PDA

View Full Version : Spells: why i cant pvp on a red server

Isoroku
12-16-2014, 05:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aiB9x2p.jpg

wish i could have taken a SS of what followed next but i was blind. so logs will have to do.

[Tue Dec 16 04:05:34 2014] You feel very vulnerable.

This spell is a shaman spell Malosini it reduces MR by 70, it landed first try with 152mr bringing me down to around 80mr, commence roots and blinds.

[Tue Dec 16 04:05:39 2014] Your feet slow down.
[Tue Dec 16 04:05:39 2014] Your feet adhere to the ground.
[Tue Dec 16 04:05:39 2014] You resist the Flash of Light spell!
[Tue Dec 16 04:05:45 2014] Your feet come free.
[Tue Dec 16 04:05:45 2014] Your feet adhere to the ground.
[Tue Dec 16 04:05:45 2014] You are blinded by a flash of light.

and dead. end of story really, malosini landing as if it is the unresistable version and doing -70mr.

break with tradition of leaving broken patches on red server and just take the server down until its fixed or can be reverted to old. I feel like we'd lose less pop. also you are giving free reign to any kind of guild that is member heavy and making it so other guilds can't compete. the guild with #'s has a huge advantage.

Isoroku
12-16-2014, 05:37 AM
This reminds me of when Red Dawn was getting together and the staff removed the exp bonus, gutting there guild.

in essence you are gutting God's Work, we were just getting started had our feet half way in and this shit has gutted our ability to progress. most of my members have quit.

God's Work headed the way of Red Dawn and we didnt even get pvp'd off by holo we got pvp'd by staff. lol.

I'm not saying blaming you for the broken patch, but what we should evaluate here is that leaving the server up your allowing one guild to progress while the other one has to not log in.

Bazia
12-16-2014, 06:18 AM
So you're mad you attempted to 1v10 on a rogue, allowed yourself to get both tashed + malo'd and then were CC'd

Not being able 1v10 with zero risk is a problem?

Bazia
12-16-2014, 06:30 AM
I also don't see how your ability to not 1v10 is preventing your guild from leveling/gearing

Widan
12-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Maybe you guys are unaware but Haynar patched in +100% bonus to debuffs with the last patch, and it does not show up client side. He said he was going to bring this back down to classic values of +50% but it hasn't been patched in yet.

What this means for debuffs:

Malo -90
Malosini -120
Tashanian -78

So right now if you get hit with a Malosini you are for sure going to be fucked, and most likely fucked if hit by the others. In your example above Malosini brought you down to 32 MR, it just doesn't show that value on the client.

Bazia
12-16-2014, 08:15 AM
He was tashed and malo'd so yaw def fucked, why he attacked 1v10 against a shaman/enchanter/8 others and expected it to go well is hard to understand.

Widan
12-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Oh since he was tashani'd and his client showed 152 after, I guess he was at 129, then Malosini brought him to 9. Again client values are completely meaningless so stop trying to use them as proof.

Widan
12-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Also after another patch goes in and its back down to +50% it's still going to be:

Malo -68
Malosini -90
Tashanian -59
Tashani -35

So if you get tashed and maloed it's still a dirt nap.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Lol

You understand the absurdity of posting this, right?

Lasher
12-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Rootedforeverquest

Daldaen
12-16-2014, 09:49 AM
I think the real bug here is your UI.

Did you buy those spell gem icons with station cash?

If we had classic UIs with a single hotbar page and a single chatbox, man would this be a better set of boxes.

But seriously, why do people keep posting this? Haynar already said he made changes for next patch on this very topic.

Widan
12-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Well to be fair, even though this thread was posted by someone with a complete misunderstanding of how things are working currently, +100% to debuffs is pretty game breaking, so one would think an emergency patch would go in instead of waiting for the next one.

Isoroku
12-16-2014, 11:07 AM
think you guys are missing the point, with 152 mr i got malosini'd first go. which is supposed to be an incredbily resistant spell.

Daldaen
12-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Looking at your screenshot you had Tashani first.

Which would put your actual MR at around 113, if I'm not mistaken? And you mention you were blinded are you sure it wasn't Malo, the unresistable version? They give the same "you feel uncomfortable" text.

Widan
12-16-2014, 11:45 AM
It was just the lvl 20 Tash on him, edited my post on the previous page to reflect that.

I'm assuming you started at 175 MR Agatha? While you're client said you were at 152 after Tash, you were actually at 129. Then when you got Malosini'd you would have been at 9 MR, but your client would have showed 92. Remember to take into consideration the level of the Shaman casting the spell as well, certainly someone 57-59 is going to have an easier time of landing a spell on you.

Though you're still posting without understanding that the client does not take into consideration the +100% debuff bonus, it is only calculated server side.

Haynar
12-16-2014, 12:03 PM
So a solo rogue cant go take out a group?

Sounds like it is working pretty well. Might be a bit excessive on debuffs and CC landing too easy. Thats why tweaks are coming. Trying against anymore big changes.

And the population numbers on red dont lie. Population is improving. Rogues are no longer the gods of pvp.

Deal with it.

H

Crazycloud
12-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Is it possible to test these new changes on beta velious server Hayner?

Or are they not added there yet?

Nirgon
12-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Population is improving. A single rogue can no longer prevent an entire group from xping.

Deal with it.

H

I hear his complaints though. Tash + malise + resist magic being stripped should put him in the maybe get rooted territory. But at his gear level, definitely not in blind territory. Blind/whirl were resistable at barely any MR for a reason, they're a death sentence especially in mass pvp.

Tweaks commin' sounds good. Take your time though! I'm sure next time you say changes are ready to go on beta we'll get much more interest testing =).

SamwiseRed
12-16-2014, 02:07 PM

Sounds like it is working pretty well. Might be a bit excessive on debuffs and CC landing too easy. Thats why tweaks are coming. Trying against anymore big changes.

And the population numbers on red dont lie. Population is improving. Rogues are no longer the gods of pvp.

Deal with it.

H

http://i43.tinypic.com/2qtajc4.gif

Isoroku
12-16-2014, 02:32 PM

H

it was just fatality(sk) farmmbo (chanter) and shambo(sk)

honestly its perfectly reasonable to expect to escape with a BIS rogue. and not be rooted and blinded. But this is not what im arguing about.

what is wrong with this server is that it up, and or the old patch has not been put back onto the server while the kinks are worked out with the new.

red has a really storied history of leaving broken things on the server for months. change the cycle.

JackFlash
12-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Didn't you already apologize for haynar for whining in your other thread....now you're asking for the server to be taken down?

Raev
12-16-2014, 03:14 PM
+100% for debuffs in PVP is probably too much.

That said, I don't understand what your problem is. You were dispelled, tashed, maloed, and then they had their way with you. It sounds like maybe casters are finally good for something in mass PVP other than free YT. And why is some rogue running in while invulnerable to all CC, popping duellist and blowing up some poor robe and zoning some sort of amazing thing for the server?

Isoroku
12-16-2014, 03:46 PM
I had tashani : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=677

it's a 37mr debuff, then malosini landed with 152mr, even with a 100% modifier that brings me down to 130 something MR, malosini still shouldn't land.

again though, this not about the resists, everyone knows they are broken. What should be done is the server brought down or put the old patch until its fixed, not continue with the trend of leaving broken patches on the red server.

Ragnaros
12-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Fix plz

Ele
12-16-2014, 04:47 PM
I think the real bug here is your UI.

Ragnaros
12-16-2014, 08:34 PM
rereading this it makes sense you got cc'd with malo and tash because that should be the sign to instant plug, but ya I agree just tash though makes it ridiculous with the debuff bonus % considering its a 2 second cast and basically makes u immune to resisting root, idk just annoying when you are facing multiple people

Mac Drettj
12-16-2014, 09:47 PM
it was just fatality(sk) farmmbo (chanter) and shambo(sk)

honestly its perfectly reasonable to expect to escape with a BIS rogue. and not be rooted and blinded. But this is not what im arguing about.

Who casted the Malisini?

Glenzig_
12-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Halp my name is agatha i post rants in server chat i dont get banned i rmt account share steal lie and do drugs but now you should listen to me

just kidding!!!

Isoroku
12-17-2014, 03:56 AM
Who casted the Malisini?

woops shambo is the shaman, also he's in ur guild how do u not know who shambo is.

Glenzig_
12-17-2014, 04:01 AM
Ban OP for posting rants outside RNF and staff abuse and sarcasm plus average uncircumcised dick

Nirgon
12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Looks like the dead horse is getting a break from its schedule beating

In other news we got a mega patch with a few small issues to tie up

Inb4 red never gets any attention (super dead argument as of recent events)

Pikrib
12-19-2014, 04:14 PM
I had tashani : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=677

it's a 37mr debuff, then malosini landed with 152mr, even with a 100% modifier that brings me down to 130 something MR, malosini still shouldn't land.

again though, this not about the resists, everyone knows they are broken. What should be done is the server brought down or put the old patch until its fixed, not continue with the trend of leaving broken patches on the red server.

Debuffs are doubled atm which should be getting fixed next patch so...

Your starting MR should have been 185

Tashani landed which brought your MR -66 only -33 was visible

After tashani your actual client side MR was 119

Malosini landed by a higer lvl shaman -120 MR

Ending actual client side MR was -1 MR

You should be able to root, blind, whirl someone at -1 MR

Shaman probably should have had to cast malo than malosini to get malosini to land, but it was a higher lvl shaman therefore easier to land, and Malosini seems to land way too often.

Nirgon
12-19-2014, 04:50 PM
It lands too often because of the custom scaling code that higher level versions will land more

Isoroku
12-20-2014, 03:42 AM
cant believe i only made this post 4 days ago and have already completely quit red99 lol.

anyways, entirely way to long for a server to remain broken. take the server down until it can be patched.

this patch just made it so only 1 guild is at end game on red99, again.

Infectious
12-20-2014, 05:28 PM
cant believe i only made this post 4 days ago and have already completely quit red99 lol.

anyways, entirely way to long for a server to remain broken. take the server down until it can be patched.

Why every post/thread you make is constant crying and knocking staff. You had tash+malo and you dont think you should have had root or blind land? Malo landed cause you were tashed. Now once tash hit, you pumice the tash and resist the malo its a different outcome. But you go tunnel vision, get tashed and malo and now butt hurt you died?
Pumice, pumice, pumice and mother fucking pumice. Malo eats alot of mana, pumice takes none? Pumice!!!!

Daldaen
12-20-2014, 05:55 PM
How do you pumice a tash on red? Is it so unclassic that this is possible? They really removed the poison counters on tash so that you don't need poison cure clickies?

Colgate
12-20-2014, 06:06 PM
How do you pumice a tash on red? Is it so unclassic that this is possible? They really removed the poison counters on tash so that you don't need poison cure clickies?

tash can only be removed with cure poison effects

Slathar
12-20-2014, 06:45 PM
im having fun with pvp on red99, its a fun place to play and enjoy everquest with friends

dustysr06
12-22-2014, 02:34 AM
terrible argument here due to circumstances but I do agree the debuff bonus is incredibly game changing, and would ask a question because I am not too familiar with end game pvp pre-patch...

Before this patch (with normal tash/malo) if someone with 185 MR(this is probably gimping yourself quite a bit, lets be honest) were to get tash + malo'd would they not still have a chance to be rooted?
--I can recall getting rooted by yellow+ cons with ~140 MR, on seldom occasions (but still often enough for the person to try rather than nuke) while leveling up (pre-patch obvi)

Seems to me right now roots are landing with pretty much certainty on tash + malo targets, even using lower level versions of the spells- and the fact blind and/or whirl are landing at all on someone that's not naked and blue con seems incredibly broken

I feel like the level of the spell should play a part in its 'effectiveness' and spamming lvl 1-9 spells in 55+ end-game pvp seems silly
---is this classic tho? idunno^

Smedy
12-22-2014, 07:12 AM

as much as i respect that you're trying to do "the right thing" you were in nihilum for over 2 years enjoying uncontested pixels and did not once cry about it then, and rumor has it you've tried to join holocaust as well.

dirty whistle is dirty

Pikrib
12-22-2014, 09:41 AM
as much as i respect that you're trying to do "the right thing" you were in nihilum for over 2 years enjoying uncontested pixels and did not once cry about it then, and rumor has it you've tried to join holocaust as well.

dirty whistle is dirty

I think he was online yesterday killin Holocaust on Portahoe during the Ragefire pvp. Holocaust is welcoming to any dirty whistle, GUI hacking, scumbag, lowest of the low maggot, so I think he would have been guilded by now if he apped.

Nirgon
12-22-2014, 01:12 PM
We do have a black list and give almost everyone 1 chance

Quit clogging up the important threads doe

Samsung
12-24-2014, 10:16 AM
We do have a black list and give almost everyone 1 chance

Quit clogging up the important threads doe

Never got my chance bro's, still waiting on my holo tag.