PDA

View Full Version : Spells: shock of lightning

pgerman
12-05-2014, 02:11 AM
shock of lightning getting resisted fully after patch

pgerman
04-23-2015, 06:13 AM
shock of lightning still getting resisted on the regular , everyone knows this is wrong, figure i would bump this once every few months

Luniz
04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
can u provide some sample size proof?

it's been working for me

Colgate
04-23-2015, 03:17 PM
can u provide some sample size proof?

it's been working for me

pgerman
04-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Known issue for a long time, thanks for the bumps. Keeping it personal , I like that.

Colgate
04-23-2015, 05:29 PM
nothing personal about it, i tested it on beta previously and it was landing a ton

should it have been landing more? perhaps

it certainly waan't getting resisted "on the regular" when i did 50 casts at 151 MR

post some actual numbers instead of this vague shit wih no substance

pgerman
04-23-2015, 05:39 PM
its suppose to have a 2 % chance of getting resisted @ 255 mr bro, thanks for your valuable input tho

Just go ask old man nirgon, your too young to know the truth

Colgate
04-24-2015, 12:05 AM
i'm not saying that shock of lightning should get resisted much ever; i agree with you there

calm your assburgers and actually test this, compile the evidence, and post it here, because what you claim isn't consistent with what i've tested

pgerman
04-24-2015, 12:52 AM
Getting resisted at all at 150 mr is completely wrong. Your tests back up my claim. Which is fine.

There is no point to split hairs here. Or put another 3 hours of research into it. lol

Smedy
04-24-2015, 08:03 AM
colgay on the hard offensive here, feelers must have been hurt

Daldaen
04-24-2015, 08:44 AM
its suppose to have a 2 % chance of getting resisted @ 255 mr bro, thanks for your valuable input tho

Just go ask old man nirgon, your too young to know the truth
These are awful specific numbers with nothing to back them up.

Luniz
04-24-2015, 09:36 AM
agree w daldaen

my anecdotal contribution to SoL resists after the latest patch are that it lands 80 or 90%

it does get resists, dont know any of the mr#'s on opponents im casting it on

(sub level 60)

Nirgon
04-24-2015, 12:39 PM
lol like I'd help you with anything

start digging for prof

Wrench
04-24-2015, 01:49 PM
lol like I'd help you with anything

start digging for prof

care more about the box or grudges? srs question

pgerman
04-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Grudges obviously, guy plays a wizard on the box and supposedly played a wizard for 9 years on rallos zek.

Somehow tho..... Shock of lightning the most important wizard spell evades his pitch perfect memory.

Almost had respect for this guy until he started trading pills for pixels and making shit up about classic everquest to suit his own guild.

Grimjaw
04-24-2015, 02:35 PM
http://prexus.yuku.com/reply/364343/The-Secrets-of-Old-Prexus-Revelations-and-Confessions#reply-364343
Melee was not allowed in the wizard BotB because the necro who won his BotB was equipped with a mithril quill from ToV, tons of tankish gear, and various HP/AC items. He pretty much destroyed everyone. There was minimal spell casting just pure assbeat. The quill was 19/20 with haste. So they decided that wizards would be spells only, I suppose it was meant to make it more entertaining. It was...until everyone figured out that shock of lightning was a lvl 12 spell with a knockback that was nigh unresistable.

http://prexus.yuku.com/reply/364344/The-Secrets-of-Old-Prexus-Revelations-and-Confessions#reply-364344
ah i remember the quill!
i think it made it more interesting with the shock of lighting. it did little to no damage but it was a stun that actually landed.
OH i remember why i was in melee range now, there was another low resist stun spell that was pbAOE. i ran up to cast it to you and my melee went off.
you were the first one that lasted long enough to make me use the second stun.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130906&viewfull=1#post130906
I tried the Tears aspect of PvP but it fails more than it succeeds. You HAVE to have them rooted (or have to be fighting an ignant sucka who chooses not to run after the first wave hits them).

You have to be willing to sacrifice the 5.0 secs casting time to try it.

And probably the worst aspect of Tears is that is checks MR, and as I said before, MR is pretty much everyone's priority on a PvP server. On the carebear servers it may be different.

I've had Tears of Druzzil work, yes, but of the number of times I've tried, versus teh number of succesful hits (meaning it did more than one wave of damage) it just didnt pay off.

Besides that, I can't think of a spell I'd like to replace in my lineup for it. Shock of Lightning MAYBE, but then I lose that interrupter for Gate etc.

I dunno, like I said I've seen Tears of Druzzil work, but for those that PvP on a daily basis, it just doesn't fit in. Maybe this is becuz a lot of my PvP is done solo, and require myself to be self sufficient, but thats just my opinion.

But, what doesn't work for me, may work for others. <shrugs> I steer clear of the whole Tears deal tho except for some smaller XP groups and the like.

Ace
Tallon Zek

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130910&viewfull=1#post130910
finally a thread that really talks PvP... few things... shock of lightning doesnt always interrupt... but it is unresistable... so dont rely on it... i like hit SoL as they cast, click my staff to get gems up asap and throw and draught on... they are just starting to cast another spell just then. its good stuff... another thing i like to do especially for group mates in pvp is right click the hell out of my flux staff... not that im trying to spam them... but it outlines them for friendlies... also it reduces resists... IF u can land it... better for draughts. thats my 2 cents... thanks acilltatem. i might finally beat totmacher now!

http://thefuzzsz.tripod.com/pklife.htm
the little gnome wizard, caught me underneith the tree city in faydark, and it took him 3 nukes to kill me. I had tried to outrun him, but he had jboots, I did not. Being the good sport he is, he challenged me to a duel afterwards, and I accepted. It was probably the closest fight I've ever been in. His magic resistance was well over 100, he was a very well funded individual, and I know it was all from pking. The first thing I cast was enthrall, and it stuck, luckily. Tishan and Strip enchantment were next. It did take his Shielding buff off, but it also took mez off, and because of this, he was able to get off a shock of lightning, interrupting my next spell. I think he got me 4 times before I could mez him again. It took about 1 1/2 bars of life, more than i had done to him. I blinded him once, and only once, the level 24 (can't remember name)damage spell was all i had, compared to his almost 300 damage spell. But i nuked him anyway. He had his spells hotkeyed, and nailed me with this spell. It hurt bad, taking me down to about 1 1/2 bars of life left. I mezzed him again, and loaded up color flux, my level 4 shift spell, seeing that it was faster than the level 20 shift. After I hit him with my nuke again, he attempted his big shot 1 more time, he got fluxed and i casted my nuke, this would have killed him, but he broke stun and shock of lightning'd me, interrupting my cast, then sent the finishing touch. I lost again.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Goog gog Grimjaw ur a hero

Luniz
04-26-2015, 03:42 PM
grimjaw is just posting the same information thats been rehashed 100 times, has nothing to do with OP's claims

Syft-X
05-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Anyone who pvp'd on a caster in classic is well that there were 4 spells that were nigh unresistable(Landed like a lifetap) and were used heavily in pvp.

Wizard- Shock of Lightning

Mage- Shock of Blades

Enchanter- Chaotic Feedback

Necromancer- Poison Bolt

Until planes of power these spells were used to jam other player's casts with their knockback effect and landed regardless of the targets MR or Poison(in the case of Poison Bolt). This shouldnt need to be debated or require testing as it was common knowledge on classic and wasn't changed until Planes of Power.

They shouldn't even be resisted 10% of the time, seeing a resist on these spells was like seeing a unicorn or Sasquatch in the wild. If you saw it once you most likely never saw it again.

Nirgon
05-04-2015, 02:32 PM
The deal is, pals, spells like lightning shock (39) were pretty damn easy to resist at even say 80-90 thresh hold... mostly really low partials and sometimes fully resisted.

Shock of lightning only had to land AT ALL to give the push back. So yes, landing the push back was very easy. Having 160+ MR and claiming it landed every time is very unlikely but I don't have prof because I didn't have tranix crown/rile/underfoot during this era or even jac rings. I was LUCKY to have a pair of platinum diamond rings and an SMR.

Claiming that shock of lightning was unresistable is ridiculous though. Aside from bards I don't know anyone who had over 200 magic resist during Kunark/early Velious and by that time we were all 60 and channeling was strong enough that shock of lightning got channeled through almost every single time if not every time.

I'm just not spending hours of my time digging through the hells of old EQ boards to support something that is already known, especially for someone that I know hates me. If you feel so strongly about it? Research it yourself, I'm not doing it for you.

Completely unrelated, him being mad does make me happy.

Colgate
05-04-2015, 02:35 PM
furor and brusco's boastful bellow fell into that category as well

wouldn't expect a PvP novice like syft to know that, though

Syft-X
05-04-2015, 02:56 PM
furor and brusco's boastful bellow fell into that category as well

wouldn't expect a PvP novice like syft to know that, though

No they didn't busco's was resistible by high mr targets as was furor, although it landed better than other cleric nukes it was not unresistable like the pure intelligence based casters low lvl interrupts.

None of this is a secret and was known by every pvper who actually pvp'd during classic, it was like water being wet or sand being dry.

Nirgon
05-04-2015, 02:58 PM
You keep saying these low level spells were unresistable but when I leveled my wizard in east commons on rallod zek the mobs would resist them sometimes

Syft-X
05-04-2015, 03:09 PM
You keep saying these low level spells were unresistable but when I leveled my wizard in east commons on rallod zek the mobs would resist them sometimes

Yes mobs would, players however did not, Verant had intended these spells to be used to add a dynamic to pvp based around timing spells.

Just like the 66% dmg reduction many spells act differently in regards to mobs then they do players and this was not a mistake.

This is all very common knowledge for that era, and debating it is pretty absurd.

Luniz
05-05-2015, 10:18 AM
I hate the anecdotes from classic (especially Rallos) because a) we were 14ish, b) it was 15 years ago, c) an item loot server meaning players did play head2toe costco resist gear

So, when someone from rallos classic says "xx landed 100% of the time"

If it was true the targets were prob 70ish mr versus reds 120 average which is a difference.

And I doubt people were pvping as 50v50s or even 60svs60 for very long if at all Which is a difference.

Syft-X
05-05-2015, 11:27 AM
I hate the anecdotes from classic (especially Rallos) because a) we were 14ish, b) it was 15 years ago, c) an item loot server meaning players did play head2toe costco resist gear

So, when someone from rallos classic says "xx landed 100% of the time"

If it was true the targets were prob 70ish mr versus reds 120 average which is a difference.

And I doubt people were pvping as 50v50s or even 60svs60 for very long if at all Which is a difference.

Sorry bud but Shock of lightning landed 100% of the time in luclin era vs players that had gear your guild would fap over. Never saw Kirban resist a single shock of lightning and his gear was like a luclin magelo wish-list.

Anyone who says different didn't pvp in classic era

Syft-X
05-08-2015, 07:27 PM
http://prexus.yuku.com/reply/364343/The-Secrets-of-Old-Prexus-Revelations-and-Confessions#reply-364343

http://prexus.yuku.com/reply/364344/The-Secrets-of-Old-Prexus-Revelations-and-Confessions#reply-364344

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130906&viewfull=1#post130906

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-Wanna-PvP-Read-and-Learn&p=130910&viewfull=1#post130910

Here's direct links given by Grimjaw of a ton of players on classic all stating they use Shock of Lightning as unresistible interrupt in Classic.

In a game that predates goggle that is about as close as you are ever gonna get to proof.

Now if people here are saying the direct opposite of players on live! Then you need to prove it! And show some evidence of someone resisting a shock of lightning pre-luclin era.

SamwiseRed
05-08-2015, 07:35 PM
we have the classic spell data for shock of lighting i imagine. cant they just look there? doubt it was unresistable but who knows. people werent geared the way they are here in classic.

Syft-X
05-08-2015, 08:03 PM
we have the classic spell data for shock of lighting i imagine. cant they just look there? doubt it was unresistable but who knows. people werent geared the way they are here in classic.

No they have the pve listing for shock of lightning not the pvp listing for the spell. PVE it was resisted by mobs just like any normal spell. PvP it was an unresistable knock-back used to interrupt.

You suppousingly played Sullon Zek right? Well Kirban never resisted a single shock of lightning, you gonna tell me his gear wasn't leagues better than anybodies here?

SamwiseRed
05-08-2015, 09:31 PM
kirban was a hacking fa__ot and i didnt play a wizard. so ya im gonna say it wasnt UNresistable. way more people are better geared here than live, that is just a fact. logically, i dont see why the original devs would have made that spell unresistable and not the other shock spells with a knockback.

i read some of the shit you linked. one was a post about a new player getting pked. ofc it landed, he probably had zero mr.

SamwiseRed
05-08-2015, 09:41 PM
ps, i just read the rest of those links. i wouldn't consider ANY of it proof, more like a bunch of newbs talking out their ass.

rgostic
05-08-2015, 11:12 PM
it was like water being wet or sand being dry.

The sedimentologist in me is struggling not to tear that statement to shreds.

Syft-X
05-09-2015, 10:23 PM
kirban was a hacking fa__ot and i didnt play a wizard. so ya im gonna say it wasnt UNresistable. way more people are better geared here than live, that is just a fact. logically, i dont see why the original devs would have made that spell unresistable and not the other shock spells with a knockback.

i read some of the shit you linked. one was a post about a new player getting pked. ofc it landed, he probably had zero mr.

Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, and Poison Bolt all landed like a lure with high resist mod on them. They were specifically made this way to add the dynamic of timing nukes in pvp, could they be resisted Yes in the same sense a lifetap could which I saw once in my entire time on live. None of these spells did much dmg they were solely used as an interrupt so skill based pvp wasn't reduced to spamming the same nuke.

No one would have ever used these spells in pvp if there were even a 30% chance to be resisted as they would have led to a death vs lifeburn/manaburn there would have been no such thing as interrupting spells in Luclin everyone would have ranged every cast. Without these spells every caster could only have been killed via Rapture landing or melee stun as no one could have interrupted a gate but melee's or enchanters.

Everyone in Ruin/Vindictive had 150-200+ MR and yet I fought Kronar, Kriban, Catylenne, Jacylenne, Cattibrie, Macken daily using P.Bolt on my necro to interrupt, shock of blades on my friends mage, and shock of lightning on my wizard daily.

Sorry but they had Vex thal/Ntov gear nobody in Kunark could compare to Vex thal geared toons and suggesting such is ridiculous.

If all the Wizards here are stating that Shock of Lighting was never seen to be resisted from classic then it's UP TO YOU TO PROVE IT! Not us! Show some screenshots of people pre POP resisting SOL in pvp. Something I saw maybe once on live classic era.

Kringe, Lime, Murda, Barcode and everyone else I've spoken to from Live agree on this.

Syft-X
05-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Shock of Lighting I know for a fact remained to be set to this near unresistible level until planes of power where it was replaced by Lure of Thunder(Which had the funny graphic of making the target look as if they were drowning like splurt or shaman epic) that had the same knockback effect.

Shock of Lightning was not removed in POP but it no longer landed in pvp even against low MR(100ish) targets after POP. I do not know if Shock of Blades, Poison Bolt or Chaotic Feedback were also changed in POP.

Colgate
05-09-2015, 11:11 PM
thank you for your 15 year old anecdote on pvp in the luclin and beyond eras

Syft-X
05-10-2015, 12:20 AM
thank you for your 15 year old anecdote on pvp in the luclin and beyond eras

Thanks for your remarks about an era you never played and have zero knowledge of pls show proof that shock of lightning was resisted in pvp...

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=cwall

You never played classic Everquest and shouldn't even be commenting on these bug reports

Colgate
05-10-2015, 01:03 AM
my favorite part was when you described their armor from vex thal

man luclin was a great expansion

Syft-X
05-10-2015, 01:14 AM
my favorite part was when you described their armor from vex thal

man luclin was a great expansion

On Sullon yea...But since you wanna play kids games on bug reports since trolling is all you are really good for when it comes to classic talk

Perhaps you can tell me what guild pre Kunark had the most lvl 50's on Rallos Zek?

Since you claim you played Rallos so much in classic.

Colgate
05-10-2015, 01:26 AM
never claimed i played on rallos zek

Syft-X
05-10-2015, 01:37 AM
never claimed i played on rallos zek

Smart move not committing to any server especially when you never played Classic.

But pretty stupid trying to accuse someone else of not playing classic when they did, and you didn't

SamwiseRed
05-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, and Poison Bolt all landed like a lure with high resist mod on them. They were specifically made this way to add the dynamic of timing nukes in pvp

got prof? I don't remember devs EVER mentioning this. Also if all your experience comes from SZ then that is pretty much Luclin + and noone gives a shit. It makes no sense why they would choose only those 2 low level spells to be flagged unresistable. In REAL classic, people had NOWHERE near the amount of resist gear the average joe has now. I ran around with 50-60 mr and was constantly hit by most things even blind after malo'd. You give far too much credit to what people were wearing in classic or you are just making shit up.

I'll be watching this thread hoping that actual proof is posted rather than some 11 year old forum posts from 2003. One trend that goes for all spells in classic is that they are easier to land on mobs than players. Explain to me this reverse thinking process they used for these 2 specific spells?

Syft-X
05-10-2015, 10:56 AM
got prof? I don't remember devs EVER mentioning this. Also if all your experience comes from SZ then that is pretty much Luclin + and noone gives a shit. It makes no sense why they would choose only those 2 low level spells to be flagged unresistable. In REAL classic, people had NOWHERE near the amount of resist gear the average joe has now. I ran around with 50-60 mr and was constantly hit by most things even blind after malo'd. You give far too much credit to what people were wearing in classic or you are just making shit up.

I'll be watching this thread hoping that actual proof is posted rather than some 11 year old forum posts from 2003. One trend that goes for all spells in classic is that they are easier to land on mobs than players. Explain to me this reverse thinking process they used for these 2 specific spells?

So no one resisted Sol during Classic, Kunark, Velious...you say it's because they didn't have good enough gear during those era's.

So I say they didn't resist SOL during Luclin either when their gear vastly exceeded Classic, Kunark, Velious era. And insanely surpassed peoples gear here

And you say Luclin era didn't count cuz it wasn't classic...

Lawyerquesting at it's finest!

Got proof of Dev's mentioning Crimson pots to break root? Got proof of Dev's mentioning spacebar makes you jump? Or that dwarfs barrel roll when they jump? Nah because everybody knew about this stuff, HTF you played live and never knew about interrupts is beyond me because every pvper of any skill knew this stuff.

I'll be watching this thread for you to post proof of people resisting SOL in PVP during this era, we shouldn't have to prove to bad pvper's what every good pvper knew.

Colgate
05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
So no one resisted Sol during Classic, Kunark, Velious...you say it's because they didn't have good enough gear during those era's.

So I say they didn't resist SOL during Luclin either when their gear vastly exceeded Classic, Kunark, Velious era. And insanely surpassed peoples gear here

And you say Luclin era didn't count cuz it wasn't classic...

Lawyerquesting at it's finest!

Got proof of Dev's mentioning Crimson pots to break root? Got proof of Dev's mentioning spacebar makes you jump? Or that dwarfs barrel roll when they jump? Nah because everybody knew about this stuff, HTF you played live and never knew about interrupts is beyond me because every pvper of any skill knew this stuff.

I'll be watching this thread for you to post proof of people resisting SOL in PVP during this era, we shouldn't have to prove to bad pvper's what every good pvper knew.

?

Syft-X
05-10-2015, 11:41 AM
?

Why are you on here? you didn't play classic you cant confirm or deny any classic mechanics because you weren't there, No DEv should take anything you say here serious as your argument for everything is...it's classic when you never played classic.

SamwiseRed
05-10-2015, 01:58 PM
crimson pots break root now? sweet, thanks for the tip.

also you keep talking classic this and classic that yet you reference shit that was in Luclin and beyond.

naw its an MR nuke with an added compenent. if anything it would be easier to resist than other things. buff this spell then you need to buff them all (cleric and chanter nukes, ect.) for someone who took advantage of the broken blind resists a while back, I find it VERY hard to believe you are trying to make classic and fair changes. Sounds more like you are trying to manipulates devs to buff the classes you play.

Colgate
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM
guy who thinks crimson potions break root trying to educate us on PvP mechanics

smh

FaithlessKR
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
planes of power where it was replaced by Lure of Thunder(Which had the funny graphic of making the target look as if they were drowning like splurt or shaman epic) that had the same knockback effect.

Lure of Thunder had no knockback effect, at least get your facts right if trying to bring stuff up.

It had a 0.1 second stun effect on it that would instantly interrupt spells rather than relying on pushback interrupt.

Clark
05-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Grudges obviously, guy plays a wizard on the box and supposedly played a wizard for 9 years on rallos zek.

Somehow tho..... Shock of lightning the most important wizard spell evades his pitch perfect memory.

Almost had respect for this guy until he started trading pills for pixels and making shit up about classic everquest to suit his own guild.

Top 5 nomination for post of the year.

Ragnaros
05-11-2015, 07:29 AM
People arguing against Shock of Lightning landing should immediately just stop..do you retards not remember the wizard botb on live?

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Nirgon was a high level wizard during Kunark/Velious on Rallos Zek. He was MIM for a bit I think in Kunark but then went POF/PB for the end of Kunark/Velious.

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=Nirgon

Nirgon was in MIM, third string bluebie guild. Of course he doesn't know how shock of lightning worked as MIM was a bluebie dkp raiding guild not a pvp guild. Was probably less than 50 people on the server he could actually attack without getting guild removed. They were so blue they had an online KOS list of people that pvp'd on the server and their crimes (pvping).

Embarrassing that he is masquerading as some sort of classic RZ pvp expert yet was in a guild that did none of it.

Confirmed Nirgon never pvp'd in classic, unlike myself who casted shock of lightning daily and never saw it resisted once.

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 09:06 AM
I was in The Peacebreakers/Peace of Formosa for most of my time

until the GMs came down on Rebirth

THEN I joined MiM

I was also in Darkenbane with Kerrygetz (pvped Karanas with him), Ever, Graraige etc then joined Kringe's guild The Nephilim

You didn't have 200 MR in Kunark, you have no idea if it was unresistable during that era at that resist range

Voltaic was garbo until manaburn, no clue who BK was

Lure based shock is never going in here, enjoy

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 09:22 AM
I was in The Peacebreakers/Peace of Formosa for most of my time

until the GMs came down on Rebirth

THEN I joined MiM

I was also in Darkenbane with Kerrygetz (pvped Karanas with him), Ever, Graraige etc then joined Kringe's guild The Nephilim

You didn't have 200 MR in Kunark, you have no idea if it was unresistable during that era at that resist range

Voltaic was garbo until manaburn, no clue who BK was

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=Nirgon

You weren't in Darkenbane you lying clown, you just named dropped Darkenbane because they were the most famous pk's of that era...A wizard in Darkenbane that didn't know about SOL we would have booted you for sucking.

But the biggest problem about lying about being in Darkenbane...Is I actually was in Darkenbane!

LOL you name dropped Grayrage in Kerrygetz era lol Grayrage wasn't the leader of Darkenbane then clown and if you were Darkenbane I'm sure you can tell us all who the leader of Darkenbane was back then....I'll wait.

LOL Name drops Voltiac acting like he was in DB hue hue hue

It was never resisted until POP clown keep trying to lie and say it was about gear

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 10:08 AM
doesn't show my pal in it either

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=Numlar

prob cuz we were anon and not showing guild tag

What u know bout campin them South Karana treants? :)

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 10:20 AM
doesn't show my pal in it either

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=Numlar

prob cuz we were anon and not showing guild tag

What u know bout campin them South Karana treants? :)

WTF was the Leader of Darkenbane stop BSing Nirgon time to man up and prove something you say with more than just hot air

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Here's me raiding vox classic (top middle of screen)

Nirgon Streetbum yall

http://www.tesuji.org/~jonlin/images/EQ000039.jpg

Daldaen
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Just look at that UI.

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 11:18 AM
and that pked Froglok Bonecaster robe I has (some Insanity's Edge guy dropped it)

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 11:25 AM
I was also in Darkenbane

Darkenbane was a very small guild back then every invite was approved by leader everyone met the leader...

So who was the Leader of Darkenbane then?

Why can't you ever answer a direct question Nirgon you make all these claims and can never back them up.

Here's me raiding vox classic (top middle of screen)

Nirgon Streetbum yall

http://www.tesuji.org/~jonlin/images/EQ000039.jpg

Yep there you are raiding on a red server, who was the leader of Darkenbane Nirgon stop ducking the question. What you can't goggle find it fast enough?

Colgate
05-11-2015, 11:50 AM
lol'ing at syft getting mad @ nirgon for namedropping when syft does that in every other post

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 11:54 AM
lol'ing at syft getting mad @ nirgon for namedropping when syft does that in every other post

Fail Spin attempt...

Just asking him to prove his claim if he was Darkenbane pre-Kunark he would know who led the guild back then, everyone else who was DB does.

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 12:44 PM
you didn't play classic

Yep there you are raiding on a red server

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 01:28 PM
I believe you raided dragons all day on a classic pvp server and maybe group killed a handful of people you ran across who happened to be alone...just like you do here.

I also know you have no clue about classic pvp, and never were in Darkenbane.

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Here's me pvping with Darkenbane as a member

http://www.project1999.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5558&stc=1&d=1412877684

Lol dumb ass

Melch was a real good pal

lol and wtf is this? http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=816730&postcount=253

"I tool around on BK / Runya these days?" This another one of your freakin' personalities or somethin? ASK YOUR BOY DAWG.

/SHADES.

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Here's me pvping with Darkenbane as a member

http://www.project1999.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5558&stc=1&d=1412877684

Lol dumb ass

Melch was a real good pal

lol and wtf is this? http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=816730&postcount=253

"I tool around on BK / Runya these days?" This another one of your freakin' personalities or somethin? ASK YOUR BOY DAWG.

/SHADES.

and maybe group killed a handful of people you ran across who happened to be alone...just like you do here.

If you were you would know who Darkenbane's leader was pre-Grayrage?

I myself grouped with tons of non Darkenbane back in the day, grouping with someone doesn't mean you were in the guild.

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Rykker (apparently) has access to your characters and can vouch for me

who knows maybe that's another one of your alternate personalities

Buzz off dummy

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Rykker (apparently) has access to your characters and can vouch for me

who knows maybe that's another one of your alternate personalities

Buzz off dummy

Rykker wont vouch for you being in Darkenbane because you were never in Darkenbane, every Darkenbane wizard knew SOL was 100% dependable knockback only a blue fuck who raided Dragons all day wouldn't know that.

You said you were Darkenbane when Kerrygetz was DB so who was the leader?

You don't have enough adderall for all of us to get wacked out enough to fall for your desperate attempts to sidestep the issue.

Ragnaros
05-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Rallos Zek was a blue server with raid rotations.

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Rallos Zek was a blue server with raid rotations.

item loot...LOL

Where do you see Raid Rotation?

Ragnaros
05-11-2015, 03:37 PM
AD, MiM, and Wudan all were anti PK and were on rotated raid schedules
there was no high end mass pvp

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 03:51 PM
There was high end raid PvP in Velious

SamwiseRed
05-11-2015, 04:14 PM
rz was pretty blue compared to sz.

sz was more zergy though.

red99 is a combination of the two. zergy and blue but still best server we got atm.

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 05:15 PM
rz was pretty blue compared to sz.

sz was more zergy though.

red99 is a combination of the two. zergy and blue but still best server we got atm.

Only if you wanted to raid, great thing about Rallos was you didn't have to, you could get rich from killing players and pretty much buy everything you needed.

SamwiseRed
05-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Only if you wanted to raid, great thing about Rallos was you didn't have to, you could get rich from killing players and pretty much buy everything you needed.

cant argue with you there.

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 05:58 PM
I think everyone who actually pvp'd on Classic agree's that Shock of Lightning, Shock of Blades, Poison Bolt and Chaotic Feedback was never seen to be resisted.

So it should be set the same way here, if we set it to be resisted here that's a custom change that wasn't classic and it impacts PvP by dumbing down the skill of casters to spamming the same spells. Instead of actually paying attention to what the other person is casting and timing interrupts with damage.

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 06:09 PM
no one had 180+ resist like we do outside of raids, you're really stupid

Syft-X
05-11-2015, 06:56 PM
no one had 180+ resist like we do outside of raids, you're really stupid

Does it matter?

They set the spells resist lvls beyond what anyone had at the time because they didn't want the spells resisted, that's classic.

Changing them to be resistible simply because people have more gear now is an unclassic change to pvp mechanics.

Grimjaw
05-11-2015, 07:31 PM
maybe on rallos where you're afraid to equip your BD jewerly so you wore some no drop thurgadin gear instead. On Tallon we were rocking the 180s

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Talkin early Velious/late Kunark not late Velious

Syft-X
05-12-2015, 12:04 AM
maybe on rallos where you're afraid to equip your BD jewerly so you wore some no drop thurgadin gear instead. On Tallon we were rocking the 180s

LOL I know enchanters who had over 180 I rocked SOL's thru

http://extreme-vidz.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/cover/All%20Damn%20Day%20-%20Official%20Teaser.mp4_snapshot_00.57_[2013.06.28_12.05.03].jpg

Talkin early Velious/late Kunark not late Velious

Kunark Release April 24, 2000
Velious Release December 5, 2000

So after 3+ years of Kunark HERE you want them to set the coding to Velious release lvls on LIVE!. I don't know about you but I play here for the Classic "Feel" of PvP and it would feel a lot less classic for everyone to suddenly resist spells they never would have on live. Especially spells no one EVER saw a resist on in pvp.

pgerman
05-12-2015, 01:50 AM
SoL should not be resisted up to 255 MR anyone who ever played everquest knows this

There was a low % chance to resist these type spells, like 1-2% or even lower. Lifetaps, necro dots. SoL .
No one ever knew the exact % of that tho during live.

Current status of red99 is completely wrong, and Nirgon trying to cock block the change based on spite is pretty fun to watch.

Nirgon

lol..........so stupid

Nirgon
05-12-2015, 08:25 AM
@255? lifetaps, necro dots ok

shock of lightning...

goog thread

Syft-X
05-12-2015, 10:06 AM

shock of lightning...

goog thread

No one here has ever seen a shock of Lightning resisted in classic pvp, I never saw Chaotic feedback, shock of blades or P.bolt as well.

So why do you want it resisted NOW when it never was on live? That's not classic.

And every Wizard from live agree's they never saw one resisted. Except you.

So every other Wizard on the server is wrong? And your right?

When most of them are way more well known for pvp'ing then you.

SamwiseRed
05-12-2015, 10:08 AM
No one here has ever seen a shock of Lightning resisted in classic pvp, I never saw Chaotic feedback, shock of blades or P.bolt as well.

So why do you want it resisted NOW when it never was on live? That's not classic.

how do you remember so much. i can barely remember my characters name and you guys are recalling some pretty insignificant shit. dayum you guys needed a hobby.

Syft-X
05-12-2015, 10:24 AM
how do you remember so much. i can barely remember my characters name and you guys are recalling some pretty insignificant shit. dayum you guys needed a hobby.

Interrupts were the center stone of caster pvp, it's what determined a good wizard from a bad one. Bad wizards spammed lure, good wizards timed lure with sol's.

Need to stop a heal, SOL, guys gating SOL, not easy to forget the spell you used more than any other in pvp.

pgerman
05-12-2015, 12:19 PM

shock of lightning...

goog thread

I don't get whats so confusing nirgon?

There were a handful of well known spells that couldnt be resisted (except for the low % chance on full resist , which would happen like one out of 1000 casts on live at 255, even for harmtouch or winged death)

1. Life taps
2. Harmtouch
3. Heat blood line of dots(broken on this server still high level ones still being resisted)
4. Splurt
5. Chaotic feedback
6. Shock of lightning
7. Druid magic dots (stinging swarm line only does not include breath of ro)

This was all common knowledge for anyone that played during the classic or early kunark era.

Not hard to remember.

SamwiseRed
05-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Memory != prof. NEXT

Syft-X
05-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Memory != prof. NEXT

No one is even debating the fact that SOL was ever seen to be resisted, your all debating that it should be resisted NOW!

And changing the way something worked when it didn't work that way in classic is an unclassic change.

Alecta was forced to add a lot of things like water line adhering to LOS off memory because this game is 15 years old existed before Google and Cable modems and not everything can be found to prove how pvp worked on classic.

We didn't debate Water LOS because we all knew it was Classic, this is the same case only people have an "Agenda" for debating a clearly classic mechanics this time. We can find people talking about it, which we have done here but for the some reason you won't accept that in this case.

Raev
05-12-2015, 02:00 PM
I have no idea who is right, but this thread is pretty good entertainment.

Nirgon
05-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Everytime he asks for proof and talks shit he gets his face melted

Colgate
05-12-2015, 02:52 PM
all of this mad because i said this was a shitty way to report a bug

evilkorn
05-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Gonna help my red pals out here. I don't think this was posted but it's time for more proof instead of just forum slapping.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-Shock-of-Lightning-what-level-do-they-start-resisting-it

it wont ever be resisted all the time unless the person has the proper magic resist

I've never had Shock of Lightning fully resisted. Yes you will get partial resists on the damage, but the potential to interrupt still exists.

Maybe I'm just being crazy but I think Shock of Lightning interrupts every time unless you get hit by it as you're just finishing the spell or take a step forward after being hit. I did some tests and found you can pretty much only channel spells if you end up less than 1.5 feet away from where you started casting (it doesn't matter if you ran in a 10-foot circle while casting and end up in the same place you started). SoL on the other hand has a knockback of two feet. In addition to that, I certainly noticed being interrupted in PvP more often than usual with this spell, unless I took a step forward. Explanations, anyone?

This is how it works:

All spells have a small chance to be resisted. That's why you can resist winged death or splurt sometimes in PvP even though those are basically unresistable.

However most of the time, a DD will do small damage against a target with high resists, but it won't be flat out resisted "your target resisted the draught of fire spell!".

This is why SoL is, for its usage, unresistable. Sure against a high MR target, it will do maybe 10 dmg / hit instead of expected 55 or so, but that doesn't matter, since it will still knock back.

I stoped useing it around 50. channeling getting too high and EVERY one has above 100 MR around that time

edit: oh, btw I was fighting a 52+ Wizard yesterday (I was 50) and we were both using SoL to interrupt each other's heavier nukes.. and SoL interrupted our nukes everytime. Great spell, so far in my Zek wizard's career it's perma memmed

/em Puts on Red Hat

Enjoy your bluebie PvP with non classic cast time pumic and golem wands.

Grimjaw
05-12-2015, 03:31 PM
so basically nirgon remembers it differently then every classic discussion on the topic? intradesting.. wonder what else he's been blowing out his ass.

Syft-X
05-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Gonna help my red pals out here. I don't think this was posted but it's time for more proof instead of just forum slapping.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-Shock-of-Lightning-what-level-do-they-start-resisting-it

/em Puts on Red Hat

Enjoy your bluebie PvP with non classic cast time pumic and golem wands.

Great find exactly how I remember the spell...unresistable but yea it partial-ed all the time.

Why anyone would choose to lie about this when all of us remember using this spell daily is beyond me.

Nirgon
05-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Meanwhile these guys had how much magic resist?

You saying I never fully resisted a wildfire or sunstrike? Pfft

You are completely leaving out the part where I mention people's magic resist being extremely high here compared to live

From the same quote

"it wont ever be resisted all the time unless the person has the proper magic resist "

Exactly!

Syft-X
05-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Meanwhile these guys had how much magic resist?

You saying I never fully resisted a wildfire or sunstrike? Pfft

You are completely leaving out the part where I mention people's magic resist being extremely high here compared to live

From the same quote

"it wont ever be resisted all the time unless the person has the proper magic resist "

Exactly!

They were talking in regards to partials, people partialed SOL all the time but they directly state many times..it couldn't be fully resisted. The guy was using the term "Resist" in regards to the spell not doing full dmg as in they "Partially resisted" some of the dmg, unlike other "Unresistable" spells like Lure which always does full dmg.

This is how it works:

All spells have a small chance to be resisted. That's why you can resist winged death or splurt sometimes in PvP even though those are basically unresistable.

However most of the time, a DD will do small damage against a target with high resists, but it won't be flat out resisted "your target resisted the draught of fire spell!".

This is why SoL is, for its usage, unresistable. Sure against a high MR target, it will do maybe 10 dmg / hit instead of expected 55 or so, but that doesn't matter, since it will still knock back.

They covered that part in the tread at no point does anyone say they ever say saw SOL fully resisted once, as a matter of fact they state the direct opposite.

Luniz
05-13-2015, 12:16 AM

shock of lightning still getting resisted on the regular , everyone knows this is wrong, figure i would bump this once every few months

So, back to OP, has any one tested or showed what SoL is doing currently? This weird derail happened with Syft...

SoL works for me.

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 12:58 AM
So, back to OP, has any one tested or showed what SoL is doing currently? This weird derail happened with Syft...

SoL works for me.

Grown ups are talking back to your cage gimp

http://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpHaUPwqzAVaxoI/giphy.gif

Nirgon
05-13-2015, 08:33 AM
http://s30.postimg.org/6yuf5hh8x/tiger_letter.jpg

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 11:24 AM
This is how it works:

This is the issue, this isn't Rants and Flames where you get proven wrong and flame your way out of it, contain your sperging to the appropriate forum.

Nirgon
05-13-2015, 11:40 AM
if you want this and chaotic feedback to never be fully resisted up until 120 MR I'm fine with it

But 150+ range.. naw ain't gettin on board with that

dunno if Haynar around, he's your only hope

Luniz
05-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman View Post

Any one have corroborating proof this is happening? Sol works for me currently

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 12:28 PM
if you want this and chaotic feedback to never be fully resisted up until 120 MR I'm fine with it

But 150+ range.. naw ain't gettin on board with that

dunno if Haynar around, he's your only hope

I don't care about your definitions it should be set to Classic which in unresistable,partials but no full resists.

That's Classic that's how it should be here.

It's not currently set that way here, it gets fully resisted like 40% of the time.

Nirgon
05-13-2015, 12:50 PM
yeah at what magic resist?

Can you do some thorough parses at various resist levels and give some data?

Ain't doing your homework

Luniz
05-13-2015, 12:57 PM
It's not currently set that way here, it gets fully resisted like 40% of the time.

"like 40% of the time" is not helpful nor does it prove that SoL is broken

my personal experience is that SoL lands 100% of the time in the 54 pvp range

Move to resolved

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 02:16 PM
"like 40% of the time" is not helpful nor does it prove that SoL is broken

my personal experience is that SoL lands 100% of the time in the 54 pvp range

Move to resolved

Thank god every DEV and GM knows to immediately ignore Retti and his new "soon to be forum banned" accounts. You really just talking to hear yourself speak buddy, but I'll post proof of Shock of Lightning being resisted.

lol that was retti? im gunna post some of the screenshots i have of him swinging from my nuts every day i logged in when i was on staff trying to buff my tranquil Staff. now hes a forum warrior against me.

Your ass kissing for the 10 seconds you want something and then sperging out the rest of the day antics are well known by the staff

Nirgon
05-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Do some good parsing at various ranges and post logs + summary tldr

Quote block for each parse every 20 MR or so, # resist, # full, # partial

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Do some good parsing at various ranges and post logs + summary tldr

Quote block for each parse every 20 MR or so, # resist, # full, # partial

Nope this isn't your server you are nobody here, I'm nobody here, but atleast I have the actual intentions of trying to make pvp classic and help the staff...not lie to them so my guild can benefit.

A few screenshots of Shock of Lightning being resisted will suffice since it's supposed to partial only never full resist, MR rates dont matter.

billhollins
05-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Nope this isn't your server you are nobody here, I'm nobody here, but atleast I have the actual intentions of trying to make pvp classic and help the staff...not lie to them so my guild can benefit.

A few screenshots of Shock of Lightning being resisted will suffice since it's supposed to partial only never full resist, MR rates dont matter.

U should just go away. So much crazy coming from ur direction, server would really benefit from ur permanent disappearance lol.

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 02:40 PM
U should just go away. So much crazy coming from ur direction, server would really benefit from ur permanent disappearance lol.

I'm sorry you think Haynar is stupid... but he's not.

He's quite the troll and trolling Bug reports to derail it so Empire can benefit is not going to work here.

I also helped Alecta with the classic aspects of the patch when he was coding I was guilded with Alecta for years on Sullon and he knew I was one of the top ranked pvpers on the server and had a huge amount of pvp knowledge from the over 3000+ kills I attained on Sullon.

This is how it works:

This is how Shock of Lightning, Shock of Blades, Poison Bolt and Chaotic Feedback worked on live, this is how they should work here.

Technique
05-13-2015, 03:02 PM
You are completely leaving out the part where I mention people's magic resist being extremely high here compared to liveYet still pushing for emulation of classic resists in an environment of non-classic gear distribution.
so basically nirgon remembers it differently then every classic discussion on the topic? intradesting.. wonder what else he's been blowing out his ass.In the thread prompting the resist changes of the past 6 months (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159728), most of the feedback on how resists worked in EQ Live 2001 was provided by shitters who were LUCKY to have a pair of platinum diamond rings and an SMR and toddlers named after toothpaste.

Nirgon
05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
well they weighed people's attitudes and knowledge

compared it to what they found in the lucy spell data

and picked their winners of who looked like they knew what they were talking about

new system is great, just needs some minor tweaks... glad I could be a big part of it

Luniz
05-13-2015, 03:43 PM
any proof of SoL not working posted yet?

ill check back later

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 04:48 PM
well they weighed people's attitudes and knowledge

compared it to what they found in the lucy spell data

and picked their winners of who looked like they knew what they were talking about

new system is great, just needs some minor tweaks... glad I could be a big part of it

Feel free to post screenshots of someone resisting SOL from classic era then, because I'm sorry but your word vs a TON of people from live all stating on websites the spell is unresistable is much more endorsing then your embarrassing efforts to play petitionquest with code having nothing but bullshit to back it up with

Colgate
05-13-2015, 05:44 PM
if you're trying to get it changed, the burden of proof is on you to provide proof that it was unresistable at a specific MR value, which by your claim is 255

there is a very clear reasonable doubt present of any of those people having anywhere close to 255 MR who claim it's unresistable(one of them even stating that it IS resistable with enough MR)

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 07:50 PM
if you're trying to get it changed, the burden of proof is on you to provide proof that it was unresistable at a specific MR value, which by your claim is 255

there is a very clear reasonable doubt present of any of those people having anywhere close to 255 MR who claim it's unresistable(one of them even stating that it IS resistable with enough MR)

We've posted beyond what any other change made here ever needed to be considered proof.

Just because a guy who never played classic and few of his guildmates are being retards, because they dont want their clerics being jammed in NTOV with interrupts does not mean that proof is "Unacceptable"

At this point Empires presence on this thread and extreme amount of trolling shows they have a agenda and it's not making things classic.

Post 18 times a day post 5 replies for everyone one of mine, I'll report the proof everytime you time to troll it away.

This is how it works:

BOOM here it is again.

As hard is you are willing to fight to make this server a unclassic custom mess for your guild to raid uncontested dragons, I'm gonna fight 20 times harder to keep it classic.

You never played classic Colgate you were 7 years old! now get off bug reports you cant confirm or deny anything from this era.

Colgate
05-13-2015, 08:57 PM
if your strategy to wipe our raids in NToV is contingent upon shock of lightning interrupting our clerics' complete heals, may god have mercy on your retarded soul

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 09:23 PM
if your strategy to wipe our raids in NToV is contingent upon shock of lightning interrupting our clerics' complete heals, may god have mercy on your retarded soul

Ok then why are you fighting so hard to deny a change that IS indeed CLASSIC, is agreed upon by every wizard from Classic that this is the way it worked, has numerous posts from that era talking about it working that way. Everyone from every Guild BUT Empire is for this classic change...pls bro

You a kid you aren't mindfucking anyone here.

Colgate
05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
still waiting on any amount of data to be provided saying that shock of lightning doesn't work

also still waiting on any amount of proof that it was unresistable at 255 MR

a post from 2000 saying "man i can't resist shock of lightning on my level 48 character" doesn't mean it was coded to be unresistable

use your brain please

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 09:51 PM
I've never had Shock of Lightning fully resisted. Yes you will get partial resists on the damage, but the potential to interrupt still exists.

Maybe I'm just being crazy but I think Shock of Lightning interrupts every time unless you get hit by it as you're just finishing the spell or take a step forward after being hit. I did some tests and found you can pretty much only channel spells if you end up less than 1.5 feet away from where you started casting (it doesn't matter if you ran in a 10-foot circle while casting and end up in the same place you started). SoL on the other hand has a knockback of two feet. In addition to that, I certainly noticed being interrupted in PvP more often than usual with this spell, unless I took a step forward. Explanations, anyone?

This is how it works:

Learn to read, stop lawyerdoctoring the code, grow up and Embrace Classic EQ. We said Recruit and contest not act like a pussy and cry to dev's so you could raid dragons uncontested.

Colgate
05-13-2015, 09:53 PM
still no data posted proving that it doesn't work on this server 12 pages later

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 10:00 PM
still no data posted proving that it doesn't work on this server 12 pages later

Why does it matter to you, you couldn't confirm or deny if it is working probably you never played classic.

Nirgon
05-13-2015, 10:13 PM
136 MR

Wed May 13 22:10:10 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:10 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:10:12 2015] Your target resisted the Shock of Lightning spell.
[Wed May 13 22:10:12 2015] You resist the Shock of Lightning spell!
[Wed May 13 22:10:15 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:17 2015] Your target resisted the Shock of Lightning spell.
[Wed May 13 22:10:17 2015] You resist the Shock of Lightning spell!
[Wed May 13 22:10:20 2015] Players on EverQuest:
[Wed May 13 22:10:20 2015] ---------------------------
[Wed May 13 22:10:20 2015] [ANONYMOUS] Merry <Fresh>
[Wed May 13 22:10:20 2015] [ANONYMOUS] Sivyis
[Wed May 13 22:10:20 2015] [ANONYMOUS] Nirgon <Empire>
[Wed May 13 22:10:20 2015] There are 3 players in Upper Guk.
[Wed May 13 22:10:21 2015] Chubs says out of character, 'WTS RBG'
[Wed May 13 22:10:21 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:23 2015] Nirgon was hit by non-melee for 83 points of damage.
[Wed May 13 22:10:23 2015] You convulse as lightning arcs through you.
[Wed May 13 22:10:31 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:10:32 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:10:32 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:32 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:10:34 2015] Nirgon was hit by non-melee for 83 points of damage.
[Wed May 13 22:10:34 2015] You convulse as lightning arcs through you.
[Wed May 13 22:10:37 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:40 2015] Your target resisted the Shock of Lightning spell.
[Wed May 13 22:10:40 2015] You resist the Shock of Lightning spell!
[Wed May 13 22:10:41 2015] You are hungry.
[Wed May 13 22:10:41 2015] You are out of food.
[Wed May 13 22:10:42 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:42 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:10:42 2015] [PvP] Wablatin <Fresh> has been defeated by Bwell <> in Lavastorm Mountains!
[Wed May 13 22:10:43 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:10:44 2015] Nirgon was hit by non-melee for 14 points of damage.
[Wed May 13 22:10:44 2015] You convulse as lightning arcs through you.
[Wed May 13 22:10:49 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:51 2015] Nirgon was hit by non-melee for 26 points of damage.
[Wed May 13 22:10:51 2015] You convulse as lightning arcs through you.
[Wed May 13 22:10:55 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:57 2015] Your target resisted the Shock of Lightning spell.
[Wed May 13 22:10:57 2015] You resist the Shock of Lightning spell!
[Wed May 13 22:11:00 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:11:00 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:11:02 2015] Nirgon was hit by non-melee for 24 points of damage.
[Wed May 13 22:11:02 2015] You convulse as lightning arcs through you.

Hits pretty damn frequently even at this high of a level, I'd imagine about top end self buffed for someone in Kunark for this era

Syft-X
05-13-2015, 10:23 PM
136 MR

Hits pretty damn frequently even at this high of a level, I'd imagine about top end self buffed for someone in Kunark for this era

Wed May 13 22:10:10 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:10 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed May 13 22:10:12 2015] Your target resisted the Shock of Lightning spell.
[Wed May 13 22:10:12 2015] You resist the Shock of Lightning spell!
[Wed May 13 22:10:15 2015] You begin casting Shock of Lightning.
[Wed May 13 22:10:17 2015] Your target resisted the Shock of Lightning spell.
[Wed May 13 22:10:17 2015] You resist the Shock of Lightning spell!

Broken you should see a resist on SoL about as often as you see a resist on lifetap...and you're more likely to find Sasquatch in the wild.

You are seeing resists on 136 hue hue hue, Never saw a resist on targets in Luclin with 200 mr

Colgate
05-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Luclin

SamwiseRed
05-13-2015, 10:51 PM
SoL instantly killed anyone it landed on. It was unresistable.

i guess putting random bs into quotes is prof now.

pgerman
05-14-2015, 01:57 AM
working as intended.............. LOL NIRGON

Yea i don't believe you did shit on rallos zek besides hide beind a zerg like you do here. If you actually pvp'ed there on any regular basis you would have remembered this spell and its value.

Colgate was like 5 years old when this was going down, so he has no context at all.

LOL.....

Colgate
05-14-2015, 02:35 AM
Keeping it personal , I like that.

Syft-X
05-14-2015, 02:53 AM
He's just being honest colgate for someone to have pvp'd back then and say shock of lighting was resistible would have gotten them laughed off the box.

You're arguing against something that was as widely known as spacebar making you jump.

By picking this fight you literally admitted to everyone that you never engaged in pvp on classic, because EVERYONE who did knew this shit.

pgerman
05-14-2015, 03:03 AM
The fact that you physically have no ability to even be aware of the time period in which this game is trying to emulate , it's just a fact.

I know you like me talking to you. When I have time, I will continue our conversations.

Nirgon being full of shit, is more obvious by the day. How anyone takes his advice on anything is beyond me.

I don't expect much from these forums. Another 9 years on this box, and we might have something boys. Good thing we are all working together to make the mechanics of the game actually work properly.

Why don't you focus on monk shit colgate, and let the powers that be know that monk avoidance is way too high on these servers?

Or nirgon why don't you go bump gynos blue ass threads about how more gems should drop in plane of growth based on no evidence again.

Grimjaw
05-14-2015, 03:27 AM
@ nirgons test - pretty sure resists work differently when casting on yourself . thought we already went over that somewhere

Colgate
05-14-2015, 03:48 AM
going on page 14 with zero data posted by OP

what a bug report

Syft-X
05-14-2015, 04:52 AM
going on page 14 with zero data posted by OP

what a bug report

Well if little kids who never played classic would stop trolling it we would have had this resolved already.

And Nirgon just posted two resists from SOL spell still broken not classic.

Nirgon
05-14-2015, 12:58 PM
At 136 (a very high number for a self buffed wizard in Kunark for a classic timeline) it hit most of the time

I'd say that's fine

Try getting a tash on someone wearing a gabstik, rile, underfoot, wurmscale, 2x diamond rings, mask coat etc

I can't think of ONE wizard rocking all this shit on RZ for the Kunark era... the diamond rings and a bonecaster robe sure... but the gabstik on top of the epic etc? Rile? Yeah dunno about that chief. Even still this is landing pretty well against 136... maybe dispel people / get them tashed

Unresistable at 255 is an absolutely insane claim (and look who is making it)

Syft-X
05-14-2015, 03:34 PM
At 136 (a very high number for a self buffed wizard in Kunark for a classic timeline) it hit most of the time

I'd say that's fine

Try getting a tash on someone wearing a gabstik, rile, underfoot, wurmscale, 2x diamond rings, mask coat etc

I can't think of ONE wizard rocking all this shit on RZ for the Kunark era... the diamond rings and a bonecaster robe sure... but the gabstik on top of the epic etc? Rile? Yeah dunno about that chief. Even still this is landing pretty well against 136... maybe dispel people / get them tashed

Unresistable at 255 is an absolutely insane claim (and look who is making it)

Not a claim...that's what your doing, it's a fact

Thru Classic, Kunark, Velious and even Luclin this spell was UNRESISTABLE as Lure or Lifetap until it was changed for pvp in POP expansion.

You claim no one had resists that high back then... Bullshit even people with only 100 MR grouped with enc and bard broke 200 MR with GMR and Songs. Are we supposed to believe no one in Velious, Kunark, Luclin every had a bard and enc in group and benefited from GMR+ Elemental Rythems which would have boosted their MR to 200+

Still never a resist seen

Nirgon
05-14-2015, 03:40 PM
I mean I know you had the only Crown of Rile on RZ in Kunark and can be the only person who knows all this but some of us ya know got prof

Do u?

I even did your homework for you lil boy with a lil sample at 136 MR

It seems very correct to me

Bane is still too hard to resist here btw, but since I know most people have been griefed off their shamans cuz dey bad.. I let it go... so much for selfish interests, right?

Syft-X
05-14-2015, 03:57 PM
I mean I know you had the only Crown of Rile on RZ in Kunark and can be the only person who knows all this but some of us ya know got prof

Do u?

I even did your homework for you lil boy with a lil sample at 136 MR

It seems very correct to me

Bane is still too hard to resist here btw, but since I know most people have been griefed off their shamans cuz dey bad.. I let it go... so much for selfish interests, right?

Your claims are absurd a Bard with GMR and elemental rhythms playing(with only mistmoore drums) would have had a 125 bonus to MR. Even with the worst gear this would have boosted his MR to 200+

Everyone claims the spell was unresistable, because they never saw a resist 136 MR lol everyone had 136 MR in velious. All you needed was a buff with 90ish MR and you broke that, Enchanters easily had 160ish with GMR plus shielding.

You do know GMR and shielding= 70 + MR right, + racial 25 base that's 95 MR butt naked!!

Still never a resist seen. Making a ridiculous claim that no one had that gear when buffs would allow a trash geared person to break 200 is ridiculous.

MEGANS LAW
05-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Do we have any patches for old log files/screenshots that can confirm this or is it all memory?

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Do we have any patches for old log files/screenshots that can confirm this or is it all memory?

Their are no patch notes to confirm or deny a vast majority of issues in PvP. Alecta was forced to code a lot of changes on memory and things found from alternate sites.

For Example:

If you research Shadow Knight Unholy Aura.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=4520

However this is not how it worked in Velious for that we were forced to go to Alternate sites...

http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/ht.asp

We've done the same with Shock of Lighting providing quit a few excerpts from everquest sites stating the spell was indeed unresistable in pvp as every player from every guild besides Empire has also agreed with.

At this point it's quite obvious to everyone here that Empire has an Agenda for not allowing this spell(And the others like it Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, Poison bolt) to function as it did in Classic. And no amount of proof posted seems to suffice.

MEGANS LAW
05-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Their are no patch notes to confirm or deny a vast majority of issues in PvP. Alecta was forced to code a lot of changes on memory and things found from alternate sites.

For Example:

If you research Shadow Knight Unholy Aura.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=4520

However this is not how it worked in Velious for that we were forced to go to Alternate sites...

http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/ht.asp

We've done the same with Shock of Lighting providing quit a few excerpts from everquest sites stating the spell was indeed unresistable in pvp as every player from every guild besides Empire has also agreed with.

At this point it's quite obvious to everyone here that Empire has an Agenda for not allowing this spell(And the others like it Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, Poison bolt) to function as it did in Classic. And no amount of proof posted seems to suffice.

Yes, I'm well aware of the research process and where some of the information is obtained from.

The question is: do you have any websites or just anecdotal evidence for this particular change?

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Yes, I'm well aware of the research process and where some of the information is obtained from.

The question is: do you have any websites or just anecdotal evidence for this particular change?

We've already provided more than was needed for any other change, at this point you sound like someone arguing climate Change after 99% of the worlds scientists provided data and agreed.

We literally have less data to support most of the pvp changes in last patch.

This is how it works:

If a buncha posts like this from that era aren't credible enough proof for you then I don't know what to tell you, Colleges are accepting applicants even now, it's never to late to earn an education.

MEGANS LAW
05-17-2015, 03:54 PM
We've already provided more than was needed for any other change, at this point you sound like someone arguing climate Change after 99% of the worlds scientists provided data and agreed.

We literally have less data to support most of the pvp changes in last patch.

If a buncha posts like this from that era aren't credible enough proof for you then I don't know what to tell you, Colleges are accepting applicants even now, it's never to late to earn an education.

Once again, you link a thread with mid-Velious and beginning Luclin discussing Shock of Lightning with no data from Classic/Kunark and even logs from Red99 or eqlive.

Waiting for more substantial proof.

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Once again, you link a thread with mid-Velious and beginning Luclin discussing Shock of Lightning with no data from Classic/Kunark and even logs from Red99 or eqlive.

Waiting for more substantial proof.

We already did post discussions from Velious/Luclin explaining exactly how the spell worked in pvp. You can choose to not accept everything we post that's your right.

I think however the developers will not be dissuaded by your "Sudden" need for more proof on changes then we have had to provide for every other issue we've made changes for.

Considering the boards have been up for nearly a year

http://www.r99pvp.com/seasonone/showplayer.php?p=Littlegyno

And you;ve done nothing on this server but raid dragons the entire time, I'm sure it's clearly transparent to Developers your goal is to make custom changes to ensure your raids cannot be contested rather than any concern for Classic PvP mechanics, especially when you already know this is how shock of Lightning worked and are lying right now.

I would warn you guys with serious caution not to continue down this route, because this issue can be proven without a doubt, and once it is you will have destroyed all credibility with the Developers in every issue going forward.

MEGANS LAW
05-17-2015, 05:13 PM
We already did post discussions from Velious/Luclin explaining exactly how the spell worked in pvp. You can choose to not accept everything we post that's your right.

I think however the developers will not be dissuaded by your "Sudden" need for more proof on changes then we have had to provide for every other issue we've made changes for.

And you;ve done nothing on this server but raid dragons the entire time, I'm sure it's clearly transparent to Developers your goal is to make custom changes to ensure your raids cannot be contested rather than any concern for Classic PvP mechanics, especially when you already know this is how shock of Lightning worked and are lying right now.

I would warn you guys with serious caution not to continue down this route, because this issue can be proven without a doubt, and once it is you will have destroyed all credibility with the Developers in every issue going forward.

LOL. so pvp on a rogue is relevant to the discussion of a wizard spell?

voted no. no proof, anecdotal evidence, OP is biased for certain changes that he wants. case closed.

MEGANS LAW
05-17-2015, 05:16 PM

waiting for supposed proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

vote no.

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 06:23 PM
[/U][/I][/B]

vote no.

Damn for a guild that claims to be untouchable you guys are sure scared to death of your clerics getting interrupted in ntov.

Enough proof really has already been posted, and no matter what we post you'll refute it. But you really think no one has screenshots of Shock of Lightning landing on high Mr targets from Velious/Luclin era, I think your gonna be surprised.

If you really want to take it that far you've given me the right to argue Colgate/Nirgon on resist thresh holds on any spell no one can provide "proof" on.

Jarlon
05-17-2015, 06:31 PM
would really like to see this classic mechanic implemented

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 07:01 PM
[/U][/I][/B]

vote no.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%201_zpstf1cadxx.png (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Shock%20of%20Lightning%201_zpstf1cadxx.png.html)

Velious/Luclin Era Sullon Zek here's Darwoth fully buffed getting lanced by a Shock of Lightning for full dmg.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png.html)

Another Velious/Luclon era screenshot...Damn looks like peoples gear sucked back then no way they could have high MR LMFAO! is that a bio orb in Darwoth's hand?

Now unless you can provide what doesn't exist, someone resisting a SOL in PVP velious/lucling era, get your lying ass off my thread and take your clown shoes with you.

MEGANS LAW
05-17-2015, 07:06 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%201_zpstf1cadxx.png (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Shock%20of%20Lightning%201_zpstf1cadxx.png.html)

Velious/Luclin Era Sullon Zek here's Darwoth fully buffed getting lanced by a Shock of Lightning for full dmg.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png.html)

Another Velious/Luclon era screenshot...Damn looks like peoples gear sucked back then no way they could have high MR LMFAO! is that a bio orb in Darwoth's hand?

Now unless you can provide what doesn't exist, someone resisting a SOL in PVP velious/lucling era, get your lying ass off my thread and take your clown shoes with you.

So your sample size is 2?

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 07:16 PM
So your sample size is 2?

I posted screenshots of it landing on a very high MR target like a lure, I posted multiple people talking about how it worked and it being unresistable from that era

At this point it's clear that Empire is being absurd and will not see reason on this subject.

MEGANS LAW
05-17-2015, 07:36 PM
I posted screenshots of it landing on a very high MR target like a lure, I posted multiple people talking about how it worked and it being unresistable from that era

At this point it's clear that Empire is being absurd and will not see reason on this subject.

You posted two screenshots from Sullon Zek which came out in late Velious and obviously those screenshots are further into the timeline than just Velious.

Your sample size is exactly 2 and your evidence is anecdotal. This is obviously a ploy by a person who plays a wizard to get a buff to benefit themselves. Glad the staff sees through such obvious manipulation.

Still awaiting resist logs/evidence.

Technique
05-17-2015, 08:00 PM
The funny thing is: those two shitty screenshots amount to more evidence than nirgon or anyone else provided in the resist thread when haynar came around asking how resists were supposed to work in pvp.

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 08:01 PM
You posted two screenshots from Sullon Zek which came out in late Velious and obviously those screenshots are further into the timeline than just Velious.

Your sample size is exactly 2 and your evidence is anecdotal. This is obviously a ploy by a person who plays a wizard to get a buff to benefit themselves. Glad the staff sees through such obvious manipulation.

Still awaiting resist logs/evidence.

there's no way to know if that's velious or Luclin in those screenshots, if it is Luclin than that's more in Favor that was unresistable because peoples geared increased

So far there has been.

1. Multiple threads of posts from that Era describing the spell as Unresistable

2. Numerous experienced PvPer's from that timeline all stating it was Unresistable.

3. Screenshots of High MR targets not resisting Shock of Lightning.

Here's two more SOL's landing on targets

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%202_zpszrazeedo.png (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Shock%20of%20Lightning%202_zpszrazeedo.png.html)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%203.png_zpsphtrkwic.jpeg (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Shock%20of%20Lightning%203.png_zpsphtrkwic.jpeg.ht ml)

That is more Proof in Favor of it being Unresistable than denying it. At this point the Burden of Proof is on those denying it, you will have to come up with a screenshot showing it being resisted from that era. Just the fact that lvl 60's are shown regularly using the spell is common sense that it landed or why bother meming a lvl 12 spell that wouldn't land on anyone

Anyone with Common Sense would be forced to rule in favor of it indeed being unresistable in pvp (atleast as much as a lifetap or Lure was anyways)

The funny thing is: those two shitty screenshots amount to more evidence than nirgon or anyone else provided in the resist thread when haynar came around asking how resists were supposed to work in pvp.

I know at this point it's absolutely insane, i have provided more proof that this is indeed how it works than anyone has ever provided for any previous pvp change on this server.

Technique
05-17-2015, 08:35 PM
It wasn't unresistable in the sense that tash or malo are unresistable, so continuing to characterize it like that is just hurting your argument.

But like any pure nuke, it should be partialing vs. high resists far more often than it should be fully resisted. That's the issue, and one shared by all other pure nukes following the resist changes.

This is the result of setting resist "immunity thresholds" sourced from ol' nirnog's hazy recollections of gallivanting across Norrath in a pair of diamond rings and an SMR.

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 08:46 PM
It wasn't unresistable in the sense that tash or malo are unresistable, so continuing to characterize it like that is just hurting your argument.

But like any pure nuke, it should be partialing vs. high resists far more often than it should be fully resisted. That's the issue, and one shared by all other pure nukes following the resist changes.

This is the result of setting resist "immunity thresholds" sourced from ol' nirnog's hazy recollections of gallivanting across Norrath in a pair of diamond rings and an SMR.

It was able to be partial-ed yes. It's not an argument it's a fact you could resist Shock of Lightning about as much as you resisted lure in pvp, it would partial but not fully resist until the spell was changed in planes of power.

Out of 3000+ kills on Sullon from Velious/Luclin I used Shock of Lightning about every fight and can't remember a single time I saw a resist, and no other wizard I talk to from that era can as well. Fully unresistable Like Tash or Malo NO low resist like Lure(had to have like a -300ish on it because even bards and enchanters I fought rocking full MR buffs took Sol's to the face only other spell I saw like it for my wizard was Lure)

Chaotic Feedback and Shock of Blades worked the exact same way.

Poison Bolt I thought was the same but after talking to a few necro's it was more in line with splurt for resists.

Nirgon
05-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Xearo looks naked in that ss gj

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Xearo looks naked in that ss gj

You still claiming anyone with mid to low MR would see 30%-40% Resists on Sol?

So either you were...

So feebly inept at PvP in Classic you didn't mem the most used spell in the Wizard's Arsenal.

OR

You lied profusely in order to get custom changes on a classic pvp mechanic?

Either way you will never again be taken seriously by a Developer in regards to your Classic PvP expertise.

Colgate
05-17-2015, 10:00 PM
so you posted a screenshot of an unbuffed druid who may or may not have even been level 60 getting hit with a 17 damage shock of lightning from a player who appears to be wearing an advisor robe(further supporting the fact that he isn't level 60) and a naked player dying to a shock of lightning

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

welp, looks like it's been proven to be unresistable yowl

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 10:08 PM
so you posted a screenshot of an unbuffed druid who may or may not have even been level 60 getting hit with a 17 damage shock of lightning from a player who appears to be wearing an advisor robe(further supporting the fact that he isn't level 60) and a naked player dying to a shock of lightning

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

welp, looks like it's been proven to be unresistable yowl

Did you take a hot tub time machine back to classic to play it again, NO? Then you don't belong in pvp bugs as you cannot confirm or deny any pvp mechanics from that era.

Thanks for stopping by and throwing an immature tantrum tho. I'm sure we'll all miss your worthless input on an era you never played.

Colgate
05-17-2015, 10:18 PM
i played a wizard in classic through velious PvP all the way to level 60 and recall on many occasions shock of lightning being fully resisted by moderately geared players

thank you for your concern

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 10:22 PM
i played a wizard in classic through velious PvP all the way to level 60 and recall on many occasions shock of lightning being fully resisted by moderately geared players

thank you for your concern

A. you didn't play classic

B. We've heard the testimony of well known Wizards from classic all say It landed like lure.

C. We've posted numerous threads of people from that era stating it landed like lure.

D. We've posted screenshots of High Mr targets with SOL landing from that era.

Sorry champ but lying ain't gonna cut it with all that proof, you got screenshots of someone resisting it?

Colgate
05-17-2015, 10:29 PM
unbuffed level 55 druid and a naked guy aren't exactly what you'd call high MR

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 10:37 PM
unbuffed level 55 druid and a naked guy aren't exactly what you'd call high MR

Do you even know who Darwoth was? You might want to ask some people who actually played classic before you make an even bigger ass of out of yourself than you have already.

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=darwoth

Fully buffed, and he didn't resist SOL and if your gonna say his gear was shit LOL just stop yourself, don't make it so easy for me to embarrass you.

Colgate
05-17-2015, 10:48 PM
zero evidence that he has hgih MR

Syft-X
05-17-2015, 10:56 PM
zero evidence that he has hgih MR

LOL it was Darwoth... SMH he's holding a Bio Orb in one of those screenshots.

Everyone from classic can confirm his gear velious/luclin was pretty damned dope, the guy killed more people than Cancer in every MMO out there.

You picked the worst possible person to try to discredit from Live. But knowing you would resort to just about anything, and you never played classic. I knew if I posted his screenshots you'd dig your own grave and hop inside.

MEGANS LAW
05-18-2015, 09:05 AM
any proof yet or just anecdotal?

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 09:08 AM
any proof yet or just anecdotal?

Now your spamming bug reports in an effort to derail the thread, no matter I'll make another thread since you all desperately tried to derail this one in fear of losing your pixels.

MEGANS LAW
05-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Now your spamming bug reports in an effort to derail the thread, no matter I'll make another thread since you all desperately tried to derail this one in fear of losing your pixels.

No proof presented, especially the "proof that will prove my theory beyond a reasonable doubt."

Vote no.

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 09:36 AM
His MR in those screen shots is not 255 or close

Runya
05-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Nonetheless it gets full resisted not partialed alot even with low resist....not working as it should at this point.idk what resist you Bros expect it to get resisted.....but all magic spells are off....enc,cleric etc.I used chaotic feedback into vel...was the only enc nuke that worked that way....rest were all or nothing.Cleric nukes don't land ever....used to get low partials alot not full resists

Speedling
05-18-2015, 05:51 PM
My perception as someone who doesn't played red;

This is very poor evidence for trying to get something implemented.

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 09:44 PM
My perception as someone who doesn't played red;

This is very poor evidence for trying to get something implemented.

If you Empire guys are gonna reach out to blue friends to post for you could you atleast get someone who can type.

Jarlon
05-18-2015, 09:57 PM
hopefully this classic mechanic is fixed by velious.

Syft-X
05-19-2015, 09:48 AM
I played during the classic-velious era as both an enchanter and wizard. It was very rare for me to ever have shock of lightning or chaotic feedback off my hotbar. I remember killing a lot of casters, even in my 50s, by shock of lightning spam in 1v1 scenarios. I don't ever remember either being fully resisted, though partials did occur frequently. For all intents and purposes the effects were unresistable.

Why is it that all the most well known PvPer's from classic era say this, and everyone from empire says something different.

Luniz
05-19-2015, 10:23 AM
so i guess since nothing more than anecdotes are being provided this thread is being moved to resolved

Syft-X
05-19-2015, 10:36 AM
so i guess since nothing more than anecdotes are being provided this thread is being moved to resolved

Down to trolling bug reports huh Retti? Just let that rage spill across all forums

http://francispalace.weebly.com/uploads/2/6/5/2/26529217/2632925_orig.gif

Technique
05-19-2015, 11:10 AM
His trolling (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159728) is ultimately what led to the resist system changes you're complaining about in this thread.

Even a dumb lab rat in a box knows to keep pushing the button that delivers it a treat, so you can't fault this simpleton for continuing to do what's successful.

Nirgon
05-19-2015, 11:26 AM
well sounds like you know how to get things on the right track here

good luck fellow poster

Syft-X
05-19-2015, 11:33 AM
His trolling (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159728) is ultimately what led to the resist system changes you're complaining about in this thread.

Even a dumb lab rat in a box knows to keep pushing the button that delivers it a treat, so you can't fault this simpleton for continuing to do what's successful.

Oh of course, Nirgon/Colgate/Retti have been playing circle jerk on bug reports for years fucking up the code with nothing but word of mouth to support their idiocy.

And the Ironic part is...

Colgate never played Classic

Nirgon was the only wizard I ever heard of not to keep SOL memd in pvp, which means he spent 95% of his time raiding(like he does here)

and Retti never pvps like ever.

These are the guys who are trying to be the voice of classic pvp mechanics on our server, it would almost be a funny joke if it weren't true.

Nirgon
05-19-2015, 12:44 PM
I used shock of lightning a ton up until about lvl 51 on live

One of my first deaths on live I remember in north ro (pre-kubark o pras it) spamming flame shock on someone spamming shock of lightning on me... learned that one the hard way.. some gnome wizard fucker

never4get

Syft-X
05-19-2015, 01:07 PM
I used shock of lightning a ton up until about lvl 51 on live

One of my first deaths on live I remember in north ro (pre-kubark o pras it) spamming flame shock on someone spamming shock of lightning on me... learned that one the hard way.. some gnome wizard fucker

never4get

Then you would know it was never resisted and wouldn't have spent 20+ pages arguing against it

XiakenjaTZ
05-19-2015, 01:17 PM
I played up until Luclin on a Wiz. It worked reliably on everyone until they were in VERY good gear from Velious at a minimum.

I would say in the 250 range it became useless.

Runya
05-19-2015, 02:10 PM
I played up until Luclin on a Wiz. It worked reliably on everyone until they were in VERY good gear from Velious at a minimum.

I would say in the 250 range it became useless.

What he said

Syft-X
05-19-2015, 03:31 PM
The spell was actually changed either near the end of luclin or beginning of PoP don't remember exactly when but it became dogshit after a stealth patch. Couldn't even use it on average MR geared targets.

I know because I stopped meming it for the first time in years of playing and relied solely on Lure of Thunder to interrupt which sucked because it was 4.5 and hard as hell to stop gates with, just .5 secs too late and they got away.

Kinda killed pvp wizard skill wise all you did was spam Lure of thunder till someone died, was boring as hell.

pgerman
05-28-2015, 12:42 AM
b

Omnifiend
05-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Not sure why people who claimed to play classic pvp don't know that it was unresistable. I played on a blue server, and even there we knew about it, and used it during duels and such.

No idea why "proof" is needed when it was such common knowledge. It is like saying monks had Flying Kick. Everyone knew it, people discussed it, I hardly need to post ten thousand screenshots of using it to prove it.

SoL was unresistable knockback, everyone who was any good at the game knew it, we hardly need to post 10k screenshots 'proving' it.

Nirgon
05-30-2015, 11:30 AM
The spell wasn't changed

People got higher resists

pgerman
05-31-2015, 04:59 AM
Nirgon is dilusional, this spell hit on anyone even if they had bard songs rolling with 255 mr well into velius

Resists changed? Yea ok.

Ragnaros
05-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Bump for classic mechanics
SoL should have a 5% chance of being resisted at 255 MR

Efwan
06-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Nirgon you're a freaking full retard if you think people just had "less resists" on zek. You act like people are idiots, it was already common knowledge what the resist items are. Hell over half of them are jewelcrafted, I have about the same buffless resists here as I did on live (100+ on everything but DR). Sorry that your "pvp" wizard was stacking charisma and not using SoL. That shit wasn't getting resisted, damn annoying as a cleric kno what I mean?

Colgate
06-01-2015, 08:48 PM
you do not have over 100 to all resists without buffs on your monk

pgerman
06-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Wtih bard songs still didnt get resisted, colagte was 3 years old when this was taking place on live. Just leave this to the big boys.

BUMP FOR ALL WIZARDS

Nirgon
06-01-2015, 10:15 PM
I remember when Sektor claimed that cleric nukes were unresistable

that lasted a long time, glad that change went in

pff

Efwan
06-02-2015, 02:19 AM
you do not have over 100 to all resists without buffs on your monk

Did I say anything about my monk? Way to dodge the issue at hand since you have zero knowledge on the subject

pgerman
06-02-2015, 09:27 AM
I remember when Sektor claimed that cleric nukes were unresistable

that lasted a long time, glad that change went in

pff

Yea cleric nukes vs Shock of lightning the most used wizard spell on live, your clearly insane, or just trolling this thread because i made it.

BUMP FOR ALL WIZARDS

pgerman
06-25-2015, 02:27 AM

I like this one, yea everyone that was any good rolled with 135 + mr

Grimjaw
06-25-2015, 02:38 AM
nirgon actually pointed out a great thread with lots of proof SoL was resisted like Splurt or Winged Death (meaning about 1%) http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-Shock-of-Lightning-what-level-do-they-start-resisting-it

Funny though, he was trying to prove a different point when he linked that thread.

Syft-X
06-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Not sure why people who claimed to play classic pvp don't know that it was unresistable. I played on a blue server, and even there we knew about it, and used it during duels and such.

No idea why "proof" is needed when it was such common knowledge. It is like saying monks had Flying Kick. Everyone knew it, people discussed it, I hardly need to post ten thousand screenshots of using it to prove it.

SoL was unresistable knockback, everyone who was any good at the game knew it, we hardly need to post 10k screenshots 'proving' it.

You would think but for some reason colgate and nirgon play this lying game on forums shitting up the code here.

Nirgon
06-26-2015, 04:26 PM
You weren't best in slot in Kunark dueling with a selo drum bard in your group

I'm on god damn Norrath vacation quit dropping my name in this piece

Esp you who lives in a trash can dare I even speak your name

Colgate
06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
still waiting on some proof other than an anecdote from Zlinzar Arcanius, High Elven Wizard of the 23rd Fireball

pgerman
06-28-2015, 08:54 AM
here comes the dynamic duo

Smedy
06-30-2015, 02:49 AM
god i miss this selfie cam classic shit, why the fuck would they take it away

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png

Bokke
08-10-2015, 01:45 PM
I think everyone who actually pvp'd on Classic agree's that Shock of Lightning, Shock of Blades, Poison Bolt and Chaotic Feedback was never seen to be resisted.

So it should be set the same way here, if we set it to be resisted here that's a custom change that wasn't classic and it impacts PvP by dumbing down the skill of casters to spamming the same spells. Instead of actually paying attention to what the other person is casting and timing interrupts with damage.

So every other Wizard on the server is wrong? And your right?

When most of them are way more well known for pvp'ing then you.

I honesty was young and don't remember anything about shock, or P.bolt. I do distinctly remember Chaotic Feedback landing though, and interrupting. In fact I remember chanter and cleric nukes landing often in general - not for much damage and it wasn't like they had mana pools to actually kill some one by nukes alone.

Resists/partials are way out of place right now on r99. Better than how they were when I first started, but still not where they should be. I have no idea how to find proof on that though and suppose others have already spent significant time looking.

pgerman
09-02-2015, 04:43 AM
soL still resisted like crazy

bump

pgerman
09-09-2015, 02:44 PM
september 2015 bump

Ragnaros
10-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Bump, this spell should be unresistable yet people with 100 mr resist it completely every time.

Ragnaros
10-03-2015, 01:41 PM

pgerman
10-11-2015, 06:25 AM
october bump

heartbrand
10-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Will any proof be provided with your bump? Many contributors have cast repeated doubt on your claim in this thread, which is likely why no action has been taken.

Erati
10-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Def used Shock of lightning over n over again in Wiz V Wiz duels and whether it interrupted your opponents casting would make or break the fight if they kept going for big nukes while you SoL

that would make sense it couldnt be resisted bc it seems even if you resist it 1-4 times or what have you, that makes it not worth it at all to spam to constantly push back your wiz opponent

Going for the gamble of the big nuke would have been more rewarding if SoL could been resisted, and more Wiz v Wiz duels wouldnt feature using SoL like it did, I literally never used the spell unless I was in Lake Rath Arena dueling casters

Soon as caster pvp started, boom SoL gets memm'd

Ragnaros
10-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Bump

pgerman
10-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Will any proof be provided with your bump? Many contributors have cast repeated doubt on your claim in this thread, which is likely why no action has been taken.

only thing you know about pvp is pulling out an ot hammer, move along

anyone that played during classic or kunark era can verify SoL

Most used spell by wizards

heartbrand
10-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Perhaps your negative demeanor and real life attacks are leading to this issue being ignored.

arsenalpow
10-15-2015, 10:44 AM
As a non-raiding wizard on SZ I PvPed almost exclusively with shock of lightning all the way into Luclin. Knowing how to step through the pushback was a learned skill that some people never figured out. Additionally, you would circle around your target between casts to make sure you pushed them from weird angles. It was almost never resisted until well into Luclin.

Chaotic feedback was also NEVER resisted. I rolled with a chanter on SZ for years that never unmemmed chaotic feedback.

I have no dog in this fight because I'm not on red, but shock of lightning and chaotic feedback are definitely not working as intended if the current descriptions are accurate.

Nirgon
10-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Yes what was their magic resist

SamwiseRed
10-15-2015, 08:09 PM
As a non-raiding wizard on SZ I PvPed almost exclusively with shock of lightning all the way into Luclin. Knowing how to step through the pushback was a learned skill that some people never figured out. Additionally, you would circle around your target between casts to make sure you pushed them from weird angles. It was almost never resisted until well into Luclin.

Chaotic feedback was also NEVER resisted. I rolled with a chanter on SZ for years that never unmemmed chaotic feedback.

I have no dog in this fight because I'm not on red, but shock of lightning and chaotic feedback are definitely not working as intended if the current descriptions are accurate.

i think a better phrase would be that they are not working like they were in classic. who knows how it was intended to be in classic. pvp was always broken and unbalanced.

pgerman
10-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Yes what was their magic resist

120-160 on average on tallon and sullen zek at any high end pvp

max if bard involved

I remember only using SOL to kill crappy casters that would try to chain gate over and over. regardless of their MR.

It was never something that needed to be proven, because it was that way throughout all of classic and kunark, and well into velius. After that I dont know. Didnt play eq live any further. Might have become resistible when resist cap was pushed above 255.

It's hard to believe more people dont remember this spell.

Nirgon
10-16-2015, 12:14 PM
At about 130 cold you never saw an ice comet even scratch the paint. People here got 155 MR ubless debuffed or naked. Cleric nukes that knocked back didn't have the -10mr and are documented to be absolutely worthless at people in this MR range. I used this spell all the time up to about lvl 52 until channeling basically made it worthless. There just wasn't anything in particular I could even guess would have an impact here unless a smaller range of damage (between 0 and max of spell) some how gave it less of a chance to resist.

Once upon a time in my bug posting days I showed a screen shot of someone getting killed by a scoriae damage partial that shouldn't be possible. I dug and dug and dug and found the RZer slain in the picture (I'm a sick man). He actually remembered the encounter and said he was low HP from fighting someone else with an enchanter pal and they runed up and ran for Kael when he was killed. The stuff we presented to Haynar is accurate and he did a fine job making this PvP code feel very classic (Bane still lands easily on 130 poison which is bad but Meh), whether things are WoW era "fair" or "gear levels are higher" should be irrelevant.

If this spell is getting easily resisted at 90-100 MR.. sure make a change but at 150 and higher you just can't justify it.

What really bites me in the ass regarding your guys' posts is saying you used it all the time on lvl 60 targets. That would have been foolish because at this point people rather easily channeled through this and spells like remedy, chloroblast, deflux, (now) ice spear were common place and would only allow for a single shock to land before they complete. There is just no f'ing way you had success killing people chaining something like lure->shock against any kind of healer (which I presume is the intent of this). They'd channel and top off.. period.

I really have no vested interest in anything less than a perfectly classic server so consider my rebuttal to the memory of this being some ultra reliably kill tool at lvl 60. Do none of you remember high channeling skill making this spell worthless? Or are you going from pre lvl 50 memory? I agree that then shock was extremely useful and no one was running around with tranix crowns, plat resist rings or underfoot robes on basically any damn server damn server pre lvl 50.

If you want my take on things go ahead and add item loot. It makes ganking people engaged on raid targets (the people I'd supposedly try to protect by "trolling bugs") an extremely viable and profitable tactic esp in situations like when we rezzed up after that botched Klabdicar. We had people ganked for Lodi shields because tip offs were given from inside the raid and profits split between the spy and the ganker

Adding item loot makes people usually bag their resist gear if they aren't a very strong pvper...and shock will land... and resist levels will match what you remember (aka off setting robe of azure sky, riles etc).

Rejji
10-16-2015, 12:17 PM
ya considering "in era" on live the timeline moved a lot faster and people were much less geared, i doubt anyone was rolling in 120-160 on average on tallon and sullen zek at any high end pvp

chances are people were peaking at 100 with GMR and he was also attacking level 5's with his level 50 wizard considering it was SZ, so level gap would contribute to it being more successful

clearly pgerman has a little bit of bias since he mains a wizard on this server, and I think hes recalling anecdotal evidence from other emulators rather than providing some actual proof with MR, character levels, etc as proof. Nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence, but when you say something like "120-160 mr during era" i mean... come on dude...

pgerman
10-16-2015, 06:09 PM
What really bites me in the ass regarding your guys' posts is saying you used it all the time on lvl 60 targets. That would have been foolish because at this point people rather easily channeled through this and spells like remedy, chloroblast, deflux, (now) ice spear were common place and would only allow for a single shock to land before they complete. There is just no f'ing way you had success killing people chaining something like lure->shock against any kind of healer (which I presume is the intent of this). They'd channel and top off.. period.

Alot of random assumptions here. Let me just set you straight, and learn you how to pvp.

Yes it was used all the time, if you attacked people with multiple toons one guy would be intrupting gates with SoL, the other would be DPS. If you were solo, quite often on live people wouldnt heal until they were already too low, and SoL could easily interrupt a couple heals . They would get nervous run for the zone line and you finish them.
Often used it to intrupt people trying to evac, long casts they would rarely channel.

People didnt have unlimited sow potions like on this server ether. So running for the zone line was not always the first thought, usually gate was.

Lets tone down the "i know everything about pvp". When clearly you ether didnt participate in it often. Or you smurfed it hard like on this server and never really encountered much non zerg pvp. Thus never learning much about it.

pgerman
10-16-2015, 06:21 PM
ya considering "in era" on live the timeline moved a lot faster and people were much less geared, i doubt anyone was rolling in

chances are people were peaking at 100 with GMR and he was also attacking level 5's with his level 50 wizard considering it was SZ, so level gap would contribute to it being more successful

clearly pgerman has a little bit of bias since he mains a wizard on this server, and I think hes recalling anecdotal evidence from other emulators rather than providing some actual proof with MR, character levels, etc as proof. Nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence, but when you say something like "120-160 mr during era" i mean... come on dude...

The personal hate for me, gotta love it.

But ether way. I played on tallon zek *8 level range* and sullen zek. Most of my time as a wizard was done on tallon zek with only an 8 level range.

Any pvp'er on the server ran with over 100 MR unbuffed, and easily up to 160 buffed, and more with bards. No one gave a crap about fire or cold resist for awhile. Because partial damage was so common.
I feel sorry for you if you ran around with less than 100 MR even back then.

12 year old barcode probably killed you back then too

About bias> yea I play a wizard here on red99 Obviously.
The only viable interrupt spell that wizards had on live would be important to me.

snufzaimoverlord
10-17-2015, 11:59 PM
This spell is currently working exactly as it did in classic, it was resisted everytime with half decent MR.

pgerman
10-18-2015, 08:13 AM
This spell is currently working exactly as it did in classic, it was resisted everytime with half decent MR.

All the empire haters come to visit this thread

OH dear lawd if barcode gets a working shock of lightning how many more will die?

fiegi 8.0
10-18-2015, 09:58 AM
All the empire haters come to visit this thread

OH dear lawd if barcode gets a working shock of lightning how many more will die?

It is working...... did you play classic everquest?

vouss
10-19-2015, 05:25 PM
should never be resisted, played rallos back in 01 and I used this spell to kill countless casters

Ragnaros
10-19-2015, 10:51 PM
should never be resisted, played rallos back in 01 and I used this spell to kill countless casters

Smedy
10-20-2015, 08:37 AM
played grand wizard number 1 vallon zek year 1999 can confirm this spell never was resisted

plz fix

Nirgon
10-20-2015, 12:06 PM
U ain't learnin me on nuffins

Ragnaros
11-17-2015, 11:10 PM
bump

Jah
02-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Bump

SamwiseRed
02-12-2017, 12:01 AM
in 1999 i resisted this spell 66% of the time with 57 mr.

silo32
03-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Bump should push 100% every time

Cwall 146.0
03-05-2017, 03:52 PM
post evidence