PDA

View Full Version : Res timer = 3 hours... classic?

oldhead
12-28-2014, 04:23 PM
A normal player corpse can be resurrected only within the first 3 hours after death. This timer only ticks if the player (or any player on account?) is online.

I do not remember it being like this in classic.

I can recall letting my corpse sit at zone lines (as long as it had an item left on it) and going about my business grouping or whatever while I waited for a cleric to show up sometimes hours or even a day later.

I do not recall any urgency regarding res timers. People would leave low value items on the corpse just in case they never got a res and it did rot.

Grimjaw
12-28-2014, 05:04 PM
at what point in the timeline do you recall this? Because I recall in classic corpses only lasting 24 hours before they completely rotted. (Yes, in classic everquest your corpse was gone after 24 hours)

SamwiseRed
12-28-2014, 05:12 PM
"CORPSE RECOVERY. This is from a post on EQ Vault by John Smedley: "In a nutshell, the Corpse Recovery rules are as follows: Characters All Levels: If you have no items on your corpse, it will dissapear within 3 minutes. Characters Level 1-5: Corpse will dissapear within 30 minutes (real time) whether you are online or offline. Those of you wondering why this rule is in place? - There would be WAY to many bodies if we didn't do it this way. Characters Level 6 and above - Corpse will dissapear within 24 hours if the player is online (being at the character select screen STILL counts as online). Corpses will dissapear within 1 week if the player is offline." An additional note to this that you should be aware of is that being online means being logged into your account, no matter what character you are playing. Thus, if you have a character die and switch to another character for 24 hours without looting that first corpse, the corpse will disappear and you will lose all of your stuff."

SamwiseRed
12-28-2014, 05:14 PM
no more sky corpses yall :)

or corpsing funigs/ac rings/ect. see ya nerds

Haynar
12-28-2014, 06:10 PM
We should add the 24 hours online corpse poofing.

Thanks,

H

khanable
12-28-2014, 06:18 PM

Thanks,

H

yes please

BlkCamel
12-28-2014, 06:26 PM

Thanks,

H

I agree, Character select screen or playing characters on the account count towards xp res timer. You essentially cannot stay at character select or play a char on the same account without the timer going down.

Dillian
12-28-2014, 06:27 PM
to make more classic yes?

Grimjaw
12-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Character select screen or playing characters on the account count towards xp res timer. You essentially cannot stay at character select or play a char on the same account without the timer going down.

that part already exists today. Its just the 24hr thing that's missing.

SamwiseRed
12-28-2014, 09:16 PM
no more corpsing ac rings, pras

Haynar
12-28-2014, 09:49 PM
So CS can deal with even more petitions for missing corpses? Brilliant!
CSR usually only helps with relevant decays. Not corpsed lore items or no rent items.

Mahande
12-28-2014, 10:02 PM
"CORPSE RECOVERY. This is from a post on EQ Vault by John Smedley: "In a nutshell, the Corpse Recovery rules are as follows: Characters All Levels: If you have no items on your corpse, it will dissapear within 3 minutes. Characters Level 1-5: Corpse will dissapear within 30 minutes (real time) whether you are online or offline. Those of you wondering why this rule is in place? - There would be WAY to many bodies if we didn't do it this way. Characters Level 6 and above - Corpse will dissapear within 24 hours if the player is online (being at the character select screen STILL counts as online). Corpses will dissapear within 1 week if the player is offline." An additional note to this that you should be aware of is that being online means being logged into your account, no matter what character you are playing. Thus, if you have a character die and switch to another character for 24 hours without looting that first corpse, the corpse will disappear and you will lose all of your stuff."

Can we get a date confirmation of this? Because during the 10 years that I played the game on live this was never the case.

Haynar
12-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Can we get a date confirmation of this? Because during the 10 years that I played the game on live this was never the case.
I don't know whether it was true or not. But it deserves investigating.

H

evilkorn
12-28-2014, 10:18 PM
FEBRUARY 13, 2002
The timer for corpses is now seven days for any corpse over level five, whether the player is on-line or off-line or any combination of the two.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020213.html

Make it so.

Haynar
12-28-2014, 10:20 PM
FEBRUARY 13, 2002
The timer for corpses is now seven days for any corpse over level five, whether the player is on-line or off-line or any combination of the two.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020213.html

Make it so.
+1

khanable
12-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Yea, posted here in Jan of 02

http://otherworlds31279.yuku.com/topic/800/Player-Corpse-Decay-times#.VKC6K14AA

NEAT

Conscript
12-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Our corpses shall blot out the sun.

Then we will fight on P99.

Haynar
12-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Pets no longer pace. Pets will now, when close to you, STOP.

From those patch notes. Anyone remember this? I remember pets did not always stop unless you had them on guard. It led to them wandering off in dungeons.

Anymore info on what ppl remember, would be cool to look into.

Haynar

-Catherin-
12-28-2014, 10:47 PM
The end of Plane of Sky as we know it.

zanderklocke
12-28-2014, 11:23 PM
The end of Plane of Sky as we know it.

I'm glad I completed all my sky quests. Hmm...will people port up to sky every day to corpse or will people just do fresh clears every time?

evilkorn
12-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Haynar,

You should make sky quests MQ'able like they should be and no one will mind corpse rots in 24hour there. Those classic fixes compliment each other in this case, can't really do one without the other fix.

khanable
12-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Haynar,

You should make sky quests MQ'able like they should be and no one will mind corpse rots in 24hour there. Those classic fixes compliment each other in this case, can't really do one without the other fix.

could revert all the upgrade items too :X

Sikorsky
12-29-2014, 12:22 AM
Make it so.

evilkorn
12-29-2014, 12:44 AM
could revert all the upgrade items too :X

Rogue instant invis targetable mask please, plenty of proof for that and a known fixed date.

Technique
12-29-2014, 01:11 AM
FEBRUARY 21, 2001

Naked PC corpses that have experience and are above level 30 will now last 3 hours instead of 3 minutes.http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html

Abashi's clarification to a question regarding this (emphasis mine):
There is, indeed, only one timer on a corpse. If you have a 6th level or higher, experience giving, non-naked corpse in game and you spend 12 hours playing and then 3.5 days not playing, your corpse will indeed be gone.
I'll rewrite that bit and try to make it less confusing.
------
Player Corpse Decay Times
p.20: The bottom half of this page outlines corpse decay times based upon level and login status. The times provided are incorrect. The player-corpse decay times are as follows. Please note that all times are in real time, not Norrathian time:
Level 1 – 5: 30 minutes
Level 6+: 24 hours of online time, or 1 week of offline time (or some combination of both).

Empty corpses (with no items) have a different timer than those with items:
Level 1 – 29: 3 minutes
Level 30+ : 3 hours (total, online or offline).
*Note: It is best advised to get your corpse right away. Also note that when considering corpses that are not empty one-hour in game is the same as seven hours out of game, and that the timer on a corpse ticks down whether you are in game or not. If you have a level 12 corpse with items on it in the game and spend 12 hours playing and 3.5 days out of game, that corpse will be gone. Also, be advised that leaving your computer at the character select screen or play on another character on that same account counts as time in game as it relates to the corpse decay timer.
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20030225190850/http:/boards.station.sony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum1/HTML/000305.html

Burrito
12-29-2014, 01:22 AM
I like and dislike this change.

Haynar
12-29-2014, 02:04 AM
With the good, also comes the bad.

Will consider this change. It sure will make it interesting.

H

Smilkers
12-29-2014, 02:27 AM
I'd be all about this change to make perma-camping named spawns more difficult.

Getting stuck in line behind someone who wants a minimum of 4 AC rings or 3 FBSS before leaving camp is always tons of fun... :rolleyes:

Jimjam
12-29-2014, 02:49 AM
Skyfall!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeumyOzKqgI

I'd be all about this change to make perma-camping named spawns more difficult.

Getting stuck in line behind someone who wants a minimum of 4 AC rings or 3 FBSS before leaving camp is always tons of fun... :rolleyes:

Technically, they shouldn't be camping a second immediately after the first drops. Dunno how much recognition or respect the rule gets though.

oldhead
12-29-2014, 03:40 AM
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html

Abashi's clarification to a question regarding this (emphasis mine):
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20030225190850/http:/boards.station.sony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum1/HTML/000305.html

All of this only addresses decay of corpses and EMPTY corpses.

If you leave a junk item on a corpse it holds the corpse for res for later. I mean this was common practice in classic EQ. Empty corpses used to poof fast then they changed it so empty corpses will last 3 hours... EMPTY. I do not remember the res timer on a corpses with items on it. I do not see that info posted.

NegaStoat
12-29-2014, 03:50 AM
Please warn the players at least 72 hours in advance before making the change with a patch if you could, thanks. People will scream if they come back to the game after RL stuff to find corpsed No Rents or other items gone with poofed corpses that they're used to having a week of time to work with.

Other than that, goferit. I recall the corpse timer rules as listed from the quotes as being classic, and sweating bullets recovering a corpse from a Bard I had set up to swim against a wall with the Water breathing song running in order to raise instrument skill and swimming at the same time.

I kid you not, intense lack of stamina killed my character somehow while I was sleeping with the game running (Velious era).

Technique
12-29-2014, 04:16 AM
I do not remember the res timer on a corpses with items on it. I do not see that info posted.Level 1 – 5: 30 minutes
Level 6+: 24 hours of online time, or 1 week of offline time (or some combination of both).

wycca
12-29-2014, 06:39 AM
On one hand I get the constant push for things to be classic. On the other, it's selective. Ie no binding in Kael zonewide on day 1 (wasn't changed until 27 days before luclin)...and no login/warp trick in SG. Classicquest for some things but not others? Consistency please!

myriverse
12-29-2014, 08:55 AM
at what point in the timeline do you recall this? Because I recall in classic corpses only lasting 24 hours before they completely rotted. (Yes, in classic everquest your corpse was gone after 24 hours)
It was 24 hours of online time or 7 days offline, whichever came first. My first several days playing EQ, I remember passing this one girl's 6-7 corpses strewn throughout WK for like a week. I think she must have rage quit or something. But I used her corpses as landmarks for almost a week.

fadetree
12-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Interesting, but wasn't the OP's original question about the exp res timer rather than the corpse poof timer?

Thulack
12-29-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm glad I completed all my sky quests. Hmm...will people port up to sky every day to corpse or will people just do fresh clears every time?

Some will just leave toons up in sky all the time ;)

....on that note after the change i have necro for hire. Will drag and summon corpses to any island for a large fee :)

Ele
12-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Also need to address corpse timer via /consider message.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1541115#post1541115

Everyone knew it was coming!

Conning a corpse currently gives back a timer to decay and a timer on rez. This is a Luclin mechanic (boo hiss, cats on the moon) and should not be in yet.

February 2002 Patch (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020213.html)

"NPC and PC corpses can now be /considered to find out how long until they decay, and PC corpses additionally tell you how long you have to resurrect them."

EQ Cleric discussion on the matter (http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4899&highlight=corpse+timer)

Unsure how tied this is into the client... but it is indeed, not classic.

Brocode
12-29-2014, 11:49 AM
thats indeed a must post in bugs forum! Should make it go to a "GMshadowrest", where corpses goes when poofed incase any player lost forever real corpse by random events, but not like live with everyone free access.

ps: Shadowrest is a zone in Live where theres a summoner that summons all your corpses losts from anywhere, even if it has been gone or rotted. Not classic tho.

Raev
12-29-2014, 12:20 PM

Thanks,

H

+1

So tired of all the corpsed AC rings, fungi tunics, tranix crowns, etc.

edit: HOWEVER, in order to make Sky not suck after these changes the bees need to be flagged as mez/charmable and the gear needs to be a safe spot - check any Sky guide to verify this. Currently neither of those are true.

Also, how sure are we about the 12 hour Bee respawn timer in sky? Every single other non-raid target in the planes respawns at 8 hours (even Maestro!). http://www.monkly-business.net/index.php?pageid=sky mentions 8 hours but does not have anything special on the bees. http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjonze/guides/planes/planeofsky1/posguide.pdf doesn't mention that either, and they even talk about waiting around 8 hours for more keys on 4 or 5.

I actually see the plane of sky being pretty awesome after these new changes. People will just camp a wizard alt up there to port the trigger back to 1. The meteors and eyes on 3 will actually die. Enchanters get to be useful and mez the bees. The Hand of Veeshan will be a legitimate badass. Every guild will just pick a semi-random 24 people to go to sky each week and MQ stuff to their alts later. And if you have been relying on bringing 75 players to beat the zone? Well then you get to learn how to play.

Haynar
12-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Please warn the players at least 72 hours in advance before making the change with a patch if you could, thanks. People will scream if they come back to the game after RL stuff to find corpsed No Rents or other items gone with poofed corpses that they're used to having a week of time to work
So if we conclude that a non-classic feature has been horribly exploited to allow accomplishing much that was not possible in classic, we need to give a warning first?

What next? Start posting lists of accounts flagged for RMT, that way ppl know not to buy stuff from them for cash?

Exploit is exploit. There is no requirement to warn before fixing bugs or exploits.

Thanks for your concern for helping those abusing this though.

H

NegaStoat
12-29-2014, 07:45 PM
So if we conclude that a non-classic feature has been horribly exploited to allow accomplishing much that was not possible in classic, we need to give a warning first?

What next? Start posting lists of accounts flagged for RMT, that way ppl know not to buy stuff from them for cash?

Exploit is exploit. There is no requirement to warn before fixing bugs or exploits.

Thanks for your concern for helping those abusing this though.

H

Plenty of people are currently playing the game in its 'as is' state, and don't have memories of old retail experience to draw upon to know the difference if something is bugged or not. My concern was for the people who found the server through Twitch streams or the like - not for the people who are abusing the the situation as an exploit for personal game.

Thank you for jumping the conclusion you made about me as a person though.

N

Technique
12-29-2014, 07:52 PM
There is no requirement to warn before fixing bugs or exploits.Adjusting the corpse timer rules isn't fixing this "exploit", because it won't change the fact that corpses could still be used to store lore/norent items.

And sure, giving advance notice of a rule change isn't required, but it's the responsible thing to do when the change has the potential to affect even those players who aren't "exploiting" the feature.

Haynar
12-29-2014, 09:47 PM
It will probably add a new corpse timer. Geesh. So when it goes out, existing corpses will use old rules. And new corpses get new ones.

H

oldhead
12-29-2014, 10:57 PM
That sounds about what I remember.

So its currently 3 hours... they are going to fix that and at the same time make corpses rot faster. Not sure why 1 week was ever thought to be classic. I always thought it was 3 days to rot.

Bardalicious
12-29-2014, 11:11 PM

It was very much the case. For example I was playing on rallos zek during classic, I had saved up enough plat to buy travelers boots off the merchant for my twink wizard. I ended up dying en route to Sol A and recall getting back to my corpse with mere seconds left before it rotted with all that platinum on it.

I'll never forget that moment for the rest of my life.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-30-2014, 03:58 AM

Just make one necro hold his keys, make it a guild account or something :P Lots of corpse summoning, though, and sky stones :P

Bazia
12-30-2014, 05:18 AM
stop summoning rotted corpses shit isnt classic

Daldaen
12-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Just make one necro hold his keys, make it a guild account or something :P Lots of corpse summoning, though, and sky stones :P

On this server...

People will just leave certain characters in sky permanently. Keys don't poof if you camp in sky.

Like many of you have SEB characters or VP characters or Naggy/Vox characters.

Bruno
12-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Plenty of people are currently playing the game in its 'as is' state, and don't have memories of old retail experience to draw upon to know the difference if something is bugged or not. My concern was for the people who found the server through Twitch streams or the like - not for the people who are abusing the the situation as an exploit for personal game.

Thank you for jumping the conclusion you made about me as a person though.

N

:D

maahes
12-30-2014, 11:40 AM

Link your source nerd.

myriverse
12-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Oct 1999:

"Level 1-5 30 minutes, in or out of the game.
Level 6+ 24 hours in game (this means logged onto ANY server, even the
character selection screen) or 1 week if not logged in."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.games.everquest/corpse$20decay/alt.games.everquest/RPd2-BCtlBE/zA8U0-0I0I0J

NGHpnotiq
12-31-2014, 01:29 AM
Which line for the Pitchfork and Torch please.

Toodles
12-31-2014, 07:22 AM
Haynar,

Sure you can.

There's enough MQ abuse on this server to make up for any 'loss' of Sky benefits.

On one hand I get the constant push for things to be classic. On the other, it's selective. Ie no binding in Kael zonewide on day 1 (wasn't changed until 27 days before luclin)...and no login/warp trick in SG. Classicquest for some things but not others? Consistency please!

Sadly you come to realize that selective is indeed the key word.

Nirgon
12-31-2014, 02:25 PM
This doesn't end plane of sky..

It just means you need to corpse summon and have necros camped

The BFG in Velious can also be used to island hop

Make changes for gr8 classic effect, no need to pander to the haters