PDA

View Full Version : Spells: dispell line should act as beneficial

Lasher
12-27-2014, 09:15 AM
I remember if you dispelled someone with mobs and they zoned or fd the mobs would go onto you

Nirgon
12-27-2014, 09:57 PM
I reckons this is true

Should just be able to test it on live

Crazycloud
12-28-2014, 12:31 PM
^
True story i remember this annoying shit lol.

Haynar
12-28-2014, 08:09 PM
There are some weird things to dispell that I dont know how it should be.

On players, probably as beneficial.

On mobs, should be as detrimental.

Guessing.

My dev PC died, so just getting back up tonight. So might play with some coding later.

H

Lasher
12-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Ah yiss

Haynar
12-28-2014, 10:36 PM
What I am thinking is this.

Dispell on a player, adds you to any mobs on their hate list.

Dispell on NPC, aggro.

Dispell on player with no aggro, then it will be like a detrimental spell on them, and any mobs you are not friendly with nearby, then aggro. If you are both friendly with the nearby mobs, then no aggro.

A question on detrimental spells, on a player, who is friendly with nearby NPCs. Should they aggro if you are friendly too? I am thinking not. On red, how does this currently work?

H

Colgate
12-28-2014, 10:48 PM
city guards will attack an aggressor if the aggressor has lower faction than the person they're attacking

if the aggressor has greater than or equal to the faction of the person they're attacking, the guards will not attack anyone

this is the correct implementation that existed in classic, i'm pretty sure

also, i'm pretty sure you used to be able to cast a damage shield on someone that you knew had lower faction than you, auto attack them, and the damage shield damage would cause the guards to attack that person, even though they didn't actually do anything

i don't think that's currently happening on red99, though, would have to test

Haynar
12-28-2014, 10:50 PM
city guards will attack an aggressor if the aggressor has lower faction than the person they're attacking

if the aggressor has greater than or equal to the faction of the person they're attacking, the guards will not attack

this is the correct implementation that existed in classic, i'm pretty sure
That sounds like what I have heard. I will see if I can make dispell work in the same way.

H

Bazia
12-31-2014, 07:36 AM
dispell was always considered beneficial on players and should remain as such as to not aggro npc assist for pvp

Lasher
01-01-2015, 10:13 AM
It should not aggro guards but if you have mobs on you and someone dispells you and you zone or FD the mobs will go after the person who casted dispell, just as if the person healed you with mobs on you and you zoned/fd

Crazycloud
01-01-2015, 01:04 PM
It should not aggro guards but if you have mobs on you and someone dispells you and you zone or FD the mobs will go after the person who casted dispell, just as if the person healed you with mobs on you and you zoned/fd

This,

If you pell someone with mobs you get agro.
If you pell someone near guards where they have more faction you shouldn't get agro.

Extremely useful for enchanters.