View Full Version : NOT ENOUGH RP?!

captnamazing
12-04-2014, 05:33 PM
:mad:

how much RP do you contribute?

tell us YOUR story (in character)

Dualform
12-04-2014, 05:34 PM
I try to never break character on my character "Shegra" whom is a giant ugly Ogre Female Warrior who yells a lot. =p

Gaxx
12-04-2014, 05:36 PM
It sucks that there aren't any RP guilds. There used to be one on Tribunal called Innoruuk's Dark Maidens that was a female DE only RP guild.

Snackies
12-04-2014, 05:40 PM
I am Human

I am Mustache

I am Snack

captnamazing
12-04-2014, 05:42 PM
I am Human

I am Mustache

I am Snack

confirmed to pass my RP-test. i've never personally interacted with you, but you clearly have an established in game character.

Kevris
12-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I stay in character on Mcporty (unless I'm drunk) as a super polite Dial-A-Porter.

Swish
12-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I've done some great RP in my time, there's always room for more however :)

Alendria
12-04-2014, 06:00 PM
It sucks that there aren't any RP guilds. There used to be one on Tribunal called Innoruuk's Dark Maidens that was a female DE only RP guild.

Ohhhh I remember IDM. Couple of them helped me get started on my necro back in my ultra newb days. Weirded me out at first tbh, were yelling that they hated me and hoped I died but kept giving me newb items.

eqravenprince
12-04-2014, 06:02 PM
I don't like to RP. I like to kill shit. Talking ME OGRE U GUD TO EAT is fucking stupid. I get really annoyed when idiot Iksar characters add lots of ssss's to the end of words.

captnamazing
12-04-2014, 06:02 PM
I think the issue with RP guilds is that there's way too much metagame afoot. the people who are really driven on this server are far more pixel-oriented. They don't know about the invisible, intangible, very real rewards of RP interactions.

I've also found out that lots of people on p99 don't know where to start with RP. They just get confused. Maybe there should be a guidebook to Roleplaying, so people have a helping hand in character personality design.

sox7d
12-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Through an intelligence of 255, I am able to see beyond the physics of this world and break down combat and power progression into its simplest forms. The presence of woodsmen, knights of both light and darkness and the heirs of Väinämöinen disrupts this mysterious force of learning. In order to create the highest power in my limited time on this world, I choose only to associate with Disciples of Rodcet, masters of the mind and those who have forsaken magic to concentrate their might.

Jimjam
12-04-2014, 06:14 PM
What is this 'role playing' and 'game' you speak of?

Begone, and don't you be thinking of taking any of the quarterlings down into Runnyeye with you again!

sox7d
12-04-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't like to RP. I like to kill shit. Talking ME OGRE U GUD TO EAT is fucking stupid. I get really annoyed when idiot Iksar characters add lots of ssss's to the end of words.

^

I wouldn't mind roleplaying if it weren't always so contrived and generic.

People need to learn how to balance their honest motivations with their RP motivations.

"Here, you take this belt off of him, we'll split the bounty on these savages 50-50."

"I offer you my strength and my dominion over nature, I may not be have the finesse of the purest martial schools, but with my covert ways and tricks of the fay, we can ransack the army of this castle one by one without grave danger to ourselves."

Faiding
12-04-2014, 06:36 PM
the invisible, intangible, very real

Makes sense.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
12-04-2014, 06:50 PM
I try to never break character on my character "Shegra" whom is a giant ugly Ogre Female Warrior who yells a lot. =p

Best female ogre name on server for sure! :D

Feanol
12-04-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm currently approaching thirty social macro's that serve no functional purpose. Usually they're just my character saying badass things or commenting on the weather or making a joke. A lot of the macro's are about eating food or drinking, along with sharpening weapons and fletching arrows blah blah...

Every spell I use has a macro beginning with /sit off and some emote/say flavor while the casting happens. I don't go to any great length to stay in character if there's serious stuff to be said but I'll play along best I can when someone responds with RP of their own. I've had plenty of lengthy RP-only interaction, though it can be hard to find someone else willing to keep it going and not break character.

I agree there's a lot of overdone "thee" , "thy" and "my lord" kinda roleplay but that's silly ameteur stuff anyway. It's about creating a unique character, not carbon-copying some kinda medeival knight. I always get positive reactions and that's encouraged me to deepen my character and try to maintain the role in a variety of situations.

Although at some point I always end up typing "brb" ,=p

Clark
12-04-2014, 07:31 PM

Thissss is not alwaysss true. Wait I'm not an Iksar.

Ravager
12-04-2014, 07:39 PM
LIGHTNING BOLT!

LIGHTNING BOLT!

LIGHTNING BOLT!

Simp
12-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I am GNOME! I am loved in Neriak for my wicked dance moves. I boogie down nightly in the bank. I can't go home to ak'anon due to being mobbed. I am kind of a big deal back home.

MilanderTruewield
12-04-2014, 10:05 PM
If I remember correctly, it was FIRE BOLT! But I'm not too sure anymore. Been a long time since I saw that video :P

sox7d
12-04-2014, 10:14 PM
If I remember correctly, it was FIRE BOLT! But I'm not too sure anymore. Been a long time since I saw that video :P

If only there was a way we could know for sure.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
12-04-2014, 10:29 PM
If only there was a way we could know for sure.

Is there some kind of repository for a/v materials that is indexed for use with some kind of search algorithm? Someone here must know. Glad you brought this up, I'm sure we can get someone "tech-savvy" enough to figure it out. Beats me though!

Snagglepuss
12-04-2014, 10:40 PM
I min max for RP np. Human warrior, erudite cleric, etc

sox7d
12-04-2014, 10:49 PM
I RP a human warrior and pretend that I got sucked into the game and I have to defeat Innoruuk to return to the real world, but if I die in game I die in real life!!!!!!!!

captnamazing
12-05-2014, 12:54 AM
I min max for RP np. Human warrior, erudite cleric, etc

good man, i'm on the same page

bktroost
12-05-2014, 02:27 AM
Although forced to spend countless hours among militant war rooms and diplomatic counsel chambers, the archmage Nemce Allazaward, only gained the peace of fulfilling one's purpose while studying the deeper levels of elemental arcana.

Candlemark after candlemark passed by each night as he razed the contents of the dusty tomes, searching for the missing piece to the equation. He was visited by a companion from his adventuring days of lore, Tiblner Milnik. He described to him a staff , wielded by the prince of hate and can be acquired by killing his corporeal form once every 58th Thursday, when the moon is in the 12th hour, after an earthquake, in the middle of winter and only if you have a 4 leave clover in your pocket.

"This is the only way to complete your research." Tiblner sighed.

Nemce was so frustrated, defeated and confounded by the tiresome component that he decided to experiment in other forms of ancient magick. He was intimately familiar with the art of summoning and so that is where he began the foundation of this new research. Being ever jealous of the power that flowed through wizards and druids, Nemce decided to learn the magick that controlled translocation and teleportation.

This of course was against the laws of nature.

His goal was to pioneer a new strain of magick that would not require wizard pads or druid rings or any foci of magical energies. He would surpass the great Wizard Al'kabor and no child of Tunare or Karana could come close to comprehending the awesome power that awaited.

In his first and only experimentation, the Archmage attempted to summon himself out of Northern Freeport and into the city of Rivervale. Both being a relatively friendly location, he assumed it was a controlled environment...until the unthinkable happened.

Nemce began the Grand Incantation to complete the spell. Prior to the attempt, he cleared out an area in the backside of the city of Rivervale, a location that had very little foot traffic. All had gone according to calculation until a small wolf pup with a gold collar, engraved "Mangler", ran into the clearing. Nemce immediately sensed the weak life form's presence in the small circular area he was targeting, but it was too late. Nemce attempted to cancel the spell and sever the connection, however his concentration was too great to be interrupted and he was teleported-- at least in part.

The wrenching pain he experienced in the few moments that followed (though it felt like the culmination of days of torture) was beyond anything he had experience in his many years. Twisted, deformed, and hairy, he stood. Four ft tall, covered in blood and matted fur, and a small gold collar with the name "Mangler" dangling on his ankle, Littlernemce was born. Nemce had transferred his body to another location and in one sense his experiment did succeed... not how he planned, however.

Littlernemce was filled with more elemental magick than Nemce could have dreamed in the moments to follow, but it was chaotic and uncontrollable. In a desperate act, driven by pain and horror, Nemce willed his original form back into creation. Littlernemce was left spent and void of magick. There, side by side, stood the Archmage as he once was and the hairy, magick inept ball of flesh that was Littlernemce.

The midget lacked many things, but, like his sire, he had a keen mind and, despite his stunted height, he was very agile. Nemce also started to notice that various baubles and gems began appearing in his study, as did the number of items reported missing in the guild as of late. It seemed that his experiment succeeded in solving an issue he did not realize could be solved.

Nemce had expended libraries of research tomes, dedicated to the effort of reducing a foe's resistance to magical assaults. No matter how hard he worked it seemed the Shaman Society was always a step ahead of him (blast you Lanny Tranixbane!), but all that just changed! What better way to defeat a foe's magical resistance than to increase your physical damage instead! In the years to follow Littlernemce was trained in the art of deception, evasion, melee capabilities and assasination until he reached his 60th circle of training and exceeded into masterhood. Nemce, the greatest magician of an era, had summoned a living being into existence to fight for him and be his dagger in the night.

Littlernemce Pokinyurhiney was let loose on the world to skirt from alley to alley, assassinating the unjust enemies of The Guard and to wreak a bloody havoc on the bottom dwellers of Norrath, unseen and invisible save for the small tinkling of a gold anklet with the words engraved "Mangler."

iruinedyourday
12-05-2014, 05:38 AM
My shaman is a vampire slayer

Portasaurus
12-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Huzzah Littlernemce!

That story paired well with my morning coffee

captnamazing
12-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Huzzah Littlernemce!

That story paired will with my morning coffee

Hahah! :) A pleasure to read

Swish
12-05-2014, 12:44 PM
LIGHTNING BOLT!

LIGHTNING BOLT!

LIGHTNING BOLT!

lol lol :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Nuktari
12-05-2014, 01:06 PM
mee da Nuuk'Nuk.

pert-tyme wurkinz at duh MeetSpen johb.

GweenGoser iz da guud bozzmon.

Likey smush dwagunz an gerds wit da brudders n sizterz frum uva muthav n mizterz!

Grizzled
12-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Mox,Mox, Mox, twister, Lotus, FIREBALL. My bad wrong game.

DarkwingDuck
12-05-2014, 01:17 PM
That
LIGHTNING BOLT, LIGHTNING BOLT, LIGHTNING BOLT,
IS realllllly embarrassing .
Like actually.

Swish
12-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Anyone seen Juntsie lately? P99's #1 troll lawyer.

Brut
12-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Bazu is the hero Norrath needs/wants/gets. Also provides pie for halfling bretheren. Sworn to keep the pie source secret.

Portasaurus
12-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Anyone seen Juntsie lately? P99's #1 troll lawyer.

WHERE IS JUNTSIE????

Juntsie levels are at near-record lows!!!

The people demand Juntsie!

Juntsie
12-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Juntsie's Grobb wife obtain declaratory judgment wit injunction relief barring Juntsie from leaving Grobb, so he can't bash now, or anytime in foreseeable future. Stupid spousal relations. Sometimes sneak onto forum to see happenings.

Recently, it sad dat so many cry over pixels and various other tings, but no see merits in basic social interaction in virtual forum. Pixels get really boring. Especially after tons of years and when acquisition require looking at blank empty pixel wall for hour on end. Amounts of hilarity and fun that can be had wit non-human-prime-material interactions far exceed pixels.

Juntsie advise all to beta-test moar, and not be raid litigious with neighbors.

LOVE JUNTSIE.

polishanarchy
12-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Kumadar's bio is actually excerpted from one of those little stories in the Kunark guidebook, which I still have. It isn't exactly literature, but man I loved these things when I was 8.

"Hail there, boatman," the Halfling said. "Where, along this canal, may a wanderer, such as myself, find a peaceful night's rest?"

The Iksar pushed his pole so that his flatbottom ferry would nestle closer to the small, pale customer. His reptilian eyes warily studied the little creature. After a beat, he replied, "No man such as you can rest peacefully within these walls, traveler."

The Halfling put his hand on his sword hilt and tried to stand taller. "Can you take me to an inn or not?"

"That, I can do," the boatman said with a sneer, "as long as you make no conditions on your safety..."

The bio being - "I will help you if I can, but I can make no conditions on your safety..."

Not strictly RP, but I try to live up to it.

Kekephee
12-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Juntsie's Grobb wife obtain declaratory judgment wit injunction relief barring Juntsie from leaving Grobb, so he can't bash now, or anytime in foreseeable future. Stupid spousal relations. Sometimes sneak onto forum to see happenings.

Recently, it sad dat so many cry over pixels and various other tings, but no see merits in basic social interaction in virtual forum. Pixels get really boring. Especially after tons of years and when acquisition require looking at blank empty pixel wall for hour on end. Amounts of hilarity and fun that can be had wit non-human-prime-material interactions far exceed pixels.

Juntsie advise all to beta-test moar, and not be raid litigious with neighbors.

LOVE JUNTSIE.

bible fucking truth, all of it