PDA

View Full Version : Those of you bored with 3 years of Kunark

Itap
12-19-2014, 09:45 PM
I've rolled a new alt (Barbarian) for the 30th time and have decided to stick to everfrost, BB, Karanas. I have never leveled in these zones during here nor live, and it feels like a new game. I've had a ton of fun, and encourage those who have done the freeport>EC>Oasis>Loio>OT route to try something new.

Try leveling in new zones, even if it's not the fastest way to level.

Buhbuh
12-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Also Red99 is new and different. Try it out.

Itap
12-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Also Red99 is new and different. Try it out.

Who says this character was started on blue? :p

Telin
12-19-2014, 10:06 PM
I always enjoyed rathe mountains in late 30s.

Itap
12-19-2014, 10:13 PM
I always enjoyed rathe mountains in late 30s.

I plan on doing this, another zone that I have barely played in

loramin
12-19-2014, 10:33 PM
I think this is a really great recommendation for everyone, even if you aren't rolling your 30th alt. I "grew up" in the Qeynos/Everfrost area, and I've tended to bring my alts up there too. Recently though I started a Halfling alt, and forced myself to try new zones (well, except for South Karana; that zone is just too wonderful for a druid to pass up). It's been a ton of fun learning about little aspects of zones I thought I knew, even if it's just something small like learning the goblin camps and wandering named goblins in Misty Thicket.

+1 OP's sentiment!

Itap
12-19-2014, 10:37 PM
I think this is a really great recommendation for everyone, even if you aren't rolling your 30th alt. I "grew up" in the Qeynos/Everfrost area, and I've tended to bring my alts up there too. Recently though I started a Halfling alt, and forced myself to try new zones (well, except for South Karana; that zone is just too wonderful for a druid to pass up). It's been a ton of fun learning about little aspects of zones I thought I knew, even if it's just something small like learning the goblin camps and wandering named goblins in Misty Thicket.

+1 OP's sentiment!

Exactly. Learning the various bandit camps in West Karana has been a lot of fun, even after almost dying from half elf wizards once or twice :p

kotton05
12-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Not only is that fun. It's cool to gear up a toon off the drops you get yourself.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-19-2014, 11:20 PM
+1 OP. I just started an Iksar necro. It's the first time I've levelled in fob and kurns.

Had a great time.

Nuggie
12-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Never played on a red before. Never played an iksar before, never played a sham before. I'm in for a whole new experience.

iruinedyourday
12-20-2014, 02:19 AM
When I first came here, to p99, I did exactly this! it was my whole reason for being here.. First I played a Bard. The class that 15 years ago i just didnt know what the hell they were or what they did... then I weint directly to Qhills at level 7, having never leveled in the area ever. I made it all the way to my high teens, like 18 or 19 before I went on a quest for a full set of Bronze armor.

A full set of bronze armor was the most epic thing I had ever seen 15 years ago, and its been a dream since then to have a set of level approprite full bronze.

So off to Unrest I went to get my derps!!!

I managed to start posting here (and obviously never stopped) http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148980 and was able to get a full set of bronze! some drops, some hand outs from nice people, and a couple purchased off of merchants i scowered from coast to coast.

Playing this way was so great! Ill never forget those first days, I met this awesome family that would all play together, and we leveld for a few nights.

http://media.tumblr.com/9a59e1aedd2614484b63758d52b7f261/tumblr_inline_n4r7meV2Cd1sa6vlt.gif

After spending time in Unrest and such, I died and forgot to bind.. this awesome guy Donruss saved me and took me all the way back...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/CR.gif

classic feels were all up over the place!

Itap
12-20-2014, 07:46 AM
+1 OP. I just started an Iksar necro. It's the first time I've levelled in fob and kurns.

Had a great time.

Nice! I suggest you stick to off-the-path zones as you level up, such as swamp of no hope, Warsliks woods, and try to get some groups together for some dungeon crawling in kaesora etc.

Discovering zones you thought you knew may spark some excitement back into your EQ life :p

Swish
12-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Not promoting red except to say that it happened on red... but I've recently started a druid there and been duoing in the Qeynos/Karanas areas. Really it's been an area I've avoided my whole EQ career because I've always known the Gfay/EC type quests so well and always enjoyed Field of Bone as a 1-20 area.

Suddenly when you're spending 15 minutes in South Qeynos looking for the damn bank and going in circles getting mad over something so trivial you start to remember why EQ was so fun the first month you ever played it ;)

Would definitely try new areas, step out of your comfort zone <3

webrunner5
12-21-2014, 07:03 AM
I think this is a really great recommendation for everyone, even if you aren't rolling your 30th alt. I "grew up" in the Qeynos/Everfrost area, and I've tended to bring my alts up there too.

The reason you "grew up" in the Qeynos/Everfrost area" is when the game started years ago you could not get the hell out of there. :D

Larkverdin
12-21-2014, 12:03 PM

Had a great time.

I did the same thing with an iksar monk. Played a druid my entire 6 year career on Live, which was a blast. I didn't want to risk spoiling good memories so I decided to try something new. I never knew what I was missing in Kunark back in the day, it's great fun to be suprised by this wonderful game even after all these years.

webrunner5
12-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeah I started a Iksar SK when Kunark first came out and played it to like level 28. I wondered why it took me what seemed like 6 months to do it, and it probably did lol. :eek: Had no clue about the 68% XP penalty and I am sure not many others did either. Ouch. :p

Itap
12-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Yeah I started a Iksar SK when Kunark first came out and played it to like level 28. I wondered why it took me what seemed like 6 months to do it, and it probably did lol. :eek: Had no clue about the 68% XP penalty and I am sure not many others did either. Ouch. :p

Back then, it wasn't a race to get to 60, at least not for most. People were busy having fun and discovering new things. I remember having like a lvl 9 magician for 2 months just exploring and dying lol