Any debuff on you?

H

Bazia
12-03-2014, 11:01 AM
yeah but even that should have only taken me to like 90-100ish

Nirgon
12-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Your feet adhere to the ground
(Insert melee zerg connecting for 1 second)
You have been slain

Not gud for pvpz

Having to wear max MR gear in every slot to have a hope of resisting root :/

Coming from a guild with lots of members, stuff like this prevents any hope of a smaller force winning

Bazia
12-03-2014, 11:15 AM
well I guess it may have just been an insanely bad run of luck but yeah felt weird heh

Daldaen
12-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Malo + Tash is what 84 MR? Mod is 1.5 or 2 for PvP. So 126 or 168.

Brace yourself for roots, snares and stuns friends. Classic is here.

Need item loot and removal of global OOC/yellow text next.

Colgate
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
i wonder if you left the bonus for tash at +200% as it was before?

right now it's simply WAAAAAY too powerful

+50% would be good but even +100% is insane. it's going to be rootspam once again in big fights

also, roots are still landing like crazy even at 100 MR without any debuffs

Nirgon
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Brace yourself for roots, snares and stuns friends. Classic is here.

Numerous people who put in way too much EQ pvp on live for this era will tell you 60mr meant no roots/snares/stuns.

The ~140 marker for direct damage spells is amazing tho, its very classic and I believe quite a technical hurdle. I expected some issues to creep through because we're all only human and can only test so much :). Having this cap/threshold system is a humongous win for the pvp resist code and some trade offs / analysis after the fact are expected with such a huge change and hopefully tweaks will be considered.

Rather than just take my word or anyone else's for it, I hope Haynar takes a stroll over to observe some mass PvP with the root changes. Root->Splat is real.

Abilities in WoW like frost nova had log cooldowns, instant use counters like pvp trinkets to instantly remove for a reason. Imagine of the pvp trinket had a 3 second cast in WoW how fast people would die to a RMP style lock down comp. High end arena for CC/lock down comps was basically run them out of instant removes/escapes then burst someone down. Having a fast cast 30 second movement disable is bad. I understand there are dispels and pumice, but if you root a rogue he isn't going to be able to pumice himself because he has no channeling skill. Yes he could call for a dispel so someone else can do that, but odds are he is dead as doornail before that dispel lands.

I also gotta reiterate and can't stress enough that this kills any hope of small elite crews being able to use their skill to win in pvp fights.

Haynar
12-03-2014, 11:43 AM
I will remove all debuff bonuses for CC spells. No skill in rooting someone.

H

Bazia
12-03-2014, 11:50 AM
yeah I rooted someone 7/7 at 97 MR not tashed

Nirgon
12-03-2014, 11:50 AM
I love the changes overall. Hope you do some GM invis fly arounds watching how things play out :).

Bazia can you clarify that you're using fetter and not "root" or immobilize? I was able to land devouring darkness/fetter constantly in my testing, as well as Markar's Discord stun.

Mac Drettj
12-03-2014, 11:57 AM
I will remove all debuff bonuses for CC spells. No skill in rooting someone.

H

whats that do to enchanter aoe stuns?

enchanter non rapture mezzes?

cleric stuns?

pally stuns?

snares?

engulfing lines?

rogue poison snares?

bard stuns?

bard snares?

mage epic pet stun?

mage earth pet root?

etc?

Haynar
12-03-2014, 12:03 PM
There are more bonuses to the CC lines that have absolute caps to their resists.

I dont tell you about everything. Gonna tone it down another notch.

H

Bazia
12-03-2014, 12:09 PM
yes it was fetter root wasnt as ridic

I know other people werent having as insane results as mine

pickanother
12-03-2014, 12:46 PM
i dont get this was on kinamaraa 186 mr .. i got tash maloed i cure tash = 156 mr and rooted 9 out of 9 times omg chanter / shaman's so op now

pickanother
12-03-2014, 12:48 PM
mage will run now with a earth pet malo = taget stand still ! hope it will be fixed soon mmm illl rain you now you rdy mr mele gg

Bazia
12-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Well i tashed you again right away but yaw

Pudge
12-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Haynar. Da fuck man. I appreciate that you are actually DOING things. But... Custom99 resists going too far here. resists needed a couple tweaks.. Not complete revamp. With respect (because you do a LOT and it is almost all great changes) you are the first coder to touch the pvp resists without playing pvp. Shouldn't armchair so hard. Small tweaks, over time please! (Alecta didn't play r99 that I know of but he did play and code for vztz, null also.)

Pudge
12-03-2014, 03:35 PM
That said, it's still entertaining and all great as long as things keep changing/evolving. Just afraid of getting left in the dust after changes go in that aren't ideal (because it's happened in the past repeatedly to us here). But you're still around for now at least!

Mac Drettj
12-03-2014, 04:17 PM
There are more bonuses to the CC lines that have absolute caps to their resists.

I dont tell you about everything. Gonna tone it down another notch.

H

I think "hiding" your changes is not the best solution.

It's the reason why spell damage is left in. We need to see in order to report.

Thanks.

edit: Also, I "heard" that the debuff modifier was different on client vs server, meaning that we don't even know what the true -n value is. More reasons to be transparent while editing PvP code that might be different on a per spell basis.

Haynar
12-03-2014, 05:12 PM
I think "hiding" your changes is not the best solution.

Sometimes.

Still don't know what happened to /ooc. Not looking at it either. Just fixing what I broke.

H

Colgate
12-03-2014, 05:31 PM
/ooc was fixed

really appreciate all the work you've done for us large H

Bazia
12-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Actually in retrospect I think it's finally fair for casters after getting dunked on 24/7 and being a complete joke compared to melees

FEELS GOOG

compulsion
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
After reading this shit I don't care so much that the game is so dark that it is misery to play, even on a dark elf, or that the mobs are all invisible. Every patch since Alecta left has made the game worse. Maybe root should land on 150+ mr, since with another channeling nerf on the board, your odds of completing a 2.5 sec spell are probably only 40%.

Nirgon
12-03-2014, 08:29 PM
No I'm trying it right now with fetter

resisting them all with 126mr... hopefully will also at 70mr

Tash / Malo are jacked up too high is all

I really like the intention I see behind it, trying to make caster vs melee a little more fair all the way up... and I'm for that considering Velious end game but that good intention turns into assist and insta splat for melees which is actually worse than the original can't root melees problem. Run on sentence.

Bazia
12-03-2014, 08:33 PM
when most people are walking around with 150+ MR tash is not 2 strong

actually being able to do things was nice for a change

Bazia
12-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Today I was able to be in zone with an enemy rogue for longer than 4 minutes

Haynar

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/56434024.jpg

Crazycloud
12-03-2014, 08:50 PM
yeah hit box changes is awesome thanks hayner.

Resists a problem right now tho :D

Technique
12-03-2014, 10:58 PM
resisting them all with 126mr... hopefully will also at 70mrFunny how no one has really complained about root after the 125 MR requirement for a 98% chance-to-resist went in over a year ago.

Yet now that Velious is on the horizon for a 3-year old server that will never have item loot, nirgon thinks it's a good time to lower the immunity threshold to 70.

:rolleyes:

Nirgon
12-03-2014, 11:38 PM
I've always wanted that

Bazia
12-03-2014, 11:49 PM
people that are just auto attacking and walking into casters ignoring debuffs are getting punished, i got called an exploiter by a ranger because he got mez locked when he didnt dot himself, crimpot, or pumice root off

they were just so spoiled by the insane resists for cc spells that were in place

if you look at the average enc's pvp record on the server (is something like 4-75 on average) it's because even with debuffs all CC spells or ENC nukes were useless and people could just ignore your debuffs and all your spells and charge you with autoattack

Smedy
12-04-2014, 01:36 AM
i wonder if you left the bonus for tash at +200% as it was before?

right now it's simply WAAAAAY too powerful

+50% would be good but even +100% is insane. it's going to be rootspam once again in big fights

also, roots are still landing like crazy even at 100 MR without any debuffs

even the 100% on malo tash is to powerful, why isn't a simple classic 50% boost enough? why the fuck are we going straight to custom on this for?

Smedy
12-04-2014, 01:39 AM
people that are just auto attacking and walking into casters ignoring debuffs are getting punished, i got called an exploiter by a ranger because he got mez locked when he didnt dot himself, crimpot, or pumice root off

they were just so spoiled by the insane resists for cc spells that were in place

if you look at the average enc's pvp record on the server (is something like 4-75 on average) it's because even with debuffs all CC spells or ENC nukes were useless and people could just ignore your debuffs and all your spells and charge you with autoattack

so you're telling me that if i go for you and you put tash on me which is a 1 second cast that costs no mana i should prioritize curing tash before continue to fight you? also you're telling me that if i don't have a crimmy pot i should stand no chance, but the fact is that if you have a cure shield, there's no way for me to do anything vs an enchanter if i don't have a magical amount of around 200 mr unbuffed, which no one has on the server not even the BIS characters.

this change was the most retarded thing i've ever seen, not sure who did the testing but why are we going straight for custom debuff changes before even trying the classic ones (-50%)

bazia? naw... biasia....

with the +100% bonus to debuffs root, mez and snare needs to be hard to land around 50 mr, and give me complete immunity at 70 like it was on live, thank you

Bazia
12-04-2014, 01:49 AM
or u cud u know use a magic dot on urself when u see an enc in zone

but this kind of "advanced" strategical thinking is too hard from the long spoiled melee players of the server

Bazia
12-04-2014, 01:52 AM
But yeah with all trolling aside with a shield I can rape any class in the game atm 1v1 without taking a single point of damage

It's retarded

Smedy
12-04-2014, 02:05 AM
or u cud u know use a magic dot on urself when u see an enc in zone

but this kind of "advanced" strategical thinking is too hard from the long spoiled melee players of the server

so i have mr dot pot, and my 4 clickies ready, and my bis in slot gear, is this what you expect me to have to fight you without getting absolutely wrecked by your 1 second cast heh, sounds a little biased to me biasia :)

lets stop argue and agree that there's no reason for this to be costum at 100% when we haven't tried the classic value of 50%, dr nirgon agrees as seen earlier in the thread

Bazia
12-04-2014, 02:06 AM
read comment above mate I was just doing my best burgerking impression u feelz?

although both shm and enc were desperately in need of buffs as they have been complete jokes in pvp the past 2-3 years

Nirgon
12-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Nearly impossible for a small crew to attack a raid with any real success when they will get tash/fettered every time

Benefits our raids a lot but the guerilla fighters that defend majestic raid mobs will run into trouble methinks.

Burgerking
12-04-2014, 12:04 PM
so i have mr dot pot, and my 4 clickies ready, and my bis in slot gear, is this what you expect me to have to fight you without getting absolutely wrecked by your 1 second cast heh, sounds a little biased to me biasia :)

lets stop argue and agree that there's no reason for this to be costum at 100% when we haven't tried the classic value of 50%, dr nirgon agrees as seen earlier in the thread

It's a double fuck atm it's the combo of root threshhold for resist being set too high, on top of the 100% debuff. I would agree to 75% but 50% wouldn't scale properly with the 3 years of kunark and gear to player ratio that is consistent with this server. Once the spells landing to easily on their own for CC is tuned the debuff will work itself out. On live I never saw anyone let a malo sit on them like you guys do here saying fuck it. And you have to keep in mind Velious is close and the resists will raise ALLOT after that gear. 75% would be more in line with now might need 100% come velious.

Let's not pretend you weren't totally fucked on live when you faced off against an enchanter with a shield of the immaculate. This is why it was so important to be stocked with potions of stinging wort as the calimony effect was uncurable by the shield.

Enchanter nukes were also ALL OR NOTHING on live, you never got a partial, the spell checked for resists only on the stun portion of the spell the dmg was a full given if the spell landed.

Yesterday I had a malosini land on me with 150 MR, something I never saw before on live. That's a minus 140 to all resists for a 3 second cast lol. This spell should never land that well. Trust me I would love it if it did, but it's not classic and is too much of an advantage for Shamans.

Melee dmg still isn't scaling properly with Ac it feels ok now, but come velious were gonna watch a repeat of the same thing we had in kunark.

Poison threshold also set far to high rogue poisons landing like they are unresistable.

Nirgon
12-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Ok we beat the dead horse. Big H gonna fix. Cool the burgs/be patient its a free service from a beloved dev.

Edit: oh fancy that http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1702418#post1702418

Colgate
12-04-2014, 06:09 PM
even after the patch today, root/mez/blind seems to be ridiculous

5 out of 5 fetters landed at 107 MR(146 base, tashed)
4 out of 5 dazzles landed at 107 MR

etc.

Burgerking
12-04-2014, 07:25 PM
even after the patch today, root/mez/blind seems to be ridiculous

5 out of 5 fetters landed at 107 MR(146 base, tashed)
4 out of 5 dazzles landed at 107 MR

etc.

I could see glamour of kintaz landing like that alil higher than classic but close enough, but not dazzle.

Bazia
12-04-2014, 07:43 PM
i like spells working fuck yall heheheheh

Bazia
12-04-2014, 08:00 PM
7/7 on fetter resists on 109 MR ROG

It's def the debuff thats making it work like this

krazyGlue
12-09-2014, 12:54 AM
I had 165mr fetter landed 5/7 times I wasn't tashed or malod also the person casting was blue con aka lower level

snufzaimoverlord
12-12-2014, 11:11 PM
malosini, root, blind landing at well over 100 MR.

Miles from classic