PDA

View Full Version : True favored race of Cazic-Thule?

Psionide
12-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Now I personally believe the Trolls were the favored race of CT until they must have did something to lose that favor given they were defeated and driven out of their ancestral homeland by the filthy frogs. However, there are a couple other races that were created by CT that claim to hold his highest favor. Is it the slimy lizard men that make Cazic Thule their home? Is it the universally hated Iksar?

Thoughts?

hammertime7795
12-24-2014, 09:14 PM
They were never driven out of their ancestral home! NEVER. Frogs are for killing and eating.

SCB
12-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Erudites of Paineel, brah.

Secrets
12-24-2014, 09:58 PM
From this excerpt, it looks like the Amygdalans are the true masters of fear, with the Iksar being creations of Cazic-Thule. Basically, Amygdalans are what mortals would call the most 'favored' race for their devotion.

http://www.lorelibrary.com/?page=book&bid=264

Psionide
12-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Damn nice that's actually some cool lore. Happen to know which dragon is the winged lizardman? Veeshan?

Agonist
12-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Himself? They were all really into themselves. Except maybe the brother and sister, which were into each other.

Honestly, don't know. I read this stuff on the toilet 15 years ago.

Secrets
12-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Damn nice that's actually some cool lore. Happen to know which dragon is the winged lizardman? Veeshan?

Venekor is the winged lizardman in EQ2 lore. He took over the Temple of Cazic Thule in that era. I don't know of any other fear-relevant dragons, other than maybe some in ToV and VP that can be classified as poisonous. The element of poison is largely associated with fear in EQ1 lore where as disease is more relevant to Bertox followers. I believe magic is what powers hate.

That being said, with some exceptions, most 'dragonkin' in EQ lore identify with Veeshan as their one true creator, with some having devotion to lesser gods in terms of dragonkin. (I'm not actually sure how Nagafen/Vox feel about Veeshan, having made a prismatic dragon capable of destroying her world.)

Veeshan is actually too big to display in 1:1 scale in EverQuest, which is why SOE has never depicted Veeshan ingame.

Pint
12-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Also probably why veeshan was the alpha server of eq1 secrets

Shaniril
12-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Dark Elf obv.

#Teir'DalMasterRace

Vermicelli
12-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Veeshan is actually too big to display in 1:1 scale in EverQuest, which is why SOE has never depicted Veeshan ingame.

Witch dragged her claws across the world and made a whole new continent. For the longest time, I wanted to see some zones that let you fight individual parts of Veeshan, like her left leg which would kick some tail on its own. Eventually, you work your way up to her fearsome head.

But uhh . . . yeah. Iksar and trolls are the critters Cazic Thule made, and he doesn't care which is better. Gods ain't got time for that

Byrjun
12-25-2014, 12:36 PM

Not true, you can see Veeshan in The Void.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1992/1232118-thevoida_veeshan.jpg

Secrets
12-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Not true, you can see Veeshan in The Void.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1992/1232118-thevoida_veeshan.jpg

You can also see stars in the sky irl, despite them being miles away.

webrunner5
12-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Honestly, don't know. I read this stuff on the toilet 15 years ago.

Gee, I thought I was the only perverted one that did that. :o

Herpa Derp
12-26-2014, 07:15 AM
Isn't Veeshan supposed to be multiple times larger than all of Norrath?

Sirken
12-26-2014, 07:45 AM
i was going to come in here with some smart assed comment. but then Secrets went and pwned this thread

not sure if :) or :( about it yet

SamwiseRed
12-26-2014, 02:58 PM
halflings are everyones favored race, even CT

Arteker
12-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Venekor is the winged lizardman in EQ2 lore. He took over the Temple of Cazic Thule in that era. I don't know of any other fear-relevant dragons, other than maybe some in ToV and VP that can be classified as poisonous. The element of poison is largely associated with fear in EQ1 lore where as disease is more relevant to Bertox followers. I believe magic is what powers hate.

That being said, with some exceptions, most 'dragonkin' in EQ lore identify with Veeshan as their one true creator, with some having devotion to lesser gods in terms of dragonkin. (I'm not actually sure how Nagafen/Vox feel about Veeshan, having made a prismatic dragon capable of destroying her world.)

veeshan is dead , u can see her corpse floating in the sky during oow expansion. chek the bard 2,0 lore epic.