PDA

View Full Version : All this MQ flying around

Conscript
12-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Is it still possible to farm anything yourself anymore or are all the MQ's permacamped?

fiveeauxfour
12-11-2014, 01:44 PM
You can farm Fire Beetle Eyes in East Freeport still

Nirgon
12-11-2014, 01:58 PM
not perma camped on red

Erati
12-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Is it still possible to farm anything yourself anymore or are all the MQ's permacamped?

what items are you looking for

most the time MQers ( esp for epics ) will step aside when a legit non-twink character comes along trying to complete their quest

at least thats what I do....most the time

rictus204
12-11-2014, 02:10 PM
most the time MQers ( esp for epics ) will step aside when a legit non-twink character comes along trying to complete their quest

ROFL what server are you playing on? Go anywhere near their camps and they flip out.

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 02:21 PM
ROFL what server are you playing on? Go anywhere near their camps and they flip out.

Which camps are you talking about exactly?

Some of them are pretty stupid but others are okay.

The problem with this server isn't exactly people selling MQs, it's people getting their sole source of income from that MQ. That's when the people become really neckbeardy and don't let anyone come near their camp. Same deal for people who live in the crypt or Sev king or Tranix for weeks on end.

Get your drop then go do something else for a week. Nothing irks me more than seeing someone continually, day in and day out, monopolize a camp never leaving. This is why corpsing items is bad mmkay.

It's pretty clear some Velious quests will follow suit. I see a guy on the forums here already buying up stacks of Mnt Death Salts and Seahorse Scales. I guess he will be selling Ring 9 MQs? I'm sure someone will sell Shawl 3 MQs too. Do one or two, don't make a manufacturing line of the game which inevitably blocks people from doing the quest on their own.

Lictor
You can thank TMO for the trickle down economics effecting your fire bettle eye

Whirled

Aren't some people just the worst?

Swish
12-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Calabee, MQ self confessed RMTer extrordinaire shut me out of getting my parchment in Kaladim (for rogue epic) because he needed one for his MQ business. Thankfully Liia (further on in the quest) did step aside so there are good people out there still <3

I don't like rules, but there should certainly be something that guarantees that someone questing their own epic is ahead of the MQ tunnel fat cat crowd when it comes to gathering for a required item.

skipdog
12-11-2014, 02:34 PM
OP, you can farm anything you want.

Nothing is truly 'permacamped' and with the new camp rules, once a person gets their item they are after at a camp, they must give it up to the next person in line.

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Calabee, MQ self confessed RMTer extrordinaire shut me out of getting my parchment in Kaladim (for rogue epic) because he needed one for his MQ business. Thankfully Liia (further on in the quest) did step aside so there are good people out there still <3

I don't like rules, but there should certainly be something that guarantees that someone questing their own epic is ahead of the MQ tunnel fat cat crowd when it comes to gathering for a required item.

This.

I have sold a few Rogue Epics over the past year, 2 or to guildies did one for my own rogue and then another 3-4 on forums. Never once have I stood next to an un epic'd rogue and tried to pick pocket Tani/Founy or have I turned into Eldreth or Yendar... I have once or twice against level 60 epic'd rogues doing the same thing as me though. Usually just before they arrived, or while they were AFK when the mob spawned.

Most people, I'd imagine, are like myself and will step aside if it's a real noob going for their epic. if it's a mob that drops other loots I want generally I'll let you grab an epic piece (Undertow and his wand or Phinigel and his wizard staff for example). Again, pretty typical of your run of the mill P99er.

There are a few out there like Calabee who are just douches though.

maurilax
12-11-2014, 02:54 PM
roll red, camp all the open camps, sell for 3x profit on blue

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 02:56 PM
OP, you can farm anything you want.

Nothing is truly 'permacamped' and with the new camp rules, once a person gets their item they are after at a camp, they must give it up to the next person in line.

This doesn't really matter for people with jobs and long camps.

Ragefire or Yendar for example. Even though they got their Renux last kill, most people don't have the ability to be present 8 hours down the line.

Raev
12-11-2014, 02:58 PM
The problem with this server isn't exactly people selling MQs, it's people getting their sole source of income from that MQ. That's when the people become really neckbeardy and don't let anyone come near their camp. Same deal for people who live in the crypt or Sev king or Tranix for weeks on end.

Definitely +1. There are plenty of ways to make cash on the server and its more fun to switch it up anyway

Liia
12-11-2014, 03:21 PM

/cheer

I did step aside several times for non epic'ed rogues several times while it was time to pickpocket or turn-in. But like most said, if someone else is doing MQ aswell, then they can go fuck themselves.

Lictor
12-11-2014, 03:31 PM
With all the "classic" purist shoving things down people's throat, I am surprised the be ability to MQ is still available. I'm sure there is some technicality that allows it to exist on p99. Perhaps it was technically viable or was in the 1999 code or some shit. But no one ever did it, or done so rarely it was unknown to the majority. Classic experience eq doesn't include massive MQ.

Erati
12-11-2014, 03:39 PM
With all the "classic" purist shoving things down people's throat, I am surprised the be ability to MQ is still available. I'm sure there is some technicality that allows it to exist on p99. Perhaps it was technically viable or was in the 1999 code or some shit. But no one ever did it, or done so rarely it was unknown to the majority. Classic experience eq doesn't include massive MQ.

well I am a classic purist and I love the ability to MQ.

Granted yes its a lil out of control here ( little being an understatement ) but the idea behind MQ was very sound and part of what made original classic EQ fun

it would be very painful to everyone if we had to complete quests in their entirety on the specific character that needed the reward

while some roleplayers enjoy that pain, many dont hence why MQs so popular and if you are against them then dont support the sellers !

SamwiseRed
12-11-2014, 03:42 PM

i tried argueing this point. i even got an email from brad mcquaid saying level 10s running around with epics doesnt sound right. you wont win this one tho. its a classic bug they want to keep. also peoples livelyhoods depend on it and xmas is just around the corner.

same with recharging and everyone running around with a soulfire. people want ezmode classic eq. not sure why they just dont play live.

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 03:47 PM
i tried argueing this point. i even got an email from brad mcquaid saying level 10s running around with epics doesnt sound right. you wont win this one tho. its a classic bug they want to keep. also peoples livelyhoods depend on it and xmas is just around the corner.

same with recharging and everyone running around with a soulfire. people want ezmode classic eq. not sure why they just dont play live.

Eh to suggest it's a bug is a stretch.

It was just poorly thought out quest handling.

Something that was never ever changed on live. You can still get on 15 years later and MQ a Rogue Epic.

The only thing they did was change it so that when they started getting more sophisticated quests there were hidden flag checks starting in PoP.

To deviate from this would be ultimate CustomQuest.

That being said someone selling their 50th Epic MQ in a few months time is a problem. Let other people do their epics or a random few sell an epic MQ. Don't be a Calabee. We all know how that ends up (you have to be Canadian and French :/.)

fiveeauxfour
12-11-2014, 04:00 PM
people want ezmode classic eq.

Nah, it's just due to the fact that the server has been on Kunark for 3 years.

Lictor
12-11-2014, 04:04 PM
On live I went from few months before kunark - luclin on Veeshan server. Granted I was some noob high school kid but I don't remember MQ ever being sold. I went until the 50s on p99 just assuming MQ was something put in by a later expansion that was just included in the titanium package. It needs to be eliminated if people want that classic feel.

Whirled
12-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Well...IF we're making changes...Shared banks plz

apio
12-11-2014, 04:16 PM
They should've never introduced MQ. It wasn't an intended mechanic and has done more bad than good on this server. It had to be PUT IN specifically, so it is a waste of Dev time, since it has to be coded for every single quest, and for every new quest that is coded.

Another example of being too classic for your own good.

There are enough drops to make money off of in the game without selling MQ Epics and JBoots, and it would remove a lot of work from the Devs and GMs to get rid of MQ altogether

Uuruk
12-11-2014, 04:22 PM
I can guarantee you anyone who farms MQs 7 days a week for months straight is a RMTer. Do the GMs care? Fuck no, they are busy seeing who engaged dragons 40 seconds early instead of people destroying the game.

SavageBeast15
12-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Which camps are you talking about exactly?

Some of them are pretty stupid but others are okay.

Get your drop then go do something else for a week. Nothing irks me more than seeing someone continually, day in and day out, monopolize a camp never leaving. This is why corpsing items is bad mmkay.

It's pretty clear some Velious quests will follow suit. I see a guy on the forums here already buying up stacks of Mnt Death Salts and Seahorse Scales. I guess he will be selling Ring 9 MQs? I'm sure someone will sell Shawl 3 MQs too. Do one or two, don't make a manufacturing line of the game which inevitably blocks people from doing the quest on their own.
Aren't you guilded with people who sit FD on ragefire EVERYDAY? But in their defense when ragefire isn't in window they're at begurgle or gimblox. You say you'll step out of the way for an untwinked person but if they're doing it for a MQ "fuck them" How bout a fuck yourself then, because you're doing it too?

Whirled
12-11-2014, 04:29 PM
huh.... somebody dropped their name tag... here u go.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SitGvW7hyQg/S-8VE7MibCI/AAAAAAAAAPI/Z5L8qbNky2U/s320/pissed_off.gif

Bazia_
12-11-2014, 04:31 PM
humans will never be at peace. even virtually our greed and hubris destroys all goodness.

truly remarkable.

Calibretto
12-11-2014, 04:33 PM
MQ's are NP. Putting level req's on epics would be an easy way to mitigate MQ camping as a viable RMT scheme.

Whirled
12-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Cease this endless conflict....

Faiding
12-11-2014, 04:35 PM

Something that was never ever changed on live. You can still get on 15 years later and MQ a Rogue Epic.

The only thing they did was change it so that when they started getting more sophisticated quests there were hidden flag checks starting in PoP.

That being said someone selling their 50th Epic MQ in a few months time is a problem. Let other people do their epics or a random few sell an epic MQ. Don't be a Calabee. We all know how that ends up (you have to be Canadian and French :/.)

It is a bug. Unintended consequences are bugs. Changing it in its current context required a overhaul of the quest system, so Sony left it and just decided not to provide support for it.

That's why current quests on Live are mostly tasks or designed so that MQ'ing is impossible. For example, none of the Epic 2.0's can be MQ'd.

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Aren't you guilded with people who sit FD on ragefire EVERYDAY? But in their defense when ragefire isn't in window they're at begurgle or gimblox. You say you'll step out of the way for an untwinked person but if they're doing it for a MQ "fuck them" How bout a fuck yourself then, because you're doing it too?

Gonna throw down some crazy revelations on you.

I'm not every person in my guild...

I've gotten.. 2 Ragefire turnins. One went to my brothers cleric and one went to my twink cleric. Both times Zordack was sitting up behind a slew of Fire giants and no one was in the lair.

I have another Pearl I will turn in eventually. Last few times there's been a Europa cleric with a fungi robe and spring wood club there trying to do his epic. Every time I've just camped out shortly after getting there since I won't take it from a guy like that.

Thulack
12-11-2014, 04:41 PM

How many times have you gone to sit at ragefire might i ask?

SavageBeast15
12-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Gonna throw down some crazy revelations on you.

I'm not every person in my guild...

I've gotten.. 2 Ragefire turnins. One went to my brothers cleric and one went to my twink cleric. Both times Zordack was sitting up behind a slew of Fire giants and no one was in the lair.

I have another Pearl I will turn in eventually. Last few times there's been a Europa cleric with a fungi robe and spring wood club there trying to do his epic. Every time I've just camped out shortly after getting there since I won't take it from a guy like that.

You're the premiere altruistic MQer on the server, gotcha, lets not split hairs, you sell MQs

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 05:02 PM
For sure! I like doing quests and making plat to buy other stuff is neat.

But am I cornering the market or directly preventing people from completing their own epic by locking down those mobs... Not really no.

I suppose indirectly I may be by despawning Eldreth or Yendar an hour before a real epic quester may have tried to show up to do his quest though.

Erati
12-11-2014, 05:06 PM
You're the premiere altruistic MQer on the server, gotcha, lets not split hairs, you sell MQs

Dald does the twink druids of Norrath a favor by vanquishing the Corrupted Spirits of Norrath as per the named tree guy in North Karana

this way the neckbeards of the server dont have to waste time completing their 7th alt's epic and can just continue to poopsock raid targets at character select

Whirled
12-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Ken eye haz epikz tew?

SamwiseRed
12-11-2014, 05:14 PM

i remember epic turnins still having a level requirement check. never did i see a low level rogue with epic except for on RZ and those rogues were deleveled with planar armor. never saw a cleric with epic below 50. never saw a shaman epic below 50. ect. I played from classic to popish on Druzzil Ro, RZ, SZ, and Maelin Starpyre. not sure how i never encountered this until p99. i am just speaking from my experience. if brad says its not right, then by god its a bug imo.

SamwiseRed
12-11-2014, 05:17 PM
not attacking dald here either. i know this is somehow classic so ive given up the quest to eliminate it. I had planned on getting confirmations from the original devs about MQing/recharging being a bug but then I realized how sick I was in trying to make this project the classic i remember.

my vision of classic isnt even classic i suppose :)

glad im on red where the mq market is so small it doesnt even matter. pras seeing actual clerics doing cleric epic. crazy.

Aviann
12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Dald does the twink druids of Norrath a favor by vanquishing the Corrupted Spirits of Norrath as per the named tree guy in North Karana

this way the neckbeards of the server dont have to waste time completing their 7th alt's epic and can just continue to poopsock raid targets at character select

I still remember winning one of my books needed for my epic still. Want to sell me the other and combined form at a discount?

Lictor
12-11-2014, 05:22 PM
That is kind of my argument. A bug existed on live, so it is allowed to be in p99. However, this unintended bug causes too many problems, as others have pointed out above. You could eliminate these problems and bring back a more classic feel by getting rid of it.

sox7d
12-11-2014, 05:33 PM
At what point do we admit that a non-classic population makes certain aspects of the game less classic than dogmatic mechanics and policy?

Erati
12-11-2014, 05:42 PM
I still remember winning one of my books needed for my epic still. Want to sell me the other and combined form at a discount?

which does Aviann need

if we have extra kicking around I dont see why not

the job of MQs....one mans trash is another mans treasure

Aviann
12-11-2014, 05:47 PM
which does Aviann need

if we have extra kicking around I dont see why not

the job of MQs....one mans trash is another mans treasure

Sadly I believe an officer looted the fire book I had won way back when in order to do the combine easier in Neriak for the Book of Scale, so it'd be the frost book I need, unfortunately you guys would have to have both since I never looted it.I'm trying to sell an item now that would put me at around cost for it so hit me up ingame next time you see me. No rush brew cause no telling how long it will take to get rid of this Ikky BP

fastboy21
12-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Even with all the MQing the supply/demand of camps is still far in the favor of the player looking to get into his camp of choice. The population here just isn't high enough to fill up the camps (we're like at 1/2 to 1/3 of what most live servers were at peak hours).

If you want to get into a camp on p99 you might have to wait or check back a few times, but its not really that bad considering how it was on live. The reason behind the camping (whether it be for MQing for profit or camping an item for your main) doesn't matter.

Uuruk
12-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Even with all the MQing the supply/demand of camps is still far in the favor of the player looking to get into his camp of choice. The population here just isn't high enough to fill up the camps (we're like at 1/2 to 1/3 of what most live servers were at peak hours).

If you want to get into a camp on p99 you might have to wait or check back a few times, but its not really that bad considering how it was on live. The reason behind the camping (whether it be for MQing for profit or camping an item for your main) doesn't matter.

Live wasn't even remotely close to how top heavy this server. Not even fucking close.

sox7d
12-11-2014, 07:31 PM

The majority of 2000 live players hadn't studied the game for 15 years and bought the game because the box looked cool. Kinda makes P99 a great allegory for what an educated populace is capable of.

stakha
12-11-2014, 08:02 PM
The majority of 2000 live players hadn't studied the game for 15 years and bought the game because the box looked cool. Kinda makes P99 a great allegory for what an educated populace is capable of.

If we are so educated why are some 50+ shamans not using canni and then going oom?

iruinedyourday
12-11-2014, 08:06 PM

You want to farm things but people farming them might be in the way?

yea you can do quests its not a problem you just have to either get lucky or wait a bit like anyone else for some mobs if the reward for the quest is profitable.

ive never seen MQ be a problem for me in my year on p99

GnashingOfTeeth
12-11-2014, 08:08 PM
There is a fine line between classic and stale, and what might have been classic and now is exploited. Some shit on live didn't happen as shit changed and was not static for so long.
Wish the staff would recognize that.

/hugs

2 cents.

Lictor
12-11-2014, 08:25 PM
If we are so educated why are some 50+ shamans not using canni and then going oom?

My guess is he's poor and not 56? Don't remeber what lvl is canni 3. Skipped the quest for canni 2, canni 1 become beyond tedious at 25 Hp a tick at that lvl.

Rararboker
12-11-2014, 10:45 PM
A poor shaman? Def doing something wrong.

drktmplr12
12-11-2014, 11:08 PM

:confused:

Gotze
12-11-2014, 11:35 PM

I can see a shaman being poor pre epic / weak gear

Ereni
12-12-2014, 12:10 AM
It's possible. I did my cleric epic legit. Sure, I had to make hefty deals like giving up loot rights to ragefire gear, but it enabled me to accomplish what I wanted. Be open to making deals with others along the way and perhaps you can get away without buying/mqing everything.

sox7d
12-12-2014, 12:30 AM
>Items programmed to have the no-drop attribute so players cannot use quests as a commodity
>No-drop items constantly farmed exclusively as a commodity
>Classic

hammertime7795
12-12-2014, 02:32 AM
MQ was a big part of classic and yes people were selling mq incuding epics during kunark. Jboots I farmed jboots for all my toons from one toon and mqed them pre kunark. If you don't like people selling MQs don't buy em. If you don't like guilds selling no drop gear from VP don't buy em.

webrunner5
12-12-2014, 03:45 AM
There is a fine line between classic and stale, and what might have been classic and now is exploited. Some shit on live didn't happen as shit changed and was not static for so long.
Wish the staff would recognize that.

/hugs

2 cents.

Nice post. My thoughts exactly. Yeah there is a TON of 60's and like been said, 15 years of know how. :eek:

stakha
12-12-2014, 04:39 AM
My guess is he's poor and not 56? Don't remeber what lvl is canni 3. Skipped the quest for canni 2, canni 1 become beyond tedious at 25 Hp a tick at that lvl.

I would go so far as to say there is no excuse. The quest is easy and even if they dont want to do that, paying 2k for an essential spell is not out of the question at those levels.

iruinedyourday
12-12-2014, 04:46 AM

lets all be clear here, its 15 years later and people are still breaking mez.

Jimjam
12-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Some people are happy to log into the game, join a group and do the absolute minimum for six hours. Of course these people are going to slip up occasionally cos they aren't paying attention.

iruinedyourday
12-12-2014, 06:27 AM
Some people are happy to log into the game, join a group and do the absolute minimum for six hours. Of course these people are going to slip up occasionally cos they aren't paying attention.

At least it gives classic feels. So we got that going for us, which is nice.

Swish
12-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Worst is when these people are healers, god bless FD as a SK tank.. I've saved myself a few deaths :p

sedrie.bellamie
12-12-2014, 10:48 AM
this thread makes me laugh. Too many MQs? You mean too many epic MQs and not enough Jboot MQs. Where did all the Jboot MQs go? Is the SRO AC changed again?

Canni 2 is funny example. Complain about shaman's who don't want to use Canni 1 but you have to think, canni 2 is a quest spell. Not just turn in some random 51 spells, but an actual quest where you have to go places and do things. I see the spell for sale in EC pretty regular, and that is great because not all playeres have time and want to focus just on the grind of xp.

Should Stein of Moggok be made no-drop because it is a quest reward item? I still see some Steins and especially Hero Bracers pop up for sale in EC. Hero Bracers are a super classic way for some mid level characters to do a quest and make a fewe hundred plat.

People say, there are other ways to make money in everquest. Let's go look at some Ocean of Tears Seafurry Island threads to see how neckbeards do not place nice with each other. Ocean of Tears is a great name, so many people crying about FTE and camps on gaints.

And people talking about epic'ing out a 7th alt. Please log on alts 1-6 and empty out your banks; there is a real lack of mid range items for sale in EC. Lots of WTS deathfist sash belts and Monk MQ. I need me more lower guk loot before I have to just go grind my 7th alt in lower guk for items that will be replace by planar later.

maahes
12-12-2014, 01:49 PM

Was going to post till I read this comment. Well said.

maahes
12-12-2014, 01:56 PM

HAHAHHAHAHA. I just had to explain to a level 40 shaman the other day what the "canni dance" was. After I full explained to him how to do it, he commented on how neat it was. 5 minutes later he called OOM to group and proceeded to just sit there.

This one isn't a lack of knowledge, this is pure laziness.

Daldaen
12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
In fairness Canni Dancing is super tedious. Can make a hotkey but if you get a fizzle or lag spike etc it gets all annoying.

fastboy21
12-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Live wasn't even remotely close to how top heavy this server. Not even fucking close.

I agree. I'm not talking about the gear folks have or even the camps they know about. I'm talking about the ratio of open camps to players looking for camps.

It is much easier to get into the top camps on p1999 just because our population is so much lower...even with us being so top heavy.

Pint
12-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Hold the phone.. I can buy a 9th ring mq?

Master Roshi
12-12-2014, 02:35 PM
this thread makes me laugh. Too many MQs? You mean too many epic MQs and not enough Jboot MQs. Where did all the Jboot MQs go? Is the SRO AC changed again?

Canni 2 is funny example. Complain about shaman's who don't want to use Canni 1 but you have to think, canni 2 is a quest spell. Not just turn in some random 51 spells, but an actual quest where you have to go places and do things. I see the spell for sale in EC pretty regular, and that is great because not all playeres have time and want to focus just on the grind of xp.

Should Stein of Moggok be made no-drop because it is a quest reward item? I still see some Steins and especially Hero Bracers pop up for sale in EC. Hero Bracers are a super classic way for some mid level characters to do a quest and make a fewe hundred plat.

People say, there are other ways to make money in everquest. Let's go look at some Ocean of Tears Seafurry Island threads to see how neckbeards do not place nice with each other. Ocean of Tears is a great name, so many people crying about FTE and camps on gaints.

And people talking about epic'ing out a 7th alt. Please log on alts 1-6 and empty out your banks; there is a real lack of mid range items for sale in EC. Lots of WTS deathfist sash belts and Monk MQ. I need me more lower guk loot before I have to just go grind my 7th alt in lower guk for items that will be replace by planar later.

I would have to say, doing an entire quest via Moggok/Hero Bracers and selling the item after doing all the work is a bit different than repeatedly farming only one drop from a particular quest in order to secure sales for the end result.

If somebody chain camped the koala fish in Qeynos for instance, wouldn't you feel that was rather lame?

Daldaen
12-12-2014, 02:36 PM

Please don't encourage him.

Master Roshi
12-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Hold the phone.. I can buy a 9th ring mq? I really thought you could only buy up to 8th ring, which is still a damn good time saver.

Daldaen
12-12-2014, 02:39 PM
8-9-10 can all be MQ'd with somewhat relative ease. 10 requires Max Coldain (or maybe Dain faction... Think it's Coldain though).

But man is that going to be lame if people are poopsocking that quest to sell in EC.

zanderklocke
12-12-2014, 03:03 PM

I want to wear the 9th and 10th ring together. Both have great stats.

falkun
12-12-2014, 03:09 PM
But man is that going to be lame when people are poopsocking that quest to sell in EC.

FTFY

Lictor
12-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Majority of server poopsocking lower camps/drop to get the money to buy coldain ring MQs from one select group of farmers..... Yeah, that's how I remeber velious too! Clearly need to keep it classic in here with MQ

Nirgon
12-12-2014, 03:50 PM
In other news we have evidence submitted that sub 50 rogues turning in anything should just have their epic items eaten

That's how I remember it

slash to the shrug

Calibretto
12-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Even though I'm a rogue. I'm totally for nerfing epic questline MQ's all together. (including shawl/ring /vp/sleeper keys)

SamwiseRed
12-12-2014, 09:37 PM
In other news we have evidence submitted that sub 50 rogues turning in anything should just have their epic items eaten

That's how I remember it

slash to the shrug

yup

Doil_Boil
12-12-2014, 09:46 PM

That's how I remember it

slash to the shrug

I remember this as well.

Messianic
12-12-2014, 10:29 PM
not perma camped on red

This "should play on red" stuff used to annoy me. But I genuinely laughed at this.

webrunner5
12-12-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't think in this day and age EQ is fair at all to the average player on here. How many people that have real jobs and families on here really have the time to camp the top tier stuff for hours straight, and unless you do, you never have the plat to even buy high dollar MQ's. So you are screwed either way. :(

I know it has sort of been that way from the start. But when you were a teenager in your moms basement, sneaking on the game in the middle of the night, people had time lol. :eek:

So have no clue how old OP is but I would not hold your breath getting top tier stuff unless you are willing to get divorced or lose your job, which means you HAVE to move back into your moms basement lol. :D

iruinedyourday
12-12-2014, 10:58 PM
I don't think in this day and age EQ is fair at all to the average player on here. How many people that have real jobs and families on here really have the time to camp the top tier stuff for hours straight, and unless you do, you never have the plat to even buy high dollar MQ's. So you are screwed either way. :(

I disagree to some extent. the fact that you can buy a MQ for an epic means that people that work and dont have time to camp stuff are able to get their epics one day.

anyone can log on for a short amount of time and slowly make platinum, casuals cannot sock rage fire and get a group fiends together for that fight.

Argh
12-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Nothing gets cock blocked anymore except for Ragefire. Thank the people that buy or sell cleric MQs. If people stopped buying them, they would stop selling them.

The other popularly sold epic MQs (shaman, monk, rogue) don't really experience a cock block by others farming them.

It is easier now more than ever to get epics yourself. Every guild on the server that can be killing things is getting access to them to do so.

Oooruk
12-12-2014, 11:34 PM

I know it has sort of been that way from the start. But when you were a teenager in your moms basement, sneaking on the game in the middle of the night, people had time lol. :eek:

So have no clue how old OP is but I would not hold your breath getting top tier stuff unless you are willing to get divorced or lose your job, which means you HAVE to move back into your moms basement lol. :D
I don't know I'd go that far but I get you.

I'm 25 with a career and a casual player. I've been here since August 2013 and my only character is a 51 shaman. I'm at the point in my epic where I have to kill the blackdire. I do not have the time (nor the the desire to, should I have the time) to sit around for 3-4 hours camping the Advisor spawn and getting together a group capable of killing black dire. But hey, that's EQ.

I recently started on red and got a chanter to 22 (thanks to a kind twinked rogue and his druid friend) PLing me. I think he is going to be my new main.

Gregor
12-13-2014, 03:45 AM
what items are you looking for

at least thats what I do....most the time

Easily the most dishonest thing I've ever read on these forums.

Lictor
12-13-2014, 05:07 AM
I don't know I'd go that far but I get you.

I'm 25 with a career and a casual player. I've been here since August 2013 and my only character is a 51 shaman. I'm at the point in my epic where I have to kill the blackdire. I do not have the time (nor the the desire to, should I have the time) to sit around for 3-4 hours camping the Advisor spawn and getting together a group capable of killing black dire. But hey, that's EQ.

I recently started on red and got a chanter to 22 (thanks to a kind twinked rogue and his druid friend) PLing me. I think he is going to be my new main.

You can repeat the envy/woe and first stage of the quest like 40 times or so to get max faction if you have a porter friend. Yeah it takes a lot of time but that is how i got it thanks to tmo camping further shaman MQ for their alt or MQ

hammertime7795
12-13-2014, 05:27 AM
Yup shaman epic is one of the easiest for casuals to do. The tear and a couple group fights is all you really need to do.

stakha
12-13-2014, 01:38 PM
In fairness Canni Dancing is super tedious. Can make a hotkey but if you get a fizzle or lag spike etc it gets all annoying.

My main is a bard, dont get started on tedium...

Jimjam
12-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Yup shaman epic is one of the easiest for casuals to do. The tear and a couple group fights is all you really need to do.

Easy to bypass at least.

Even doing the whole quest isn't too bad though.

Raev
12-13-2014, 03:12 PM
I think there is an unfortunate cycle of "raid scene requires 500 toons camped everywhere" + "kunark out for years" -> huge demand for alts. This is satisfied by the Bard/Chardok AOE factory which pumps out hundreds of toons who then need epic MQs because people don't want to legitimately start from scratch again.

Solution: nerf AOE spells to give a chance to LD if they land on more than 30-40 mobs. Fix the raid scene to rely less on camped toons. Require L50 for epics. Fix sneak pulling. Get Velious out even if it's buggy. The people that care about server firsts here need to be taken out and beaten with a hose: it's not a server first when you can read the guidebook telling you exactly what to do. And then release a new server which isn't going to be overfarmed by Chardok AE/invis pull exploits/etc.

Swish
12-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Nothing gets cock blocked anymore except for Ragefire. Thank the people that buy or sell cleric MQs. If people stopped buying them, they would stop selling them.

The other popularly sold epic MQs (shaman, monk, rogue) don't really experience a cock block by others farming them.

It is easier now more than ever to get epics yourself. Every guild on the server that can be killing things is getting access to them to do so.

I hated doing Ragefire for my cleric, had TMO/FE/etc scouts at the time looking in as I stood there with a bunch of people camped out on a batphone...wouldn't ever want to do it again on a server wipe etc.

...true enough Argh, the buyers are to blame, but they'd always be for sale - just cheaper if the demand wasn't there :/

zanderklocke
12-13-2014, 03:53 PM
I think there is an unfortunate cycle of "raid scene requires 500 toons camped everywhere" + "kunark out for years" -> huge demand for alts. This is satisfied by the Bard/Chardok AOE factory which pumps out hundreds of toons who then need epic MQs because people don't want to legitimately start from scratch again.

Solution: nerf AOE spells to give a chance to LD if they land on more than 30-40 mobs.

No, friend.

Fael
12-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Make chardok a no csr zone. Problem solved. And fun times.

Aviann
12-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Make chardok a no csr zone. Problem solved. And fun times.

I second this motion.

sox7d
12-13-2014, 05:17 PM
I find this Norrath ecosystem analysis very interesting.

Toodles
12-13-2014, 07:00 PM

That's exactly the point though - it wasn't well thought out (like a lot of things EQ). However these 'mistakes,' or oversights didn't affect the server and the players to the degree or magnitude they do here. As been said many times, the devs and staff knew well ahead of time that this is a different era, a different time and many of the players would be veterans who know everything there is to about EverQuest. Add the internet, voice communications and text messaging and it was quite obvious that the simplistic mechanics of EQ would get exploited by people at the first chance they got.

There was an opportunity to amend certain parts of the game /server to accommodate this, without ruining the 'classic,' experience and yet they did nothing.

In the end it just came down to picking and choosing what they wanted, and MQng was something they wanted. It doesn't even matter whether it's good or bad.

Fael
12-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Seriously though. Yall should stop whining. Chardok is game breaking but MQ...

Cite some actual references. What is so damaging about a rogue mq for 30k. There is no bottle neck to the rogue epic, to the shaman epic, to the cleric epic (hearts sell for under 40k). That's about the only serious items that get mq'd.

The other big items like necro and sk epic would never get to the people that cry about not being able to get them. In fact, the casuals who can't make the one inny or ct raid per quarter that it might drop at would be royally screwed if you took away Mq and they happened to not be able to make it.

In short I don't see What is so same offensive about a MQ. Think of all wonderful times that you've been able to Mq things. If anything it is good for casual scum bags.

Dolic

Oooruk
12-13-2014, 08:48 PM

I know this. But, that is an incredibly boring and lame way to get an "epic" item. I enjoy playing the game and doing quests rather than just powering forward for items. Like I said though, my playtime is real limited and I realize that there are a lot of end game things I won't be doing because of this. That's EQ though.

/shrug

If I decide to start playing on blue again I will probably end up lame ducking it and doing the same step over and over.

Faiding
12-13-2014, 08:53 PM
In short I don't see What is so same offensive about a MQ. Think of all wonderful times that you've been able to Mq things. If anything it is good for casual scum bags.

Dolic

Yeah, those casual scumbags. Not like those incredibly reasonable and logical people who play an emulated recreation of a game with a known outcome that they played 12+ years ago like it's their job.

iruinedyourday
12-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Still no reason to be upset about mq for any reason. It's never a problem, it makes epics avail for casuals and as I said never a problem.

Nirgon
12-13-2014, 10:22 PM
This "should play on red" stuff used to annoy me. But I genuinely laughed at this.

now you're gettin it :)

we havin' a good time

server is the least toxic it has ever been

rollin5k
12-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Should remove mq IMO, it's so lame this isn't a job is a game.

Fael
12-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Still no reason to be upset about mq for any reason. It's never a problem, it makes epics avail for casuals and as I said never a problem.

Yeah, those casual scumbags. Not like those incredibly reasonable and logical people who play an emulated recreation of a game with a known outcome that they played 12+ years ago like it's their job.

Sarcasm bro. But I still haven't heard a logical reason why epic mqs are bad for casuals.

I feel like so many of you guys whine about this and that and end up making things worse for yourselves.

Dolic

Oooruk
12-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Sarcasm bro. But I still haven't heard a logical reason why epic mqs are bad for casuals.

I feel like so many of you guys whine about this and that and end up making things worse for yourselves.

Dolic
Ehh, as a casual I think it would give the game a lot more depth if my epic was unattainable unless I was willing to quest it out myself. Farming 30-40k plat to buy an "epic" makes it lame, not epic.

iruinedyourday
12-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Ehh, as a casual I think it would give the game a lot more depth if my epic was unattainable unless I was willing to quest it out myself. Farming 30-40k plat to buy an "epic" makes it lame, not epic.

It is unattainable unless you are willing to quest it yourself, or become a merchant and camp a shitload of other things and then find someone who is manlier than you who has killed the beast and will trade you the treasures for great wealth in return.

You want RP? Only you can prevent non RP...

farming 30-40k does not make anything lame, it is like 99% of the game besides your epic... you farm to buy topor you farm to buy VoG you farm to buy 2 blood points you farm to buy a tranix crown you farm to buy a bad ass cloak...

this game is about farming and traiding.. what part of that dont people understand? If it wasnt then there would be nothing for anyone to do at 60!!!

I for one enjoy questing, doing MQ's gives me a virety of things to do on a main, besides twink the shit out of a level 19 and take your group spot in MM... yall people are just qqing. MQ FOR LIFE NINJAS

Oooruk
12-13-2014, 11:44 PM
It is unattainable unless you are willing to quest it yourself, or become a merchant and camp a shitload of other things and then find someone who is manlier than you who has killed the beast and will trade you the treasures for great wealth in return.

You want RP? Only you can prevent non RP...

Don't understand this at all.

this game is about farming and traiding.. what part of that dont people understand? If it wasnt then there would be nothing for anyone to do at 60!!!

Sounds horribly lame. Hence why I went red.

Messianic
12-14-2014, 12:05 AM
If you're casual and complaining about MQing, you're a self-hating casual. Real casuals shouldn't give a crap what more hardcore folks are doing - at all. Even if it affects your gameplay (i.e. farmers), it can't affect it enough to warrant any concern on your part.

If you're in a guild with other casuals, you can work toward earning it just as well and earn it just fine without complaining about it (in the case of most epics, and don't expect to get your epic as a mage without being hardcore).

So shut up and enjoy what you do even if it isn't as much or as leet as others - which is the point of being casual - and stop telling other people how the game must be.

Unless the mechanics of classic are incorrectly implemented, in which case you should gather facts and submit them. Which also means no one hears your whining and your words are actually productive, which is a double +.

iruinedyourday
12-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Don't understand this at all.

Sounds horribly lame. Hence why I went red.

what dont you understand?

Faiding
12-14-2014, 02:19 AM

Dolic

I was responding to your sarcasm with sarcasm.

MQs aren't bad for casuals. I'm fairly casual, and I wouldn't have gotten jboots without one.

Speaker
12-14-2014, 12:14 PM
"MQs aren't bad for casuals. I'm fairly casual, and I wouldn't have gotten jboots without one."
Then perhaps you shouldn't have jboots if you don't want to put in the effort to earn them.

On the other side of the equation, those who are unwilling to earn their epic and other gear many times are unwilling to farm and look to buy plat thus supporting those who farm for real life cash.

kaev
12-14-2014, 03:51 PM
"Earn" isn't really a synonym for poopsock. It has another meaning entirely. Please stop abusing our poor language, it has suffered enough already.

Uteunayr
12-14-2014, 03:57 PM
"Earn" isn't really a synonym for poopsock. It has another meaning entirely. Please stop abusing our poor language, it has suffered enough already.

^

DetroitVelvetSmooth
12-14-2014, 04:28 PM
In the context of eq "earn" does indeed equal poopsocking most of the time. Deal with it.

SCB
12-14-2014, 04:40 PM
"MQs aren't bad for casuals. I'm fairly casual, and I wouldn't have gotten jboots without one."
Then perhaps you shouldn't have jboots if you don't want to put in the effort to earn them.

CEOs don't hand-build their mega-yachts but that doesn't mean they didn't earn them.

Faiding
12-14-2014, 05:47 PM

On the other side of the equation, those who are unwilling to earn their epic and other gear many times are unwilling to farm and look to buy plat thus supporting those who farm for real life cash.

That is absolutely absurd. Are you implying that someone who finds AC up in SRO by accidentally strolling through has earned jboots more than someone who spent 12 hours there, then gave up and decided to farm the money for it?

Also, your RMT statement is about as stupid as saying that you should never pay someone cash because you'd be supporting mob money laundering.

Speaker
12-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Sometimes you walk by a spawn and get lucky. So a person camps for 12-hours, no success. Come back and do over, not worth the effort, then I guess you don't want the item bad enough.

MQing not only supports RMT but distorts the economy. MQing is the easy button. Lot of stuff you can farm with little risk. Epics you have to take risk and put in some effort, that's why its called EPIC. I say take out MQing and the what will L-60's do is lame, lot of content out there that is not done by many L-60's because of the risk and fear of dying. It's just too easy to MQ sell for plat and buy the best gear.

Faiding
12-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Sometimes you walk by a spawn and get lucky. So a person camps for 12-hours, no success. Come back and do over, not worth the effort, then I guess you don't want the item bad enough.

MQing not only supports RMT but distorts the economy. MQing is the easy button. Lot of stuff you can farm with little risk. Epics you have to take risk and put in some effort, that's why its called EPIC. I say take out MQing and the what will L-60's do is lame, lot of content out there that is not done by many L-60's because of the risk and fear of dying. It's just too easy to MQ sell for plat and buy the best gear.

Do you even play this game? There's virtually nothing of any value on this server that isn't locked down, let alone not for a "fear of dying". MQ'ing can't be "taken out" of the game. MQ'ing does not "distort" an economy.

As long as something requires a resource to produce (in this case, time spent preparing/camping MQ items) and is in a competitive market (other people are able to do it as well and pricing is regulated) then it does not impose a significant threat to an economy.

Ravager
12-14-2014, 09:24 PM
In the context of eq "earn" does indeed equal poopsocking most of the time. Deal with it.

Maybe if you're an idiot.

Alanus
12-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Epic quest did have a level 51 minimum. I remember that

Also, IIRC, 9th ring quest was:
1. Get a box
2. Combine 6 traitor dorf heads in said box
3. Turn combined heads + 8th ring in to get 9th ring

So you could MQ it IF you had the 8th ring. You can definitely MQ the 8th ring, though, then MQ the 9th ring.

Also, people are now buying seahorse scales? Crap, I vendored most of them from my Kedge days...

Whirled
12-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Wasn't some 45 or 46 to start tho? I also remember some level requirement

Alanus
12-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Wasn't some 45 or 46 to start tho? I also remember some level requirement

Yep, 51 I think. And from what I remember hearing, you couldn't finish it until 51, either.

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 03:02 PM

haha you crazy

sox7d
12-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Why did the Devs of EQ create the "no drop" attribute?

Daldaen
12-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Yep, 51 I think. And from what I remember hearing, you couldn't finish it until 51, either.

Mostly all hearsay and rumors.

During classic no one was getting their low level Alts epics because they didn't have time with rapid releases of expansions and always things to do on their mains.

It wasn't until later when people got bored and mobs got easier that people did epics for twinks commonly. The paladin/mage ones required 46+ cause they were in the planes. But plenty of others were doable on lower level toons.

I can't think of a single other quest until Velious where level is checked for completion. This is because EQ quests didn't have that level of sophistication until later on. Same deal with race or class.

Classic-Kunark quests should only check your faction. That's it.

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Why did the Devs of EQ create the "no drop" attribute?

Id say for alter planes, but plenty of quest items were no drop before then. What I think is strange, is how some items arnt no drop from the alter planes.. thats what I always wonder.

Doors
12-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Should disable MQ'ing on blue. Would crush their RMTers markets and open things up for people that aren't neckbearding 24/7.

Lictor
12-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Should disable MQ'ing on blue. Would crush their RMTers markets and open things up for people that aren't neckbearding 24/7.

On top of these benefits, it would also promote a more classic feel of Everquest which seems to be the point of the server creation over massive exploiting of unintended bugs in 1999 code.

Glenzig
12-15-2014, 05:52 PM
On top of these benefits, it would also promote a more classic feel of Everquest which seems to be the point of the server creation over massive exploiting of unintended bugs in 1999 code.

And there was never seen a level 1 rogue in the whole of Norath from that day forward.

Faiding

Yeah. Just find the MQ switch and set it to the "off" position. :rolleyes:

The point of this server isn't to "feel" like classic EverQuest. It is to be as mechanically and technically close to classic EQ as possible. That includes the good and the bad, and does not differentiate between things that organically make it "feel" less classic... like how I have personal experience killing Vulak`aerr even though Velious hasn't been released.

In other words, it's an easier and more feasible goal for the devs to emulate the technical mechanics of the original game, rather than to modify them because of the impacts from an unquantifiable externality.

iruinedyourday

ether that or everything that you ever wanted to camp would be blocked forever and all eternity. Becareful what you wish for.

never seen MQ been a problem ever.

Glenzig
12-15-2014, 06:04 PM
ether that or everything that you ever wanted to camp would be blocked forever and all eternity. Becareful what you wish for.

never seen MQ been a problem ever.

But wait. That's the problem that MQing is causing right now. Since people can profit from it, they have the camps locked down for large portions of time. How would removing MQing make this worse?

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 06:13 PM
But wait. That's the problem that MQing is causing right now. Since people can profit from it, they have the camps locked down for large portions of time. How would removing MQing make this worse?

Becuse most casuals camp items. and items are open becuse there is more lucrative wierd MQ mobs to camp.

take those away and every casual camp is going to be perma camped.

casuals that are qqing now will be REKT

Glenzig
12-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Becuse most casuals camp items. and items are open becuse there is more lucrative wierd MQ mobs to camp.

take those away and every casual camp is going to be perma camped.

casuals that are qqing now will be REKT

Wait what is a casual camp? Cause last time I was on blue, anything that was worth anything was being camped. You have people in their 20's farming Lfay sisters. OOT gargoyles are always locked down. What are you referring to specifically?

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 06:20 PM
last time I was on blue, anything that was worth anything was being camped.

oh cool, lets reduce the number of camps by 50-60%... thats going to make it GREAT on blue.

Tameth
12-15-2014, 06:20 PM
killed Tranix this morning. he was up for at least 5 hours. pras MQ

Glenzig
12-15-2014, 06:24 PM
oh cool, lets reduce the number of camps by 50-60%... thats going to make it GREAT on blue.

50-60%? What are you even saying?

Lictor
12-15-2014, 06:26 PM
In other words, it's an easier and more feasible goal for the devs to emulate the technical mechanics of the original game, rather than to modify them because of the impacts from an unquantifiable externality.

While this may be true, I have zero knowledge of programming, there are numerous examples of p99 deviating from the original script to cater to the player base. AC spawn in sro and the current raid scene are the first two that come to mind and most recently posted about in the channel.

It seems there are no qualms changing things outside of the 'classic' rule set when it benefits the whole and/or a solution to a problem. As this thread has pointed out, there is a strong argument MQ is or is becoming a major problem.

I guess the point of the previous post was to do away with MQ would not be a shocker to the community as a whole, and as an added benefit it brings a more classic feel.

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 06:28 PM
50-60%? What are you even saying?

ugh dude.. i dont know the fucking numbers but jesus...

say there are 20 MQ camps and 20 item drop camps.. and you say everything is camped already

TAKE AWAY 20 of those 40 camps.. WHAT MATH DOES HAPPEN!?!?!

i swear to god, stop trolling me glenizig ur like kaga sometimes.

Glenzig
12-15-2014, 06:29 PM
When people petition over left goblin ears. Your server may have bigger issues than MQ.

Glenzig
12-15-2014, 06:29 PM

say there are 20 MQ camps and 20 item drop camps.. and you say everything is camped already

I'll just go kill myself now. :(

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 06:30 PM
I'll just go kill myself now. :(

http://www.american-buddha.com/ghostbust.57a.gif

Lictor
12-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Look here! Left gobo ears is serious business! How else are raiding guild suppose to level up alt#29 before ae chardok pulls?

Iumuno
12-15-2014, 07:22 PM

I'm pretty sure a significant portion of the MQ business comes from RMT schemes. This server stinks of it. Going quickly from the current exchange rate, you need big ticket items to make a living. Which means epic MQ, fungis, tranix crowns and maybe a few other things.By locking away some of the supply available, they also create a market for their products, which probably has the domino effect of forcing legitimate players down the food chain of available camps.

If you remove MQing, the RMTers really have not much to fall back on and will have to find real jobs, which will free up the epic camps, which may open up content for legitimate players, and free up the lower tier camps.

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm pretty sure a significant portion of the MQ business comes from RMT schemes. This server stinks of it. Going quickly from the current exchange rate, you need big ticket items to make a living. Which means epic MQ, fungis, tranix crowns and maybe a few other things.By locking away some of the supply available, they also create a market for their products, which probably has the domino effect of forcing legitimate players down the food chain of available camps.

If you remove MQing, the RMTers really have not much to fall back on and will have to find real jobs, which will free up the epic camps, which may open up content for legitimate players, and free up the lower tier camps.

Lol no. You live in a fantasy world.

Iumuno
12-15-2014, 07:26 PM

And for reasons of your own, you're arguing in bad faith.

Lictor
12-15-2014, 07:27 PM

If you play as much as you post in what 9 months from joining the server? I'd say you are the one living in a fantasy world compared to others who can't devote all their time to an emulator.

Faiding
12-15-2014, 07:31 PM
While this may be true, I have zero knowledge of programming, there are numerous examples of p99 deviating from the original script to cater to the player base. AC spawn in sro and the current raid scene are the first two that come to mind and most recently posted about in the channel.

It seems there are no qualms changing things outside of the 'classic' rule set when it benefits the whole and/or a solution to a problem. As this thread has pointed out, there is a strong argument MQ is or is becoming a major problem.

I guess the point of the previous post was to do away with MQ would not be a shocker to the community as a whole, and as an added benefit it brings a more classic feel.

The ability to MQ is an unintentional byproduct of the way the original quest system was designed. It is technically an exploit/bug, and Sony stated that they would not honor requests for items lost because of an MQ.

To put this into perspective, if it was not feasible for Sony's developers to "fix" (larger team, paid, full time), then it is certainly not feasible for P99 devs (a few guys' side project).

The "fix" Sony opted for was to design FUTURE quests so that their mechanics prevented MQing. An example is hidden character flags, which the old (and current P99) structure doesn't support as far as I know.

TL;DR: MQing isn't going anywhere.

skipdog
12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm pretty sure a significant portion of the MQ business comes from RMT schemes.

I just want to point out that I totally disagree with this part of your post. I just know so many people in-game who regularly do MQs and sell them for plat that they actually spend on things.

I just think your assumption is totally off the mark.

Lictor
12-15-2014, 07:36 PM
The ability to MQ is an unintentional byproduct of the way the original quest system was designed. It is technically an exploit/bug, and Sony stated that they would not honor requests for items lost because of an MQ.

To put this into perspective, if it was not feasible for Sony's developers to "fix" (larger team, paid, full time), then it is certainly not feasible for P99 devs (a few guys' side project).

The "fix" Sony opted for was to design FUTURE quests so that their mechanics prevented MQing. An example is hidden character flags, which the old (and current P99) structure doesn't support as far as I know.

TL;DR: MQing isn't going anywhere.

Fair enough. If it is not fixable, perhaps alternative measures could be put into place to Alieveate current problems. I have no idea how this would be done, but perhaps down the line someone smarter than I am can explore this option.

SamwiseRed
12-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Fair enough. If it is not fixable, perhaps alternative measures could be put into place to Alieveate current problems. I have no idea how this would be done, but perhaps down the line someone smarter than I am can explore this option.

mq didnt work originally here. they coded it in because "classic." look at patch notes youll see quests become MQable with each one.

Iumuno
12-15-2014, 07:38 PM
I just want to point out that I totally disagree with this part of your post. I just know so many people in-game who regularly do MQs and sell them for plat that they actually spend on things.

I just think your assumption is totally off the mark.

To clear it up, I didn't imply that all MQs or even a majority of it ended up being RMTed. "Significant portion" doesn't mean "every single MQ".

iruinedyourday
12-15-2014, 07:48 PM
To clear it up, I didn't imply that all MQs or even a majority of it ended up being RMTed. "Significant portion" doesn't mean "every single MQ".

are you psycic? or are you a RMT'er? or do you know RMT'ers and hate them but dont turn them? or are you making all of it up?

ClubnRed
12-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Come to red, leave this junk behind.

kaev
12-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Come to red, leave this junk behind.

Oh yes, go to Red. Did you know that on Red not only does their shit not stink, they don't even have assholes! Red is like old-school Garden of Eden, not only is there no evil on Red, there aren't even any women there to bring evil into the world!!! Red isn't merely the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh give me a home where the griefernerds roam
Where zonepluggers and fungitwinks play
Where seldom is heard an original word
And globalchat fills with umad all day

Home, Home on the Red

Jaxon
12-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Home, Home on the Red

A refrain for the ages. Bravo, sir! Bravo!

Stormfists
12-16-2014, 06:03 AM
How else would the neckbeards pay moms basement rent if not for MQ's?

Suppose we could always ban boxing but allow MQ fungi soloists never need to group until 50.

d3RP

hammertime7795
12-16-2014, 07:08 AM
How else would the neckbeards pay moms basement rent if not for MQ's?

Suppose we could always ban boxing but allow MQ fungi soloists never need to group until 50.

d3RP

Apparently someone is upset that they cant afford an mq and a fungi. Its pretty tough even twinked to the gills for classes like rogues and warriors to solo to 50. Where as a naked necro can solo to 60 with ease. So I guess we should ban necros, enchanters, magi, wizards, druids and shaman because they can all solo to 60 with little or no gear.

Stormfists
12-16-2014, 07:57 AM
We should ban necros, enchanters, magi, wizards, druids and shaman because they can all solo to 60 with little or no gear.

+1 quadrillion.

Lets make babies.

Glenzig
12-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Oh yes, go to Red. Did you know that on Red not only does their shit not stink, they don't even have assholes! Red is like old-school Garden of Eden, not only is there no evil on Red, there aren't even any women there to bring evil into the world!!! Red isn't merely the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home, Home on the Red

I just want to know one thing. How long have you had that typed up and ready to paste over from MS Word?

Whirled
12-16-2014, 09:37 AM

Home, Home on the Red

A deceased friend of mine would always change lyrics to already established songs. The end results were at times questionable but others it was side splitting laughter for everyone. Music is a language every living thing can appreciate so A+ imo.

kaev
12-16-2014, 11:55 AM
I just want to know one thing. How long have you had that typed up and ready to paste over from MS Word?

Typed it on the fly as soon as I thought of it*. The redites have been polluting threads here so long that I won't be surprised if my unconscious has a few more bits of mild amusement at their expense waiting for the right moment to bubble up.

(*) I did pull up the "official" Boy Scouts of America song lyric to use as a template. I recommend against doing that btw, the lyrics to other verses are even more insipid and vomit-worthy than the first.

Mortiis
12-17-2014, 01:09 AM

This. Correct on all accounts.

Mortiis
12-17-2014, 01:14 AM
lets all be clear here, its 15 years later and people are still breaking mez.

Had to laugh at this one..

Mortiis
12-17-2014, 01:38 AM
If you're casual and complaining about MQing, you're a self-hating casual. Real casuals shouldn't give a crap what more hardcore folks are doing - at all.

The smartest point made in this thread. Period. I don't give a bats ass what they do. If that is how they want to spend their weeks/weekends then by all means epeen away with the magical EQ pixel pill. Check EC.. I don't see the mid-level auctions getting any less frequent so obviously people are still enjoying the game. I still enjoy the hell out of the game rolling casually. I guarantee there are still zones and places in zones everyone has yet to explore and discover.

-And don't forget to look outside your window, tons of actual life shit goes on. Give it a whirl.

SamwiseRed
12-17-2014, 02:48 AM
In the spirit of classic Everquest, please revert the ability to MQ epics. the lord has spoken on such matters.

http://i.imgur.com/AykNDlt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0MDiy.jpg

didnt think he would respond. this was before the pantheon demise was a thing. sent it so fast there are spelling and grammer errors. oh well.

level 10s not supposed to have epics. remove MQ!

Cobretti
12-17-2014, 03:37 AM
i talk to brad on facebook all the time, guy is so down to earth its amazing with his insight on issues still ongoing 15 yrs later with eq

Aviann
12-17-2014, 03:39 AM
didnt think he would respond. this was before the pantheon demise was a thing. sent it so fast there are spelling and grammer errors. oh well.

level 10s not supposed to have epics. remove MQ!

Well damn!

ClubnRed
12-17-2014, 10:23 AM

Home, Home on the Red

Got about 2 sentences done before i stoppped reading.

like i said, come to red.

captnamazing
12-17-2014, 08:42 PM
just be ready for a poop sock