many groups EXPing in.

numpad
12-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Gotta kill the guards, that's where the real exp/loot is in HHK

Yeah people kept telling me that, but groups were mostly Good factioned and were trying to raise HHK faction :(

Velerin
12-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Phase spiders were fun to quad if you got the mana pool. Just watch out for the DN traps. With the bonus of possibility for:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Phase_Spider_Carapace

pharmakos
12-02-2014, 03:50 PM
i think there are going to be a lot more people in DN than most people in this thread think

Destron
12-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Velks: Very popular; the easy spot was the spiders and gargs near the entrance. The harder spot was the kobolds up top. I guess the whole place could support three groups at the most? Two at the spiders (one entrance, one top), and one for the kobolds. More hardcore people could do the trash near Velk perhaps.

I remember there being way more camps than this.

LD, UD, US, LS, then all the inner areas. But it's been a while.

Malone88
12-02-2014, 04:09 PM
From what I remember when Velious came on live:

XP/Farm cougars for Cougar Claw Earrings
XP/Farm Ry'Gorr Orcs for Orc Fang Earrings
XP/Farm Crystal Eyes in Velks for Chitin Hand Wraps (Haste)

Sell those Diamondine Earrings/FBSSs, because prices will
be dropping on those!

Was fun seeing Ry'Gorr fort and Crystal Caverns last night.
Favorite solo spot with bard was Crystal Caverns entrance.