PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Disease Cloud not breaking Rapture

Weta
12-12-2014, 10:10 PM
One of the primary tricks to avoid getting rapture'd as many classes is to dot yourself before engaging with an enchanter. On live disease cloud would 100% break raptures with no grey areas.

On here there seems to be some sort of issue when you are raptured that sometimes disease cloud will work, and rapture will break, and other times you will just sit stuck with rapture on you, even with the disease cloud ticking.

I'm not sure there is another dot in the game with as low damage per tick as disease cloud, and I've never had a disease cloud I've casted on another player not work, only self casted ones, but is possible this issue could affect other dots.

I imagine it is a fairly easy to reproduce bug if you mess with it enough. The situation i had tonight went like this.

I zone away from an enchanter - disease cloud myself while he is zoning.
He zones over, raptures me. Cloud does NOT break my rapture.
I have a guildmate show up and begin to fight in the same zone, I disease cloud him to prevent rapture.
A few minutes later he is raptured by the same player - Disease cloud DOES break his rapture.

I have logs of the encounter but i don't imagine they would be terribly useful.

meatspin
12-13-2014, 05:45 AM
Did you have regen or some type of heal over time up before you got raptured? I've seen the same problem and now click off regen before a fight if there is an enchanter around.

Weta
12-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Did you have regen or some type of heal over time up before you got raptured? I've seen the same problem and now click off regen before a fight if there is an enchanter around.

Intentionally removed fungi(for additional MR) and had no casted regen buff in this case. I believe the first time i had it happen i had my fungi on. but the incident yesterday i definitely did not.

baalzy
12-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Any chance you were runed / skinned of some kind? I believe those could prevent a DoT from waking you up.

Thyrm
12-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Any chance you were runed / skinned of some kind? I believe those could prevent a DoT from waking you up.

Runes and skins only affect direct damage spells... so that shouldn't be the cause.