PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Malo lines overwriting bobbing corpse, DMF?

vouss
12-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Are the mage and shaman malo lines supposed to be overwriting bobbing corpse? And can any necromancers confirm/deny that it's overwriting their DMF?

AND, if it is supposed to be overwriting them, should it be moving to the bottom slot, or occupying the slot BC/DMF were in? Currently its' overwriting the slot my bobbing corpse is in, then if I zone or camp out / in it moves to my top slot. That seems wrong.

Nirgon
12-23-2014, 01:10 PM
iirc it should overwrite resist fire line spells

but definitely not dmf

methinks your buff stack order was bugged and likely would have changed after you zoned(?)

Also your buff stack was likely max buffs... so it over wrote your top most buff... the "bug stacked" dmf

It's Christmas and a dragon's sickness lies on these pixels

vouss
12-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Can 100% confirm any time a malo spell is casted on me it overwites my bobbing corpse, not allowing me to pell it ( I keep my lev burried deep as possible next to SoW) and I cannot recast the spell untill it's been dispelled, which as I've mentioned requires me to either click all my buffs off, camp, or zone.

Has happened multiple times, in many different zones. At this point i've considered using it as a junk buff, as I do have a better chance of living with out lev but being able to pell malo.

Isoroku
12-24-2014, 03:12 AM
enjoy the PVE server

Infectious
12-24-2014, 10:12 AM
enjoy the PVE server
Werent you in nihilum lol? Ya pve server

Mac Drettj
12-24-2014, 01:44 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139964

malo > bobbing corpse

Nirgon
12-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Shit's classic stamp of approval

vouss
12-24-2014, 02:23 PM
god damn

Shouldn't be such a big deal after melee range changes since you can hit people from any height heh sucked though when fighting a levi'd shaman one on one and not being able to levi yourself due to malos.

bigger issues then losing your lev on this server, more like getting chain rooted/blinded with malo 15th slot

Haynar
12-24-2014, 04:03 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139964

malo > bobbing corpse

Busted.

Yep, classic malo malosi line did overwrite bobbing corpse. It did not take out dmf.

Working as intended.

H

Smedy
12-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Busted.

Yep, classic malo malosi line did overwrite bobbing corpse. It did not take out dmf.

Working as intended.

H

how sure are we that logs from 2004 are correct though? they fucked up so much shit between 2001-2004 most people quit by 2002 actually due to how bad shit was

need a high end sk that played during 1999-2001 to come forth and tell us how it was, i was a mage on live and i never ever remember someone losing their levitate from my mala, just sayin

vouss
12-26-2014, 08:20 PM
ok, well if it is the case. Currently it's overwiting my Bobbing Corpse slot, aftwards if I zone, or camp out and load back in, it moves to the top slot. Which is correct?

Haynar
12-27-2014, 12:16 AM
how sure are we that logs from 2004 are correct though? they fucked up so much shit between 2001-2004 most people quit by 2002 actually due to how bad shit was

need a high end sk that played during 1999-2001 to come forth and tell us how it was, i was a mage on live and i never ever remember someone losing their levitate from my mala, just sayin
First time I noticed it was in Crystal Caverns. Bobbing corpse poof gone. Thought it was a dispell doing it. After awhile I figured out what it was. Those damn shaman mobs in there. If you happened to be floating above pit, was tougher to figure out. So I found that if ai got a dmf before going velium farming, then no problem.

Was based on my memories and experience. This stacking issue was at least through PoP that I can remember.

H

Technique
12-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Both Bobbing Corpse and DMF had their poison resist effect in slot 4, same as the malo line.

The likely reason it overwrote BC but not DMF was because the former was only 40 PR (less than all but the L19/24 malise), while the latter was 70 PR (greater than even Malosini).

vouss
12-31-2014, 02:09 PM
BUMP!

should malo cover overwrite my Bobbing Corpse's position in the buff order, or move down to 1st slot? I asked and even Haynar seemed to look over it. It's pretty crucial knowing if I can burry my +40 poison resist buff or if it should be junk status in the 2nd slot.

Also, relevant perhaps

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173491

vouss
01-08-2015, 09:38 AM
BUMP!

should malo cover overwrite my Bobbing Corpse's position in the buff order, or move down to 1st slot? I asked and even Haynar seemed to look over it. It's pretty crucial knowing if I can burry my +40 poison resist buff or if it should be junk status in the 2nd slot.

Technique
01-08-2015, 09:59 AM
I'd think it should follow the same rules that govern re-applying existing buffs, so it'd overwrite and replace BC in the first available slot, leaving a hole in the stack where the latter used to be.

Nirgon
01-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Good point but I think root would overwrite SoW in place and it would follow that.

Will have to look into that. Again, good point :).

Smedy
01-09-2015, 04:18 AM
prepare your anuses sk's go get your levi cloaks heheheh