PDA

View Full Version : it's dec 2nd.

Gargazon
12-02-2014, 11:58 AM
I was under the understanding that the forced beta was from the 28th until the 1st. it's now the second. I could care less about playing a buffed character that will get wiped and would like to play my actual character now. Thanks.

GinnasP99
12-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Be patient

Taminy
12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
GMs should let beta testers keep one item of their choice, IMO. Someone else suggested that and I think it's a good idea.

Addica
12-02-2014, 12:03 PM
You made it this far, so obviously know how to read. Let me direct you somewhere that might help you understand the timeline of down time.
Click Here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173108)

Nicoladen
I was under the understanding that the forced beta was from the 28th until the 1st. it's now the second. I could care less about playing a buffed character that will get wiped and would like to play my actual character now. Thanks.

It's also tuesday, They have said "some time tuesday"

Let's postpone the whining to tomorrow? (I'm having trouble containing it myself and also have trouble convincing myself that I haven't got an addiction :D)

hvidhajen
Please read this thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173108)

Korrupt

Erati
12-02-2014, 12:04 PM
GMs should let beta testers keep one item of their choice, IMO. Someone else suggested that and I think it's a good idea.

just boggles my mind how some people think

Kunark had a 'forced' beta test for a weekend as well, I would love for someone to dig up threads from that time and see all the QQ about not being able to farm Classic

I remember there was a Gorenaire raid that was well over 100+ people getting owned lol

Tameth
12-02-2014, 12:07 PM
just give Daldaen and Eratani their titles for beta testing gods.

Skittlez
12-02-2014, 12:09 PM

Lol'd

Daldaen
12-02-2014, 12:09 PM
That Gore raid was sweet...

But man people need to calm down. This is an emulated server that you get to play on for free. Stop asking them to bring the server back up just for you. They don't care about you. Sorry.

They do what they do for classic EQ (so perfect that this rhymes... Atleast it does in my head).

It will be back when it's back.

Daldaen
12-02-2014, 12:11 PM
just give Daldaen and Eratani their titles for beta testing gods.

Eratani has done a lot more than I have.
Ele is crushing as always with classic things.
I see Byrjun doing good work as well.
People who have done the Shawl and Ring chains also deserve awards cause those can be long quests.

Bboboo
12-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Extend beta by one day for each of these threads I say.

-Catherin-
12-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Imagine the day when they have to take down the server for good.

myriverse
12-02-2014, 12:21 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29242

myriverse
12-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Been there, done that, for other games. I think there's more general acceptance of things.

Hughie
12-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Anyone else having fun with the beta? Keep it down for two weeks, get a good test in. Fix the gamma thing though....

Erati
12-02-2014, 12:30 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29242

YESSSS

ty lol good times

Taminy
12-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm having some fun with the beta, I just wish the regular server was up because I want to play both now. Kind of overly tempted by skyrim over "just the beta" server. Gr.

Raev
12-02-2014, 12:40 PM

It's a fucking FREE server. The least you can do is go help them test 3 days out of the past 1500 Kunark has been out.

I mean I've spent about 5 hours on the server and I already found 1, maybe 2 bugs. It's not rocket science: go to the 'Master List' on the Velious forums, pick a quest that is unverified, and try to do it. If 100 people each got a few friends and did one quest, Velious would be fucking out by now.

Ele
12-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Because your actual character will never get wiped. :rolleyes:

lonmoer
12-02-2014, 12:48 PM

then i'll just run my own private server and keep playing

Pringles
12-02-2014, 12:52 PM
every time someone asks, they extend it by 1 day

Tann
12-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Remember kids the server going down on Friday didn't happen until the evening eastern time.

Visual
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM

i fear for the safety of the young boys locked in your cellar

Joyelle
12-02-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm sure the sentiment is reciprocated.

I feel bad for the rafter that's going to snap like a dry twig when you try to hang yourself from it.

fennixad
12-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Because cant you use Blue server to test velious for 3 days, turn it on again and then use red for another test... right?
Force testing on EQ? force testing a game that you need days for camp an item or leveling a single hell lvl or making faction? Dont think this is the right way; that is why you can get more than 200-300ppl testing velious beetween blue and red ppl.

Anyways, thanks for your awesome job, i rly appreciate that, i just like to be critical.

Nicoladen
12-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Because cant you use Blue server to test velious for 3 days, turn it on again and then use red for another test... right?
Force testing on EQ? force testing a game that you need days for camp an item or leveling a single hell lvl or making faction? Dont think this is the right way; that is why you can get more than 200-300ppl testing velious beetween blue and red ppl.

Anyways, thanks for your awesome job, i rly appreciate that, i just like to be critical.

Usually I wouldn't comment on stuff this much...but server is down so :D

Dude you make no sense....none.......nothing...zero.....zip

webrunner5
12-02-2014, 01:51 PM
It's a fucking FREE server. The least you can do is go help them test 3 days out of the past 1500 Kunark has been out.

I mean I've spent about 5 hours on the server and I already found 1, maybe 2 bugs. It's not rocket science: go to the 'Master List' on the Velious forums, pick a quest that is unverified, and try to do it. If 100 people each got a few friends and did one quest, Velious would be fucking out by now.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making the world a BETTER place. :cool: May God bless you and your family for eternity. :p Spreads rose pedals at your feet in adoration.

mackenzie
12-02-2014, 02:00 PM
ive put on a few lb's with eq being down this weekend.

fennixad
12-02-2014, 02:07 PM
so Nicoladen. You think that force people to play something that they doesnt want to play its the right way? okok. "Dude you make no sense....none......nothing...zero....zip...niet.

BossThunderace
12-02-2014, 02:08 PM
That Gore raid was sweet...

But man people need to calm down. This is an emulated server that you get to play on for free. Stop asking them to bring the server back up just for you. They don't care about you. Sorry.

They do what they do for classic EQ (so perfect that this rhymes... Atleast it does in my head).

It will be back when it's back.

+1

Toodles
12-02-2014, 02:14 PM
The whole thing is a mess.

A) You can't encourage and give incentive to people through force or power. If they weren't interested before, they'll be less after your strong arm tactics.

B) It's not the players' fault that BETA isn't left open more often, so that interested persons can go in and do bug testing/playing/reporting as you had hoped they would.

C) One weekend and a few days tacked on, isn't going to give you any useful information. 95% of people who were on the server did nothing but grind raids, which were facilitated by GMs or players with GM abilities, to summon, res and spawn monsters. Half of the battle of a raid is in the logistics, planning and recovery (particularly on contested mobs). None of that was encountered. All we did was sit around until we built up enough force to zerg or overpower dragons. And NONE of those activities were laden with bug or note taking by either the players or the staff.

D) The staff said themselves that the majority of bugs and issues were fixed or gone, and that didn't expect to find any thing major........

The entire weekend BETA has just been one fun server event, that amounted to nothing. If the staff so dearly wanted people to spend lots of time testing and experiencing BETA, then they should have had the server open much more often and given everyone GM summon/res power to encourage people to start up groups and raids, giving them unlimited access to content, in order to 'test' it.

Skittlez
12-02-2014, 02:17 PM
This thread is starting to get good.

Nicoladen
12-02-2014, 02:19 PM

A) You can't encourage and give incentive to people through force or power. If they weren't interested before, they'll be less after your strong arm tactics.

B) It's not the players' fault that BETA isn't left open more often, so that interested persons can go in and do bug testing/playing/reporting as you had hoped they would.

C) One weekend and a few days tacked on, isn't going to give you any useful information. 95% of people who were on the server did nothing but grind raids, which were facilitated by GMs or players with GM abilities, to summon, res and spawn monsters. Half of the battle of a raid is in the logistics, planning and recovery (particularly on contested mobs). All we did was sit around until we built up enough force to zerg or overpower dragons. And NONE of those activities were laden with bug or note taking by either the players or the staff.

The entire weekend BETA has just been one fun server event, that amounted to nothing.

You didn't check the Velious beta bug updates?

I also think the Beta weekend sucked and would rather have leveled. But syaing it didn't amount to anything is wrong.

Ele
12-02-2014, 02:20 PM

They aren't being forced to play here at all.

Beta has been up since March with very little down time.

C) One weekend and a few days tacked on, isn't going to give you any useful information. 95% of people who were on the server did nothing but grind raids, which were facilitated by GMs or players with GM abilities, to summon, res and spawn monsters. Half of the battle of a raid is in the logistics, planning and recovery (particularly on contested mobs). All we did was sit around until we built up enough force to zerg or overpower dragons. And NONE of those activities were laden with bug or note taking by either the players or the staff.

Are you bug report police? Are you sure that there was no bug reports or note taking occurring?

The entire weekend BETA has just been one fun server event, that amounted to nothing.

If people had fun, then it was something? amiright?

Portasaurus
12-02-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I've been having an uncharacteristically productive week of work so far this week...

Please turn the server back on before my boss starts to expect this from me regularly.

Thank you.

Loke
12-02-2014, 02:31 PM
No one is forcing you to play beta, they're simply prohibiting you from playing any of their other servers. Deal with it and stop bitching. No one cares.

I personally think they should keep it going until they feel everything has benm thoroughly tested.

Tann
12-02-2014, 02:35 PM
...I play on this free server that you folk slave away your free time to develop and improve upon. HOW DARE YOU FORCE ME TO BETA TEST, HOW DARE YOU!

FTFY

webrunner5
12-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Please don't act like Velious is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I hate the damned expansion now and back in the day. And I am sure I am not alone. I like to solo and good luck with that happening without a LOT of Velious gear which, no normal person, is ever going to get in the first 6 months to a year on here.

So like I have said in a few threads before a lot of people will be Back to the first 2 expansions in a few months after they figure out they can't kill shit alone.

Most people on here are not in their moms basement with all the time in the world like the original game was. So grouping for 3 to 4 hours a nite is not in the cards. So how many classes can solo well in Velious. Gee I think I see 2 maybe 3 fingers up. :(

Half of us or more will still be in CoM, KC and Seb doing the same old shit. Hoping for a good pop or roll, while the top guilds will have Velious tied up for months and years just like Kunark was. Same oh same oh crap. Not impressed, but I am glad you are sort of getting your jollies off. :D

norova
12-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Same oh same oh crap.

I have never seen this before. Thank you.

maahes
12-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Please don't act like Velious is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I hate the damned expansion now and back in the day. And I am sure I am not alone. I like to solo and good luck with that happening without a LOT of Velious gear which, no normal person, is ever going to get in the first 6 months to a year on here.

So like I have said in a few threads before a lot of people will be Back to the first 2 expansions in a few months after they figure out they can't kill shit alone.

Most people on here are not in their moms basement with all the time in the world like the original game was. So grouping for 3 to 4 hours a nite is not in the cards. So how many classes can solo well in Velious. Gee I think I see 2 maybe 3 fingers up. :(

Half of us or more will still be in CoM, KC and Seb doing the same old shit. Hoping for a good pop or roll, while the top guilds will have Velious tied up for months and years just like Kunark was. Same oh same oh crap. Not impressed, but I am glad you are sort of getting your jollies off. :D

Pure entertainment. Thank you!

Barnes
12-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Pure entertainment. Thank you!

Truth

Peacocky
12-02-2014, 02:56 PM

Mine a Blood Orchid Katana please!.

Nicoladen
12-02-2014, 02:58 PM

I choose beta res stick please.

Stonecrush
12-02-2014, 03:01 PM

I believe the best gift of all would be free game time.

Dang moochers. If everyone could have a DE mask, a chicken in every pot and two cars in every garage... We'd all be Americans. :eek:

Seriously. Just... No.

fennixad
12-02-2014, 03:17 PM
No one is forcing you to play beta, they're simply prohibiting you from playing any of their other servers. Deal with it and stop bitching. No one cares.

I personally think they should keep it going until they feel everything has benm thoroughly tested.

158 people on prime time. Yeah, "no one is forcing you to play beta, they are simply prohibiting you from playing any of their other server"
And im sure you are one of those 158ppl testing it, oh wait you are posting here... :) and u know why? because you dont want to test anything just like the most of the people, the big difference between you and me its you just want to be polite telling shits, and your english is mnuch better than mine (sorry about that).

15% of the people are playing velious, how many of them are rly testing it? 10%? nah probably less. So the MOST OF PEOPLE HERE 90% maybe more, just want to play :).

U know why they force us to test velious? because no one wants to... Doesnt it means something for you?

Loke
12-02-2014, 04:31 PM
No, I'm not one of those 158 people, because I'm currently at work. However, you're wrong in your assumption I don't want to test. I've raided more on beta than I have on blue in the past 6 months (although to be fair, I haven't raided at all on blue in that time frame). Just because your a whiney dick who doesn't want to contribute doesn't mean everyone else is too. I can assure you I'll be on beta in a few hours once I'm home.

fishingme
12-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Can't help but agree. Velious was in my opinion mostly a raid expansion. All players in guilds that are currently in class C & R should be restricted from playing blue, while also restricting new blue accounts from being made during forced beta.

Joyelle
12-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Can't help but agree. Velious was in my opinion mostly a raid expansion. All players in guilds that are currently in class C & R should be restricted from playing blue, while also restricting new blue accounts from being made during forced beta.

Many people from those raiding guilds have tested a bunch and contributed a lot to the beta before it was even forced.

Naprox
12-02-2014, 05:33 PM
P99 isn't the only game in town (or server select screen for that matter) so put up or shut up. You have other choices rather than cry on these forums like you have some entitlement to play here.

Fame
12-02-2014, 05:36 PM
There would be no project 1999 without the players

Swish
12-02-2014, 05:43 PM
If the OP was trolling, that was some fine work.

Wenuven
12-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Are you trolling or are you just a retard?

Ele
There would be no project 1999 without the players

Server would go on to re-create classic EQ with or without them.

Korrupt

Tann
12-02-2014, 06:09 PM

The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday.

Remember kids the server going down on Friday didn't happen until the evening eastern time.

^^^ Tuesday

https://38.media.tumblr.com/358443a21aa6cab4dfdccac9cf70ddea/tumblr_mn9sun1hep1qbtxe8o3_500.gif

Korrupt
12-02-2014, 06:11 PM
wrong it went down early AM

50spence
12-02-2014, 06:13 PM
As a college student I am glad the servers shut down during finals week. I hope you do this at the end of every quarter

Tann
12-02-2014, 06:14 PM
wrong it went down early AM

Wrong, I was able to play blue until around 2pm pacific time on Friday

Nisei
12-02-2014, 06:16 PM

wat

Wenuven
12-02-2014, 06:20 PM

Same. I played til even later than that, probably til like 3 or 4 PST. I forget. But people kept logging in and asking all day, "When is the server coming down?" because it stayed up most of Friday.

fishingme
12-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Many people from those raiding guilds have tested a bunch and contributed a lot to the beta before it was even forced.

Awesome, It's still mostly a raiding content expansion. You folks should be beta testing it anyways. Redirect all the poopsocking /raidfrapsing petition crying time to do more beta testing.

Pringles
12-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I like to solo and good luck with that happening without a LOT of Velious gear which, no normal person, is ever going to get in the first 6 months to a year on here.

Thats cool, because we will probably have ~5 years of velious :)

Asmadi
12-02-2014, 07:05 PM
If it doesn't come up soon....

We'll just have to wait some more. :p

Clark
12-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Eratani has done a lot more than I have.
Ele is crushing as always with classic things.
I see Byrjun doing good work as well.
People who have done the Shawl and Ring chains also deserve awards cause those can be long quests.

awards? lol

Portasaurus
12-02-2014, 07:42 PM
^^^ Tuesday

https://38.media.tumblr.com/358443a21aa6cab4dfdccac9cf70ddea/tumblr_mn9sun1hep1qbtxe8o3_500.gif

http://i.imgur.com/bipW96q.gif

Tann
12-02-2014, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bipW96q.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f1cb0b42aeabd72fd49e13f863d01c92/tumblr_n063gr3tA91qec5vxo4_r1_250.gif