PDA

View Full Version : Developer Appreciation Thread

Nirgon
12-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Look at all these freaking changes : ) ) )

You'd think after all these unpaid hours and things being "close enough" they would have just dumped a stock EQemu Velious on us and fixed it as they went as they had time. But they are taking the high road and doing things right... the circle back during Kunark was the best time to really hit all the classic mechanical issues and they have hit most.... and now they have the biggest one mostly done pending much crowd sourcing to confirm all the little odds and ends:

Haynar: Capped resists to 255.

I'm sure there will be a hand full of 1 off issues with this, but this is such a gigantic change that breaks us away from all the other "PoP era" servers.

Also hoping lures/lifetaps aren't partialing or getting resisted sometimes in cases they shouldn't. I think it was mentioned/confirmed but not sure if that's going in with this change.

Pras P99.

Big "Honorable mention" to Nilbog still tweaking... everything. little. thing.

Kanras, I see you and will never 4get invis pull fix.

khanable
12-01-2014, 11:26 AM
255 MR cap is fucking MASSIVE

The idea that I won't be losing like 300hp for MR shit anymore seriously gives me a massive hardon

and as a bonus: bloodstained mantle is no longer BIS (for warriors) for velious MR encounters! pras!

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 11:30 AM
I look forward to actually wanting Diamond Jewelry over Jacinths again.

Praise 255 resist cap. Gearing will be way more fun. Down with the Tranix Crowns of the world.

portbitch69
12-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Haynar: Added a range check to NPC charm.

PRAS

GOOD WORK FOLKS TY!

zanderklocke
12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Early Christmas gift from the developers!

topgun1027
12-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Look at all these freaking changes : ) ) )

You'd think after all these unpaid hours and things being "close enough" they would have just dumped a stock EQemu Velious on us and fixed it as they went as they had time. But they are taking the high road and doing things right... the circle back during Kunark was the best time to really hit all the classic mechanical issues and they have hit most.... and now they have the biggest one mostly done pending much crowd sourcing to confirm all the little odds and ends:

I'm sure there will be a hand full of 1 off issues with this, but this is such a gigantic change that breaks us away from all the other "PoP era" servers.

Also hoping lures/lifetaps aren't partialing or getting resisted sometimes in cases they shouldn't. I think it was mentioned/confirmed but not sure if that's going in with this change.

Pras P99.

Big "Honorable mention" to Nilbog still tweaking... everything. little. thing.

Kanras, I see you and will never 4get invis pull fix.

Speak proper English. It drives me nuts when people say the bolded fake word here.

Erati
12-01-2014, 12:10 PM
I look forward to actually wanting Diamond Jewelry over Jacinths again.

Praise 255 resist cap. Gearing will be way more fun. Down with the Tranix Crowns of the world.

actually Tranny crown still really nice, esp for druids...you should look into acquiring one from Blitz's lay away program

255 cap != wear no RM lol

Nirgon
12-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Speak proper English. It drives me nuts when people say the bolded fake word here.

I will use community generated memes on the community board involving it.

Your concern is noted and I see your point.

Come play Red Velious.

GinnasP99
12-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Tranny crown, lol.

Seriously tho thanks devs

Thatt
12-01-2014, 12:16 PM

Me too. That kind of horse shit is what'll keep me from staying on red permanently.

Uteunayr
12-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Love this patch.

"Haynar: Remove the default min chance to resist all spells."

Thanks a bunch!

"Nilbog: The Ishva Mal will now spawn according to the November 2000 timeline."

That's going to be really helpful for new necromancers leveling up. With Ishva Mal now on a 20 minute respawn with a PH, Summon Corpse is going to be far easier to attain than the old 36 hour static respawn.

"Haynar: Mobs who banish, will no longer take damage from players above the max level to engage."

This just made me laugh. Such a needed change.

Overall, excellent patch. Thank you very much devs.

Nirgon
12-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Me too. That kind of horse shit is what'll keep me from staying on red permanently.

Yes, the blue server is a monument of intelligence and well formed grammar.

Thatt
12-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes, the blue server is a monument of intelligence and well formed grammar.

Correct. I've not seen the word "pras" on blue once, but see it every 3rd ooc line on red.

GinnasP99
Thank the devs, stop bickering. kthx

myriverse
There are no fake words. If a language isn't evolving, it's dying.

Stormfists
12-01-2014, 12:32 PM
There are no fake words. If a language isn't evolving, it's dying.

TLTY agr33 ^^+1++^.

H8rs gun h8.

paulgiamatti
12-01-2014, 12:39 PM
PRAS! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE)

Gaxx
12-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Thank you devs! Your hard work is what makes this server so great.

Tameth
12-01-2014, 01:34 PM
PRAS! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE)

Neyphlite
12-01-2014, 01:41 PM

If MMO slang/grammatical errors upset you that much then i suggest staying away from the internet all together.

On topic, you devs are teh best!

DarkwingDuck
12-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Thanks Devs

PRAS

stavio
12-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks alot for the dedication and hard-work you guys have put into this server! We worship you almighty Ghods of Classic EQ <Salutes>

Red_Psyphon
12-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Pras Devs and staff

iruinedyourday
12-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Literately PRAS!!!!

Portasaurus
12-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Literately PRAS!!!!

you've finally ruined my day.