PDA

View Full Version : Sirken Claus

DetroitVelvetSmooth
12-04-2014, 01:04 PM
He's making a list,
And checking it twice.
Sirken so cold,
Like Velious ice.

"Hi everyone, just wanted to take a minute to thank those of you that choose to help the staff with beta testing this weekend. (for the rest of you, unless u had a good reason, i hope you die in a fire because u dont deserve to play here).
that being said, as a very special thank you, at the next staff meeting im gonna get the ball rolling on things we can do for, or give to, the people that beta tested.
possibly early velious access, possibly xp pots, possibly ban everyone that didnt and let the real fans (the ones that did beta) run wild for a weekend on blue without the non testers, maybe some item raffles, etc
after all, the world is indeed our oyster"

Some of us might be getting coal in our stockings. Some of us deserve it - why didn't you test this weekend?

edit: source - reddit
pras sirken

rafaone
12-04-2014, 01:08 PM
i hope you die in a fire

0_o

hvidhajen
12-04-2014, 01:12 PM
I barely know anything about Velious, heck I don't even know much about Kunark (my only char is a level 40 cleric).

Whirled
12-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I barely know anything about Velious, heck I don't even know much about Kunark (my only char is a level 40 cleric).

I hear ya man, I don't know tons of this game either.
I BETA'ed for a few, got run over by tons of things, logged out & then spent time with family. Win/win for everyone!

Nirgon
12-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Early start is a good idea except if one guild's porters get cobalt scar teeth first for the big launch

Too much of an advantage.... but maybe it is deserved given some people put in massive amounts of time to helping get Velious going

My personal suggestion is giving players who tested hardcore a 1 time max faction on day 1 with either Claws of Veeshan + Yelinak, Tomarx + Kromzek/Kromrif, or Dain/Thug. The faction tools for that are already coded and ready to roll.

Why make them also do the faction grind if they already put in tons of time testing? This seems fair to me really. Just 2cp.

Tormax
12-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Early start is a good idea except if one guild's porters get cobalt scar teeth first for the big launch

Too much of an advantage.... but maybe it is deserved given some people put in massive amounts of time to helping get Velious going

My personal suggestion is give players who tested hardcore max faction with either Claws of Veeshan + Yelinak, Tomarx + Kromzek/Kromrif, or Dain/Thug. The faction tools for that are already coded and ready to roll.

Why make them do the faction grind if they already put in tons of time testing? This seems fair to me really. Just 2cp.

I really like this idea of a boost in factioning.

Glenzig
12-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Sorry. I was out of town until Sunday evening. I had about an hour that I logged I to red. Haven't been able to log into eq at all since then. Too busy. Am I banned?

Mac Drettj
12-04-2014, 01:51 PM
ive been a very vocal PRO-BLUE / ANTI-RED supporter for a long time

I tried RED during the downtime and must say I HAVE BEEN CONVERTED

RED IS AMAZIN

HeallunRumblebelly
12-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Heard that everyone who was beta testing before the Beta Merchants and Porter were put into game is permitted to keep 1 Velious item of their choosing when things go live!!

Hope you got your beta toon made before ez mode was turned on !!

Im keeping my Zlandi heart <3

Lols. Keeping my Tormax head then. White dragonscale boots ftw.

hvidhajen
12-04-2014, 02:15 PM
ive been a very vocal PRO-BLUE / ANTI-RED supporter for a long time

I tried RED during the downtime and must say I HAVE BEEN CONVERTED

RED IS AMAZIN

Seems legit

Peacocky
12-04-2014, 02:22 PM
What the heck is going on, first I had donated and had taken part in Velious beta to help and all I get is dark screen which had now been return to normal, but now I am getting much more resist on mobs on live...

Thanks alot, I'll remember this.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
12-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Id like to point out that if you change your graphics card settings' gamma it makes the game look awesome. kinda hoping they dont change it back after I found that out. just have to hit the button every time i zone. but it was a great fix, very classic, just hard to implement. y u hatin peacock?

Peacocky
12-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Sorry could you speak English?, did I say anything about hate?, want another donation?.

Swish
12-04-2014, 02:31 PM
i hope you die in a fire

u dont deserve to play here.

possibly ban everyone that didnt (test)

let the real fans (the ones that did beta) run wild for a weekend on blue without the non testers, maybe some item raffles, etc

y u hatin..?

lol this guy :D

XenTheMad
12-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Despite the outspoken Red peeps who were a bit obnoxious, I did try to beta test. P99 is my first EQ server EVER (GO RED!), and there's so much of the game that I've yet to experience, both in Classic and in Kunark, let alone Velious. There was a lot of blue vs red shit in the beta's OOC, which was a little disconcerting (yeah, I participated in some of it, I admit. I was all stoned, and just couldn't stop laughing with my room mates about the asshats who take everything too seriously), but even then, I tucked my head down, decided not to beta-buff, and rode the boat to IceClad.

Having found myself there, I rode the ice-breaker, and in the excitement, fell off the boat, and had to swim my way to dry land. But once dry, and warm, I decided to continue my exploration of the area, and came across a very daunting, and intimidating tower.

Long story short. I tried to beta test. Went and did the Tower of Frozen Shadow (as much as I could figure out), and had a great time, but I was just discouraged by the lack of knowledge, and the lack of experience in the area. Honestly I spent more time just exploring than actually 'testing'.

That being said, I enjoyed the beta, though I was a little upset it was forced. Keep up the good work, and please PLEASE guys, fix red. Dunno about blue, but after the updates, Red is soooo borked.

Stooney Balooney <Dungeon Fever> - 54 Cleric - Red (Gotta make a sig one of these days when I'm not all lazy)

Eunomia
12-04-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't know tons of this game either.

Anyone can roll any class for the beta. Always need healers. Even if you never played a cleric before, adding any heals is going to help.

You may not want to participate in a chain, but YOU MAY!

If you can create a macro and count to 10, you will be all set.

Quick google search of Cleric complete heal chain macro: http://majesticmight.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=11912&TabID=98771&ForumID=192691&TopicID=1288049

Line 1- /4 Complete Heal on %t. Lyolas is next
Line 2- /cast 1
Line 3- /Pause 50
Line 4- /4 Lyolas Cast NOW!

* My edit - You need more /cast 1 to compensate for fizzles

I had a blast on beta. We started with a small group, which grew into a huge pick-up raid that killed Velketor (without my assistance ). I summoned people so more could join as we moved through Velks.

I'm actually looking forward to spending more time on beta doing the same type of thing.

Right now Beta is patch 34 and live is 35 (last night anyway) so I didn't push the recruitment. It required two set-ups or switching back and forth between patches.

Pudge
12-04-2014, 03:20 PM
He's making a list,
And checking it twice.
Sirken so cold,
Like Velious ice.

"Hi everyone, just wanted to take a minute to thank those of you that choose to help the staff with beta testing this weekend. (for the rest of you, unless u had a good reason, i hope you die in a fire because u dont deserve to play here).
that being said, as a very special thank you, at the next staff meeting im gonna get the ball rolling on things we can do for, or give to, the people that beta tested.
possibly early velious access, possibly xp pots, possibly ban everyone that didnt and let the real fans (the ones that did beta) run wild for a weekend on blue without the non testers, maybe some item raffles, etc

Some of us might be getting coal in our stockings. Some of us deserve it - why didn't you test this weekend?

pras sirken

What if I was such a good boy, I logged in to beta BEFORE this weekend. Then do I win the extra special prize?

myriverse
12-04-2014, 03:23 PM
1. Not qualified. There's not really much in Velious that I know about.
2. Apathy. There's not really much in Velious that I care about.

Pint
12-04-2014, 03:26 PM
My personal suggestion is giving players who tested hardcore a 1 time max faction on day 1 with either Claws of Veeshan + Yelinak, Tomarx + Kromzek/Kromrif, or Dain/Thug. The faction tools for that are already coded and ready to roll.

Why make them also do the faction grind if they already put in tons of time testing? This seems fair to me really. Just 2cp.

but classic?

Nirgon
12-04-2014, 05:21 PM
gud point

a tip of the fedora to you m'lord

NGHpnotiq
12-04-2014, 05:30 PM
I barely know anything about Velious but I still logged in a couple of days and took a few Free 60 uber characters I'll probably never have on Blue out for a spin and joined some terrible raids into some great Velious zones. Did I help the Velious Beta testing? Probably not honestly, but I tried. I don't think we should feed the zealous fire's that fuel Sirken's heart. A couple of cool raffles, exp pots? Cool stuff that's not a huge boon to those who logged in or a punishment to the naughty ones who did not.

Absenthe
12-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I hate velious, simple enough answer.

Dualform
12-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I didn't test because I was afraid of messing my client up adding weird velious files then removing them later..

Oleris
12-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I had to handle some missions at my garrison

captnamazing
12-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Sirken should force all people who played Red instead of Beta-testing to attend a hardcore, intensive, 12 month roleplaying academy, where their personal identity as a RL hunam is stripped and they are 100% immersed

Byrjun
12-05-2014, 11:59 AM
I didn't test because I was afraid of messing my client up adding weird velious files then removing them later..

The beta server uses the same exact files that Blue and Red does. Except now I guess it's on the last spell file but that's a minor swap.

Mac Drettj
12-05-2014, 12:00 PM
I had to handle some missions at my garrison

lol

Nuggie
12-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Files aren't the same now? Gdi I just deleted my beta install.

Anyone who doesn't know velious can go check for pathing problems, check to see if some zones are populated enough or if they seem abondoned, (something really only an outside perspective can give), can go the the master list and pick something good that isn't done yet and go quest it, or go farm materials for some trade skilling item. You don't have to be an expert to test.

Reguiy
12-05-2014, 08:45 PM
No options for "wants Velious but gives no shits about testing."

DarkwingDuck
12-06-2014, 12:00 AM
He's making a list,
And checking it twice.
Sirken so cold,
Like Velious ice.

pras sirken

Good call. Have an even larger game, with 300 players.
Some of us have busy lives, ya know jobs, kids, friends. So if going to have mandatory beta testing over time when people don't even play (I rarely play a weekend). The testers don't deserve any extra credit. They get to play Velious, eventually, like the rest of us. Make it a month mandatory, I'm sure you'll see me out there.. Once/twice a week. Stop patting yourself on the back for having an unhealthy addiction.

Ps. Wish I coulda been there, I had my chars on COPY. Been wantin to play my 2nd fav expansion.

Crawdad
12-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Soo... I was under the impression you guys took down Blue and left Red up with Beta in order to boost its population/keep the trolls off Beta... and then decided "Hey we need more people, let's shut down red too."

I guess you left Red up to punish people? Passive aggressiveness is pretty unbecoming.

Aviann
12-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Soo... I was under the impression you guys took down Blue and left Red up with Beta in order to boost its population/keep the trolls off Beta... and then decided "Hey we need more people, let's shut down red too."

I guess you left Red up to punish people? Passive aggressiveness is pretty unbecoming.

When they said that punishment from stupidity on the beta server was going to carry over to their original character servers, it weeded out a lot of the people that would have initially started a bunch of crap from both servers. Regardless, glad they took them both down, because it did improve the testing, everyone stopped fighting for a couple of days, and the red tears were delicious and went well with a side of Velious awesome.

Crawdad
12-06-2014, 05:51 PM
When they said that punishment from stupidity on the beta server was going to carry over to their original character servers, it weeded out a lot of the people that would have initially started a bunch of crap from both servers. Regardless, glad they took them both down, because it did improve the testing, everyone stopped fighting for a couple of days, and the red tears were delicious and went well with a side of Velious awesome.
Totally agree, both servers should've been down from the beginning.

(for the rest of you, unless u had a good reason, i hope you die in a fire because u dont deserve to play here).
possibly ban everyone that didnt and let the real fans (the ones that did beta) run wild for a weekend on blue without the non testers

Seems incredibly petty. What if my good reason was you left Red up? It doesn't make sense to punish people when they weren't doing anything wrong. I think it would be really nice to give those who actually beta tested something to show for their effort, though.

sox7d
12-06-2014, 06:10 PM
I think red was left up because the mudflated blue shit show has surpassed the red sociopath twink shit show and that maybe the devs wanted to increase the population of red since an influx would be somewhat similar to a server wipe, which they won't do because of speculative suicides, death threats and unrelenting DDoS.

Nonetheless, the devs can do whatever the fuck they want. This is only few games worth playing imo and they're they ones that made it possible. Maybe I am sucking the devs dick when it comes to people complaining about the two day server shut down, but I'm pretty sure, as a heterosexual male I've said at some point between 2004-2008, "I'd suck a dick for a classic EQ server."

Laugher
12-06-2014, 06:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0Y0Olhf.gif

Nirgon
12-06-2014, 06:37 PM
red tears were delicious and went well with a side of Velious awesome.

Where's the red tears?

Sirken
12-06-2014, 07:22 PM
https://imageshack.com/a/img27/2977/k83.gif

Argh
12-06-2014, 07:40 PM
The reward for testing is a bug free Velious. If you need some motivating factor beyond that then you are most assuredly a feckless ingrate.

Conscript
12-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Why can't the reward for testing be that you get an expansion a little bit sooner and a little bit more bug-free than you would have had otherwise?

"We are self-entitled" - The voice of P1999

Faiding
12-07-2014, 03:42 AM
I tested. Found and reported a couple bugs. Still, I'd rather have found those bugs playing my main on live.

Wanna do something really classic? Release an expansion with a shitload of bugs.

I guessed forced beta was a good idea, though. I spent so much time secluded to Velious that I'm already bored of the expansion.

Secrets
12-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Does sitting in North Ro and dueling count as testing?

Whirled
12-07-2014, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdLovAaYzM
...as the trains hit...

aldred
12-08-2014, 02:06 AM
The reward for testing is a bug free Velious. If you need some motivating factor beyond that then you are most assuredly a feckless ingrate.

Warriors logic, we know what is really important in the heat of battle :D