PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Global /ooc broken

Colgate
12-03-2014, 11:03 AM
yaw

arriskywolf
12-03-2014, 12:19 PM
This is potentially game breaking on red and as a new player it is very discouraging. If you want to attract new players this isn't how to do it.

Burgerking
12-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Don't do this staff. We've worked so hard to increase this server and move it in the right direction even after most of the staff had given up on us. OOC has actually been much better now then it has been in years.

With OOC we were able to bolster the economy, new player's were able to find groups, vets were able to go to spots new players were lvling in and hand off items and buffs. Guild's like Fresh, God's Work and Holocaust used OOC to recruit.

These are very huge contributors to why the pop here is growing. It's time to face some hard truths, the staff here doesn't really know what helps red, because most of the staff isn't hardcore red players of old. We are and we do know what will increase pop.

Removal of OOC is a huge step back and a slap in the face to all the efforts we made to turn this server around.

Help us help you!

Scratch&Sniff
12-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Honestly Global /ooc was one of the best things about this server, i started as a naked rogue and it allowed me to make alot of friends on a lower population server, without global /ooc i never would have found half the groups i did, and i know this may not be classic i can see how on a server of less then 300 it shouldnt be a problem, i mean there are almost as many people in EC on any givin day

edit, me and my buddy lolin gonna have roll an alt on a diffrent account to save my rez timer while i run zone to zone and look for a cleric to rez me

Daldaen
12-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Making R99 more classic day by day. It may have hope yet!

Keep up the good work devs.

arriskywolf
12-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Blue player thinks it's a good idea to implement a change on red that only affects red, definitely an opinion worthy of consideration.

Daldaen
12-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Classic player thinks it's good to return to classic mechanics with a good change on a classic PvP server, definitely an opinion worth considering.

Maybe more will play when they don't have to listen to pras spam among other global OOC nonsense that beta wa a unfortunately subjected to the last few days :/.

pharmakos
12-03-2014, 02:11 PM
devs, please remove yellow text while we're at it

arriskywolf
12-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Speaking as a new player, more people will not play if they can't find groups, auction gear, and get ports on a nearly unpopulated server. Global ooc is needed badly to alleviate the symptoms of low population. The population has been growing steadily but due to the amount of zones in game, especially with the pending introduction of velious, the population is fragmented on the server. I played classic pvp on RZ since vanilla before kunark. If the population was as low then as it is on r99 now it would have been nearly unplayable. There's a reason red doesn't have afk players and bazaar in ec and everyone unanon like blue does and those two things will not change as long as it's a pvp+ server.

If you don't play on red as your main server then shut the fuck up about red, tbh. If the GMs/devs think ooc is toxic then ban the people that make it that way, don't collectively punish everyone. Minus a few assholes who have to let everyone know their every pixelated move/victory, there are actually quite a few great people in the community and ooc really helped foster that especially when it came to helping new players such as myself.

Somekid123
12-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Bring ooc back. How do I mass advertise my plat and buff give away! -andain

worch
12-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks for removing global ooc, which was primarily used by the handfull of trolls constantly spewing filth.

Nirgon
12-03-2014, 03:07 PM
restored for now, definitely use /ignore

I can confidently say everyone I've ignored is someone I've never run into or would consider being non-kos to me.

arriskywolf
12-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Thank you for bringing global ooc back.

derpcake
12-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Thank you for bringing global ooc back.

Yes.