PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Question about Resist Debuffs

SamwiseRed
12-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Root resists seem to working with high enough MR however people are reporting that after tashed/malod they are being rooted with over 120+ MR. Can we get a confirmation that our displayed MR are the actual values. People are speculating that the current debuffs (tash/malo) are actually bringing our MR a lot lower than what is displayed. I have no idea how we could test this on our side. I am hoping there is a quick and easy way to test this on the dev box. Thanks.

Bazia
12-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Before Tash:

http://i.imgur.com/NrrHP7M.jpg?1

After Tash:

http://i.imgur.com/9kn2bxK.jpg?1

Colgate
12-15-2014, 04:45 PM
haynar confirmed that debuffs have a +100% bonus that isn't being shown in the client values

so tash is doing -78 MR instead of -39, malosini is doing -120 mr/fr/cr/pr instead of -60, etc.

SamwiseRed
12-15-2014, 05:15 PM
shouldnt debuffs have a 150% bonus though? or 1.5 times their pve value. or you saying its doing 200% (double) which in that case ya its broke. still bazia resisting all those fetters after being tashed maybe evidence its fixed? alecta said resist changes could be made without a patch and without a restart.

Colgate
12-15-2014, 05:46 PM
if you want it to be classic, the +50% bonus doesn't come out until velious anyway

but the amount of gear that people have isn't classic atm so +50% should really be in right now anyway

+100% is just too much with how high the threshold for immunity to CC spells is right now

Burgerking
12-15-2014, 05:56 PM
if you want it to be classic, the +50% bonus doesn't come out until velious anyway

but the amount of gear that people have isn't classic atm so +50% should really be in right now anyway

+100% is just too much with how high the threshold for immunity to CC spells is right now

Yea 50% would make you totally immune to every spell come velious, with debuffs, sounds like a T-staff monks paradise.

But how would you know what's right you never played classic EQ. You shouldn't be on these forums discussing classic Eq you were 6 years old during classic.

Infectious
12-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Yea 50% would make you totally immune to every spell come velious, with debuffs, sounds like a T-staff monks paradise.

But how would you know what's right you never played classic EQ. You shouldn't be on these forums discussing classic Eq you were 6 years old during classic.

Melee raped it once you had resists. Dont act like malo(resisted 100% over 120) or tash was doin anything, cause none of the top pvpers were shamans or enchanters. Your argument of how we been in kunark 3 years and everyone has best gear, shouldnt revamp a whole resist system.

Bottom line... If you had resists you were wreckin shit. I was 2nd best geared warrior from kunark to luclin on tz and wasnt a top notch pvper and still would roll through groups.